• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi-P Hints Possible Final Fantasy IX Remake Will be Divided into Multiple Titles

XXL

Square Enix: Final Fantasy IX Remake Part 2 "Failed To Meet out Sales Expectations"
Not sure what you think this proves?

What were their expectations in the first place? Just because something doesn't meet expectations, doesn't mean it's a failure and especially if the expectations were unrealistic.

For example....PS5 sales for the last 18 months were under Sonys expectations....they still sold 30M consoles in that time. Is that a failure or did they have unrealistic expectations?

It like some of you only see things in black and white......a symptom of being overly dramatic and negative all the time.

Isa

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

If it turns out like that I'll just wait til years down the line when there is some bundle or they are very cheap. I doubt it thanks to all the rumors saying its much less ambitious than FFVIIR so I still hold out hope, but I don't want to be strung along(nickel & dimed) again. For me the changes weren't worth it for FFVIIR, my gf totally dropped it since it made absolutely no sense to her.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If it turns out like that I'll just wait til years down the line when there is some bundle or they are very cheap. I doubt it thanks to all the rumors saying its much less ambitious than FFVIIR so I still hold out hope, but I don't want to be strung along(nickel & dimed) again. For me the changes weren't worth it for FFVIIR, my gf totally dropped it since it made absolutely no sense to her.
They turned it into a KH mess so IMO if you have to buy all 3 parts I'd just wait for a super sale like 6 years(lol isn't that sad) down the line. Or skip entirely. I can't see the trees for the forest and it just looks like a FF7 theme park filled with minigames and fanservice for both Rebirth and FFVIIR3.

Like a lot of stuff got changed and Cid may as well be a completely different character. I think after the writers had the party step through the portal at the end of FFVIIR it gave them free reign to screw everything up.

Which if you are going to write a new story why not make a new mainline FF game?

If they decide to do a Episodic Visual Novel set of games for FFIX as well I think I'll just pass.

I'll never understand(it's probably because all the talent that made it happen are gone) that with a company with so much experience in JRPGs they can't seem to make one anymore. Too busy success coasting and chasing after trends that are doomed to fail.

Sure, but I don't agree in this case.

BG3 for example has a ton of content, it's not bloated.

Guess it depends on what you mean by "bloated". I think BG3 is bloated and I loved every minute of that game. I honestly wish games like this would just find a good stopping point and then stop and create a sequel with the rest. Leave me on a cliff hanger like TV shows if you must. Would also lead to games coming out quicker.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
cant he just shut the fuck up for one damn day?

i thought with the release of xvi, he would just talk about xiv but no, his mouth can't keep shut for some reason?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
cant he just shut the fuck up for one damn day?

i thought with the release of xvi, he would just talk about xiv but no, his mouth can't keep shut for some reason?
He likes to run his mouth. Unfortunately everything that comes out tends to be brainrot when held under scrutiny.

Garbage MMO Expansion. Garbage new mainline FF. Garbage opinions in Q and As. Perfect fit for the CBU3.

All of XIV's success has gotten to his head and overinflated his ego.

Edit: Thank you for the Gold.

Last edited:
He likes to run his mouth. Unfortunately everything that comes out tends to be brainrot when held under scrutiny.

Garbage MMO Expansion. Garbage new mainline FF. Garbage opinions in Q and As. Perfect fit for the CBU3.

All of XIV's success has gotten to his head and overinflated his ego.

Edit: Thank you for the Gold.
I’m not so sure gold is what you deserved…but congrats 🎉

I'm surprised I got it honestly. 🤷‍♂️

I'm just a Jaded Final Fantasy Fan.

Over the years Yoshi P is so out of touch it gets very tiring every time he comments on something.
Agreed, but between the onslaught of dumb questions he has to field every day, and translation issues with his interviews, there is no reason to act like this guy isn’t doing exactly what 99% of us would do with “media” nonsense these days if we got asked a bunch of dumb questions.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
FF9s story and pacing really doesn’t allow for a 4 chapter or 3 chapter break down. FF7 definitely does and works even if it stretches it out painfully thin.

