• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Gala

A question for the real estate payout, is it just a timer that runs out until I can get the payments or do I have to do activities?

brau

Perhaps not the best place to post, since most people in this thread will be lurkers and posters that already own the game. But, tomorrow is the deadline for the Yakuza 0 giveaway thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335735

xdY7RLs.png

Just want to give people a chance to win a copy of such a great game.

I am playing on hard. And since I'm quoting you I ended up reading that spoiler...
those 2 fuckers take you on and the same time?

All I'll say is you're gonna enjoy that fight.

Bait you can buy in don quixote and m markets, I think - The best rod is in the Sotenbori pawn shop for 30 mil. I think I also got a rod when Kiryu buys a particular business for the real estate game.

Yup, it's the 100-yen sushi place in the Electronics King district. It's at one of the intersections on Nakamichi, the main drag.

Also, while trying to remember the name of the street, I found this map of Yakuza 3's Kamurocho and man, it's actually quite different. I totally didn't realize how much the map has changed in terms of size.

Majima's
Mad Dog Style
. It's...it's beautiful. I guess I should probably get back to the story though. 60 hours is probably enough time spent on side missions.

...Well, maybe I'll train up the last hostess first.

Also, I've just discovered the list of items completed on the completion menu (Press Triangle) and it's a lifesaver if I want to go for 100%. Hell of a lot fo go through though.

Maybe I'll just spend the next 20-30 hours actually playing the damned game rather than the games within the game.

jorgeton

A question for the real estate payout, is it just a timer that runs out until I can get the payments or do I have to do activities?

It's a timer. Just make sure you're not in the pause or map menu, and time will pass. What I did after a while was go AFK in the real estate office while the bar filled up and go do something else IRL for a couple of minutes.

heh, I like the Real Estate. You don't really do much, you do a side mission, you return to your base to get a lot of money. Repeat. It just give more spacing between missions and I also like to just walk in the streets and look at the shops and approach to see if it's a location I can buy.

Exactly. With real estate I'm never just waiting around. I think it really helps the pace and give everything some drive.

Perhaps not the best place to post, since most people in this thread will be lurkers and posters that already own the game. But, tomorrow is the deadline for the Yakuza 0 giveaway thread.

Just want to give people a chance to win a copy of such a great game.

I posted in that thread but my request was not for me since, like you said a lot of people including myself in this thread already have it, but for someone else
All I'll say is you're gonna enjoy that fight.
aaaight. currently back on the majima saga though so can you refresh my memory and tell me what chapter that will be

brau

I posted in that thread but my request was not for me since, like you said a lot of people including myself in this thread already have it, but for someone elseaaaight. currently back on the majima saga though so can you refresh my memory and tell me what chapter that will be

Yep. I don't mind.

Halfway down to taking down the Media King, and I reiterate that Real Estate is the worst part of this game.

I wouldn't say it's the worst part–Shogi says hi–but not being able conduct business from phone booths makes it very tedious. I think also it just lacks much payoff for the work, other than money. If for instance buying a property opened up access to that property for leisure activities, I think that would tie real estate into the rest of the game better and give us more reason to do it. It annoys me that I bought properties that I can't even check out the insides of.

If there's any suggestion I'd make to new players, it would be to space it out over multiple chapters. I can see it being more enjoyable that way. I'm basically doing it all at once at the very end
chapter 15 I think?
(which put the story on a massive halt) and it's killing me.

Honestly, the plot doesn't give you much time to do real estate or cabaret unless you just ignore the narrative tension completely. I'm on Ch. 10 and just finally found a break in the narrative where I can spend more time on it.

Bait you can buy in don quixote and m markets, I think - The best rod is in the Sotenbori pawn shop for 30 mil. I think I also got a rod when Kiryu buys a particular business for the real estate game.

Bait is purchased from the local grocery store (marked brown-ish on the map) and I'm not entirely sure where you get fishing rods.

But the absolute best one is available from the pawn shop (marked as yellow on the map) though it's expensive if you're still early in the game. But it's shared so if you buy it with one character, both have access to it.

Sadly, yes.

Hmm, is it marked as bait? I know i checked those stores before and i bough some rice balls, because i remembered using those as bait in Y5, but when i try using bait while fishing, it says i don't have any. I'll have another look. I'll also check Ebisu Pawn for the rod. I'm not hurting for cash, i'm in the 4th chapter and got almost 8 billion yen from repeatedly shaking down Mr. Shakedown. :D

Thanks!

brau

Link to thread.

'atlusprime' (SEGA and ATLUS PR guy here on GAF) just offered to add 5 more digital copies of the game! These are only just for the americas tho. But here.

RFIviYO.png

So i'll split the giveaway into 2. The 3 copies i giveaway is still open to anywhere, as long as i can easily get a copy to whomever, and then 5 that will have to go to someone that lives in the americas.

