• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

D51N2BM5F.gif
what is this gif?

DC1

i don't know why kiryu and tachibana feel
sympathy hearing about oda's death, after kiryu learns what he did and then tachibana. they should both especially tachi be hating the fuck outta him even if he's dead

Not just what he did..
Oda explains his history to Kiryu as justification for why he (Oda) needs to kill Makimura (and Kiryu to maintain his relationship with Tach). Oda is a straight coward but somehow the writing and directing managed to convey his vulnerability. Great freaking game..Oda id still an asshole.

Chapter 13: Whew, that was quite a ride.

I'm so relieved it was Oda. My heart wouldn't be able to take Tachibana being that horrible. He is still a mafia guy, but he is still a somewhat decent person compared to every other Yakuza not named Kiryu or Majima.

cEGKu5V.gif

Oda is still a piece of shit tho.

They really should've made you fight him again. Even when you think he's not all that bad, then bam, they tell you he's a traitor all along and everything's for show. Why did Makoto bother forgiving him?

what is this gif?

Multiplayer.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
The disco game gives me headaches with all the colors definitely not well designed but I will prevail and become disco king. Also I hope one of these days they're going to give these games a fast restart option.

I feel like there is always so much I want to nag at for Yakuza but I still deeply love these games. For one I'm 100% certain 0 will be the funniest game I'll play in 2017.
The humor is totally in my wheelhouse.

jbug617

Banned
Just finished the game. It's awesome. I know that Kiryu is the face of the series but man Majima is that guy. Especially
after what happens after the game ends.

So are there missable things in this game, or am I always able to 100% it?

A few of the trophies are missable but to get a platinum you need to replay in Legendary Difficulty anyway. If you're trying to get a platinum, use a trophy guide on your second playthrough.

So are there missable things in this game, or am I always able to 100% it?

You'll be able to 100% it, going by the in-game completion percentage. However there are some missable trophies throughout the story campaign, if you're looking to platinum the game.

By the way, I'm finally done with the Story, from chapter 11 onwards I did pretty much nothing else than following the story on a straight path, leaving the rest of Real Estate and Cabaret Club for Premium Adventure.

Loved how everything got tied up in the (MGS4 length) ending cutscene but I gotta say, I found the last stage and the actual showdown a bit underwhelming.
Especially since it felt like the stakes only got lower toward the end, until they had Makoto just decide to take things into her own hand to create some additional drama. And Shibusawa was the least interesting of the three captains.

Yoshi88

I'm playing for about 40 hours now and noticed that I still didn't find the master for Goro's slugger style. I can't even remember where and from whom I got the style in the beginning. Google seems to be no help so far :(

I'm playing for about 40 hours now and noticed that I still didn't find the master for Goro's slugger style. I can't even remember where and from whom I got the style in the beginning. Google seems to be no help so far :(

He is in the Chinese restaurant next to Club Sega. That is also where you can send people out to find components for crafting weapons and armor.

Finished the story at 70 hours.

I loved everything about this game. How does it stack up in comparison to the rest of the series?

It's been a LONG time since I felt sad that a game was over.

Makeda

Finished the story at 70 hours.

I loved everything about this game. How does it stack up in comparison to the rest of the series?

The list might be different for everyone (I personally think Yakuza 2 is still the GOAT of the series) but Zero IMO is a close 2nd or 3rd place for me.
Yakuza Zero gives Majima a much needed backstory that helps set his character up for the rest of the series, the story is also tight and well structured which beats the somewhat plodding pace of entries such as #3.
As with all the games in the series, the combat has improved dramatically compared to the previous entries, so despite loosing a handful of playable characters compared to #4 & 5 - the game feels much smoother than it ever has been before.

My ranking having not yet played 6: Y2 > Y4 > Y0 > Y1 > Y5 > Y3

Just beat the game and while I have a couple harsh criticisms, this game was a hell of a ride. Easily one of the best stories I've played in a long time. Great characters. I'm genuinely interested in the HD remake of 1 this summer. Between this and GR2 it's been a crazy last month and a half.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Any tips on making money in chapter 2? I need to finance my pocket racer addiction and I don't want to move on to when money comes in easily y_y

Any tips on making money in chapter 2? I need to finance my pocket racer addiction and I don't want to move on to when money comes in easily y_y

Sadly there aren't that many tips I can give you other than keep playing the story.

You'll gain access to better and better ways to make money.

You can however, try to farm Mr.Shakedown for money. He gets more and more money each time you beat him, but finding him is a bitch if you don't have the encounter finder item.

Floody

I can't beat the Media King on the dance floor. I have tried over and over again and that damn song... Even on easy!

