• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Is there any advice to beat the last song in Taiko No Tatsujin? I've tried several times but rhythm games are not exactly my thing :).
Yes I know it's gonna get very interesting in Haruka's chapters :(

Is there any advice to beat the last song in Taiko No Tatsujin? I've tried several times but rhythm games are not exactly my thing :).
Yes I know it's gonna get very interesting in Haruka's chapters :(

Dual wield! For fast notes, alternate between the face buttons and d-pad. Other than that, try to get used to the song and its tempo.

Okey doke, that's bizarre. I logged into Playstation.com and looked at my trophy list... it shows me as owning Ryu ga Gotoku 5 and my trophy list is in Japanese. *lol*

Haruka chapter

Noooooo. They killed Ms. Park!

On the other hand, yaaaay Akiyama! His office is still as shitty as ever. Also, Superchunk's back!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The hunting side missions make no fucking sense.

'You already punched out the biggest, baddest bear with no weapons while you were suffering frostbite and starvation but now you need to get a gun to fight him and smaller bears.' Then later in the game, 'WHATEVER YOU DO Don't run from bears just stand still' even later in the game 'run from the bears!'

So yeah, after spending 5 hours with the game, I haven't progressed in the story almost at all. However, I did help a noodle shop owner by selling noodles, carry a man's cart to his destination in his stead, drive people around town, beat up punks on the streets for pocket change, and go to hostess clubs.

Yakuza games are awesome. I'll continue the story soon.

End of Saejima's chapter
I knew there was something up with Baba-chan but for a while I thought he died in the mountains and Saejima was just hallucinating him. It wasn't until Kitakata acknowledged him being there that I figured he was probably a traitor. I like his skintight turtleneck, though.

Skipped a lot of Saejima's side stuff, but whatever. It's finally time to go idolling.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Regarding Baba:
I knew he was going to end up being a boss the first time we fought together and I noticed he had a REALLY fleshed out moveset for someone who's supposed to be just an ally NPC.

Has there ever been a bigger Yakuza game launch here on gaf? I feel like this is a pretty popular ot and we've been getting at least one yakuza related thread a day since launch. I really want this series to be appreciated and I feel like it's finally reaching an audience.

Jornax

Does anyone know what the "right" answers are for the 'The Scent of Danger' Taxi Mission? The one where
a yakuza member is holding a woman hostage in the back seat

I've noticed that when you get all the answers correct in a "scripted" Taxi Mission, you get a bonus of 1000 points, but it seems like every answer I tried in this one only gave me 800 bonus points, my OCD just can't let me go on like that.

Dio

Banned
what to give the guy in the shrine in the mountain

IIRC, you give him a Carrot, Carved Wooden Doll made out of the block of wood and chisel you buy from the merchant, rabbit, venison, Gold Plate, and Pinup Magazine.

DO IT IN THAT ORDER.

You buy the last two in town - either a dude will drop one in a fight or you buy one at a pawn shop, and the last one is from a convenience store.

IIRC, you give him a Carrot, Carved Wooden Doll made out of the block of wood and chisel you buy from the merchant, rabbit, venison, Gold Plate, and Pinup Magazine.

DO IT IN THAT ORDER.

You buy the last two in town - either a dude will drop one in a fight or you buy one at a pawn shop, and the last one is from a convenience store.

I guessed carrot and wooden doll right but how to grab a live rabbit they appear dead inside the cage thanks btw

Eriugam

Neo Member
Can anyone help me understand why no matter how easy I am with the accelerator I always keep getting penalised for sudden acceleration? And also why do I suddenly slow down during races? I don't ease off the accelerator yet my speed drops to 30kph.

Thank you in advance

Dio

Banned
Can anyone help me understand why no matter how easy I am with the accelerator I always keep getting penalised for sudden acceleration? And also why do I suddenly slow down during races? I don't ease off the accelerator yet my speed drops to 30kph.

Thank you in advance

PS3 or PS4 controller? I hear people using the PS4 controller have tons of problems with the game. I've never had accelerator issues on a PS3 controller.

Eriugam

Neo Member
PS3 or PS4 controller? I hear people using the PS4 controller have tons of problems with the game. I've never had accelerator issues on a PS3 controller.

Sorry I forgot to mention I am using a DS4. I haven't got a DS3, if you haven't had any issues with a DS3 I may pick up a cheap one soon then. Thank you for the assistance

Tizoc

Hasney

Sorry I forgot to mention I am using a DS4. I haven't got a DS3, if you haven't had any issues with a DS3 I may pick up a cheap one soon then. Thank you for the assistance

Yeah, it's fine with a DS3. Just doesn't read the analogue triggers of the DS4 right.

Dancing with a 16 year old girl in a game titled Yakuza should not be this fun!

At this rate, I don't think I'll ever move on from Haruka's part in this game. Just WTF is happening to me?!!!

Dio

Banned
With Haruka I should still get the keys but not open the lockers since she oesn't share items with the rest of the cast?

Also this whole Idol thing is creepy...

I don't think you should pick up the keys at all if you can help it. Just wait for Akiyama. The reason why is because Haruka doesn't go into the Kamiyama Works van, so you can't invest any of the items she picks up into the shop.

Also, it's very clear that the idol stuff is for the most part SUPPOSED to be creepy. Do you really think it'd make your player character shake hands with creepy weirdos sniffing their hands afterwards to make you feel good about it?

EDIT:

What are your favorite dance pieces, y'all? I really like this track.

Ryu ga Gotoku 5 - OST [Vol. 2] - 13 - Comin'at ya, My girl

Yeah I fucked up by having Haruka pick up like 25 locker keys and I have all these hot gambling and crafting items I can't use until a second playthrough now, lol.

Top Bottom