• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAY!!! My Metroid Prime 2 Demo disc shipped

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I got my disc a few days ago, I had a good time with the demo and I'm looking foward too it. Would have been cooler if they had the original Metroid unlocked without the connectivity.

Looking foward to this gem.

Ristamar

My demo = plastic sleeve, no case :(

If anyone has, copies, or creates some cool box art for the case, please post it or PM me.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I wonder where I can get more of those sleeves. They'd be great for traveling; I could stash my entire GCN collection in a pocket or two.

Ristamar

JJConrad said:
I wonder where I can get more of those sleeves. They'd be great for traveling; I could stash my entire GCN collection in a pocket or two.

Why not just grab the official GC disc case? It's tiny as hell, and holds 12 games.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Ristamar said:
Why not just grab the official GC disc case? It's tiny as hell, and holds 12 games.
I've got one, but the disc don't fit properly inside. The disc tears the sleeve.

That's probably why they were giving them away.

Ristamar

JJConrad said:
I've got one, but the disc don't fit properly inside. The disc tears the sleeve.

That's probably why they were giving them away.

Yeah, they do tear, but they work okay, and most important, they don't scratch the disks. I've had mine for 2 years.

BuddyC

If someone can get me a copy of the template, I can piece together some coverart - I've got some +20MB .psd art assets for the title.

Kakusha

0mp2e.jpg

aparisi2274

Well I got home, and opened my envelope and all I got was a instruction book on how to play the original Metroid, a Seizure book, and the disc, which was in a little plastic sleeve.

Anyway, after checking out the other shit on the disc, I jumped into the demo. The game looks awesome. Everything is a lot cleaner now, and the textures are very nice. The Demo itself is short, and there is no big climatic ending to it. Now here is my demo adventure. Anyone who beat it as well, tell me if I missed anything:

ok the game starts, I get out my ship, walk around scan some shit. Eventually make it to an elevator. Drop down, and then walk through some hallways, and eventually into a room where it tells me to use bombs to look for small places to explore. So I use the bomb, I drop down, and eventually go through this tunnel and end up in the main space pirate room where the dark portal is. So I go through the floor tunnels and end up on the other side of the room. I take care of the 2 pirates in there, and then scan everything to see that the portal is inactive. So I use the elevator and go up to the 2nd level. I do a double jump, get to the command center where the portal controls are, and I kill the pirate in there. The door unlocks I go through, and I see the Dark Samus. She closes some gates, and I have to find another way through. So I go to the command center, samus scans the control unit for the portal and activates it. I go through, and end up in the dark world. When I get in the dark world, I scan all the dead bodies, and then go from bubble to bubble to keep healthy. Eventually I make it out of this big room into a corridor that leads to another big room, where I have to fight these 3 or 4 dark enemies. I couldnt scan them, because they were killing me. Anyway, I use the light beam on them, and they all die, and the portal to the light world opens, and I go in, and I get the Mission Complete screen.

So now my question to anyone who beat the demo is, Did I Miss anything??? When I was
in the first large room, according to my maps there looked like there was another exit in the room, but I dont remember if I scanned it or not to see if it was locked. So I am not sure if I missed anything.

So someone let me know, if I basically saw the majority of this demo?

Awesome game by the way. Nov. cant get here soon enough.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
aparisi2274 said:
Well I got home, and opened my envelope and all I got was a instruction book on how to play the original Metroid, a Seizure book, and the disc, which was in a little plastic sleeve.

Anyway, after checking out the other shit on the disc, I jumped into the demo. The game looks awesome. Everything is a lot cleaner now, and the textures are very nice. The Demo itself is short, and there is no big climatic ending to it. Now here is my demo adventure. Anyone who beat it as well, tell me if I missed anything:

ok the game starts, I get out my ship, walk around scan some shit. Eventually make it to an elevator. Drop down, and then walk through some hallways, and eventually into a room where it tells me to use bombs to look for small places to explore. So I use the bomb, I drop down, and eventually go through this tunnel and end up in the main space pirate room where the dark portal is. So I go through the floor tunnels and end up on the other side of the room. I take care of the 2 pirates in there, and then scan everything to see that the portal is inactive. So I use the elevator and go up to the 2nd level. I do a double jump, get to the command center where the portal controls are, and I kill the pirate in there. The door unlocks I go through, and I see the Dark Samus. She closes some gates, and I have to find another way through. So I go to the command center, samus scans the control unit for the portal and activates it. I go through, and end up in the dark world. When I get in the dark world, I scan all the dead bodies, and then go from bubble to bubble to keep healthy. Eventually I make it out of this big room into a corridor that leads to another big room, where I have to fight these 3 or 4 dark enemies. I couldnt scan them, because they were killing me. Anyway, I use the light beam on them, and they all die, and the portal to the light world opens, and I go in, and I get the Mission Complete screen.

So now my question to anyone who beat the demo is, Did I Miss anything??? When I was
in the first large room, according to my maps there looked like there was another exit in the room, but I dont remember if I scanned it or not to see if it was locked. So I am not sure if I missed anything.

So someone let me know, if I basically saw the majority of this demo?

Awesome game by the way. Nov. cant get here soon enough.
That's about it. The demo is very linear. You might want to look aroud a bit, I've found number a nice smalll touches throughtout the stages.

Also, let the title screen run and you'll get a better look at some of the new power-ups.

aparisi2274

JJConrad said:
That's about it. The demo is very linear. You might want to look aroud a bit, I've found number a nice smalll touches throughtout the stages.

Also, let the title screen run and you'll get a better look at some of the new power-ups.

Cool, thanks. So what did u think of the game demo? I think this has the potential to be a AAA killer title.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Echoes was awesome at E3 and I expect the finished product to be nothing short of spectacular. The demo itself would have been perfect if they had kept the Dark Samus battle in it, but Im guessing they're going to redo that whole scene in the final game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If anyone wants a full size .psd template for GameCube box art, send me a PM with your e-mail address. I can't remember where I got it from, but I have such a template on my PC.

Top Bottom