• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yet more info on GTA:SA

source: translated from http://www.gamefront.de (Actually it's the OPM Australia)

How much more stuff can they possibly put into this game? Talk about a sandbox, this is it folks.

New information to GTA San Andreas

07.10.04 - Here new details are to GTA San Andreas from the English ' Play of magazines ' and the ' Official Playstation 2 magazines Australia ' (thanks at dave100).

- law enforcement helicopters circle over the cities and look for criminal ones, even when one does not have a increased search level.

- the ' grant Bridge' bridge is so large that the weather at their two ends can be different.

- the camera can be moved around 360 degrees freely. The faster one goes, to the less rotation is possible. If one runs e.g., one can look only to the sides.

- one learns Kung Fu and road boxes. If one controls both, the combat styles can be mixed later.

- with the combine one can drive also into the city.

- as probable in GTA Vice town center (Dt. version) one can stop also criminal ones in the roads and taken the money a reward.

- there are no buildings, which look equal. Exceptions form terraced houses, which do not differ also in the reality.

- the mini tractor lawn mower is the slowest vehicle in the play.

- with the spraying airplane of the country one can make Kunsstuecke such as loopings or roles.

- the buildings in lot Santos are very expensive.

- the gold racquet participates again as weapon.

- one finds the ' Desert Eagle ' pistol and the shovel for the first time in the desert.

- the Mountain Bike has several courses and switches automatically.

- a plow is in the play, with which one drives by buildings, cars to upset and chaos in completely San Andreas to arrange can.

- CJs animations are with the same weapon different, if it controlled them better and learned new abilities.

- is CJ in the correct distance to the opponent, visiert it automatically the head on. In principle CJ can aim at each character in the play.

- the fire obtains a higher value. By the explosion of cars, Molotov cocktails or hand grenades one can set buildings and the closer environment in fire.

- there are many destroyable objects (furniture, plants, fences, uvm.).

- all character react more realistically to noises (explosions, shootings).

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
God debugging this game must be a nightmare. If there is ONE thing I want from this game it's to feel that the city is not just alive in the one block I'm in, or only at the visual level I'm at. That really took me out of it from time to time in Vicy City.

the fire obtains a higher value. By the explosion of cars, Molotov cocktails or hand grenades one can set buildings and the closer environment in fire.

But will they actually come down? Hmmm.

8bit

Knows the Score
Pinched from gtasanandreas.net, which probably provided the info in the first place.

From Play UK:

* R* reckon that it takes 100 hours to complete the main story missions.
* Cop helicopter fly around the cities, searching for criminals even when you havent got any stars.
* Kung fu, boxing street fighting can all be learnt, once you have learnt them you can use them and mix and match between them.
* Possibility of hot dog R3 missions!
* The Gant bridge is SO big that the weather can be different on both ends.
* you have 360 degree camera control. The faster you go the less rotation is allowed - eg. go fast and you can only look left and right.
* Los Santos property costs a lot of money.
* You can drive a combine harvester into the city.
* No 2 buildings are the same (with the exception of a selection of houses in estates which would look the same in real life).
* CJ can vault over ledges one handed.

Now for the Australians, the Australian release date has been confirmed by the magazine's editors as November 12, 2004. The other details from the magazine..

* The bulldozer will be steered by the rear wheels rather than the front.
* The riding lawnmower is the slowest vehicle in the game.
* Along with the already-confirmed katana, the golf club makes a return, too.
* The BMX and mountain bike are different in that the mountain bike has gears that are chosen automatically. Manual gear shifting is not yet confirmed.
* Just as you could stop criminals from running from the cops in Vice City and get $50, you can do the same except with putting out fires in San Andreas. The money reward amount is not confirmed.
* One animation improvement is that Carl will not only change his stance with each new weapon, but he will also change stances with the same weapon as his skills increase with that particular weapon.
* One of the ways that aircraft are more improved in San Andreas is that the crop duster can preform maneuvers such as barrel rolls, hammerheads and loops.
* Carl automatically targets enemies heads when he is at the correct range.
* The first place you find the desert eagle and the shovel is in the desert.
* Characters will respond to noise (gunshots, explosions) more realistically.
* Carl can lock onto anyone in the game (even if he isn't holding a weapon).
* Some of the time, you will be able to block (depends on the weapon that Carl is holding).
* Fires will play a bigger role than you might think. Through explosions from cars, grenades or even molotov cocktails, you could set fire to a huge portion of the map. This includes buildings, countryside and more. This can be used to your advantage, of course.
* You will be able to fire at enemies when backing up on your motorcycle or bike.
* A plough is in the game and Carl can use it to smash through buildings, flip cars and cause chaos all over San Andreas.
* There are several environmental objects that you will be able to destroy: milk crates, chain-linked and barb-wire fences, several types of plants, couches, chairs, other furniture and etc.

Razoric

Banned
I hope it doesnt take 100 hours to finish the story. I have trouble finding time to beat a 20 hour game.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Just go without sleep for a week and a half. That's what I'm doing, thanks to this handy IV full of caffeine and nutrients I purchased off eBay!

Razoric

Banned
bishoptl said:
Just go without sleep for a week and a half. That's what I'm doing, thanks to this handy IV full of caffeine and nutrients I purchased off eBay!

Might have to call in sick a few days.

GTA 4 lyfe!

evil ways

kleenex.gif

Grubdog

Banned
Now for the Australians, the Australian release date has been confirmed by the magazine's editors as November 12, 2004.
November 12th? According to EB and some online sites, it was pushed forward to October 29.

Also, any word on what's being cut out of the Australian version, if anything?

sonycowboy said:
the ' grant Bridge' bridge is so large that the weather at their two ends can be different

Ah, well, probably a slight misnomer here, I'm sure the Grant Bridge is the Golden Gate Bridge, but the Bay Bridge has the same type of weather conditions... great attention to detail...

Top Bottom