• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

abundant

I can't see season 3 happening after the comic got canned. Greg talked about a 40 year time jump if the show got renewed. Not sure how that would sell to studio execs.

It'd be kind of funny if season 3 did happen, with the 40 year time jump. On one hand, people would be overjoyed by a third season. On the other hand, those same people would be bitching up a storm due to the time jump.

Avixph

I really dislike timeskips as a narrative device (in general.) Like, I can't go back and watch season one now because of the timeskip. If s3 happened it would be very hard to go back to s2.

It's weird because Spectacular Spider-man nailed it by doing the total opposite and having a consistent time progression. It's very odd to see Weisman go the complete other direction.

I guess it's nice if you like seeing as many new heroes as possible, which may have been the idea. But who can't they introduce right now? I get in s1 they couldn't have really done Nightwing, Impulse, Tim Drake, etc.
Batman Beyond?

abundant

I don't want a season 3 if it means a 40 year jump in time. Yuck.

I kind of agree. The time jump between s1 and s2 worked because it was long enough to introduce new characters, but small enough so it still felt familiar. A 40 year time jump is basically a new show.

JLU was amazing am not sure what sort of monster put stop to that, it would be dream come true to see that resurrected.

All of justice league is awesome, jlu is lot more awesomer.

Now lets hate on that meh superman Tas how mehh was that.

your face is meh, you meh face you.

Too much hype and they will just make a Superman cartoon instead of renewing YJ.

we need a new Superman Cartoon.

that'd be awesome.

Mononofu

Infinite Justice said:

My vision for the end of season 2 is for The Light to finally realize they F-up when they are betrayed by the reach. The Light will disband and some members may help in stopping the invasion.
The Team and JL will mostly be victorious in preventing the Reach apocalypse but at a high cost. I really hope there's a nice twist to set up the 40 yr jump.

It would awesome if the future is unalterable ala T3 but I don't see YJ going that dark. A lot of story threads have to be tied up too. I suppose If we didn't have to deal with this "hiatus" bs the show wouldn't feel like its dragging along.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I can't see season 3 happening after the comic got canned. Greg talked about a 40 year time jump if the show got renewed. Not sure how that would sell to studio execs.

Yeah I think this is endgame for us. I pointed out earlier that not a lot of DC animated went past 52 episodes. Even if this is the end, it's been a good run.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On a related note it kinda sucks that Ocean Master is only comic-based and eventually is removed for Black Manta.

My vision for the end of season 2 is for The Light to finally realize they F-up when they are betrayed by the reach. The Light will disband and some members may help in stopping the invasion.
The Team and JL will mostly be victorious in preventing the Reach apocalypse but at a high cost. I really hope there's a nice twist to set up the 40 yr jump.

It would awesome if the future is unalterable ala T3 but I don't see YJ going that dark. A lot of story threads have to be tied up too. I suppose If we didn't have to deal with this "hiatus" bs the show wouldn't feel like its dragging along.

Not bad.

And i could see Lex maybe saying "fuck this" since i assume the reason he would join the Light in the first place is to get the benefit of restarting humanity in terms of economy, etc and the Reach fucking up everything would not be worth it.

The Light bullshit should have been wrapped up season one. Cheapens the the Reach to partner with the Legion of Doom.

Tbf it still goes in line with the light's (retarded) goal but it was still funny to see it lasting so long already (4 years).

I wonder how Lex/Queen Bee were convinced given the goal would will take some time and everyone else in that group can live for a ridiculous amount of time/forever LOL (i can only assume the benefits of "restarting" humanity from a economical/social perspective as a reason tbh).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tbf it still goes in line with the light's (retarded) goal but it was still funny to see it lasting so long already (4 years).

I wonder how Lex/Queen Bee were convinced given the goal would will take some time and everyone else in that group can live for a ridiculous amount of time/forever LOL (i can only assume the benefits of "restarting" humanity from a economical/social perspective as a reason tbh).

Yeah, I honestly feel like they really didn't plan up to the Reach and only went so far to mindcontrol the League in S1. They didn't have this "working with Reach" idea until they met the Reach themselves. lol

Too bad the show is too "seriously business" cause an adaption of Sins of Youth would have been legendary.
I don't see what he'd do without Aquaman to play off of. Manta is better for this show with his connect to Kaldur.

Hmm true.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

abundant

Remember that time when a few panicked over YJ going to Boomerang? Well it was just temporary, because now that DC Nation has returned to CN, no more YJ on Boomerang.

