• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Dio

Banned
Yakuza 5 is the first game to make me feel what it must be like to be an idol being creeped on. Jesus christ, this interview with this magazine.

This section is awesome, but damn.

Hasney

Fuck fuck fuck, got it down to 200 balls then got 888 again and had 1,500 balls. I have no idea what I'n doing with Pakachino.

Still loving this game, nearly 50 hours in, though some of those were with the game sitting on idle for a bit. Anyhow, Haruka's stuff is great, just opened up her substories and
oh my god, the Okinawan magazine interview just got me in all of the feels. Especially because you knew the kids so well from the time in Yakuza 3, the answers just felt natural. But man the letter from Dragon Mask Kid, emotional manipulation at its finest, but my god did it work. Again, all the feels.

Makes you think of better days:
Y3_dinner_1605787c.jpg

Mr Rivuz

I'm seeing a lot of incredibly pixellated textures going around nagasugai, some smaller signs are just a random mass of colored dots. Now i'm playing Yakuza 4 and i can't find anything like that. It's maybe a bit blurrier due to lower res but every sign around the town is understandable.
Is it normal? Or i might have downloaded some corrupted files?

I'm seeing a lot of incredibly pixellated textures going around nagasugai, some smaller signs are just a random mass of colored dots. Now i'm playing Yakuza 4 and i can't find anything like that. It's maybe a bit blurrier due to lower res but every sign around the town is understandable.
Is it normal? Or i might have downloaded some corrupted files?

That's normal for the game. The physical Japanese release has the same issues. I put it down to the game having 5 cities, so less attention was put toward some textures.

Mr Rivuz

That's normal for the game. The physical Japanese release has the same issues. I put it down to the game having 5 cities, so less attention was put toward some textures.
Ok, thanks for the info. I was thinking about downloading it again, you have saved me another looong wait.

Stuart444

The hunting stuff in Saejima's chapter is the worst part of the game to me. :/ I'll probably save all the optional hunting stuff until after the main story is completed.

The hunting stuff in Saejima's chapter is the worst part of the game to me. :/ I'll probably save all the optional hunting stuff until after the main story is completed.
It kind of drags the pace to a halt but I like the idea of hiding away in a small little mountain town and just helping the people out before getting back to horrible Yakuza matters.

aravuus

Does the difficulty setting only apply to fighting, or does it make all/some of the minigames, QTEs etc harder/easier too?

So I guess nobody knows? Just wondering since while I enjoy a challenging battle, I'm not really into hard minigames. I don't want to end up repeating a ton of chasing/racing/slicing/dicing etc minigames

Moze

Banned
Time restricts me to either one or the other. And I might as well go after the most recent one right? At least that's the logic that I have. Maybe I can burn through 4 on normal mode and skip out on All the side stuff and do main missions? I'm sure I could burn through the game that way right. Then jump to Yakuza 5 proper?

You can just pick up Yakuza 5 and understand it for the most part tbh. You will understand the characters a bit more if you play Yakuza 4 first, but the story in Yakuza 5 (from what i have played) is pretty much self explanatory.

Play whatever one you want.

So I guess nobody knows? Just wondering since while I enjoy a challenging battle, I'm not really into hard minigames. I don't want to end up repeating a ton of chasing/racing/slicing/dicing etc minigames

I'm playing on hard and I haven't noticed any difficulty with any of the minigames. I think it only has an effect on battles (and honestly, most battles are still easy on hard).

I'm playing on hard and I haven't noticed any difficulty with any of the minigames. I think it only has an effect on battles (and honestly, most battles are still easy on hard).

I've only ever seen battles getting harder/easier when changing difficulty as well. The AI in Darts for example seems no differenet on Hard mode compared to my normal playthrough a while back.

Hasney

I almost failed a karaoke date. I was laughing too hard at Kiryu showing exits like an air hostess and his singing when triangle came up during RING.

Arex

Can I go back to the mountain area once
I go to city with Baba? I want to see the Tsukimino area already! Wanna compare with my photos from my last trip to Sapporo lol

Tizoc

Finished Kiryu's scenario in 10 hours time, did a few arcade stuff and did most of the races and sub stories.

Finished Kiryu's scenario in 10 hours time, did a few arcade stuff and did most of the races and sub stories.

I'm 12+ hours into it and just started the final chapter of Kiryu's part. Not sure whether I completely finish all races etc. for his Another Drama before progressing the story further.

Chapter 3 in Kiryu's story is a real moment of shit getting real.

Aoyama is a real bastard. I want to see that guy get taken down so bad. Everything is starting to come into focus now.

