• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Arex

Ms Park :( pt3 ch2 end spoiler
Noooo... did she really die? how far am I from knowing the truth lol.. I won't be able to finish this game till next year :(

hamchan

I wonder how much this game has sold

If the number of pre-orders was enough to convince Sony and Sega to greenlight Yakuza 0, then I'm going to assume it's above their expectations. Now our prayers go to 0 selling enough to enable Kiwami and 6 localizations.

MaxiLive

taxi driving is amazing in this game.

I've also spent the past 2-3 hours of game time doing Taxi missions. Shame that they have all become talking ones now which have some unique stories but I miss actually driving to destinations :(

I think I've nearly finished the racing events. I've kind of forgot what I was doing during the main quest as I've spent the past 5 hours just doing side missions for various people and I haven't touched the open world elements.

Is it worth going to hostess places? I've found a few things in the open world which I'm supposed to talk hostesses about but not sure if its worth it :p

grimmiq

Just hit the final chapter..I'm still extremely confused at what the hell is going on and expect another half dozen or so plot twists.

Astarte

If the number of pre-orders was enough to convince Sony and Sega to greenlight Yakuza 0, then I'm going to assume it's above their expectations. Now our prayers go to 0 selling enough to enable Kiwami and 6 localizations.

I'm worried that the announcement of 0 was just a preemptive thing and not a response to sales.

I've also spent the past 2-3 hours of game time doing Taxi missions. Shame that they have all become talking ones now which have some unique stories but I miss actually driving to destinations :(

I think I've nearly finished the racing events. I've kind of forgot what I was doing during the main quest as I've spent the past 5 hours just doing side missions for various people and I haven't touched the open world elements.

Is it worth going to hostess places? I've found a few things in the open world which I'm supposed to talk hostesses about but not sure if its worth it :p

Hostess clubs are great. Definitely check them out (when you have the money to do so).

Finally after beating 4 and getting holiday stuff in order, I played about 30 minutes last night and was blown away.

Cutscenes direction straight up looks like a movie now and I'm digging the new UI. Not sure if I like he new upgrade system, I kind of liked seeing everything you could get from the get-go in 4 but I'll see.

Thanks, what is classed as a lot of money? I currently have 250k yen but I'm not sure how to make a decent amount of money.

If you wanna do all the hostess club stuff with all characters then I say having around 10 millions might be enough (I know that I spent around 2-3 millions in Y4) but I haven't done them myself in the 5 yet so I'm not sure.

Roulette and gambling are good ways to make some serious cash. Especially using Items in them. For instance in Roulette there are items that insure the ball will stop at certain colors. (Red jewels makes sure that it stops on red number, etc etc)

evilalien

250k is more than enough to finish off a single hostess if you stick to cheap effective drinks (Gacha drink is the best overall since you can get useful items from it as well) and don't fail every conversation.

MYeager

Thanks, what is classed as a lot of money? I currently have 250k yen but I'm not sure how to make a decent amount of money.

Have you been going to the ATM after your Taxi missions? Because some of your 'salary' in the game for cab missions is paid through there. I forgot and ended up with several hundred thousand yen after doing them all. The hostess stuff is optional, but if you convince them to go on a date there's a trophy.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
16/18 missions with Kiryu. I refuse to advance the plot until I've completed them all. But where are they?!
Finally after beating 4 and getting holiday stuff in order, I played about 30 minutes last night and was blown away.

Cutscenes direction straight up looks like a movie now and I'm digging the new UI. Not sure if I like he new upgrade system, I kind of liked seeing everything you could get from the get-go in 4 but I'll see.
Thread when?!

Right, but I'm on his 4th part.

No, what he's saying is that there are a couple stories which are only available in the 5th part, the joint final part involving all the characters after you've gone through their individual parts. You'll have to advance the plot at this point if you want more substories.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
You play as Kiryu later on. They become available then.

No, what he's saying is that there are a couple stories which are only available in the 5th part, the joint final part involving all the characters after you've gone through their individual parts. You'll have to advance the plot at this point if you want more substories.
ah, so it's like 4 then. Well I'm still gonna finish the minigames! Also, is there a list of the photo spots?

I had my race with the first of the 4 kings, Crash, and I caused him to have an accident and won the race by a landslide. After the first lap, the route changes and there's this part where the road narrows to a single lane. He tried to turbo by me but with a bit of luck, I stuck him into the closed lane and he was never able to move again. I finished the last lap and he never moved from that spot.

