• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Really? Man... I weep. Hopefully Beware the Batman can deliver... otherwise we are screwed in the action cartoon department.

Super excited to see Static! Wonder who the others kids'll turn out to be. I know Tye is supposed to be a take on Apache Chief, but any leads on the others?

Probably based off the super friends extras. So there's probably an el Dorado and samurai amongst them

And bumblebee needs to break it off with mal. This shit is getting painful to watch

VariantX

Well all the Mystery Inc animators have moved onto different shows (Mike Borkowski in particular is now on Beware the Batman), so it's kind of like Thundercats in that it would take a while for them to come back together to make more eps. It's as good as cancelled.

There's also no indication whatsoever when CN will air the remaining 13 eps of the season they started burning off weekdays in July.

As for Tron Uprising... http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/119976-tron-uprising-canceled.html

Ugh, Tron probably would have done better if they put it on basic cable.

vazel

Banned
I was excited to see the return of Zatanna and Marvel but that was a bit of a letdown. They had a good thing going in the first season but then they had to ruin it with the time jump. Honestly, I'm enjoying the DC Nation shorts more than YJ at this point.

xemumanic

What was that short that aired right before Yong Justice, but right after green Lantern? The one taking place in the 1800s with some girl who was posing as room service?

Slayven

What was that short that aired right before Yong Justice, but right after green Lantern? The one taking place in the 1800s with some girl who was posing as room service?
Batman of Shanghai.

EP was boring, Cap should have beat Despearo . I am tired of Young Fail. They can't even break even anymore.

ReiGun

I don't think the writers realize that over time, we're going to stop seeing the bad guys are cunning, and start just seeing the good guys as incompetent.

It wasn't interesting. It is (was... :( ) PHENOMENAL. It has a little bit of a rocky start but every episode since Scars has been downright amazing.

*pours 40*

Mal needs to nut up and just take the L. He's gotta realize she ain't feeling it by now.

something needs to happen. shes far more interested in ray palmer than she is in him.

going for that older flavor? LOL

The signs where there at the begininng of the skip but it looks like its getting worse.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't think the writers realize that over time, we're going to stop seeing the bad guys are cunning, and start just seeing the good guys as incompetent.

Actually I like how they're showing the Reach being so effective, it's much better than s1's "We're the Light so even though we lost this ep it turns out we actually won mwahaha." I really dig how they're turning the whole world against the heroes, it's like a more involved version of JLU s1.

Parallax

He is becoming Simp Lad.

easily. at least superboy could tell when he was being fucked with

going for that older flavor? LOL

The signs where there at the begininng of the skip but it looks like its getting worse.

that line where she asks why he was wearing guardians costume along with everything else should be a wake up call. she doesnt want him in her special world since hes just a regula dude.

Actually I like how they're showing the Reach being so effective, it's much better than s1's "We're the Light so even though we lost this ep it turns out we actually won mwahaha." I really dig how they're turning the whole world against the heroes, it's like a more involved version of JLU s1.

the more the reach are involved, the more i want peacemaker to show up.

smr00

Banned
So is the show still on the bubble? Cancelled? Renewed? Last time i checked back in like October it was not looking good.

So is the show still on the bubble? Cancelled? Renewed? Last time i checked back in like October it was not looking good.

Its back for now with the episodes they apparently had before that last hiatus (started again last week and a new episode just appeared earilier today).

So all we can do is just roll with the rest of the episodes for this season until something comes up (its cancelled or another season has been greenlit)

Dram

This is probably going to be like Scooby Doo and Thundercats where they don't officially cancel it. If it was greenlit for another season how long would it be for new episodes to come out? A year, two years?

Xiaoki

Eh, the whole "evil invading aliens using our retarded news media to discredit the heroes" thing has been done before and it gets old. If I want to see how awful our news media is I'll watch any cable news channel.

Also, G Gordon Godfrey is super annoying(sorry Tim Curry) and is just a lame rip off of J Jonah Jameson.

Eh, the whole "evil invading aliens using our retarded news media to discredit the heroes" thing has been done before and it gets old. If I want to see how awful our news media is I'll watch any cable news channel.

Also, G Gordon Godfrey is super annoying(sorry Tim Curry) and is just a lame rip off of J Jonah Jameson.

Glorious Godfrey took the G Gordon Godfrey as a direct reference to JJ. It's entirely the point that he is like this.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

They're not just using the media (in fact, we have no idea what the response to GGG's broadcasts is, who knows if anyone is even listening to him?) They're also turning up the heat from the government, which is more what I was getting at (hence the JLU comparison.)

Shapingo

Batman of Shanghai.

EP was boring, Cap should have beat Despearo . I am tired of Young Fail. They can't even break even anymore.

Despero is a lot stronger than Captain Marvel. I have only seen him lose one on one to Starro.
http://www.comicvine.com/despero/29-9548/

1174066-despero_takesall_1.jpg

Parallax

I swear you could feel his heart breaking.

You could probably Simpsons that shit

There's also some speculation that because "Samurai" is female and had a pinkish-purple energy signature, she may actually be Traci Thirteen. With such a strong focus on Blue Beetle this season, it would make sense to bring his girlfriend in.

Which is why peacemaker appearing would be appropriate

Its pretty hilarious that's its slay you say that to.

Xiaoki

Glorious Godfrey took the G Gordon Godfrey as a direct reference to JJ. It's entirely the point that he is like this.

I know who Glorious Godfrey is.

And it doesnt make him any less annoying as a character.

Also, Tim Curry's rough voice doesnt seem the right fit, its easier to listen to the ramblings when its done by JK Simmons.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So this is like... classic Despero design? My only knowledge of the character is JL, Trinity, and BatB.

Finally got to watch it on iTunes today, thank god for new episodes but yea at the rate they are losing bases, the next episode will have them blowing up the watchtower lol

well, this is Young Justice, growing pains and all that.

it has been done. this very storyline is called "Legends" it was done in 1986.

I don't know what I just read but.... yeah.

So this is like... classic Despero design? My only knowledge of the character is JL, Trinity, and BatB.

it's the more current design yes.

Top Bottom