I've been loving the game so far. I still cannot believe we got this and zero as well.

Quick question: the corner map flashes from time to time. What does that mean?

Yawnier

Banned
I'm addicted to this hunting minigame

Question about it:
Anyone know how many hunting missions there are? I'm on the one right now where I have to find the hurt Narumi on the mountain

I'm addicted to this hunting minigame

Question about it:
Anyone know how many hunting missions there are? I'm on the one right now where I have to find the hurt Narumi on the mountain

look into side quests (not substories) you see how many side mission for each there are

After watching the (long) cutscene at the start of Part 1, Chapter 4, I have to say that
anyone talking shit about Daigo or saying he's useless clearly has no clue what they're going on about. The dude is extremely sharp, and a good chairman for the clan. He navigate that minefield like a champ.

aravuus

Alright, finally started it! Obviously went with a 12k yen bracelet as my gift to the other taxi firm cause I'm humble and just want to please others. And beat them up, obviously.

So, any starting tips? Also, how missable are the side quests in this game? Are there super strict time limits, and do I have to hunt for them by talking to everyone I come across or are they usually marked on the map?

Alright, finally started it! Obviously went with a 12k yen bracelet as my gift to the other taxi firm cause I'm humble and just want to please others. And beat them up, obviously.

So, any starting tips? Also, how missable are the side quests in this game? Are there super strict time limits, and do I have to hunt for them by talking to everyone I come across or are they usually marked on the map?

Side quests are marked on the map with a question mark sign, so you can't miss them if you're opening the menu up and looking at the map (I don't believe they show up on the mini map). I haven't run into anything that seems like it has a time limit yet.

Dio

Banned
Side quests are marked on the map with a question mark sign, so you can't miss them if you're opening the menu up and looking at the map (I don't believe they show up on the mini map). I haven't run into anything that seems like it has a time limit yet.

Also, if you finish a quest and check your menu to look at your sidequest completion "Resolved" means you finished it properly, and "Done" means you finished the sidequest but failed at some aspect of it.

brawly

It's no wonder Kiryu gets into trouble with his job when he neglects it and goes eating with costumers every chance he gets.

Taxi driving is pretty dope though, switched completely to the DS3 for now.

Big Chungus

Can someone type out the bio of each of the characters in the original post please?

My eyes are kinda bad and the font type doesn't help.

Where is the drug store, Yakuza 4? if it's the Emoto medical clinic than for some reason i can't enter it. Was going to buy stamina drink of what ever their called for the final mission so help would be appreciated.

I know it's the Y5 thread but sins this one is actually active i posted it in here. And a question about 5, are the street brawls as annoying in 5 as their in 4?

Squishy3

Where is the drug store, Yakuza 4? if it's the Emoto medical clinic than for some reason i can't enter it. Was going to buy stamina drink of what ever their called for the final mission so help would be appreciated.

I know it's the Y5 thread but sins this one is actually active i posted it in here. And a question about 5, are the street brawls as annoying in 5 as their in 4?
You can avoid them by walking and the thugs that attack you have icons above their head.

You can avoid them by walking and the thugs that attack you have icons above their head.

I know about running away from them yet i still find it pretty annoying but that isn't the important part. The important part is the drug store and where to buy the high end health stuff.

Its sort of located in the centre of the map. Its a tad west of the millennium tower (the huge building where you should be heading to in the final chapter).

On your map, you should have a small square just west of the millennium tower and one of the Matsuya restaurants that has two shops listed. One is the drug store, the other is a convenience store.

Hope that makes sense! I'm mapping the game out in my mind, so may be slightly incorrect in the exact placement.

5taquitos

Its sort of located in the centre of the map. Its a tad west of the millennium tower (the huge building where you should be heading to in the final chapter).

On your map, you should have a small square just west of the millennium tower and one of the Matsuya restaurants that has two shops listed. One is the drug store, the other is a convenience store.

Hope that makes sense! I'm mapping the game out in my mind, so may be slightly incorrect in the exact placement.

Kotobuki Drugs is actually to the Southeast of Millenium Tower on Pink St., on the corner across from Asia.

Squishy3

I know about running away from them yet i still find it pretty annoying but that isn't the important part. The important part is the drug store and where to buy the high end health stuff.
No I'm talking about Y5 for the walking, you can press R1 to walk and the thugs will still yell at you but won't fight you unless you walk into them.

It's been too long since I played Y4, does it let you press triangle to view all the stores and stuff when on the map?

Sorry for derailing this thread but I'm an idiot, how didn't i notice the Kotobuki drugs and thought that the clinic was the store. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Top Bottom