I guess he can't drive in reverse either!

I've been meaning to ask, but what's up with the luck stuff that you get each to start up the game? Does it really change anything if your luck for the day is good or bad?

Yawnier

Banned
Pretty much finished Shinada's main story/part now. It seemed a bit short but I really liked it, just got to wrap up his side stuff. I wasn't big on Shinada in combat at first, but his fighting style has grown on me.
Takasugi is an awesome character. Also Daigo being the masked man was a given right away as I recognized his voice and the hair lol.

Squishy3

Pretty much finished Shinada's main story/part now. It seemed a bit short but I really liked it, just got to wrap up his side stuff. I wasn't big on Shinada in combat at first, but his fighting style has grown on me.
Takasugi is an awesome character. Also Daigo being the masked man was a given right away as I recognized his voice and the hair lol.
Yeah, I was curious to see if they intended us to not recognize him or not, but obviously that wasn't the case when the reveal came that they were high-school classmates that he wore it to hide his identity from Shinada. (as well as the people around town, since he had people after him.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just gonna say it. I don't like Haruka's part. I like the idea of it as this minor celebrity diversion, but it feels so out of place where it's placed in the story and the job list is about as bad as an Ubisoft open world game. Not to mention a lot of the 'different' rhythm games just feel like them trying to artificially extend their rhythm games in such a way that it makes it look less impressive than it is.

It's a neat idea, but I don't know that it belongs in a Yakuza game. Maybe as a spin-off on handhelds or mobile instead.

It seems like IGN is living in a world that Yakuza series doesn't exist. They didn't review the Y5, didn't put it on the list of PS3 games for 2015 and now they are ignoring Y0 in their list of PS4 games in 2016. *sigh*

Stuart444

It seems like IGN is living in a world that Yakuza series doesn't exist. They didn't review the Y5, didn't put it on the list of PS3 games for 2015 and now they are ignoring Y0 in their list of PS4 games in 2016. *sigh*

Really? That REALLY doesn't help their IGNorant status/jokes that get thrown their way.

Astarte

If we never get another game at least we're getting 0. We've had more than enough chances to prove our worth! (I really hope this is doing decently.)

I hope all the buttheads that said no ps4 no buy or some shit like that actually put their money where their mouth is or I'll be mad as hell

I'm just gonna say it. I don't like Haruka's part. I like the idea of it as this minor celebrity diversion, but it feels so out of place where it's placed in the story and the job list is about as bad as an Ubisoft open world game. Not to mention a lot of the 'different' rhythm games just feel like them trying to artificially extend their rhythm games in such a way that it makes it look less impressive than it is.

It's a neat idea, but I don't know that it belongs in a Yakuza game. Maybe as a spin-off on handhelds or mobile instead.

I D O L L I F E

IGN is full of shit. Like legit full of shit.

Really? That REALLY doesn't help their IGNorant status/jokes that get thrown their way.
Well, I guess now I can understand where that joke comes from.
IGN is full of shit. Like legit full of shit.
I don't really read it myself but still that is a big site with lots of viewers so it really sucks that they completely ignore a great series such as Yakuza that desperately needs more recognition in the west.

Past

Well, I guess now I can understand where that joke comes from.

I don't really read it myself but still that is a big site with lots of viewers so it really sucks that they completely ignore a great series such as Yakuza that desperately needs more recognition in the west.

Trust me, you don't want them to review the game. They gave Yakuza 4 a 6.5/10, I wouldn't be surprised if people skipped the game because of it.

Trust me, you don't want them to review the game. They gave Yakuza 4 a 6.5/10, I wouldn't be surprised if people skipped the game because of it.

Seriously? Wow.

I mean I stopped caring about IGN reviews when I found out they gave God Hand a freaking 3 but still giving Yakuza 4 a 6.5..... wow.

Tenrius

Where do you find Riku when she asks you out for the first time?
She said near a police box on the central intersetion on Nagasu blvrd, but I can't seem to find it

EDIT: Nevermind, found her.
A bit to the north to the central intersection, on the right sidewalk. It's not a police box like in Doctor Who, it's apparently a police station inside a building.

Hasney

Can't say I was a fan of that ending.

Last guy you fight was just a swerve too far and Baruka just running off stage and roll credits there wasn't the best thing to end on

Top Bottom