• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

It's so cool to be wandering the streets as Haruka after all this time.

And it's funny how even Haruka will displace massive grown men and knock them to the ground by running into them.

And exploring Sotenbori again after all this time is amazing. It's been so long since Yakuza 2, but it's all coming back to me.

that comedy duo seems like the true endgame. hardest sidequest so far.

also that "large woman", wtf. this game.

i need more rouge of love, i'm getting withdrawals.

Is there any huge benefit to going through all the hunting stuff, other than the feeling of completing it all?
Or can I at least return to it at a later point?

it's a separate storyline, like kiryu's taxi job. i'm still at chapter 3, but i doubt this stuff is perma missable. you could always do it in premium adventure mode.

243o1.jpg
Finally reached Shinada's part. Only played a little bit with him but I'm already warming up to him :)

Late game spoilers (kinda)

Whoever made the combat for the floating umbrella fucker should be fired or demoted to janitor. Shits stupid and takes way too long and is tedious.

AEHEHAGEGAGEGEG ROUGE OF LOVEEE

Edit: This segment makes me want to not buy Yakuza 0 due to how cheap and unfair it is. My goodness, it's as if someone who didn't understand the real difficulty of the Souls series just said, "hey, let's add all this OP stuff together and see what we get!"

Yes I am mad.

Late game spoilers (kinda)

Whoever made the combat for the floating umbrella fucker should be fired or demoted to janitor. Shits stupid and takes way too long and is tedious.

AEHEHAGEGAGEGEG ROUGE OF LOVEEE

Edit: This segment makes me want to not buy Yakuza 0 due to how cheap and unfair it is. My goodness, it's as if someone who didn't understand the real difficulty of the Souls series just said, "hey, let's add all this OP stuff together and see what we get!"

Yes I am mad.

Oh I see you are talking about the brothers thats supposed to be hard and cheap as shit its optional the brothers were always cheap sons of bitches

Talking about cheap, this fight against the Komakis is some bullshit. Good thing I brought a bunch of drugs. You have to do it with all the characters too.

Oh I see you are talking about the brothers thats supposed to be hard and cheap as shit its optional the brothers were always cheap sons of bitches

Yep. Playing on Easy mode so I didn't expect this Mt. Everest sized difficulty jump. Shinada's guy is annoying, but the final one is like Lu Bu on steroids. Don't recall anything this hard in Yakuza 4.

Also, is it really optional? Cause I already initiated the quest and for some reason, I can't advance the final quest even after taking to You and vice versa.

Edit: Only initiates during Night oops.
Gonna beat the game and get it over with. Will probably revisit the Assholes later.

Yep. Playing on Easy mode so I didn't expect this Mt. Everest sized difficulty jump. Shinada's guy is annoying, but the final one is like Lu Bu on steroids. Don't recall anything this hard in Yakuza 4.

Also, is it really optional? Cause I already initiated the quest and for some reason, I can't advance the final quest even after taking to You and vice versa.

Edit: Only initiates during Night oops

the the
amon
brothers were always like this since they were added silly ass challenge for the end game after you finish all subquests etc me I cheesed the umbrella one with guns no shame in that because fuck him, Chin up man don't write off Zero its a good ass game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BKwMs5uvk

the the
amon
brothers were always like this since they were added silly ass challenge for the end game after you finish all subquests etc me I cheesed the umbrella one with guns no shame in that because fuck him, Chin up man don't write off Zero its a good ass game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BKwMs5uvk

Haha, it's just illogical frustration. Gotta support the series so the remake and 6 come over as well.

Edit: The ending...

Aizawa
was a tight fight huh

Yeah I think they nailed the QTEs and gave you enough combat too. I enjoyed Act 5 and even though it was long, I never thought it was dragging on.

However, the ending leaves much to be desired compared to 4. Not a big fan of endings like 5.

Past

I just noticed that this thread has already surpassed the Yakuza 3 & 4 OTs in number of replies/pages. Pretty impressive for a game that's digital only and released on a dead console.

Aizawa
was a tight fight huh

I loved that fight,
no real challenge, especially as I had just taken down Amon, but man it just felt SO GOOD to pretty much be Kazuma, wounded and STILL schooling a young upstart that he ain't shit. It was an ass beating for the ages.

Again though on the very end.
Everything up until Haruka leaving the stage was aces though.

It still made more sense than 4 though.

took only 10 years, but you know, with a major brawl with 100s of yakuza every year getting on with each other ... they could keep the work going

Didn't construction start in Yakuza 3?

OTOH the buildings where Dragon Palace is will never be finished.

LAM09

Recently completed Yakuza 4 and really enjoyed it. Still undecided on whether to get 5 now or hold off for a bit. How does 5 compare to 4?

Recently completed Yakuza 4 and really enjoyed it. Still undecided on whether to get 5 now or hold off for a bit. How does 5 compare to 4?

I liked it more than 4, some like it a bit less. But generally speaking they are in the same ballpark.

