• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

bryanee

Justice League is the only DC series that's come out on Blu-Ray, right? Did you buy it?

Of course, also have them on DVD. I have most of the DC animated TV shows on DVD, all the animated movies on blu ray if available on the format.

Release BTAS, Supes, rest of JL and Batman Beyond on blu ray and they'll be in my collection soon enough.

I'd settle for a full YJ DVD set for now.

abundant

Just saw a commercial for the January 5th return. I'm still not buying the "we removed the block because of CN's birthday" excuse they gave but it looks like that is the only reason we're going to get for the block being taken off the air.

I would like to know the true reason too, because something did happen to get the block pulled like that. It can't just be CN being CN, because they have never done something like this, even to shows that were clearly being sent to death like MI and ST.

At least they're advertising it (I saw the ad too), so there's that.

Of course, also have them on DVD. I have most of the DC animated TV shows on DVD, all the animated movies on blu ray if available on the format.

Release BTAS, Supes, rest of JL and Batman Beyond on blu ray and they'll be in my collection soon enough.

I'd settle for a full YJ DVD set for now.

Woah. I didn't even know that JL was out on Bluray! My policy is usually to wait for a box set but these have been such a long time coming I might just cave and buy the individual sets.

NEW DC NATION PROMO:

http://legendofjustice.tumblr.com/post/37983739935

First glimpse of Mal as Guardian, Static doing his thing and Arsenal buzzed up.

yea that was cool to see and i guess mal will be doing some more stuff. Arsenal not looking like Clone Roy is very interesting as well

There were some major GL spoilers in that promo.

it was shown before in their last dc nation preview but its cool to see that there are a bunch of them

Xiaoki

Not quite sure why everyone thinks Young Justice is being cancelled, its one of Cartoon Network's highest rated shows.

Whats bringing down DC Nation right now is Green Lantern.

Being off season for several months then showing 2 episodes then going on hiatus for several months is weird but weird hiatuses involving full CG cartoons is not uncommon.

Brickhunt

Don't be so sure, I'm sure both Young Justice and Green Lantern are not a cheap shows to produce(There are enough info from animators, including Bruce Timm, that CGi can be just as expensive as traditional animation) and unless they pull real stellar ratings, like Legend of Korra and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, they can be in danger of getting cancelled. Specially when the networks comedy shows are doing great. The fact that there is a new, comedy-based Teen Titans Show and a New Batman show (Not comedy, but from a very famous an viewer guanrantee brand) could be sign of the shows being replaced.

Also, like I said in other thread, is seems there is a succession struggle at Warner bros: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/11/13/warner-bros-executive-power-struggle/
I don't doubt this has can be one of the factors on why DC nation was pulled out in October

bryanee

Woah. I didn't even know that JL was out on Bluray! My policy is usually to wait for a box set but these have been such a long time coming I might just cave and buy the individual sets.

Its only the first two season of JL, still waiting for Justice League Unlimited blu rays if they ever come that is.

On that promo there was something live action, I assume its a short. Anyone know what it was?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So it is due to the higher ups bickering.

Man, suddenly I wonder what's going to happen to DC. Still, are they related to CN?

Not quite sure why everyone thinks Young Justice is being cancelled, its one of Cartoon Network's highest rated shows.
I believe a lot of it stems from how they cancelled some of the toys a while back. Merchandise plays a significant part in funding shows, and when they're pulled from the shelves, it's more-often-than-not a sign that they've lost confidence in it. Sym-Bionic Titan was canned for similar reasons, IIRC.

So it is due to the higher ups bickering.

Man, suddenly I wonder what's going to happen to DC. Still, are they related to CN?
Both CN and DC are owned by WB.

Kabuto

new trailer

There's a ton of new footage in this one.
Deathstroke, Despero, and Mongul are going to make an appearance
Red Inferno is back and there's going to be a Chesire/Aqualad, Sportsmaster/Black Manta, and Miss Martian/Artemis fight
Maybe an appearance by Toyman at 0:18? and I don't know who the Green Beetle is at 0:38
HYPED.

new trailer

There's a ton of new footage in this one.
Deathstroke, Despero, and Mongul are going to make an appearance
Red Inferno is back and there's going to be a Chesire/Aqualad, Sportsmaster/Black Manta, and Miss Martian/Artemis fight
Maybe an appearance by Toyman at 0:18? and I don't know who the Green Beetle is at 0:38
HYPED.

looks like Superboy knows whats up now but we will have to see how (already knew but everything is fucking up, learned from MM, learned from other means).

And impluse can vibrate through objects; hopefully Wally doesn't see that LOL

Mononofu

So it's not getting canceled?

UdpPV.gif

:p

That trailer was truly amazing. The end game of season 2 looks insane.

plus i guess we will see
how Tula kicked the bucket also and Darkseid since that person who fucked up wolf looks like him imo

Gonna be very interesting.

So it's not getting canceled?

The jury is still out on that one.

For now we have about 10(?) episodes to look forward to, so lets just enjoy it until its ultimate fate is decided/revealed

UdpPV.gif

:p

That trailer was truly amazing. The end game of season 2 looks insane.

whats your thoughts on the chance of Reach apocalyspe still happening since impluse has failed so far?

Mononofu

I can't see season 3 happening after the comic got canned. Greg talked about a 40 year time jump if the show got renewed. Not sure how that would sell to studio execs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I really dislike timeskips as a narrative device (in general.) Like, I can't go back and watch season one now because of the timeskip. If s3 happened it would be very hard to go back to s2.

It's weird because Spectacular Spider-man nailed it by doing the total opposite and having a consistent time progression. It's very odd to see Weisman go the complete other direction.

I guess it's nice if you like seeing as many new heroes as possible, which may have been the idea. But who can't they introduce right now? I get in s1 they couldn't have really done Nightwing, Impulse, Tim Drake, etc.

Top Bottom