• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

my god, Shinada's trainer, Ayanokoji is hilarious. The quest are incredible and some quote are amazing (in front of the cloth shop) :
shinada : do you have money ?
Ayanokoji : more than you'll ever have

buuuuurn

just finished chapter 1 but im not liking the combat balance comped to yakuza 4. too many encounters that are hard to avoid and combat is easy as hell on normal.

JEKKI

my back!

12357537_1099435396768008_1940161225_n.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Love the banter between Saigo and Akiyama. By far my favorite in the game (only at chapter 3).

I think my favorite part in the game so far has been (spoilers for the end of Saigo's training):

*Saigo gets shot, Akiyama vows revenge*

"And cut!"

"That's right, I'm gonna cut loose on these guys! ...wait what?"

just finished chapter 1 but im not liking the combat balance comped to yakuza 4. too many encounters that are hard to avoid and combat is easy as hell on normal.

Yo combat was piss easy in 4, you should've started on hard. I think Japanese gamers are bad at action games so they've been pretty easy since 3.

Hasney

Snowball fights can fuck off. The expert battle royale just had them gang up on me. Just had to unload my inventory of second place wooden dolls.

wtf how many homeless were there in Hokkaido in 2012? had to google that lol

Just buy him a beer, he won't ask then.

Part 1 was a fantastic start, but I think Part 3 might just have it beat. Haruka's stuff is a really nice change of pace, even for a series (hell, even just this game itself) already full of changes in pace. I have more than a few of the dance themes stuck in my head.

Akiyama, though! I've missed him a lot. <333 It would've been cool if he had a part all to himself, but I guess this just makes Part 3 even better. I was kinda worried him arriving would mean the end of Haruka's side, but you get to switch between them. I think that's beautiful.

wtf how many homeless were there in Hokkaido in 2012? had to google that lol

There's a guy you can ask about that just a few steps away. The answer is
, for anyone curious.

Every time I play a Yakuza game I always have that moment of going "oh yeah, these games look like shit."

I've nearly finished chapter 1 now and it's starting to get real good. Can't believe it's been so long since I played 4.

Hasney

Man, I really enjoyed the end of Part 2 more than I expected, especially seeing part of what would happen a mile away. But it was just a really nice ending.

Awesome final battle song too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I really like Saejima and enjoyed his part in 4 the most of any character but his segment in this is SO bad and SO slow

Wait a sec, is it not possible to do side stuff before the end of the game? I haven't finished all the taxi missions >_>

Not sure. Yakuza 4 only had one city, so there was no need to backtrack once all the characters got together. I'm just doing this to make sure I can get all this stuff done before I finish my first playthrough.

Yawnier

Banned
Man, I really like Saejima and enjoyed his part in 4 the most of any character but his segment in this is SO bad and SO slow

The first few hours of his part is pretty brutal and slow, for the most part.

It opens up when you get to
Tsukimino/Sapporo
though.

Stuart444

Personally, the worst part of Saejima is
just after prison/just before Tsukimino. I am not a fan of the hunting stuff and the story just drags. The prison is ok to me and Tsukimino is fun but the stuff between is just urgh

JEKKI

my other favorite part is when the game tells me I picked up awesome garbage.

becoz what is garbage, if not awesome?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, you can do everything in the last chapter (besides Haruka, who doesn't join the other 4 characters).

And even after that, you should be able to do most everything in Premium Adventure, right?

I certainly hope so, since I didn't finish anywhere near all of Haruka's side stuff (there's just SO MUCH of it).

The conclusion of the hunting drama for Saejima was really good. There were so many twists there.
I liked how much they developed Okudera, as well as how much you got to know the rest of the villagers. The conclusion was pretty great on all fronts, with Saejima trusting them and everyone coming clean about their pasts.

When it comes to being an idol Miku got nothing on my girl Haruka.

Holy shit, her section is so different and refreshing from the rest of Yakuza series and I'm loving each and every second of it. I'm level 14 and am half way through her side idol contents already and I'm still on her first chapter!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Saejimas part and that was fantastic as well. I loved all the stuff in the
prison
and the hunting was a lot of fun as well, ended up doing everything I could (well in terms of substories etc). Definitely felt more leisurely paced but I enjoyed it a lot. Now onto Harukas section and I'm looking forward to that being different as well. Definitely up there as GOTY material for me.

Top Bottom