• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

hamsjams

It's been brought up before in this thread but I'd like to add my voice to those saying that Club Moon's special ability is some bullshit. Because holy crap, it is straight dirt. I will snatch that moon from the sky yet.

So yeah at Chapter 5/6? I grinded the hell out of the real estate stuff. The
4th style
for kiryu seems week for some reason. Do I really have to level it til 20+ or something?

So yeah at Chapter 5/6? I grinded the hell out of the real estate stuff. The
4th style
for kiryu seems week for some reason. Do I really have to level it til 20+ or something?

That upgrade
chain keeps going and going till level 99, not worth doing IMO. You can do it at least once but it's not
necessary.

The
style is his default style from all the other Yakuza games but this one doesn't even come close to all the heat moves and abilities that he has in Y4 or Y5.

DKL

Do not equip the Charismatic Autobiography.

I like how the game does away with the gentleman's agreement when you equip this shit and everyone suddenly goes in.

I can still beat these encounters (haven't tried it on a boss), but it gets tiring mashing all da buttons lol

hamsjams

Also, the
Toilet Talk
substory actually has a really sad ending for the other party. I was not expecting to find it that depressing.

Not quite there yet. What is it?

It immediately kicks your guests out, at least 2 at a time and more than that for the level 3 version. In addition, it deals heavy damage to all of your girls' hp, thus affecting their abiity levels. Just one or two activations can totally leave some girls unable to meet customer satisfaction. Because of these things combined, it can really snowball on you. I had multiple girls completely sapped of hp by the end.

That upgrade
chain keeps going and going till level 99, not worth doing IMO. You can do it at least once but it's not
necessary.

The
style is his default style from all the other Yakuza games but this one doesn't even come close to all the heat moves and abilities that he has in Y4 or Y5.

Is that freaking why I keep two to three shotting Mr.Shakedowns now with the beast style and the zap gun? welp

I fucked up my game ;_;

It immediately kicks your guests out, at least 2 at a time and more than that for the level 3 version. In addition, it deals heavy damage to all of your girls' hp, thus affecting their abiity levels. Just one or two activations can totally a leave some girls unable to meet customer satisfaction. Because of these things combined, it can really snowball on you. I had multiple girls completely sapped of hp by the end.

Yeah, it's
kinda bullshit but the best way to counter it is to hold on to your heat meter until he uses that ability, and at least 2 or 3 customers walk in and instantly pop the heat meter.

Replenishes HP, and you don't need to worry about a bad mood since the heat will push it up to the max.

SephLuis

Is that freaking why I keep two to three shotting Mr.Shakedowns now with the beast style and the zap gun? welp

I fucked up my game ;_;

Damn, you weren't kidding when you grinded the hell of real estate....

At this point, buy the Tojo Clan and the Empty Lot. Happy alternate ending for you lol

If you're feeling masochistic, equip the charismatic autobiography. Should give you a slight challenge.

Teepo671

Dang, I really fell in love with the game and I want more so I picked up 3 a few days ago and also have 4 and 5 from ps plus.....but I'm kind of thinking maybe I should wait until Kiwami comes out before I dig into these. Ugh. Wish Kiwami wasn't so far away.... )':

soi can do some grinding in this game?

You CAN but by the time it turns into a full on grind, you've unlocked everything you can get from various modes and you're probably just doing it to get powerups that will make you straight up OP.

I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Dang, I really fell in love with the game and I want more so I picked up 3 a few days ago and also have 4 and 5 from ps plus.....but I'm kind of thinking maybe I should wait until Kiwami comes out before I dig into these. Ugh. Wish Kiwami wasn't so far away.... )':
You can certainly play the games if you want, but know that it will be a transition going back from this version to the older games on PS3. Not that big, but there will be a bit of an adjustment period.

But know that Yakuza burnout is a real thing, there are a lot of them and they're all massive. So just remember to pace yourself.

Damn, you weren't kidding when you grinded the hell of real estate....

At this point, buy the Tojo Clan and the Empty Lot. Happy alternate ending for you lol

If you're feeling masochistic, equip the charismatic autobiography. Should give you a slight challenge.

My only gripe about 4th style is : WHERE IS THE FUCKING MOVESET?

I did not even know there was a grab counter. I thought I could do the R1+Triangle counter that does huge damage with iframe but nope...It's R1+Circle -___-

I did not even know there was a grab counter. I thought I could do the R1+Triangle counter that does huge damage with iframe but nope...It's R1+Circle -___-

In the abilities section, press triangle to see the moves. Go to the various sections, and the ones
with the white icons on the
heat bars are
Legend
specific. Same applies to Majima.

SephLuis

I would recommend you to play Y4 then. Y3 partially builds on the story after Y1 and Y2 and it's better if you played those.