Just to clarify, when I say "the americas" that's Canada, US, Mexico and the rest of Central and South America! :D

Please show some love to 'atlusprime'!!!

If possible, can i get a mod to help add the change to the title that would be amazing.

Man, they really went all out with the side stories this time! I'm at Chapter 7 and not a single side story has disappointed me!

It's never too late.
w5KTfQi.png

Could you please give me the Yakuza Supporter label as well? The awful chubby Waddle is looking lonely and wants the manly presence of Kiryu by his side.

brau

Man, they really went all out with the side stories this time! I'm at Chapter 7 and not a single side story has disappointed me!

Could you please give me the Yakuza Supporter label as well? The awful chubby Waddle is looking lonely and wants the manly presence of Kiryu by his side.

7pJZBmb.png

kiaaa

Wow, Beast makes the Ultimate Climax Battles a complete joke lol. Majima's require some more finesse at least.

edit - er, maybe it was just Sera. The other ones don't seem to be able to stop Breaker's ground spin move (Square x3->Triangle).

Ultimadrago

'atlusprime' (SEGA and ATLUS PR guy here on GAF) just offered to add 5 more digital copies of the game! These are only just for the americas tho. But here.

So i'll split the giveaway into 2. The 3 copies i giveaway is still open to anywhere, as long as i can easily get a copy to whomever, and then 5 that will have to go to someone that lives in the americas.

Just to clarify, when I say "the americas" that's Canada, US, Mexico and the rest of Central and South America! :D

Wow! Thanks atlusprime. We'll miss you :(

Wow, Beast makes the Ultimate Climax Battles a complete joke lol. Majima's require some more finesse at least.

edit - er, maybe it was just Sera. The other ones don't seem to be able to stop Breaker's ground spin move (Square x3->Triangle).

Yeah, those two styles blow through most anything. lol

Hmm, is it marked as bait? I know i checked those stores before and i bough some rice balls, because i remembered using those as bait in Y5, but when i try using bait while fishing, it says i don't have any. I'll have another look. I'll also check Ebisu Pawn for the rod. I'm not hurting for cash, i'm in the 4th chapter and got almost 8 billion yen from repeatedly shaking down Mr. Shakedown. :D

Thanks!

There's bait and high quality bait. It's only sold in like 1 convenience store per city.

And wow, this game is bringing in lots of Yakuza supporters lol

Young Magus

SUCK IT CLUB MOON!

Oh wait... the antagonists have a sympathetic backstory... fuck.

The only real jerks ended up being Club Mars guy and Club Venus guy.

Man fuck that battle.
Had to reset 4 times so that Moon wouldn't keep spamming that attack on my club.

Always ended up with 1~5 million less when he did that too. But the 5th time I won by thin hair.

it would have been so much better if kiryu taught haruka how to defend herself, and we would get this :

tumblr_n5doshHBuB1r2h3lgo2_r1_500.gif

ahjuy8.gif

Long version (the music, kiryu and saejima cheering, god this is epic)

What the hell I'm looking at?

hamsjams

How is everyone handling troublesome customers in Cabaret Club Czar? Are there cues to pick up on to reliably resolve things, like when a girl asks for help? I can't even really discern what effect the different options have, or how consistent those effects are. 90% of the time I just defend the girl. I have an instinctual requirement to defend my virtual employees, apparently.

Ultimadrago

How is everyone handling troublesome customers in Cabaret Club Czar? Are there cues to pick up on to reliably resolve things, like when a girl asks for help? I can't even really discern what effect the different options have, or how consistent those effects are. 90% of the time I just defend the girl. I have an instinctual requirement to defend my virtual employees, apparently.

I never really got around to this. I see that there's a difference in animation where sometimes the hostess is arguing with the customer and other times she's trying to extinguish the situation while getting chewed out. I'm guessing that the customer's personality has to do something with it as well (the small list of traits at the bottom).

I decided to just gift every time regardless (unless it's in a battle). It never bothers me much whether the customer stays or goes and I usually make up the money rather handily.

brau

Just started this game. Should I just focus on one type of fighting style or branch out to all of them?

I have branched out. I don't regret it.

Specially because there are different encounters that call for different fighting styles. Also, if you are like me and invest in visiting the place and engaging in sidequests and helping EVERYONE, you'll end up with enough money to upgrade all of the different branches equally without having one be more upgraded than the other.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wouldn't say it's the worst part–Shogi says hi–but not being able conduct business from phone booths makes it very tedious. I think also it just lacks much payoff for the work, other than money. If for instance buying a property opened up access to that property for leisure activities, I think that would tie real estate into the rest of the game better and give us more reason to do it. It annoys me that I bought properties that I can't even check out the insides of.

