• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

I won by about 150 meters using Chassis B. I got lucky with him crashing badly on the first two laps.
Trust me, it is MUCH easier using C chassis, B turbo (I can't remember its name, it's the one which loads faster than the others and lasts longer, at expense of maximum speed) and, of course, taxi level 25. I succeded the first time I tried with this settings

Mr Rivuz

Just finished all the races, now i've
unlocked furumichi in free races but i can't beat him! In the last lap he just goes away and i just can't reach him.
I'm taxi level 21 right now.
Can i leave that for later and move on with the main story, or if i finish chapter 1 with Kazuma i'll miss that for ever?

Just finished all the races, now i've
unlocked furumichi in free races but i can't beat him! In the last lap he just goes away and i just can't reach him.
I'm taxi level 21 right now.
Can i leave that for later and move on with the main story, or if i finish chapter 1 with Kazuma i'll miss that for ever?
I think you can do that later. BTW C chassis, B turbo, taxi level 25, all upgrades and save heat actions for the last lap: give it a try ;)

Mr Rivuz

I think you can do that later. BTW C chassis, B turbo, taxi level 25, all upgrades and save heat actions for the last lap: give it a try ;)
Thanks, i'll try. I'm a bit worried about the low handling and accelleration of C chassis, but i guess that extra speed is needed to win that race ^^

Thanks, i'll try. I'm a bit worried about the low handling and accelleration of C chassis, but i guess that extra speed is needed to win that race ^^
I was as well. But, like you just said, the increase in speed more than makes up for the degraded controls... You won't see him escaping far ahead anymore ;). Just to be on the safe side though, bring your taxi level to the maximum too

matmanx1

I have no idea when I will get around to actually playing Y5 but in support of Sega and this franchise I bought a couple of PSN cards and bought Y5 yesterday. It will probably be sometime in 2016 that I actually get to enjoy the game (I still need to finish #4) but this is one of those cases where I will absolutely vote with my wallet to help make sure we continue getting Yakuza games on this side of the Pacific.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
30 hours in and as Saejima I haven't even
Gone to town yet, just doing all the hunting stuff
Loving it, just a joy to play.

Tizoc

Well Saejima's part is over rather quicker than Kiryu's but that's mainly because I'm not doing the hunting missions atm :p
Granted they're slow but that's merely to evoke the Mounting Hunting atmosphere, it's not your everyday shoot bang theme.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well Saejima's part is over rather quicker than Kiryu's but that's mainly because I'm not doing the hunting missions atm :p
Granted they're slow but that's merely to evoke the Mounting Hunting atmosphere, it's not your everyday shoot bang theme.

I'm just taking my time and doing what I can on my first playthrough :)

I'll admit, I don't really tend to platinum the games or do every little thing so I'm happy just enjoying most of it as I go along.

Of course I'm currently going mad as for the Saejima hunting stuff
I only have one jizu statue left to find and can I find the bastard ? Can I fuck.

Johndoey

Banned
Quick question for series fans I somehow loss my Yakuza 4 disc before I got around to really putting time in the game, should I play that first or jump into this game? For whatever it's worth I am a huge fan of the first game and somewhat familiar with the stories of the other games.

Kensuke

Spent almost 3 hours playing billiards. Finally beat the hardest difficulty in all modes and those damn single players puzzles.

Tizoc

A few of these Saejima sidequests have had me laughing out loud, love the sidequests in the Yakuza games.

I've done most of them so far and...well they were quite short compared to Kiryu's o_O
Santa Saejima was great though

Squishy3

How is the localization?
There's a few typos I've spotted but other than that it seems fine.

Some silly things like characters calling people by their first name in the subtitles when the voice actors are saying their last name, this is most apparent in Saejima's story, I don't think I've noticed it anywhere else.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've done most of them so far and...well they were quite short compared to Kiryu's o_O
Santa Saejima was great though

They are, it's just the way some of the dialogue is, for example

The one were you are helping the guy come up with an idea for the snow festival and you talk about rolling a big snowball whilst walking on it

The guy's like 'that's brilliant, i'll juggle on it too, the ideas are flowing!'

And Saejima goes 'flowing ? you just added juggling.....'

'Nevermind the details aren't important!'

Hey guys, i have a quick question regarding the 100% weapon completion, Haruka and the locker keys.

I wasn't sure if i'll ever be able to access the dynachair production building with anyone else than Haruka, so i looted the keys inside. In the lockers, i had an item called Ashwood. Do i need this item for a weapon ? Can i find it somewhere else ? Also got a spatula, is this needed for something as well ? Thanks !

Clive

The DualShock 4 triggers aren't pressure sensitive like the DS3's. I imagine you will get penalized for rapid accelerations and stops all the time if you use the DS4 during the taxi missions. Stupid of Sony to omit this feature and it will prevent certain games from being on PS Now too.

Just finished Chapter 1 after 13-14 hours and man, things are heating up. Awesome finale even if I was hoping for
a proper boss fight too.
Looking forward to picking up Chapter 2 immediately.

The DualShock 4 triggers aren't pressures sensitive like the DS3's. I imagine you will get penalized for rapid accelerations and stops all the time if you use the DS4 during the taxi missions. Stupid of Sony to omit this feature and it will prevent certain games from being on PS Now too.

Just finished Chapter 1 after 13-14 hours and man, things are heating up. Awesome finale even if I was hoping for
a proper boss fight too.
Looking forward to picking up Chapter 2 immediately.

yeah I keep getting that in taxi rides gotta grab a DS3 for cheap

Gacha-pin

Hey guys, i have a quick question regarding the 100% weapon completion, Haruka and the locker keys.

I wasn't sure if i'll ever be able to access the dynachair production building with anyone else than Haruka, so i looted the keys inside. In the lockers, i had an item called Ashwood. Do i need this item for a weapon ? Can i find it somewhere else ? Also got a spatula, is this needed for something as well ? Thanks !

according to the jp wiki

You can't share Haruka's items in the main game but you can in a premium adventure mode (new game mode you can access after beating a main mode). You have to pick up that key with Akiyama if you want to use it in the main game. But that item is a bonus item for trash pick up in Kiryu's chapter so it is not the item you can only find in the coin locker.

Peff

Damn, that Chapter 1 ending. Great stuff all around.
Kicking ass Burly Brawl style with the pole some guy drops was pretty badass even among all the crazy stuff in the QTEs and cutscenes..

Where is the tree you have to find for the hunting contract?

Near the upper middle of the map, there's a small rectangle that has one of its sides cut off and that's where you go. You gotta run up a smallish hill and it'll be to your left.

DS3 battery life is so amazing jesus Christ Sony.

The end of Part 2, Chapter 2 really shows Saejima being badass.

Kiryu punches tigers? Yeah, well Saejima punches bears.

I also like how they undid the "oh no, the bad guy was neutralized but he has a gun!" thing that was so prevalent in 3 and 4 by having Kugihara just get shot anyway, even after standing up with a gun.

Top Bottom