• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Moondrop

Banned
I'm kind of glad the Blue Beetle show- oops, I mean Young Justice- is canceled.

The first season was awesome, but this season has been uneven at best. Better to put it out of its misery while we still have some fond memories than let it become even worse.

Look on the bright side, Teen Titans is coming back!

Brickhunt

The first season was awesome, but this season has been uneven at best. Better to put it out of its misery while we still have some fond memories than let it become even worse.

Well. Opinion are opinions.

But you do realize that this is not the same Teen Titan show you used to watch before, right? It's a new show completely focused in comedy. You are not getting a continuation from the old show. You are getting a comedic spin-off.

TT had a long, successful run that ran it's course with maybe one untapped main character arc left in it for the main cast.

TT GO! Is a collection of the "kinda funny ... i guess?" manga humor they used to spice up the show in lax time ... and nothing else that made the show what we loved.

Moondrop

Banned
But you do realize that this is not the same Teen Titan show you used to watch before, right? It's a new show completely focused in comedy. You are not getting a continuation from the old show. You are getting a comedic spin-off.

I do realize that, but
1) it has the same voice actors, so it can't be completely new,
2) people seem to forget how much comedy and chibi animation was in the Teen Titans series, and
3) that Teen Titans series was the best superhero cartoon since 90's Batman.

*ducks*

Edit: I don't think we should judge Teen Titans Go based off the shorts; let's give it a fair chance.

SmokeMaxX

I do realize that, but
2) people seem to forget how much comedy and chibi animation was in the Teen Titans series, and

*ducks*

Have there been previews of the new Teen Titans released? Or are we just speculating it will be bad?

They've talked about dumbing it down and not focusing on plots/storylines. It'll be more about how the characters interact in their daily lives- like school and whatnot.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I do realize that, but

*ducks*

Edit: I don't think we should judge Teen Titans Go based off the shorts; let's give it a fair chance.

Wow... Now I really want to punch a Teen Titan fan.

ZoddGutts

Eh, Teen Titans wasn't bad as people say, it had it's moments. Plus liked the characters more than the one's in Young Justice. The Teen Titans formula was perfected in the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which happens to be better than Young Justice so far. Some of the Teen Titans crew went on to make the new TMNT show. Not sure if the new Teen Titans GO! show will be good though.

evilwart

I think a lot of characters have gone to waste in season 2 due to the size of the cast. The old team (even ones who are longer team members) are still the primary focus of the show, meaning many of the new members have been overshadowed. Blue Beetle and Impulse are really the only characters from the new team to get any focus. With the first season only having 6-8 team members, each character got more attention and at least one episode that focused on them. In season 2 Wonder Girl, Batgirl, Beast Boy, etc haven't had much of a presence and with only a couple of episodes left probably won't get any.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
But I bet you would deny that video games lead to violence. ;)

Anyway, I'm not here to troll; I just wanted to see if people were enjoying this season. I'll leave y'all to commiserate in peace.

Jumping into a thread about a show that just got cancelled and going "I'M GLAD IT GOT CANCELED" is trolling.

Get out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But I bet you would deny that video games lead to violence. ;)

Anyway, I'm not here to troll; I just wanted to see if people were enjoying this season. I'll leave y'all to commiserate in peace.

Nah, I would actually argue that it might not lead to violence but it does give a certain group of people to rise/be aggressive, much as how TT opinions make me want to kick people. :)

But you know what was worse back then? People thinking TT is part of the DCAU canon and Deathstroke being Bruce lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
According to my DVR, the next episode is just called "War."

ibaJVq8KL3oM6R.gif

I think a lot of characters have gone to waste in season 2 due to the size of the cast. The old team (even ones who are longer team members) are still the primary focus of the show, meaning many of the new members have been overshadowed. Blue Beetle and Impulse are really the only characters from the new team to get any focus. With the first season only having 6-8 team members, each character got more attention and at least one episode that focused on them. In season 2 Wonder Girl, Batgirl, Beast Boy, etc haven't had much of a presence and with only a couple of episodes left probably won't get any.

should have dropped blue beetle, swamp asshole and batgirl. and focused more on the other new ones (including new robin)

i like blue beetle but there's way too much focus on the dude

Mal dry begging in the middle of a fight for your world? Alpha Simp level achieved.

Truth.

Mongol went down like a chump. Also, what the heck is The Lights plan, its not made any sense ,just that they always win. The Krolotarians, the Reach and now Mongol, why partner up with these if all they ever want to do is take over the Earth

Slayven

I was thinking that today.. it's like they have carved out a lot of hollow victories, but have been 2-3 steps behind all season.

And physical fights just get dominated in
They were 2-3 steps behind the first season. Now the bad guys are literally telling them what to do and they do it.

