• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

SephLuis

that's really odd. any reason why? hopefully US allows it.

I guess they wanted to avoid the story ending up on youtube.
It didn't stopped people from posting videos, but you needed an external capture card for that =(

Ishin and Zero had the same share restriction. I wonder if they will remove it for the west. It could make wonders when promoting the game.

raven777

any tips on beating
Spangled Meteor on the race? She is just too damn fast for me even if I use all those triangle commands and booster.

edit: nvm I finally beat it!

DryvBy

Nagoshi is one of the most underrated directors in video games. he does drama and humor so damn well. Kojima gets all the love.

the inability to PS4Share sucks. kept thinking I was playing PS4, lol

I have Ishin and I played the demo for 0. The way they stream is really off-putting if you're trying to stream any story. Everything is blocked.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
any tips on beating
Spangled Meteor on the race? She is just too damn fast for me even if I use all those triangle commands and booster.

edit: nvm I finally beat it!
as a tip drifting gives you a boost like in sonic transformed

Kain

dat finisher when Kazuma drags the guy's face over the ground hhhnnnnggggg

These games are so damwn satisfying

LiK

I have Ishin and I played the demo for 0. The way they stream is really off-putting if you're trying to stream any story. Everything is blocked.

can you take screenshots? I mainly want that for any funny lines or weird situations.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
any passionate yakuza fans/photoshop wizards want to whip up a Yakuza 5 cover to spruce up game shelves across america?

SephLuis

can you take screenshots? I mainly want that for any funny lines or weird situations.

Nope. Only in free roam mode.

You can use free roam to share pics of minigames, city, combat, etc. I am not sure if this also includes side quests.

LiK

Nope. Only in free roam mode.

You can use free roam to share pics of minigames, city, combat, etc. I am not sure if this also includes side quests.

what a bummer. no wonder you don't see much LP or guide videos for the imports online.

DryvBy

Yeah, screenshots work. They have a ©SEGA watermark on each one, but you can take them.

edit: Pretty sure I took some because I have some from Ishin that were from movies.

edit 2: Wait, I might be way off. I think it is only free roam or side missions. The cinematic I'm thinking off was a side mission when you first arrive.

Kazuma is late for work, and yet has time to go sea fishing, help a girl with her problems, and help some kid out with his test answers before going into work.

I think this game is telling me that I can just skip work today and play more.

Xieldos

Finally got downloading this today and just realised how slow the PS3 is :-(

So excited to finally play Yakuza 5 though :D

Kazuma is late for work, and yet has time to go sea fishing, help a girl with her problems, and help some kid out with his test answers before going into work.

I think this game is telling me that I can just skip work today and play more.

That's the true yakuza way. Ignore your responsibilities for sidequests and minigames. Someone needs to see Akiyama immediately? Better spend 5 hours training hostesses.

Moze

Banned
Do side missions appear as a question mark on the map like in dead souls? I am only 90 minutes in and the game hasn't really opened up yet.

Stuart444

Do side missions appear as a question mark on the map like in dead souls? I am only 90 minutes in and the game hasn't really opened up yet.

Yes they do. There is also the "Another Drama" aspect that doesn't appear on the map. Ie for Kiryu, you just have to talk to the Taxi receptionist who allows you to do taxi missions and the main story aspect of his "Another Drama" which is the races.

Aerocrane

I just beat (racing missions spoiler)
Furumichi.
That was incredibly annoying. I felt like I won with pure luck as he crashed into the roadworks and civilians at the top straight of the advanced course on the first two laps.

Go_Ly_Dow

I HAVE JUST DELETED EVERY FUCKING FILE ON MY PS3 SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS DAMN GAME AND IT STILL SAYS INSUFFICENT SPACE FOR FUCK SAKE.

I have 44GB free and the game only required 22GB of space. What is going on.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

I HAVE JUST DELETED EVERY FUCKING FILE ON MY PS3 SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS DAMN GAME AND IT STILL SAYS INSUFFICENT SPACE FOR FUCK SAKE.

I have 44GB free and the game only required 22GB of space. What is going on.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

It needs double that for the installer. Delete one more thing and you should be good!

Those Parry's and Counters are so hard to pull off...

This game is so god damn amazing. I can't believe I'm having so much fun looking for garbage to pick up lolol.

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who has only advanced the story a few chapters and have only chose the taxi and side missions.

