• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi-P Hints Possible Final Fantasy IX Remake Will be Divided into Multiple Titles

Elios83

I wouldn’t do more than two games.
A single game is also fine but realistically it would be more a remaster like the Crash Bandicoot games or Crisis Core rather than a remake.
Attempting to do a full remake but just in two parts without adding fillers or completely new stuff imo could be the best comprise.

Last edited:
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

Not that FF7 Rebirth battle system isn't good on its own, but we don't need more action combat shitting up the classics. They did their fanfic stuff with FF7R series, how about one that stays faithful.
FF7Rebirth is probably my favourite or #2 game of all time but I have to agree with you on this one!

Zacfoldor

Nooooo NOOOOO NOooo NOooooo NOOOOOO nOoooo nooooo noooo!!!

Don't do this Square, don't do it. Make it 1 game. Manage your scope. Make it one game. Don't do it! You filler making bastards do not ruin FFIX with the multipart treatment. It's reasons like this that your management is famously inept!

You have plenty of old games to remaster you do not need to stretch this one out, stop this. Stop it.

And before anyone says it, FFVII Remake and Rebirth BOTH are filled with endless hours of filler and could have easily fit into one single game with no filler in less than 60 hours. The game time is artificially extended, everything is artificially extended. Sales are starting to suffer. Just stop!

Why did they make Rebirth with tons filler but leave out some very important parts of the main story? Because it is easy to make filler content and hard to remake the actual good stuff. There is no "the game is too big" reason imho, it's all just about being able to crank out easier work over multiple titles to create 3 things to sell instead of 1. Rebirth was good but you could tell, and I'm not talking about he open world, that was pretty good, but the STORY MISSIONS WERE SO ARTIFICALLY DRAGGED OUT AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY JUST LIKE REMAKE, WTF!

Last edited:
If it's done as well as FF7 Remake that's fine with me. I don't understand why people have such an issue with a game that was sold as one being split up into more games in remake. FF7 Remake proved it was a good idea and people loved it.

Top Bottom