FF9 across more than two titles would suck balls.

poodaddy

I'm all for this.

FF7 was better for it.

Fuck your nostalgia.
This is is what a shill looks like folks.

God fucking dammit....they're gonna fuck this one up just like they did 7.

I legitimately wish Square would go under. They're not the same company anymore, and all they do these days is shit all over their legacy constantly. Fuck em.

Last edited:

Hawk The Slayer

Neo Member
Final Fantasy IX is still the best FF game and my favorite one too! I'm fine with any kind of FFIX Remake as long as I could get a FFIX Remake! It's the FF game that has some of Jim Henson's style from Labyrinth and Dark Crystal.

Garnet is Sarah from Labyrinth and Zidane is a younger Jareth the Goblin King within the same movie.

01938046f8452c607d7c4df62b529702.jpg

hq720.jpg

image-w1280.jpg

Brigandier

Please fucking stop already.....

Where is upper management to tell him that we're going to do a nice 2DHD remake and flesh out the battle system mix it up a bit and make lots of QoL adjustments and improvements.

Not every game needs $150m budgets and multiple entries ffs....

TheAssist

Ya know what. I am ok with it. I love the FF7 Remake series. Best games I have played in recent year.

However I wonder why they wouldnt remake 10, since that was already made with the restrictions of early 3D development in mind.

No. I hope they don’t split it up into parts again. It will probably take them at least 20 years to finish the trilogy. One game should be enough if they are going to do this remake.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

FF8 > FF9 and could really use it more than 9, fix the translation for non japanese audiences. Onboard with a full remake like FF7 for 8, but other than Vivi. Squall > Zidanne.
Disappointed.

Stu_Hart

FF9 is an awesome game and a return to the old FF feel after FF8. If they remade the game without the bloat, I'd be happy to support it. FF9 is a bit bigger in scope than FF7, so remaking it with the full FF7 treatment is a huge task.

Lambogenie

Hope not. Not what's needed or wanted.
It doesn't stop you doing other FFIX games or stories though. Rather that.

Heck, I'd rather have the often fake rumoured X-3 than have split another single game, and I like VII Remake.

SkylineRKR

FF8 > FF9 and could really use it more than 9, fix the translation for non japanese audiences. Onboard with a full remake like FF7 for 8, but other than Vivi. Squall > Zidanne.
Disappointed.

All 3 FF of this era were top tier and provided months of fun.

The problem with these remakes is that something gets lost along the way. In FFVII the chocobo breeding, grinding the arena for Omnislash, morph for min max stats and ribbons. Etc. Not to mention these are 3 games that also revert your stats. I can't see myself playing these parts back to back, ever.

For me FFVIII is so good because you can break it, and very early on.

FeralEcho

I know, people said the same thing about FF7 trilogy......it wasn't true.

People just like to be dramatic about it in the name of nostalgia.

If people don't like it, go play the original versions... they didn't disintegrate.
Yes we are all so "dramatic" for not wanting to wait 15 years to finish a trilogy...

And "It wasn't true" you say...about the remake trilogy that was announced in 2015 and only just released its second game in the trilogy after 9 years from its announcement.

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

Last edited:
Back then i thought the multiple discs was because FMVs, but now i'm learning that i was playing 4 games in 1.
I prefer VIII, but IX is great too. If it was a remake not a sequel and some stuff didn't get disneyfied maybe.

He would like to remake III?! GTFO. The before-VII game to be remade is VI in all its steampunk glory.

Also it is irritating to see Mistwalker wasting their talent in mobile games. Join forces with Sakaguchi and leave this guy in a corner.

Last edited:

XXL

Yes we are all so "dramatic" for not wanting to wait 15 years to finish a trilogy...

And "It wasn't true" you say...about the remake trilogy that was announced in 2015 and only just released its second game in the trilogy after 9 years from its announcement.

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF
Why are going from announcement?

FF7 Remake released in April 2020.

We are now in 2024 and the 3rd game is in active development.

Top Bottom