• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Squishy3

Are there an infinite amount of taxi missions? Mission list keeps showing six even as I complete more.
I think it's 31 total? It might keep respawning the same ones after you complete them all, of course. You can check how many you've done under sidestories.

Astarte

That quiz sub-story was a little difficult. Had to google a few of the questions >_<.

Also that Ramen mini-game gets hard near the end >_<

I think the Math question was mistranslated (maybe? I'm bad at math),
there was no "Six in thirty six" which was the correct answer according to the guy, only Seven in thirty six. (I forget what the Japanese version had it as but I'm assuming mistranslation) - it still says I got 4/5 right though so maybe all answers were wrong and it wasn't a mistranslation? I don't know lol.

Haha, I was glad to have a roommate who was a physics major :y

Finished chapter 1 part 1 after messing around in town A LOT ...

since i'm worried about missing any substory..

This game's so SATISFYING

You should all have seen THE SMILE ON MY FACE as i was throwing those dude in the river after they've picked a fight with me.

10/10

i'm playing Easy for the story as usual.

Normal for me.

i guess maybe everyone's playing at different difficulty settings.

i'm in for the story too:) i put it on "hard" as find myself rushing through for the next cutscenes and not paying attention to anything else. (the story is so awesome!) lol

putting on hard forces me to at least take a bit of time to think about fighting and leveling up/ upgrading weapons/armor.

You should all have seen THE SMILE ON MY FACE as i was throwing those dude in the river after they've picked a fight with me.

10/10
Seriously, I thought I'd just smash them on the rail but nope. Into the deep they went!

Substories showing up on the map now also means I don't have to play with a guide if I don't want to miss out on 90% of the game, lol.

I think it's 31 total? It might keep respawning the same ones after you complete them all, of course. You can check how many you've done under sidestories.
Thanks! Some of them have interesting twists so definitely not infinite at first. Not sure if they will be repeatable, probably treated like subquests so I doubt it.

If I remember all of the Yakuza games require you to beat them on normal for a trophy not covered by hard and above so I start out on normal.

i know i shouldn't expect it because of licensing

but i can't help but be disappointed if none of the unlockable CDs for your taxi are all i want

Trace

Banned
Got my DS3, taxi missions work properly now huzzah.

Now that it works properly, how do I get new music and stuff for the taxi? Just leveling up or do I buy them somewhere?

Got my DS3, taxi missions work properly now huzzah.

Now that it works properly, how do I get new music and stuff for the taxi? Just leveling up or do I buy them somewhere?
Buy them via the online M store on your phone. You have to complete the second race mission first though.

Stuart444

You can also get a piece of new music from one of the guys in the taxi place. Talk to one of them and they give you it.

Yawnier

Banned
Got up to Chapter 1 Part
tonight. This game is hard to put down lol.

(Main Story Spoilers)
Poor Kiryu can't catch a break, always getting dragged into these messes. If Aoyama isn't the real traitor in the tojo clan then who the hell is?!?!?!

Also, I can definitely see Watase being a shit disturber and a pain to deal with later on in the game.

I also like that him leaving the orphanage on okinawa behind was touched on in the story, because that was somewhat ignored in Yakuza 4

Should I keep sending the kids money? Is there a certain amount I should hit?

Is this a story mission? I've already won a couple of races and I can't order Taxi parts from the M Store.
Side mission from the taxi company, just go the office building and do the races. If you've done those already then you haven't talked to the new npc who
joins the company after the second race

ramuh

10/10

Ugh. Im so jealous. Going to have to waiit on a hopefully ps4 port or something. :/

Trace

Banned
Ugh. Im so jealous. Going to have to waiit on a hopefully ps4 port or something. :/

It took 3 years to get a localization, don't get your hopes up on a PS4 port of game that sold all its copies years ago in Japan. We're lucky to get the PS4 port of Zero so soon after it released as it is.

Kensuke

Should I keep sending the kids money? Is there a certain amount I should hit?

Side mission from the taxi company, just go the office building and do the races. If you've done those already then you haven't talked to the new npc who
joins the company after the second race

Thanks.

Apparently the orphanage money is only for a trophy? You have to send 5 million:
While playing as Kiryu or Haruka, you are able to send money to Asagao via ATM machines in convenience stores (M Store). Since you get nothing but a trophy for doing that, I would recommend that you save beforehand, get the trophy then reload.

raven777

Is anyone getting weird framerate hitches when initiating certain heat commands?

Not sure if it's framerate hitches but some of the heat commands transition feels weird compared to 4... like there is an awkward pause before the actual execution.

hamchan

Daigo Dojima must be the worst chairman. This is like the third game in a row where he's sucked in the role. Of course I'm still at the start of the game so that could change.

Yawnier

Banned
Daigo Dojima must be the worst chairman. This is like the third game in a row where he's sucked in the role. Of course I'm still at the start of the game so that could change.

You're not wrong

He's either in a hospital bed, or missing and no one knows where he is. Like Waldo.

Kensuke

Wait, shouldn't it recognize save files from the other Yakuza games? I haven't gotten anything. Do you need to do something?

You have to do a few races against the Devil Killers first. Anyway this taxi mission where you gotta follow the white car is some bullshit. Keep getting stopped by pedestrians while it gets away.

Fuck that mission. I just decided to fail it after five or six tries. I hope that doesn't ruin some completion percentage or anything.

Arex

Ah, I can already guess what the issue is. I downloaded the US version of Y5, so it won't recognize my European save files of past games. Damn. What do you get exactly?

Yeah, it only recognized my US yakuza 3 save, not my Asian Yakuza 4 :(

Tizoc

OK if the price of the UK ver. doesn't change I'll just get it before leaving work and start the download at home.
Been waiting nearly a day to find out why the GBP 3 increase was for @_@

Edzi

Okay, clearly I'm missing something. Been a while since I played yakuza 3 or 4, but I seem to have forgotten something important when it comes to combat because I keep dying to those goons you fight in the beginning of the game when you're in the hostess bar. They just block and counter and wail on me while i'm stunlocked. What am I missing?

Six hours later my download is at 99%. I wish SEGA would've given some heads up so I could have my PS3 plugged in and downloading while I was at work.

Top Bottom