Penguin

Rewatching season 1 in anticipation of season 2.5 (I don't know what you want to call it)

But really solid when not broken up by like a year and a half. Also missed a ton of hints about where MEgan developed her personality the first time through. But we know how it plays out.

-BLITZ-

It's coming! the next epsiode is so close :D I'm so glad about this. I've watch the entire series in two days on going and all began when I came across by watching random on Cartoon Network - Image Episode, even so I knew about Youg Justice from here when the OT was made. Their are so well design, the drawing especially on background looking very close to game concept arts, that it gave me huge interest into the cartoon after that, something that few cartoon go to such quality. Not a single hate or disturbance towards any of the characters I don't have, actually I really like watching them. And for the first time when secrets into a cartoon over the characters never remain hidden, unsolved or releaved like in Usual Suspects Episode.
Also, another huge interest the cartoon gave me is how strong, their personalities are build, each of them different from the other one near him, however the writer/writers made them to be so close, to care over each other and finally finding their couple in time, working exactly like an organized team, blending so great with each episode and with the main story, no to mention how they went with them into Season 2.

Gosh, I haven't watch a cartoon with such pleasure from Justice League Unlimited. I want more ^^

that much was obvious as was
miss martian not telling anyone what she read in his mind and instead acting all angst-y about it. should make for a fun few episodes.

Can't wait to see that moment :) is going to be so great.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Young Justice Speculation:
Miss Martian, after realizing she pretty much screwed the whole plan, doesn't tell anyone, which will make things even more complicated, meanwhile Kaldur is still in a coma, so his father doesn't know he's a double-agent still and wants to fucking murder MM.

Somebody is going to die next episode. I can feel it. Fits with the title. Everything is at its worst right before the Dawn.

Young Justice Speculation:
Miss Martian, after realizing she pretty much screwed the whole plan, doesn't tell anyone, which will make things even more complicated, meanwhile Kaldur is still in a coma, so his father doesn't know he's a double-agent still and wants to fucking murder MM.

Somebody is going to die next episode. I can feel it. Fits with the title. Everything is at its worst right before the Dawn.

The ep you are refering to here is the one where the
MM vs Kaldur stuff happened.

Remember the episode was pulled from CN before broadcast but was available on itunes for some to check out. Now with DC Nation being back they are going by that schedule again and so its basically a repeat for those who already saw it via tunes, etc

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ooooooh.

Well, poo.

Now watch the show being pulled again when we actually get to a new episode. :/

Just came to post that I've seen this week's episode from the iTunes leak. I was so hyped up for a new episode I forgot to check. Will definitely rewatch it though. One of my favourite episodes.

Imbarkus

I missed a few of the Season 2 eps. Where's the best place for some good synopses?

Imbarkus

The latest episode was the one that didn't air on tv but went to itunes right?

yep, its gonna air this saturday finally for everyone else to see.

Cool I guess I should have figured on wikis. Too bad season 2 part 1 isn't out already! They should have gotten it out in time for the holidays!

given how this thing went down i doubt something like that would be on the cards at that time LOL

Plus if it was that would have been really fucked up (we stopped it out of nowhere so you can buy part of the season before the rest of them returns).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Show returns tomorrow. If you haven't seen the episode and you have a DVR set to only record new episodes you might want to double check that it's set to record tomorrow's episode. The programming guide on my DirecTV DVR has tomorrow's episode listed as old with the original scheduled air date (Oct 13) credited as the first aired date.

Imbarkus

Show returns tomorrow. If you haven't seen the episode and you have a DVR set to only record new episodes you might want to double check that it's set to record tomorrow's episode. The programming guide on my DirecTV DVR has tomorrow's episode listed as old with the original scheduled air date (Oct 13) credited as the first aired date.

Ooh good tip. Thanks.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
we're back!

ah crap

this was the episode that leaked on itunes.

hype dead

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I was kinda expecting Tim to be in his pimp coat from the comics while in civvies mode

OK, black beetle sounded like he was on some rape shit with Cass. And nice to see that mgann finally sees that her actions have consequences

Also, gumball as gar is kinda blowing my mind.

I kind of agree. The time jump between s1 and s2 worked because it was long enough to introduce new characters, but small enough so it still felt familiar. A 40 year time jump is basically a new show.

If they can't get it renewed for a third season, I wonder if they'll be able to make a movie out of it instead.

I wonder who they would even use. Bart would probably be there, and Superboy isn't aging. Maybe we can get a YJ version of Terry McGinnis?

EDIT: Checked wikipedia, and assuming the years are accurate, Batman Beyond took place in 2039, or 40 years after its real world premier. So while the years would need to be different, Terry McGinnis is pretty plausible.

Top Bottom