I feel pretty awesome considering I'm level 16 and I'm only in Part 1 chapter 4. These taxi and side missions are so much fun!

That's the true yakuza way. Ignore your responsibilities for sidequests and minigames. Someone needs to see Akiyama immediately? Better spend 5 hours training hostesses.

Yup. It's all about doing all the side content in these games. I love it when there's some urgent business but I can still run off and dick around for hours.

Halfway throw Chapter 1 Part 3 now, I've forgotten just how damn thorough the completion list is for this game - Darts and Pool are both going to be a pain, having to complete all these different mini games on the different difficulties.

My only minor complaint with the game is the frame rate - does anyone else find fights, and sometimes exploration feel rough at times? Not unplayable by any means (I'm still landing my Komaki Parry's with no issues), but it doesn't feel like the frame rate is a solid 30 FPS either and its slightly distracting at times.

I think this is just me being used to Ishin and 0 being 60FPS on the PS4, so damn smooth!

DasFool

Hit level 20 as Kiryu but don't have enough SP to max out his other stats. Anyone know if I'll get more later or is this it?

Hit level 20 as Kiryu but don't have enough SP to max out his other stats. Anyone know if I'll get more later or is this it?

Yep, to do so you'll need to (later game spoilers)

Head to Grandpa Komaki's dojo in Kamuracho after clearing all of Grandson Komaki's training. You'll have a wonderfully bastard hard fight against BOTH Koamki's at once and after you beat them your level cap is raised, so you can get more soul points to upgrade your character.

Question: Does anyone know where to get new music for the taxi missions? I've looked what I feel is everywhere for new songs and cannot seem to find them.

There is a way to raise the level cap to 25, as Shadowman posted earlier. But even that won't give you enough SP to max out everything - in order to do that, you need to use the IF8 machine in Kamurocho to get the last bit of SP.

Apologies if it's been asked before, but does anyone know what the game's trying to tell me when you hear a sort of high-pitched water drop noise and the map flashes? It seems to happen occasionally when moving around but I'm not sure why!

Kain

Oh man, I just read the first episode of Fairy Tail in a shop and I just rememberd how similar it was to OP at the beginning (the drawing style). I would have believed it was drawed by Oda himself xD

MYeager

Apologies if it's been asked before, but does anyone know what the game's trying to tell me when you hear a sort of high-pitched water drop noise and the map flashes? It seems to happen occasionally when moving around but I'm not sure why!

It's letting you know you're near an objective marker.

mothball

the taxi missions have finally scratched an itch that goes back to gta3 involving using my turn signals while driving

Stuart444

CVzjLpAWwAANFue.jpg:orig

All Taxi Missions done. :D probably won't max out my driver level though because all I have left to grind on is free races. :/

Also I'm almost finished Part 1, Chapter 2. And I'm just doing all the side stuff before moving on lol.

edit: Huh, when you complete a side story, you get a message on your cell phone.

ar4757

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who has only advanced the story a few chapters and have only chose the taxi and side missions.

I feel pretty awesome considering I'm level 16 and I'm only in Part 1 chapter 4. These taxi and side missions are so much fun!

I believe I'm part 1 chapter 3 and all I've finished the races and have done around 20 taxi missions

I feel like Kiryu is hilarious in this game, some of his dialogue is so sarcastic!

WaterAstro

if you don't ever plan on playing the originals which establish the foundation for the series, make sure to read a full synopsis or watch a full LP before playing the sequels. you can also watch recap movies in Y3 and Y4 but they skip out on a lot of stuff and just show some main events. watch them anyway.

but I recommend playing them from the start in order to full enjoy the overarching stories and character development of everyone across the series.

Yeah for 2 and 3, it's not going to be possible since they are disc only.

Squishy3

I get sad whenever Madarame is on screen because it's one of Kenji Utsumi's last roles. (Coach Kamogawa in Ippo, Armstrong from FMA) :(

Damn I haven't used my Ps3 in ages but had to boot it up to download. Took all night almost to download and the store is soooo slow! I have no idea how people use the psn on ps3.

I keep getting an error trying to download this game.
The error is 80710103 and looking on google they sugest resseting the modem. Ths weird things is i tried downloading another game (singstar) and worked fine. Does anybody has the same problem?

Quoting me again, because still can´t download the game.

Top Bottom