Honestly, the plot doesn't give you much time to do real estate or cabaret unless you just ignore the narrative tension completely. I'm on Ch. 10 and just finally found a break in the narrative where I can spend more time on it.
Oh, I agree, shogi is worse. Real estate is such a big chunk of Kiryu's story though.

You're also right about pacing. At some point you have to say "oh well" to the tension and go bowling.

81%. This bastard beat me at disco, prolonging it even further. Media King, you will fall tonight.

JLuke2600

I just picked up a copy of Yakuza 2 from the recent reprint. I hear that it improves upon the first game in most respects.

For someone who isn't necessarily bought into this series, is the first one worth getting? I understand the second game has a decent summary of the first. I suppose I wouldn't mind getting it for collection purposes, but $50 is a little hefty.

sn00zer

Electronic King.

Anyway, for the business mini-game, don't be afraid to spend the money, but remember to keep enough money to invest in advisors leveling up your properties at every turn.

You'll recoup your investment very quickly.
I did all my properties in the first district are A or S. Also do the work counters reset if I take a manager or security off a site for one turn?

Ultimadrago

Just started this game. Should I just focus on one type of fighting style or branch out to all of them?

Hmm, even on Hard, you have the freedom to branch out to anything you find most enjoyable to you. So it's less "Should" and more "Will I have fun sticking to this one style or would I prefer switching?"

For future reference the cheesiest styles in my experience was Beast for Kiryu and Breaker Spin Dance for Majima. Slugger is also pretty good for Majima, but slower at clearing rooms.

brau

I just picked up a copy of Yakuza 2 from the recent reprint. I hear that it improves upon the first game in most respects.

For someone who isn't necessarily bought into this series, is the first one worth getting? I understand the second game has a decent summary of the first. I suppose I wouldn't mind getting it for collection purposes, but $50 is a little hefty.

You can always wait for 'Kiwami' to release, with all the upgrades and enhancements of the new engine and stuff.

I honestly started with 2. Had a good recap of 1. but i look forward to get into Kiwami to experience the overhaul of Yakuza. Specially after 0, which has been an amazing game so far.

Desmond

Man fuck that battle.
Had to reset 4 times so that Moon wouldn't keep spamming that attack on my club.

Always ended up with 1~5 million less when he did that too. But the 5th time I won by thin hair.

What the hell I'm looking at?

Hacked PS3 playing Yakuza 5 with all the joys that modding brings to the table

Ultimadrago

I did all my properties in the first district are A or S. Also do the work counters reset if I take a manager or security off a site for one turn?

Work Counters as in the Employee Stats? Yep. One Collection is all they need to reset. Heck, they'll reset if just shifted on a different property, as you likely found out.

steadfast

Wait for the Kiwami version this summer.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Yo! Noid, known in Japan as Kamen no Ninja Hanamaru (仮面の忍者 花丸 Kamen no ninja Hanamaru?, lit. "Masked Ninja Hanamaru") is a 2D action platform game developed by Now Production and published by Capcom for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The game was first released in Japan on March 16, 1990 and was localized in the United States to promote the Noid, the claymation mascot of Domino's Pizza in the late 1980s. The game is also released as part of Nintendo's PlayChoice-10 series and featured in the Japanese TV show GameCenter CX.

Linkura

Riki Takeuchi (Awano) and Hitoshi Ozawa (Kuze) have actually appeared in a few movies together like the Dead or Alive films by Takashi Miike and this film released in 2012:

d-0016801.jpg

Hideo Nakano (Shibusawa) is probably best known for being in the Outrage series by Takeshi Kitano (yakuza films):

545229.jpg

God, they did a fucking incredible job with their likenesses.

cj_iwakura

Much as I'd love a free copy(haven't gotten it yet), I'd rather those eight copies go to people who might get addicted to the series as a result.

Jimrpg

Link to thread.

RFIviYO.png

If possible, can i get a mod to help add the change to the title that would be amazing.
Thanks again brau! Thanks John!

Jimrpg

I'm aware. :p I mean I'd rather not take it away from someone who's new to the series.

Aw it's ok I think. If you haven't got your copy yet you should definitely enter. There may also be people who are undecided on the series, take the code and not play the game at all.

How come you haven't got your copy yet?

cj_iwakura

Aw it's ok I think. If you haven't got your copy yet you should definitely enter. There may also be people who are undecided on the series, take the code and not play the game at all.

How come you haven't got your copy yet?

Not in the budget at the moment, I had other things to get first.

Seiryoden

I've never felt more grateful for the Vita's remote play. 6 hours cooking dinner and watching old owarai shit while tapping in Majima and Kiryu's legendary skill tree points.

Takes about 1 3/4 hours to clear 20 levels o_O

Nearing the end, a lot I want to say about this crazy, beautiful game.

Megasoum

Banned
I just got a Diamond Plate from the DLC clown and just checked the Pawn Shop.... fuck... I almost kinda don'T want to sell it...

Top Bottom