• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Slayven

Fun fact, Despearo was once a member of the Justice League.

JRBaU.jpg

Didn't know the season started up again until a few days ago. Anyways I wish Superboy had a better role than to be a punching bag for the super villains when he fights.

The fact that he only has average super strength and a super jump is very boring. Get some more patches from Luthor or something.

Man I cannot wait for the team breakdown when the plan Nightwing made goes down the drain and the entire team finds out. That and maybe a bit more focus on characters not named Blue Beetle and/or Impulse.

shaowebb

Fun fact, Despearo was once a member of the Justice League.

JRBaU.jpg

YES! SOMEONE BESIDES ME KNOWS THE RAY!
I've been a fan since the Destiny's Hand 4 part in 1993 when I picked up my first DC comic and saw him in it. I'm still pushing for him to be in the fighting game Injustice Gods Among Us too (not a chance in hell).

Glad to see others remember him. Had he came out any other time when dudes weren't appearing and disappearing so fast he would have gotten way bigger. Hell he was huge up until 1996 or so then just sort of disappeared and only popped up in backgrounds or in teams needing visual flair to boost sales. The latter trend meant he kept getting shoved into comics that died out and I think it got him sidelined more than anything else out of the main stage. Had they not done that I think he'd be one of the bigs right now. His first 3 years he was in everything and was hot stuff on the rack.

I've been a fan since the Destiny's Hand 4 part in 1993 when I picked up my first DC comic and saw him in it. I'm still pushing for him to be in the fighting game Injustice Gods Among Us too (not a chance in hell).

Glad to see others remember him. Had he came out any other time when dudes weren't appearing and disappearing so fast he would have gotten way bigger. Hell he was huge up until 1996 or so then just sort of disappeared and only popped up in backgrounds or in teams needing visual flair to boost sales. The latter trend meant he kept getting shoved into comics that died out and I think it got him sidelined more than anything else out of the main stage. Had they not done that I think he'd be one of the bigs right now. His first 3 years he was in everything and was hot stuff on the rack.

I can't believe the character is still around. I read the Joe Quesada mini a ways back (when it came out in issue form actually). I liked it back then, and I preferred his less liney style too. Is it still the son of the original Ray? or Ghost Ray?

Slayven

that was L-Ron inside Despero's body though right?
then I think he joined the JLA with wonder woman leading after Zero Hour?

I miss Justice league task force, and Justice league Europe. actually I miss 90s DC. maybe they didn't sell as much as 90s Marvel but it was a very cohesive universe.
Yeah, when L-Ron could only access like 1/3 of Despearo's power.

Been a fan of the Ray since he had sex with Black Canary.

Also, G Gordon Godfrey is super annoying(sorry Tim Curry) and is just a lame rip off of J Jonah Jameson.

To me, Godfrey is such an obvious Glen Beck parody that I'm waiting for him to pull out a chalkboard full of nonsense. Also, his set and graphics are highly inspired by the Colbert Report.

abundant

No clips or screens yet? Is this going back on hiatus?

People need to stop worrying about it going on hiatus again. CN is not Disney, they have a (somewhat) reliable schedule. Unless something goes wrong, like running out of finished episodes or some BS happening over at WB, the rest of season 2 will have aired before May. There may be a few small breaks (1 - 3 weeks), but that''s it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
CN... have a (somewhat) reliable schedule.

ZdZBG.gif
ZdZBG.gif
ZdZBG.gif

You're right, CN is not Disney. CN removes and an entire block from the schedule the day it's supposed to air, while Disney airs sublime shows like Tron Uprising with only a single break.

People need to stop worrying about it going on hiatus again. CN is not Disney, they have a (somewhat) reliable schedule. Unless something goes wrong, like running out of finished episodes or some BS happening over at WB, the rest of season 2 will have aired before May. There may be a few small breaks (1 - 3 weeks), but that''s it.

I was half-joking on that point, but the last time they didn't put out preview images the day before a new episode was when they pulled DC Nation for four months after a two week run.

abundant

ZdZBG.gif
ZdZBG.gif
ZdZBG.gif

You're right, CN is not Disney. CN removes and an entire block from the schedule the day it's supposed to air, while Disney airs sublime shows like Tron Uprising with only a single break.