Y4 is where they introduced multiple protagonists as a way to easy newcomers into the series so it doesn't make too many mentions of previous games.

Each of those games has a recap for what happened in each game so avoid seeing those videos unless you want to get spoiled of everything.

Also, avoid playing them too much. Each Yakuza has a massive amount of content and it can burn people out eventually.

i have literally been playing that game since the master system & decades in the arcades and i feel i've never gotten any better at it, haha

it's too chill for me to care when i get game over, i'm just happy about the ride!

Yakuza 0, the japanese release, was the first time I played Outrun in my life and I wasn't that bad at it. I did managed to beat the Eletronics King without to much difficulty too.

In the english version I managed to get an ending after I learned to use the brakes lol

Go to the ability purchase screen and press triangle. The move list for everything should come up

what difficulty is recommended for a newcomer?

normal?

Well hard is the ideal difficulty for veterans and for people who are used to action games.

You can actually change the difficulty whenever you want without having it affect any trophy or progression so I'd recommend starting with hard and knocking it down a peg if you're having too much trouble.

The wisdom you're laying out in this thread is legendary.
It's not just me :)

alright fellas.

bout to pop this in and give it a go.

first yakuza game ive ever tried. any tips?

Say goodbye to your loved ones for a few weeks.

Once you've gotten the hang of the fighting styles, get comfortable avoiding encounters. There's much better ways to grind.

Two steps over, about 20 degrees right and a couple taps left will net you a strike.

hamsjams

Yeah, it's
kinda bullshit but the best way to counter it is to hold on to your heat meter until he uses that ability, and at least 2 or 3 customers walk in and instantly pop the heat meter.

Replenishes HP, and you don't need to worry about a bad mood since the heat will push it up to the max.

Thanks for the tip! I've been leveling up my hostesses since my defeat. Next time I attempt the battle, I'll keep this in mind.

Edgeward

is there a list of where to get materials for Majima's agent hunt? gotta stop randomly picking out places now and need to get specific mats

is there a list of where to get materials for Majima's agent hunt? gotta stop randomly picking out places now and need to get specific mats
Credit to Endless-Bravado for the link:

https://translate.google.com/transl...http://spwiki.net/ryuzero/&edit-text=&act=url

Search for the word "database", and in that section there should be a link with "material". That's where you can find it.
ok im having an absolute blast with this karaoke lmfao.

that one song is catchy as shit

BREAKING ZA LAWWW! BREAKING ZA WARRRUDO!!

8bit

Knows the Score
Finished! I just spent 10.5 hours straight playing from chapter 12 all the way to the end. I kind of want to go back and finish the real estate/cabaret club businesses (made it as far as beating Pleasure King and Club Mercury), but I think I might also leave it alone for a while because both those minigames are less fun if you just grind them out repeatedly. I did, at least, get my POCKET CIRCUIT CHAMPIONSHIP, suck it
little kid
!

I'm kind of amazed there isn't a spoiler thread for this game, because there's a lot to unpack in those last few chapters. Having never played Yakuza 1 or 2, I'm also curious to see how this leads into Kiwami. I liked 3 and greatly enjoyed 4 for the most part, but 0 is on another level. It's so consistently entertaining compared to 3 and 4 that I'm shocked this much goodness can fit into one game. This is an early candidate for GOTY as far as I'm concerned.

just tried the Yakuza 6 demo, the game is really amazing but....

god it runs so bad! It's 25 fps most of the time, and there's even some drops under that... Maybe it's better on the PRO but i don't intend to buy one

NEO0MJ

You know, I really like Awano's sense of fashion. Doubt it would be possible to pull off such a look in real life though.

IrishNinja

chapter 13: goddamn, kazzy's a G

older kazzy: no guns, i don't believe in killing

younger kazzy protecting blind women in taxis: YOU KILLED MY COUSIN BACK IN '94, FUCK YO TRUCE

You know, I really like Awano's sense of fashion. Doubt it would be possible to pull off such a look in real life though.

Most people don't look like Riki Takeuchi enough to pull it off.

C3rCjsCWAAEXA79.jpg

C3rCkI5W8AAYkK4.jpg

C3rCkh-WYAEdJB8.jpg

just tried the Yakuza 6 demo, the game is really amazing but....

god it runs so bad! It's 25 fps most of the time, and there's even some drops under that... Maybe it's better on the PRO but i don't intend to buy one

Its much better on the Pro. Its a solid 30FPS, no screen tearing either.

Does it notify you before you reach the point of no return? I kinda wanna just start plowing through the story, but I don't want to get locked out of side content

Vorheez

Does it notify you before you reach the point of no return? I kinda wanna just start plowing through the story, but I don't want to get locked out of side content
I think I'm at that point, and I'm pretty sure it's the end of chapter 9. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though

Top Bottom