• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

From 2010 interview with Bruce Timm - also no more female animated films
http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/movie-news/2010/4/25/exclusive-interview-with-bruce-timm.html

....a batgirl film based on Year One
... FUCK ME!!! I would have LOVED the crap out of that! Me and my friends all wanted something like that!

I mad ... :mad:
Well now what am I supposed to watch!?

Is there any other super hero cartoons on air right now? Im not really in the loop!
Transformers Prime is coming back soon I think. On their 3rd or 4th season I think and it's getting better and better all the time.
There's clone wars if you haven't watched that yet.

... Tron and MC are going-going-gone, Korra's a disappointing pile of trash, Marvel let the wrong guy run their cartoons these days so anything they make now is crud ... but if you plan on still supporting Cartoon Network after shitting on all the things we love there's Batman I guess (Though THAT looks nasty and it makes me rage that they decided to do that instead of the Bat-Fam series).

Soooooooooooo ... I hope you like magic girl anime?

Tizoc

It's over brahs, just let it go. This show is never coming back. Go do something more productive and bombard Mattel on how they make shirty, overpriced toys and can't maintain a toy line. They need to go ducking under those cunts.

And I lived that brahs designs for the Crime Sndicate of Amerika.

You already added your vote/entry in those links huh brah?

Mononofu

Descriptions are up for the next four episodes

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP01550177&t=Young+Justice%3A+Invasion&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on

"Complications"

Black Manta gives Miss Martian twenty-four hours to live.

Oh damn.

"Runaways" images and clip

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2013/01/30/media-descriptions-for-new-episodes-of-young-justice-green-lantern-the-animated-series-dc-nation-4/

tumblr_mhebsnpPW81qdj9xxo1_1280.png

I signed the petition for what its worth. All in vain, all in vain....

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
You can get season two on blu ray aswell.

Oh shit. I guess I would know this from all those ads for it on DC Nation and the trailers in all their other stuff.

Okay anyway I gotta go buy that now....

Imagine if the two new shows launched a two-hour block with these existing shows. No new show would be hated for replacing the previously cancelled one, and the viewership might actually grow as the timeslot became a destination.

Not cancelling these shows is in their best interest. They just don't know it yet.

Here's the link again, we should repost it now and then: https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-warner-bros-bring-back-young-justice-and-green-lantern-the-animated-series

Brickhunt

I signed the petition to arise awareness, I have no hope of them continuing the show because I'm pretty sure production stopped last year some time. It's the same situation with Thundercats. If the production crew were to be reassembled, it would take at least two years for the show to come back. By that point, the momentum would be already lost.

However, I do hope the support shows Warner that the YJ-universe built by Weissman and the writing staff is worth continuing. I do love a proper Justice League cartoon picking up hooks left by Young Justice, like the Jason Todd/Red Hood. Like a second generation of DCAU.

The same for Green Lantern Animated Series. I hope that, despite the end of production, it's universe be picked by other shows. At least a CGi DCU.

I loved how Avengers: EMH took place in the same universe as, despite it's cancellation, of Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon. Too bad they are building a new horrible universe now, courtesy of Loeb.

... FUCK ME!!! I would have LOVED the crap out of that! Me and my friends all wanted something like that!

I mad ... :mad:

Transformers Prime is coming back soon I think. On their 3rd or 4th season I think and it's getting better and better all the time.
There's clone wars if you haven't watched that yet.

... Tron and MC are going-going-gone, Korra's a disappointing pile of trash, Marvel let the wrong guy run their cartoons these days so anything they make now is crud ... but if you plan on still supporting Cartoon Network after shitting on all the things we love there's Batman I guess (Though THAT looks nasty and it makes me rage that they decided to do that instead of the Bat-Fam series).

Soooooooooooo ... I hope you like magic girl anime?

Whats 'MC'? I wastch Tron, its pretty decent, but over now I think. Transformers Prime isnt Beasties/Beast Wars, so it doesnt matter to me! I need Primals not Autobots!

Also, none of these are super hero cartoons! so they dont count anyway!

Descriptions are up for the next four episodes

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP01550177&t=Young+Justice%3A+Invasion&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on

"Complications"

Black Manta gives Miss Martian twenty-four hours to live.

Oh damn.

"Runaways" images and clip

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2013/01/30/media-descriptions-for-new-episodes-of-young-justice-green-lantern-the-animated-series-dc-nation-4/

tumblr_mhebsnpPW81qdj9xxo1_1280.png

Probably in Vain.... When does this show come on? I have to say I have been using those watch (show name here ) . com sites. They usually are used for anime etc...

I know it comes on CN but what time?

Not Young Justice but...

After checking the recent story trailer for Injustice: Gods among us , i decided to read up on the prequel comics and HOLY FUCKING SHIT :O.

That alone might get me interested in playing the game.