Penguin

They were 2-3 steps behind the first season. Now the bad guys are literally telling them what to do and they do it.

I feel like season 1 was different, the villains were ahead, the heroes weren't behind... if makes sense. Like season 1, the Light had 20 back-up plans.

This is literally the heroes doing what the villains want every week

Gartooth

I would have been fine if it's just the Reach, but I'm getting really sick of the Light always being 100 steps ahead of everyone else.

Also where the heck is Wally? I hate that he is the only one from the original team members, to basically be sidelined for the entire season. (he only appeared as Kid Flash in one episode, and even then he was overshadowed by Impulse)

Penguin

I would have been fine if it's just the Reach, but I'm getting really sick of the Light always being 100 steps ahead of everyone else.

Also where the heck is Wally? I hate that he is the only one from the original team members, to basically be sidelined for the entire season. (he only appeared as Kid Flash in one episode, and even then he was overshadowed by Impulse)

At this point, and I could be slow, I don't have any idea WHAT the Light's plans are. They seem to be playing all parties off of each other, but what is the ultimate goal here.

They're going to have to drag him and Clone Roy out of retirement now. The Team is literally down to just Nightwing.

Mononofu

Man "war" was fantastic! Too bad we didn't get a full 26 season. I'm sure the Rimbor trial would have been fleshed out a little more along with the newer members of the team.

GL was great also. It sucks what they did to Aye imo. Seems like the shows first real misstep. I guess time will tell.

number47

Truth.

Mongol went down like a chump. Also, what the heck is The Lights plan, its not made any sense ,just that they always win. The Krolotarians, the Reach and now Mongol, why partner up with these if all they ever want to do is take over the Earth
You're missing the point. The light nudged mongul to attempt to destroy earth before the reach get too powerful and take over. The light isn't really partnering with anyone. Rather I see it theyare speeding up hhuman evolution to have a army to take the universe. Also using the reach has two advantage. They are better at public relations and the lanterns can't interrupt at all.

abundant

You're missing the point. The light nudged mongul to attempt to destroy earth before the reach get too powerful and take over. The light isn't really partnering with anyone. Rather I see it theyare speeding up hhuman evolution to have a army to take the universe. Also using the reach has two advantage. They are better at public relations and the lanterns can't interrupt at all.

This makes sense. The Light brainwashed the League and sent their "big guns" to do some atrocities in outer space, thus taking them out of the picture. They partnered up with the Krolotarians to either get the Reaches attention or help the Reach get to earth. They teamed up with the Reach for the PR, to keep the remaining heroes busy, and to keep the Green Lantern Corp away from earth. They manipulated Mongul to attack earth and thin out the Reaches ranks so they don't get too powerful/expose them as liars who have attack ships on earth.

The Light is up to something big and they are manipulating everyone to do it.

FUCKING BLUE.

Silly Junior... Yeah have fun with Teen Titans Go.

I have been wondering about the same thing. Why would the light work so hard so someone else can control the earth. It does not make sense. It´s not like the Light can fight the Reach or Mongol anyway.

Forcing the Reach to reveal their invasion fleet was a big part of how Blue Beetle defeated them in his own comic, so I can see that as part of the Light's gambit.

The most logical goals for the light seem to be:

1- Acquire the means to produce their own super powered soldiers
2- Remove the Justice League from the board
3- Weaken legitimate authorities in order to supplant them.

This makes sense. The Light brainwashed the League and sent their "big guns" to do some atrocities in outer space, thus taking them out of the picture. They partnered up with the Krolotarians to either get the Reaches attention or help the Reach get to earth. They teamed up with the Reach for the PR, to keep the remaining heroes busy, and to keep the Green Lantern Corp away from earth. They manipulated Mongul to attack earth and thin out the Reaches ranks so they don't get too powerful/expose them as liars who have attack ships on earth.

The Light is up to something big and they are manipulating everyone to do it.

Who are they, and are they powerful?

SykoTech

Mal was hilarious.

Speak for yourself. I'm somewhat disappointed that a number of characters are going to waste this season (Kid Flash, Beast Boy, Zatanna, and Wondergirl in particular), but its still had a lot of high notes.

Look on the bright side, Teen Titans is coming back

Like hell that's a bright side. And that's coming from a big TT fan.

If they were picking up from that Terra cliffhanger, then I might agree.

its those Little Yellow aliens in the beginning.

Seems they were used to get the attention of the Reach due to their rivalry

Not at all, the Reach is thousands of time more dangerous.

Group of earth based super villains. Probably to lead by darkseid or one of Superman's enemies. Brainaic maybe due to the good probabilities guessing.
Thanks a lot guys.
Powerful ,I guess cuz they are smarter than the league.
Who isn´t? Lol. The League in this show is made of idiots. Not even Batman can deduce anything.

Top Bottom