• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

aravuus

Are taxi missions repeatable? Just wondering if I can just keep doing the topmost taxi mission every time I talk to the secretary and eventually end up doing them all without repeating any.

Also, I don't really know how this happened, but I've been driving the taxi for the last 45 minutes. Kinda loving it.

Fuck those pedestrians, tho.

Yo Saejima's chapter got real good real quick.
Them 25 years of training and muscle building, I said goddamn.

Also Saejima cheering in the karaoke killed me.
http://zippy.gfycat.com/RequiredGeneralHectorsdolphin.webm

Lmao that's great

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
WHY ...

yakuza5_4x3jro.png

grimmiq

I'm pretty much just doing story missions at the moment, I know there are going to be a lot of crazy bullshit and stupid twists and as much as I want to do 10 hours of Taxi driving and lots of Hunting..I need to get through this story first.

Is it possible to go back before the final mission or in some sort of post-game to do all the side content?

Just finished part 2, I'm kinda clueless on how Part 3 is going to fold into the main story and mystery right now.

I really do love how I recognize actors in these games, the Crows Zero ones in particular (Plus Hiroki from Season 1 of Gokusen).

aravuus

I'm pretty much just doing story missions at the moment, I know there are going to be a lot of crazy bullshit and stupid twists and as much as I want to do 10 hours of Taxi driving and lots of Hunting..I need to get through this story first.

Is it possible to go back before the final mission or in some sort of post-game to do all the side content?

Just finished part 2, I'm kinda clueless on how Part 3 is going to fold into the main story and mystery right now.

I really do love how I recognize actors in these games, the Crows Zero ones in particular (Plus Hiroki from Season 1 of Gokusen).

Isn't there an adventure mode post-game where you can do pretty much any and all of the side content you missed? AFAIK

Hasney

Is it only the taxi missions that have problems with the DS4? Now I'm on chapter 2, I might switch controller since I like the DS4 much more.

Are taxi missions repeatable? Just wondering if I can just keep doing the topmost taxi mission every time I talk to the secretary and eventually end up doing them all without repeating any.

Also, I don't really know how this happened, but I've been driving the taxi for the last 45 minutes. Kinda loving it.

Fuck those pedestrians, tho.

They don't repeat, no.

Damn, was looking up a scene I had already played through on youtube because I wanted to watch it again, and there were spoilers in the related videos. Oh well, I guess that's the risk of looking up things for a game that's 3+ years old.

damn this game has so many amazing quotes :

" don't worry I got your back : if you get killed, I'll pay for your funerals "

" I was going to talk to xxx but after what you told me, I'm just going to hurt him "

I can't find a working DS3 anymore can I just play with DS4 just fine, I don't remember when I played the japanese version I think I used a DS3...

grimmiq

Oh god, the part 3 rhythm sections..I did great while in practice, but doing while the background is constantly moving and flashing with white/pink lights kept throwing me off. Still won fairly easily on Normal.

I can't find a working DS3 anymore can I just play with DS4 just fine, I don't remember when I played the japanese version I think I used a DS3...

I think some people mentioned the DS4 acts up during Taxi segments.

Ok so I completed Kiryu's another drama, but I haven't reached top taxi level yet. So I went to do some more races and I saw
you can now challenge the policeman. Is winning that race mandatory to reach 100% or can I just skip it and just drive around until I reach level 25?

Oh god, the part 3 rhythm sections..I did great while in practice, but doing while the background is constantly moving and flashing with white/pink lights kept throwing me off. Still won fairly easily on Normal.

I'm really looking forward to those. Rhythm games are in my blood, distracting backgrounds or no.

I think some people mentioned the DS4 acts up during Taxi segments.

fuck I guess DS4 will have to do as long as it works fine on most segments

Chapter 3 was actually boss. Idol stuff was compeling for some reason I wasn't AT ALL looking forward to play it but it was okay and the Akiyama part was just, well, Akiyama so amazballs

Aerocrane

Ok so I completed Kiryu's another drama, but I haven't reached top taxi level yet. So I went to do some more races and I saw
you can now challenge the policeman. Is winning that race mandatory to reach 100% or can I just skip it and just drive around until I reach level 25?

You can redo the earlier races again to reach level 25.
The bonus race vs Furumichi is incredibly difficult. I don't think it counts toward the side story completion.

Is it true that you have to finish all of her side content before moving on unlike other characters?
Short and simple answer: No.
I'm on the Finale because I skipped over side content and you do get a chance to finish everything. Haruka only gets one chance once the finale hits though. If I wasn't so drawn in the story I would have finished her side stories from the beginning.

The bonus race vs Furumichi is incredibly difficult. I don't think it counts toward the side story completion.

It may seem intimidating on the first lap, but he screws up same as the rest of the racers. Keep calm, and don't slam into the hazards, and you should have a pretty huge lead by the end.

