• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAY!!! My Metroid Prime 2 Demo disc shipped

Dyne

Memles said:
I found my e-mail in the junk mail section too...I also discovered that Camp Hyrule started today.

I then realized I, as a Canadian citizen, am inelligible to win one of the Five DS systems.

I then got incredibly pissed.

WHAT?!

*curses loudly*

*breathes*

Oh well, the signing up has been instantly redeemed by being able to chat with REGGIE on Friday! Yes! I can't waaaait~

Memles

Dyne said:
WHAT?!

*curses loudly*

*breathes*

Oh well, the signing up has been instantly redeemed by being able to chat with REGGIE on Friday! Yes! I can't waaaait~

REGGIE? Nice...mind you, I'm still pissed. Not surprised, really...but pissed.

Mrbob

Look at all you posers waiting.

If you were a real Nintendo fan like me you would already possess this disc!

Memles

CVXFREAK said:
Hotmail's been acting very weird lately. I haven't gotten a few people's e-mails. :(

I found a reply to an inquiry to my University, that have been coming into my normal inbox for months, in my junk e-mail too...it was very odd.

In other news...I swear, if I somehow end up winning a DS only for them to find out I live in Canada, I'm going to throw something. Something big. Like a tree.

AirBrian

Mrbob said:
Look at all you posers waiting.

If you were a real Nintendo fan like me you would already possess this disc!
Bitch! :) (And you got the bundle at a cheaper price!!!)

So how is your new purchase working out?

aoi tsuki

AirBrian said:
Bitch! :) (And you got the bundle at a cheaper price!!!)

So how is your new purchase working out?
More importantly, does the MP set have a progressive scan GC in the box? Considering my launch Cube's caught the dreaded "disc cannot be read error" on disc 2 of MGS, i wanna know if i just owned myself by skipping on the bundle today.

Mrbob

Metroid Prime is pretty sweet. Echoes demo is fun to fool around with!

More importantly, does the MP set have a progressive scan GC in the box? Considering my launch Cube's caught the dreaded "disc cannot be read error" on disc 2 of MGS, i wanna know if i just owned myself by skipping on the bundle today.
Yesterday 04:51 PM

I can check for you, but I don't know how to check if the GC is progressive or non progressive. Let me know. Also, the box is a regular platinum gc box, it just has a card Metroid bundle sleeve taped over it.

Lee-T

Check the side of the box, it lists which model is in the box. If it's model 001 in the box then its the one with the digital out. The 101 model is the one without the digital out. Wal-marts Metroid bundles all seem to be the 101 models, but I know TRU and Target have been getting 001 models in the Metroid bundles.

BTW, did anyone notice that on the 101 models they switched the analog out from the right side of the back of the cube to the middle of the back of the cube(where the digital out used to be)? This sucks for those people who want to use those Intec screen with it(the few people who do) because the way the Intec screen is set up, the cord isn't long enough to reach the analog out if its in the center of the cube and they don't have an extension cable.

Code_Link

Does anyone have any PINs to share?

I have Mario Kart, Mario Party, Four Swords (thanks to Wario :D ) and Mario vs DK. I just need one more! :(

I have an extra Mario Kart PIN too if anyone wants to trade it. :(

AirBrian

BuddyChrist83 said:
still haven't gotten a shipping e-mail :(
I haven't either.

But the weird thing is on My Nintendo, if I click on My Subscriptions, it says it was shipped on the 13th. However, under My Orders it doesn't show that it was sent, just the Zelda Disc from last year. ??? :(

Memles

AirBrian said:
I haven't either.

But the weird thing is on My Nintendo, if I click on My Subscriptions, it says it was shipped on the 13th. However, under My Orders it doesn't show that it was sent, just the Zelda Disc from last year. ??? :(

I got my e-mail alright, but my problem lies in the fact that it isn't showing up in "My Orders".

I had problems with the Zelda Disk, as it wasn't sent out for Weeks. Something about my account would not let orders go through; It worked eventually, but I sent off an e-mail to ensure it doesn't happen again. I know its preemptive, but I want to try to get it here as soon as possible.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Did anyone else get 2 emails from Nintendo saying it's shipped? I know Mana did...wonder if we'll get two copies. Of course I could just lie and say I never received the disc, heh heh...

I also got a mail saying it shipped, but there is no mention of the disk in the "my orders" section of the My Nintendo site.

Is it showing up for anyone in there?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't think it's suppose to be listed under the "my orders" section. Or else my Zelda bonus disc should be listed too

Deku Tree

Wario64 said:
Did anyone else get 2 emails from Nintendo saying it's shipped? I know Mana did...wonder if we'll get two copies. Of course I could just lie and say I never received the disc, heh heh...

Yup, I got 2 emails. And I've spoken to 2-3 other people who did too.
And I was wondering the same thing b/c I got two LoZ:CE disks.

I got my e-mail alright, but my problem lies in the fact that it isn't showing up in "My Orders".

The only thing I have in "My Orders" is a Mario Paint Players Guide I ordered in 1993 (!) from Nintendo Power. No sign of the Zelda disc I got last time. I wouldn't worry about it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I heard that if you use the same address info that you used for your old Nintendo Power magazines, you can see everything that you ordered since....well, ever. Unfortunately I don't remember what address I was using and who was subscribed to it...

Mirk

Wario64 said:

I got 3 emails so far telling me it has been shipped :/

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I actually got 2 copies of the Zelda disc. But I was nice and sent the dupe right back to them.

AirBrian

Kobun Heat said:
Email could have been blocked; check yer spam filters...
Yeah, I've been watching my spam folder as well. But I've got a Nintendo filter setup because I've had some order emails in the past sent to the spam folder.

Anyone get their's yet? I just got the email yesterday saying it shipped and it was in today's mail. However, there's no bloody case, just the disc and pamphlet inside a standard bubble wrap cd mailer. Very wierd, so fast and no case. Just qualified for the thing on Tuesday too.

Anyways I haven't played it yet. There's also a pamphlet explaining that you can play the original Metroid on the bonus disc if you have Fusion.

Memles

Son of Godzilla said:
Anyways I haven't played it yet. There's also a pamphlet explaining that you can play the original Metroid on the bonus disc if you have Fusion.

HAVE Fusion or have beat Fusion? Because I've only done the first.

Rolio

originally posted by Dark Dragon:
I got the demo disc today.

Strange, it didn't come in a DVD case, instead one of those cheap plastic envelope. Anyone else?

yup, me too
good thing i had an extra gc case lying around

was a little perturbed, since last year the zelda collector's disk came in a full dvd case

Originally Posted by Son of Godzilla:

why they mention this, i think is a little silly
what it says in the pamphlet is that if you own Metroid Prime, you can then play the original metroid on your cube

Memles

In this case, since it is really only half of the bundled goods (Both Discs share a case in the bundle) it was shipped out this way. A little annoying, I'm sure, but I'll live. No extra cases, sadly, but I'll find somewhere to put it.

Rolio

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hey mem, go to a local gamestop and just ask nicely if they have extra gamecube cases
since we get official gc cases exactly like the ones that are used to hold released games to display reserve titles, etc., they should have plenty

cvxfreak

Got my demo disc today. Talk about crappy presentation...

The instruction manual got stuck on the envelope adhesive, and the disc came in a little plastic slip. :(

Top Bottom