I just saw Season 2 Episode 3

much better than the first two episodes but I really miss season 1's team dynamic. Artemis and Wally are sorely missed. Really nice to see Dick become Nightwing though. That made me happy. But man this show needs Wally back.

the creature from the black lagoon is shit, kill him.

edit: hell I'd actually say episode 3 was one of the best of the series so far. To see the entire bat-team together made me smile. As did wondergirl and wonderwoman

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
just finished Season 2 Part 1 DVD. So good!

Sigh. You guys remember when these shows aired on Kids WB instead of Cartoon Network. Man. So many seasons, for even the weakest of shows, the good old days...

Slayven

Whats 'MC'? I wastch Tron, its pretty decent, but over now I think. Transformers Prime isnt Beasties/Beast Wars, so it doesnt matter to me! I need Primals not Autobots!

Also, none of these are super hero cartoons! so they dont count anyway!

the new season of TF Prime is subtitled Beast Hunters.

Imbarkus

I doubt it, unless they were told ahead of time this was their last season.

If you're airing on Cartoon Network, it would be smart to go ahead and assume every season will be their last season.

Story-structure-wise, I hope they resolve the primary conflicts of Season 2, and expect them to lay the groundwork of intrigue for the possibly-upcoming events for the season we'll never see.

That's how they ended the first season.

EdmondD

I knew it would be cancelled. Seems we all did. I was just hoping we would have at the very least got a third season. Just one more season and I would have been satisfied. Damn it.

Another thing that gets me is the continued myopic decisions by management. They need to launch a SBFF show. Pair it up with Teen Titans Go after a while and have them both in fifteen minute blocks ala Adventure Time and Tegular Show. It's got a great art style and a ton of charm. You can expand your audience and introduce underused characters to people at the same time. Lauren Faust is a proven commodity at making crossover appeal animation. And you can sell toys and whit, WITHOUT MATTEL. Get on that shit WB/CN. I just made you a billion million dollars.

God damn Kaldur is such a G. I'm so glad he was only undercover and that Artemis didn't die.

Fuck that swamp monster, so glad he got captured. I hope he dies soon. M'Gann is becoming an asshole too and somehow Superboy is...redeemed. Like he's actually a tolerable and enjoyable character now.

I kind of want a family Flash series now (loved seeing wally back in the suit, even if he de-aged by 5 years for some reason). And a show with the whole Bat team.

clearly I am behind on this series, please don't spoil me.

Mononofu

Another thing that gets me is the continued myopic decisions by management. They need to launch a SBFF show. Pair it up with Teen Titans Go after a while and have them both in fifteen minute blocks ala Adventure Time and Tegular Show. It's got a great art style and a ton of charm. You can expand your audience and introduce underused characters to people at the same time. Lauren Faust is a proven commodity at making crossover appeal animation. And you can sell toys and whit, WITHOUT MATTEL. Get on that shit WB/CN. I just made you a billion million dollars.

B-but little boys won't watch cartoons with female leads!

It's fucking disgraceful that they canned Batgirl for the same reason they canned the live action Wonder Woman film. "people don't like females in action roles"

and yet wonder woman managed to be one of their best selling titles? Fuck corporate

edit: I mean Batwoman

Imbarkus

It's fucking disgraceful that they canned Batgirl for the same reason they canned the live action Wonder Woman film. "people don't like females in action roles"

and yet wonder woman managed to be one of their best selling titles? Fuck corporate

For some reason, they appear to be making judgments based on HOW FAST these things sell. Maybe we didn't get out there and buy Young Justice S2P1 DVD fast enough or something. It's idiotic.

I just hope I don't have to make my own custom S2P2 DVD, like I had to with all of Legion of Super Heroes Season 2 (and will be doing with Zeta Project and Static Shock).

-----------------------------------

EDIT: Recent Statement from Cartoon Network in response to fan uproar: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2013/02/01/cartoon-network-dc-comics-releases-statement-on-young-justice-green-lantern-the-animated-series-ending/

“Thank you to all our fans for expressing just how much they love DC Nation on Cartoon Network. There’s still more new Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series to enjoy in the coming weeks. And DC Nation isn’t going anywhere; there will be plenty of new adventures coming your way later this year.”

So in other words "thanks for helping us launch this programming block, now fuck the programs you responded to, watch our new shit, peons. And buy some fucking toys."

Fuck this response.

Oh yeah mr corporate brah when I think of great adventures I think of some anime knockoff from 2003. Kids still where trucker hats and listen to Linkin Park right?

And fuck Mattel and your shitty overpriced toys. Thirty bucks for two flaccid penis sized figures and some plastic do hickeys? I'll see you cunts at the New York toy fair in two weeks.

Pein

Banned
probably not gonna help but I turned all the tv's in my house on to young justice. I think I'm gonna buy the seasons on itunes too.

Gartooth

What the heck!? I knew something would be wrong with
BB after Green messed with his scarab, but I didn't expect this!

Top Bottom