Ok, seriously, when the hell does Akiyama do his gourmet stuff? His later training is nearly impossible without the extra life.
Seriously, FUCK the True Suicidal running and shooting ones.

Aerocrane

It may seem intimidating on the first lap, but he screws up same as the rest of the racers. Keep calm, and don't slam into the hazards, and you should have a pretty huge lead by the end.

It seems to vary a whole lot. For my first three tries he seemed to drive perfectly, but when I beat him on my fourth try he crashed to other cars and roadworks in the top straight on the first two laps.

Kaizer

Banned
Holy shit I just did the first taxi mission and I died laughing at the "Initial D" racing segment. Goddamn I love these games for how absurd they get and how fun the actual gameplay is!

And the taxi driving is actually fun! For all my years spent in GTA-style games jacking pedestrians vehicles and driving like a madman, having to drive like a normal human being in a video game is an actual welcome & nice change of pace.

Beat him last night. Felt great to get him. I wonder if anyone was able to win by a lot because my race was ridiculously close. I was using the second chasis so I'm not sure if the 3rd one would have been better to combat his crazy speed

Thanks, I just beat him!

I think the best strategy to do it is simply to repeat earlier races in order to reach the maximum level. Then, by using the C chassis (the one which gives shitty control but top speed) and 2nd level turbo, I was able to beat him fairly easily. It's important to keep the heat actions for the last lap

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Thanks, I just beat him!

I think the best strategy to do it is simply to repeat earlier races in order to reach the maximum level. Then, by using the C chassis (the one which gives shitty control but top speed) and 2nd level turbo, I was able to beat him fairly easily. It's important to keep the heat actions for the last lap
C chassis makes every race a hilarious joke

btw, no trophy for finishing all the taxi driving / taxi race missions? is there one for doing the free driving?

C chassis makes every race a hilarious joke

btw, no trophy for finishing all the taxi driving / taxi race missions? is there one for doing the free driving?

I guess I was putting myself through unnecessary stress. Spent a while until I could finally beat him with B chassis. This game, though. I probably spent waaaay too much time picking up garbage and beating all the dart missions at BEE last night. Real life is definitely getting in the way.

Aerocrane

Beat him last night. Felt great to get him. I wonder if anyone was able to win by a lot because my race was ridiculously close. I was using the second chasis so I'm not sure if the 3rd one would have been better to combat his crazy speed

I won by about 150 meters using Chassis B. I got lucky with him crashing badly on the first two laps.

Heartfyre

Just finished Yakuza 4 and immediately bought and began downloading Yakuza 5. I'm invested in this series now.

It hardly needs saying, but Yakuza 4's finale is superb. That's how you do an ending. I can only imagine the pain all the long-time fans had to go through waiting for this game. I understand the jubilation at PSX 2014 now.

Just finished Yakuza 5. Wow, it was such a great game. Now it's time to go back and try to complete everything. I racked in 54 hours and only 14% completion after finishing the game.

Only complaint I had of the game:
Not enough Majima.

Mghh, kinda want to just get Saejima's chapter over with quickly. I'm sure I'd be cool hanging out in jail (again) longer if Akiyama and Haruka weren't just around the corner.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just finished Yakuza 5. Wow, it was such a great game. Now it's time to go back and try to complete everything. I racked in 54 hours and only 14% completion after finishing the game.

Only complaint I had of the game:
Not enough Majima.

Heh, I'm 30 hours in, 15% completion, and only just started Haruka's chapter.

Also I'm lucky your spoiler wasn't even a spoiler. Didn't think about the fact that you can see spoilers when you quote. :lol

EDIT: Also, anyone else notice the very slight pink tint to all of Haruka's text when she talks?

I won by about 150 meters using Chassis B. I got lucky with him crashing badly on the first two laps.

Nice!!! I only ever saw him crash a few times, unless I forced him into the roadblocks. I had to really perfect my drifts to get that little boost and I kept having terrible luck in the last big bend. Everytime I was doing well there would be three box trucks clogging the lanes making it almost impossible to take that corner well. Doesn't matter, I had a ton of fun doing all the taxi stuff. I love this series and I wish more people in the West did too.

I was trying to explain these games to my friends and some of them seem interested now. That nostril hair pic, a few posts back, pretty much sums these games up but more importantly, they have so much heart and soul. I genuinely feel good helping all the citizens out. Yakuza is also so alive and not in the same overly satirical and cynical way that other games like GTA can be. It's refreshing to play these games and experience the Feel Good moments like taking care of orphans along witht the Feel Great moments like teaching today's youth a lesson by smashing their heads in with a traffic cone because they have no respectfor their elders.

Squishy3

Mghh, kinda want to just get Saejima's chapter over with quickly. I'm sure I'd be cool hanging out in jail (again) longer if Akiyama and Haruka weren't just around the corner.
It's not long after you get out of jail. You do like two or three hunting sections and can then just go to a proper town.

Top Bottom