WTF? Tron has had two big breaks in it's first season. After only six episodes, it went on a three month break. Then three more episode later, a month long break.

Or what about Gravity falls, where after 12 episodes, they went on a near four month long break.

And please read before posting, the abrupt hiatus for DC Nation wasn''t CN's fault, it was some BS stuff going on at WB.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Then cancels the show after a break :)

CN beats Disney at scheduling, Disney beats CN on actually letting people watch their stuff. They're both terrible in different ways.

WTF? Tron has had two big breaks in it's first season. After only six episodes, it went on a three month break. Then three more episode later, a month long break.

Or what about Gravity falls, where after 12 episodes, they went on a near four month long break.

And please read before posting, the abrupt hiatus for DC Nation wasn''t CN's fault, it was some BS stuff going on at WB.

Then explain Mystery Inc.

EXPLAIN MYSTERY INC TO ME RIGHT NOW

abundant

Then explain Mystery Inc.

EXPLAIN MYSTERY INC TO ME RIGHT NOW

So one show with an incoincident schedule means they have an incoincident schedule for every show?

What about Tron, GF, Phineas and Ferb, Motorcity... All those shows have had random month long breaks or they just air new episodes at random (P & F).

CN has a schedule, I know every fall that a new Clone Wars or Ben 10 season will start. I know that they'll have a Winter break. I know they'll have a few smaller breaks during the spring. I rarely have to go check to see if the next episode is new.

The same goes for the majority of their shows, like DC Nation. As long as something outside of CN's hands doesn't happen, then they won't go on random month long breaks.

abundant

e5YuU.gif

And where are the other 11 episodes?

Don't know, that's not what we're talking about. I pointed out how even with a show they don't like, they don't randomly pull it off the air after two episodes, like they did with DC Nation. That's why the WB power struggle is a more believable reason for DC Nation getting abruptly pulled.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Really looking forward to the DVD release on Tuesday to catch me up! Reading synopses is way less fun.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So one show with an incoincident schedule means they have an incoincident schedule for every show?

What about Tron, GF, Phineas and Ferb, Motorcity... All those shows have had random month long breaks or they just air new episodes at random (P & F).

CN has a schedule, I know every fall that a new Clone Wars or Ben 10 season will start. I know that they'll have a Winter break. I know they'll have a few smaller breaks during the spring. I rarely have to go check to see if the next episode is new.

The same goes for the majority of their shows, like DC Nation. As long as something outside of CN's hands doesn't happen, then they won't go on random month long breaks.

What about generator rex? Strong tie in, hyped crossover with one of their biggest shows. And they pull it before the final four episodes with no reasoning and air them months later at a dead time

Raxus

Nice to see Papa Kent. No clue why Tim 'covered' for Arsenal. I liked the Princess Sapphire short waaaay more than I should. The
Green Beetle is a trap to get Blue back in mode
. Impulse should be in more episodes, makes up for the lack of Wally.

Aqualad can't catch a break can he?

Effect

Get the feeling Robin wants to show Nightwing he can handle command and his team. Doesn't want to complain to him about a problem when he feels he can handle it himself. This might come back to bite him if Arsenal gets to be to much to handle though. Or keeping this team together might be good for Arsenal as he doesn't really have anyone he can connect to anymore or trust. Robin not saying anything to Nightwing might have an impact on him. It's an interesting team line up though.

Aqualad can't catch a break at all. I wonder if Psimon will keep it to himself for his own plans and not tell anyone. Reprogramming Aqualad is to obvious of a thing. Is this the first time
Deathstroke
has appeared?

Penguin

So with
Psimon in Kaldur's head
this either means Artemis will be discovered or Aqualad will truly turn villainous

I think what will likely happen
Discovers that he is a mole, and uses that to their advantage over the team by making him think still has the upper hand.

Also, it's nice to see dominate villains, and not just in the.. Light always had the back-up plan, but in we can kick your ass one-on several fights. Though
Not sure what to think of the Green Beetle, clearly seems like a trap, but who knows.

Top Bottom