• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

suaveric

How many episodes are left in this season? I feel like it's less than ten. (Edit: I checked, there's 8 episodes left) I feel like more and more plot threads keep getting added, how the heck can they wrap this all up?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Deathstrokes ponytail is not a rocking look. That was crap. Heres hoping that Jericho or ravager show up.

Slayven

Deathstrokes ponytail is not a rocking look. That was crap. Heres hoping that Jericho or ravager show up.
Shit son, I thought that was the best design since pirate Deathstroke.

I know they said that every planet has a scarab, but i mean how many will pop out and do something?
A lot, in the comics The Guardians have a treaty with The Reach since a beetle is match for a Green Lantern.

abundant

A lot, in the comics The Guardians have a treaty with The Reach since a beetle is match for a Green Lantern.

There's an episode of Brave and the Bold where Blue Beetle defeats the Reach and their Beetle Army, who were attacking the Green Lantern Corp. One of the best episodes from that series IMO.

Kreed

Does Green Beetle actually exist though or is he a Young Justice creation? I can't find a wiki on the character or anything, but maybe DC pulled him from the archives? Also do all Martians have Martian Manhunter's abilities? Because if so, Green Beetle just became stronger than all of the league excluding Flash.

MartyStu

I hope the Kaldur arc goes somewhere less obvious.

I would LOVE it if 'Psimon' is actually Miss Martian. I can see her and Superboy hatching this plan...

Slayven

There's an episode of Brave and the Bold where Blue Beetle defeats the Reach and their Beetle Army, who were attacking the Green Lantern Corp. One of the best episodes from that series IMO.
Happen just like that in the comic.

Does Green Beetle actually exist though or is he a Young Justice creation? I can't find a wiki on the character or anything, but maybe DC pulled him from the archives? Also do all Martians have Martian Manhunter's abilities? Because if so, Green Beetle just became stronger than all of the league excluding Flash.
No green beetle because 99% of Martians are dead in the comics. Yes all Martians have the same abilities. MM has beaten the league several times by himself .

Damn it Arsenal!
Why the hell did you have to go off mission?

He should be suspended from all future field missions. AND GET THAT ARM LOOKED AT TOO!

Damn it Arsenal!
Why the hell did you have to go off mission?

He should be suspended from all future field missions. AND GET THAT ARM LOOKED AT TOO!

I'm kinda surprised Lex and the Reach didn't use the recorded footage of the team infiltrating facility to slander the League even further.

That laser cannon of Arsenal's is probably a tracker for Lex to keep an eye out for the team.

Green Beetle is awesome, could have done with less Blue Beetle and the rest of the C tier heroes except Tim. Hope we get another season because they cannot wrap up an invasion in 8 more episodes or so. Not to mention what the hell is the JL doing off world for that long.

Wonder if Lex will be successful in getting Static and the rest.

VeeP

I'm glad we got an episode with a focus on Tim & Co. Its a shame he doesn't have his own solo comic series atm. If Young Justice gets another season, I would love to see a short time skip. One with the introduction of Damian, and a more confident Tim Drake (Red Robin?).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Red Robin and Damian would be amazing additions. I'm afraid Weisman will do something drastic, like that 30 year timeskip or whatever ridiculous number he's said he wants to do.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I hope the Kaldur arc goes somewhere less obvious.

I would LOVE it if 'Psimon' is actually Miss Martian. I can see her and Superboy hatching this plan...

That would be very cool, also maybe rewriting Kaldur to be Evil would be interesting.

Red Robin and Damian would be amazing additions. I'm afraid Weisman will do something drastic, like that 30 year timeskip or whatever ridiculous number he's said he wants to do.

What time skip? I hadn't heard they had planned to do another one.

VeeP

That´s horrible and it would not be young justice anymore. Unless their children take the role. What a crap idea.

I tried finding the source with a quick google source, but was unable too. I'm on my phone right now so when I get on my laptop ill try and find where the "40 year skip" was stated.

However, I would like to point out two things. One, wasn't Impulse from 40 years into the future? And two, Greg W. hasn't dissapointed me yet. Gargoyles was great, Spectacular Spider-Man was great, Young Justice has been great, and the time skip & Season 2 have been awesome.

Still, it would be a shame for a massive time jump :/. So many stories could be told involving the current cast. Static, Wonder Girl, Super Boy, Stephanie Brown, Deathstroke, Nightwing, Bart, etc.

barrbarr

I know this wouldn't happen, but I would love a time skip that would rocket us to Legion of Super-Heroes.

If by some miracle they make a season 3 I would like them to focus on the original team again. My biggest fear is that they end this season on a cliff hanger that will never get resolved.

Mononofu

If they would like to throw out the left over viewers they have, sure.

As if that was the problem before. Ratings and comic book sales were solid.

Another great episode btw. Arsenal is my new favorite character, In just two episodes he's far more interesting then the tool bag that is La'gaan. Green beetle's appearance came across a little odd. Not a big deal but it seemed like there should have been some set up for him at the start.

The Amethysts short are stellar so no guilt or shame in my love. Creepy tree had me in stitches. It sad to think we could be getting 20 minutes of original shows like these instead of crap TT.

If I recall correctly, he stated if Young Justice was renewed for another season he would like to do a 40 year time skip.

So a team of Terry McGinnis, maybe Conner Hawke. Iris West Impulse perhaps? Superboy and Miss Martian would still be youthful enough for field work. Who else would fit?

No season 3 is a loss on their end if viewer numbers stay stable. I hope all the set up episodes work out in the end because I'm not feeling all too comfortable with the team's success in season 2.

Effect

Aqualad is screwed isn't he? It would be cool if his dad tried to protect him after finding out though.

I get the feeling like that could happen. The show makes a point to show that Black Manta genuinely cares about Aqualad in his own way. There is actual father to son love there. How much Aqualad cares about BM is still questionable. They went out of their way to compare Black Manta with Sportsmaster in how they feel about their children. So if Black Manta finds out Aqualad is a spy I think he'll be angry but I doubt he's going to report it or turn his son over.

Still hate the weird fake Reach slang, like mode and crash, it sounds stupid as hell, and it is really overused.
I think it's pretty shway brah. The Green Beetle is a welcome surprise. Loving this focus on Blue Beetle and the Reach. Hope Wondergirl, Babs and Lagoon Boy get more spotlight. Statics time is coming.

Still hate the weird fake Reach slang, like mode and crash, it sounds stupid as hell, and it is really overused.

I like it when Impulse use it. Since it really makes him seem sound from the future.

Arsenal is also pretty cool, I hope for things with him and red arrow in the future. He doesn't seem to hold a grudge to him for stealing his life.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So like, how many episodes til the show is over?

Also hilariously enough McDonalds here are selling Happy Meal toys with Young Justice. Guess the roster... it's
Superman, Batman, Superboy, Robin
lol

Top Bottom