• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Does it notify you before you reach the point of no return? I kinda wanna just start plowing through the story, but I don't want to get locked out of side content

There is a point of no-return.

That being said, be advised that it'll be night-time during the point of no-return, and you can't adjust time-of-day, so it'll be locked to playing that story with a night time backdrop.

Or you can play it post-game in Premium Adventure mode.

NEO0MJ

Most people don't look like Riki Takeuchi enough to pull it off.

C3rCjsCWAAEXA79.jpg

Oh my god!

IrishNinja

ughh how do you get through the 4th (katana) punch out artist thing

really, i thought i'd dig a defensive style training more but it's kinda the worst one

its just so cool walking around in this game. i think it looks absolutely gorgeous.

the sounds, sights, lights. love it.

having a good time so far

Yeah, some 50 hours in I haven't really gotten tired of it. Sometimes it's still nice just to hit R1 and stroll around the streets. There's something really unique about the lighting. I don't know if it's accurate to 1980's Tokyo, but it's kind of beautiful in an artificial way.

I also have wondered if it was someone's job to code all the light patterns on the signs, or if they're all just static animated textures. They did a pretty great job regardless, it really adds to that feeling of being in a big Japanese city.

ughh how do you get through the 4th (katana) punch out artist thing

really, i thought i'd dig a defensive style training more but it's kinda the worst one
that dude ? Just run around him and use the dodge mechanic just in case ... the blob on the 3rd is actually the hardest as he was unpredictable and stuff

Raybunny

I am in a bit of a pickle atm.
Defeated the Leisure King and the pleasure king brought trouble onto my first pleasure king zone propriety. So I go there to see what is going on and it seems that nothing is happening. I wonder if I need to buy stuff on his turf to unlock an event and unlock the payout.

Is that demo Japan PSN only?
Japan and Hong Kong PSN only. Maybe a few other regions too but they're Asian markets. It's easy as cake to make a different region account though.

I am in a bit of a pickle atm.
Defeated the Leisure King and the pleasure king brought trouble onto my first pleasure king zone propriety. So I go there to see what is going on and it seems that nothing is happening. I wonder if I need to buy stuff on his turf to unlock an event and unlock the payout.
You mean you can't get money from the location?

Yeah there are
goons hanging around there that you need to beat up. Go to the Pleasure King's area and open the map. There should be a circle in that area, you need to go there and beat up some fools.

IrishNinja

that dude ? Just run around him and use the dodge mechanic just in case ... the blob on the 3rd is actually the hardest as he was unpredictable and stuff

okay so you're basically circling and clicking X? i guess i got fucked up cause i held L a few times & managed to dodge certain cuts, but the horizontal ones seemed to get through

okay so you're basically circling and clicking X? i guess i got fucked up cause i held L a few times & managed to dodge certain cuts, but the horizontal ones seemed to get through

Just stay as far away from him as possible. When he starts an attack, just double dash to your left or right and he'll just keep doing the attack and you're already on the other side of the circle.

Raybunny

Japan and Hong Kong PSN only. Maybe a few other regions too but they're Asian markets. It's easy as cake to make a different region account though.

You mean you can't get money from the location?

Yeah there are
goons hanging around there that you need to beat up. Go to the Pleasure King's area and open the map. There should be a circle in that area, you need to go there and beat up some fools.

Found it, cheers! I totally missed that one. The mark was under a save and taxi mark. Barely visible.

protonion

I'm finishing stuff in premium adventure and real estate is a pain in the ass.

At gambling king atm and it's a major grind. I barely make any progress. I fear what prices I'll see for the media king.

Majima's club is way better paced. And on top of that he gets billions he doesn't even need.

I'm finishing stuff in premium adventure and real estate is a pain in the ass.

At gambling king atm and it's a major grind. I barely make any progress. I fear what prices I'll see for the media king.

Majima's club is way better paced. And on top of that he gets billions he doesn't even need.

You can get better advisors through substories which make the process slightly less painful.

But that last one was a bit too time consuming for my taste, at least if you don't have the funds to buy properties in bulk and have to do piecemeal.

You can get better advisors through substories which make the process slightly less painful.

But that last one was a bit too time consuming for my taste, at least if you don't have the funds to buy properties in bulk and have to do piecemeal.