Yakuza 5 is Yakuza 4, but bigger. There are 5 cities now, and 5 playable characters, 2 of which are new. It is a great friggen game, get it NOW!

stn

Chapter 4. Looking for men in red tracksuits. Where are they? Feel like I've looked everywhere! Thanks.

Tizoc

Sweet Jeebus these final parts of Shinada's chapters just DRAGGED with the dialog lol

Let it never be said the Yakuza games aren't series one can play for others to watch them.
My brother sat through the last 2 parts of Shinada's chapter and he was very took in by the game.
I expect Yakuza 0 to be the same.

but man they REALLY need to cut down on these cutscenes being long, just get straight to the point oof.

Vehicle controls D: I just did my first Devil Killers mission from the taxi office and got caned three times on the bounce. I think I've figured out I need to keep pressing R2 to keep speed up but... is that how it should be? I wonder if the presses aren't registering properly because I'm using a DS4...

Any tips on those races would be welcome. (I know I can gain boosts by pressing circle when blue sparks appear as I drift.)

Squishy3

Vehicle controls D: I just did my first Devil Killers mission from the taxi office and got caned three times on the bounce. I think I've figured out I need to keep pressing R2 to keep speed up but... is that how it should be? I wonder if the presses aren't registering properly because I'm using a DS4...

Any tips on those races would be welcome. (I know I can gain boosts by pressing circle when blue sparks appear as I drift.)
Yes, it's a known issue with the DS4. Use a DS3.

Ds4 doesn't work properly for the driving. As for the races, save all the heat for the end and well as a turbo. Turbo B amd chasis C make the races easy. If you want more of a challenge use chasis B.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Does anyone know if the DS4 works with Yakuza 4? I need to finish that first but my DS3 randomly presses triangle while playing any game (ejecting from a Helicopter in GTAV multiplayer was a lol moment).

Yes, it's a known issue with the DS4. Use a DS3.

Ds4 doesn't work properly for the driving. As for the races, save all the heat for the end and well as a turbo. Turbo B amd chasis C make the races easy. If you want more of a challenge use chasis B.

Thank you for the racing tips and the DS4 confirmation.

Does anyone know if the DS4 works with Yakuza 4? I need to finish that first but my DS3 randomly presses triangle while playing any game (ejecting from a Helicopter in GTAV multiplayer was a lol moment).

Should do. I thought it worked on all PS3 games as opposed to a game by game basis. You'll still need DS3's PS button to get back to console UI, though. Oh and share button on DS4 = select button. Or at least that's the case on Y5.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Should do. I thought it worked on all PS3 games as opposed to a game by game basis. You'll still need DS3's PS button to get back to console UI, though. Oh and share button on DS4 = select button. Or at least that's the case on Y5.

DS4 doesn't work on most PS3 games hence asking. It didn't even work with GTAV the first few months after DS4 support was added till Rockstar patched it in.

DS4 doesn't work on most PS3 games hence asking. It didn't even work with GTAV the first few months after DS4 support was added till Rockstar patched it in.

Seriously? Welp. That's what I get for assuming it'd work the sensible way.

I have Yakuza 4 on PS3 and just quickly tested it with a DS4. Seems to accept basic controls inputs, at least.

Rising_Hei

Finally got this after loving yakuza 4 when it came out, it's a shame that it can't be on my stand with all other Yakuza games since it's digital, but oh well, i can atleast play ir and enjoy it!

Oh i hear there are issues with DS4? my DS3 is malfunctioning so >_<

Oh i hear there are issues with DS4? my DS3 is malfunctioning so >_<

R2 (accelerate) doesn't register properly when in car. May not be too bad for taxi fare missions as the single one I did was a very stop-start, slow affair, but the first Devil Killers race was niegh on impossible as I never got close to top speed. The half a work around is you keep pressing R2 over and over.
You can still see and do a lot, but I have no idea when/if you're gonna need to win a race or drive a fare to progress main plot.

To me Kiryu is the best character in the series (and second favourite by some distance too according to that poll) no way are they going to retire him (Or Majima) anytime soon. Though they should avoid making it a running gag that every time you finish the game he heads into retirement or that Saejima
needs to break out of prison to investigate stuff.
I agree that much.

Akiyama is great and all but he's not exactly the kind of guy that's going to exhibit those badassery moments in the game for me that I love about Yakuza. That and I greatly prefer Kiryu's fighting style!

Did you play 4? Akiyama IS bad ass.

Tainted

I'm really interested in giving this a shot as I still have my PS3 hooked up. Never playued any of the previous Yakuza's before though.....how is this one for newcomers to the series ?

Akiyama is great and all but he's not exactly the kind of guy that's going to exhibit those badassery moments in the game for me that I love about Yakuza. That and I greatly prefer Kiryu's fighting style!

You see his attire and his manliness? It screams bad ass. Dude hangs dong!

I voted as well and it was surprisingly easy. Sorry bloodborne.

Top Bottom