It doesn't really matter if you lose, just means it'll take slightly longer to 100% his area.
I will say just try and get long combos over loads of steps and get at least 2 d-pad QTE combos and if he doesn't have a god run you should beat him.

You can try farming Mr Shakedown, but he'll be hard to consistentlly beat and won't be as ridiculously rewarding as he becomes once you get the CP multiplier perk. I'd recommend leaving it until you have access to Real Estate side stuff
chapter 6
and do it whilst waiting for the cash to come in. You'll quickly end up with more than you know what to do with.

So I got a dynamite nunchuck... I fucking love this game. It's two dynamite sticks made into a nunchuck... Because why the fuck not. It explode everyone you land a hit. It's simply amazing. 130 hours later I'm still amazed at this game.

Also fuck you Amon.

Aki-at

I can't beat the Media King on the dance floor. I have tried over and over again and that damn song... Even on easy!

His results are sort of randomised, sometimes he'll struggle to get a 2 stars and other times he'll just roll you over with 3 stars, took me a few attempts but on one of his weaker runs I was able to beat him.

xclk07

Not sure which is harder Melee Battle 6 or baseball? Either way, my dreams of a Yakuza platinum are nearly over.

What helped me on these:
Melee 6- have to get lucky that swordsmen don't interrupt your combo many times. Need about 40 seconds going into 2nd wave. I found keeping max heat for combos better than heat moves most of the time. Square 3x into triangle, hold briefly for freeze pose, triangle again.
Baseball- do gold rush instead of super gold rush. Don't pay attention to the ball, focus only on Kiryu. The instant his stance changes, smash the button.
Good luck!!!

Fireblend

Banned
On chapter 6, got the Real Estate stuff unlocked, spent something like 3 hours with that alone. Goddamn this game, I'm not beating it before Zelda gets here am I
KuGsj.gif
(it's a couple of weeks since I have to import it but still, don't see it happening)

omgkitty

Wanted to make a huge dent in this game over the weekend, hoping to try and finish it before Zelda. I was on chapter 5 on Saturday, and am still on chapter 6 now.....I unlocked the real estate stuff and sunk 15 hours into the game just doing that and side missions. Sigh

What helped me on these:
Melee 6- have to get lucky that swordsmen don't interrupt your combo many times. Need about 40 seconds going into 2nd wave. I found keeping max heat for combos better than heat moves most of the time. Square 3x into triangle, hold briefly for freeze pose, triangle again.
Baseball- do gold rush instead of super gold rush. Don't pay attention to the ball, focus only on Kiryu. The instant his stance changes, smash the button.
Good luck!!!

I actually do better in super gold rush for some reason but the most I can get is four and then I mess up.

muteki

I managed to just squeek by Media King (Miracle was impossible though). Electronics King I didn't beat in Outrun, but I think that game was rigged.

Also Ch6 ending was WOW.

I used to have a lot of problems in Outrun back when Shenmue came out. It took me ages to realize that you can shift gears and break. Now I can consistently get around 7m points.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Restarting playing this game after few weeks break due to work

Getting my ass handed to me by people when there's 4 people just constantly juggling me and seem to already throwing punches before I've gotten up and any of my blocks/dodges can register

Anyone got tips for combat ? Love everything else about the game but the difficulty at times grinds my gears

AngryMoth

Remember seeing some people upset after the ending to a certain chapter I'm on now and I really don't wanna keep going with the main story cos I suspect I know what's gonna happen...

Time for the real estate game lol

I really have no interest in all this real estate stuff, it's pretty convoluted :(

I initially thought the same but it's simple. There are three phases of the game: pre-collection, collection, and payout.

Before you collect, you buy properties and "invest" in them to level them up via your advisors. To level them up, you press X on the region listing in the real estate menu. That's also where you can swap out your manager and security, keeping in mind that if the numbers under their name are negative or if their stars are depleted then you want to switch these staff members if possible.

Then you just back out and press triangle to enter the collection phase, and you walk away and do normal game content while you wait.

You come back when it's done for the payout, which is where you either take your earnings no problem or if challenged mash X to keep the gage from emptying in the money battle.

That's pretty much it! The more you do it the more it makes sense.

Restarting playing this game after few weeks break due to work

Getting my ass handed to me by people when there's 4 people just constantly juggling me and seem to already throwing punches before I've gotten up and any of my blocks/dodges can register

Anyone got tips for combat ? Love everything else about the game but the difficulty at times grinds my gears
Check your equipment. If you've equipped the Charismatic Autobiography, unequip it. It's a difficulty modifier item that makes enemies more aggressive.

Speaking of real estate....

I've did almost all side stories up to chapter 10 or so, but I only have 8/10 advisors. I am currently battling the Media King for a percentage of the district so are the 2 missing advisors still to be accessed or have I missed someone?

Top Bottom