Even the best advisors still need like 5 rounds of investment once you're at the B/A/S level. I think spent more money using MJ to advise on properties than the first 4 Kings cost of properties combined. And I think maybe even the 5th King.

Finished. 75 hours of pure, unadulterated finance.

This game was incredible. Combat, story, characters, music, everything.

Except the JCC. Fuck that.

I can't believe that it took so long to click that
the Empty Lot becomes the location of the Milennium Tower.
I've only played 4 before, but given its prominence that should have been obvious.

Bring on Kiwami. My knowledge of the story is only from the Yakuza 4 videos, and I've not seen that in a long time, so I'm essentially going in fresh. I can't wait. I want to play Yakuza 4 again in the meantime (rather than, say, playing 5 or Dead Souls which I also own but haven't played much of) but I don't want to burn myself out before Kiwami's released.

I took a look at Kabukicho through Google Maps, and it's quite remarkable how similar some parts are. It's slightly compressed in the game, but generally the same street layout.

I took a look at Kabukicho through Google Maps, and it's quite remarkable how similar some parts are. It's slightly compressed in the game, but generally the same street layout.

They do similar things for every city included in the series - So Osaka, Hiroshima etc. are all faithfully reacreated (albeit in compressed forms) for the series as well. Its a really nice touch.

Guys thanks for answering my question a few pages back! I was so busy playing I forgot to reply, lol.

I just got into the
Dragon in the Making
substory, where you meet this
Ryuji Goda
guy. I got a whopping 45 Mil from fighting him once! Do I meet him later or it's only a one-off thing? He easily doubled my money...

Oh, and do different area in cabaret minigame have different customer preferences? I've been playing in the Jupiter area and it seems that the majority of the customer wants to party ._. Or it's just a coincidence?

Gacha-pin

Finished. 75 hours of pure, unadulterated finance.

This game was incredible. Combat, story, characters, music, everything.

Except the JCC. Fuck that.

I can't believe that it took so long to click that
the Empty Lot becomes the location of the Milennium Tower.
I've only played 4 before, but given its prominence that should have been obvious.

Bring on Kiwami. My knowledge of the story is only from the Yakuza 4 videos, and I've not seen that in a long time, so I'm essentially going in fresh. I can't wait. I want to play Yakuza 4 again in the meantime (rather than, say, playing 5 or Dead Souls which I also own but haven't played much of) but I don't want to burn myself out before Kiwami's released.

I think it's a good idea to play 5 for incoming 6. You can learn Majima's story between 0 and 1 (Kiwami) too.

Aki-at

Guys thanks for answering my question a few pages back! I was so busy playing I forgot to reply, lol.

I just got into the
Dragon in the Making
Ryuji Goda
guy. I got a whopping 45 Mil from fighting him once! Do I meet him later or it's only a one-off thing? He easily doubled my money...

Oh, and do different area in cabaret minigame have different customer preferences? I've been playing in the Jupiter area and it seems that the majority of the customer wants to party ._. Or it's just a coincidence?

That is the
only battle you have with him. He is a cameo of a fan favourite character, was pretty cool to see my second favourite character in his younger days, even though his a kaiju for his age.

I just got into the
Dragon in the Making
Ryuji Goda

He's
the villain in Yakuza 2. If you can even call him that.

You're right, different areas have different preferences. They're usually listed in the description when you hover over which club to target.

Goodness this is amazing. Any link to the video in question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjBhF5OlY9w

He's
the villain in Yakuza 2. If you can even call him that.

Everytime, my hopes for a
Yakuza 2 Kiwami
heightens.
Ryuji
looks totally ace in Ishin.

Yakuza Ishin Character Spoiler

Yakuza 5/Ishin is when I thought the devs finally nailed the ideal look for the cast in HD, whereas in Y3/4/DS, I feel like there was still a certain amount of roughness or style transfer that was lost from Y1/Y2 onwards.

GeeTeeCee

The AI in the pool minigame is the worst. Make a single mistake? Watch as the computer effortlessly sinks four balls in response.

Edit: how the fuck does losing a game of pool constitute a bad lesson for cabaret hostesses? Fuck pool. I'd even prefer disco to this shit. *grumbling continues*

Desmond

I thought the Yakuza 6 demo was locked? Can I only play it with the Japanese account I used to download it? I might just buy it on amazon, only 4000-5000 yen at the moment.

The AI in the pool minigame is the worst. Make a single mistake? Watch as the computer effortlessly sinks four balls in response.

Edit: how the fuck does losing a game of pool constitute a bad lesson for cabaret hostesses? Fuck pool. I'd even prefer disco to this shit. *grumbling continues*

Fortunately a bad lesson still counts and you can just move on to the next one.
I thought the Yakuza 6 demo was locked? Can I only play it with the Japanese account I used to download it? I might just buy it on amazon, only 4000-5000 yen at the moment.
You can play it with another account. SOURCE: I did it.

Just make your ps4 the Primary Ps4 for the Japanese/ Hong Kong account and every other account on that PS4 can use it too. That's what people with multiple region accounts do in general.

Ultimadrago

Bleh, I'm so sick and tired of trying to get a Riichi Ippatsu in Mahjong.

Boy, ran into that one by accident while just trying to squeak by the 10 outs.. Glad I did because it only happened one more time after that between the rest of the matches I had to do.

Vally

Started playing yesterday... god where has this game been all my life? Played a bit of Y4 and didn't quite hook me for some reason, but I'm absolutely loving 0

And every single side story is so fucking good

Desmond

Fortunately a bad lesson still counts and you can just move on to the next one.
You can play it with another account. SOURCE: I did it.

Just make your ps4 the Primary Ps4 for the Japanese/ Hong Kong account and every other account on that PS4 can use it too. That's what people with multiple region accounts do in general.

Did all that. Still says I don't have the permissions to play it.

I was checking out the Ryu Ga Gotoku 0 credits and noticed that Kurenai was playing instead of the music we got for the western release (I rather liked the one we got tho).

So I was wondering, aside from the two songs, Bubble and Kurenai, was there any other changes when the game was brought over to the West? There was also the fact that the combat HUD for each style now had a silhouette.

That is the
only battle you have with him. He is a cameo of a fan favourite character, was pretty cool to see my second favourite character in his younger days, even though his a kaiju for his age.

Ooh that's a shame. I was going to grind the hell out of him :/

You're right, different areas have different preferences. They're usually listed in the description when you hover over which club to target.

Ooh, noted. Thanks for the info!

------------------------
Anyway, I skimmed a few pages and it looks like the weapons agent stuff is worth it?

I already spent close to a hundred miles to dozens of places and I only got marginally stronger weapons like carbon stuff, Chinese broadsword, and materials that I don't know for what.. Any tips on it? How can I get the great weapons?

I think I've found some nice materials like the
Godslayer charm
and some kind of
legendary chain
, but I don't see any stuff of it :/

Ooh that's a shame. I was going to grind the hell out of him :/

Ooh, noted. Thanks for the info!

------------------------
Anyway, I skimmed a few pages and it looks like the weapons agent stuff is worth it?

I don't know, I already spent close to a hundred mil and I only got a slightly stronger weapons like carbon stuff, Chinese broadsword, and materials that I don't know for what.. Any tips on it? How can I get the great weapons?

The best weapons are typically "late-game" stuff in the sense that it costs a LOT of money to get. The more money you put into it, the higher quality parts and weapons you can acquire. Much like the real estate business, it would have been MUCH better if you could manage it from anywhere in the world instead of having to go to the place everytime.

Also, you can farm Mr. Shakedown for cash but you gotta git gud at it (or cheese it by using a lot of heat moves).

tanuki

I realise having a jrpg set in a real world setting makes such a big difference for me. This game just pushes all the right buttons for me.

Just finished chapter 9 and I just love the contrast between the serious plot and the silly side mission stuff. It shouldn't work at all, but it does, and it's amazing.

nOoblet16

When it's getting hot and steamy in that phone dating game and you want to pounce on the opportunity by asking her the million yen question but instead ask her....

lQWfVHf.jpg

Endo Punk

So err.. Just found this secret underground cat fighting ring... ummmmm, Yea... Go Momoko. Also F' this Paper Scissors Stone 😂 My X button is getting a pounding!

Top Bottom