• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I do realize that, but
1) it has the same voice actors, so it can't be completely new,
2) people seem to forget how much comedy and chibi animation was in the Teen Titans series, and
3) that Teen Titans series was the best superhero cartoon since 90's Batman.

wow. no. no it wasnt.

I've never watched this show outside of two or three single, scattered episodes. Does anyone know if they will ever put out the entire seasons on dvd/bluray?

I've never watched this show outside of two or three single, scattered episodes. Does anyone know if they will ever put out the entire seasons on dvd/bluray?

The entire first season is out in four parts or two and the first half of this season is out also.

from the wiki.

Young Justice Season 1

Season One, Volume One (4 eps)
Season One, Volume Two (4 eps)
Season One, Volume Three (4 eps)
Young Justice: 3-Pack Fun (vol 1 + vol 2 + vol 3)
Young Justice: Dangerous Secrets (the rest)

Season 2
Young Justice: Invasion – Destiny Calling: Season 2 Part 1 (10 eps)

Edit: Oh I see. Why would they not just collect them in seasons?

i edited my post where you can now get the first season in 2 parts.

seems they were doing the usual (sell them piecemeal then bundle in one after a time) but something might have went wrong since Dangerous Secrets has all of the remaining season 1 eps. It could have been due to those hiatuses it had.

As for waiting, im not so sure since its cancelled so we might just see a release for the rest of season 2 and they will leave it at that (i.e 2 parts for season one + 2 parts for season 2) but we'll see

Brickhunt

Man Nightwing is useless.
I hope that, with most of the team taken out (Assuming Blue Beetle captured them), he is forced to go into the frontlines (And fight Deathstroke, I hope). He, Arsenal and Lagoon Boy are pretty much the only members left. Hopefully Kid Flash also gets out of retirement too.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This is one of the few super hero series in which the bad guys are actually competent and the good guys have to work truly hard for a win. I can't complain that the Light knows their shit. It's an arc that's going somewhere when, I assume, we see what the Light's game was at the end of the invasion.

I decided to look up the teen titans shorts, almost seems as if they were done by the original teen titans animators... was this done during with the original show? And I don't understand why Teen Titans Go looks so different. I like how the shorts look....

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yes it was. Slade was an amazing villain. Not to mention Raven´s dad, Brother Blood. The crew was great too.

Deathstroke was good. His final match with gar was the highlight of series. Trigon and blood were incredibly forgettable as villains, and blood was a damn joke.

Legion was such a better series its not funny, and damn near no one knows of its existance

pants

I hope that, with most of the team taken out (Assuming Blue Beetle captured them), he is forced to go into the frontlines (And fight Deathstroke, I hope). He, Arsenal and Lagoon Boy are pretty much the only members left. Hopefully Kid Flash also gets out of retirement too.

I didnt see BB take out Miss Martian, or am I remembering wrong. Also you are forgetting Zatanna *swoon*

I didnt see BB take out Miss Martian, or am I remembering wrong. Also you are forgetting Zatanna *swoon*

Miss Martian is a captive of Black Manta. Red Arrow, Zatanna and Rocket are Justice League now, not part of "The Team."

So the Team count right now is:

Zatanna, Rocket, Red Arrow: Promoted to Justice League

Aqualad, Artemis, Miss Martian: At Manta base, fixing Aqualad while maintaining cover

Lagoon Boy: Hospitalized after his fight with Deathstroke

The Super Friends (Static, Apache Chief, Samurai, El Dorado): Working for Lex Luthor

Blue Beetle: Reach controlled

Arsenal: Loose on War World

Nightwing: On Earth with the League

Kid Flash: Retired

Superboy, Batgirl, Robin, Wondergirl, Beast Boy, Impulse, Guardian, Bumblebee: Captives of Blue Beetle

Miss Martian is a captive of Black Manta. Red Arrow, Zatanna and Rocket are Justice League now, not part of "The Team."

So the Team count right now is:

Zatanna, Rocket, Red Arrow: Promoted to Justice League

Aqualad, Artemis, Miss Martian: At Manta base, fixing Aqualad while maintaining cover

Lagoon Boy: Hospitalized after his fight with Deathstroke

The Super Friends (Static, Apache Chief, Samurai, El Dorado): Working for Lex Luthor

Blue Beetle: Reach controlled

Arsenal: Loose on War World

Nightwing: On Earth with the League

Kid Flash: Retired

Superboy, Batgirl, Robin, Wondergirl, Beast Boy, Impulse, Guardian, Bumblebee: Captives of Blue Beetle

Damn.

VeeP

Yes it was. Slade was an amazing villain. Not to mention Raven´s dad, Brother Blood. The crew was great too.

Slade was a good villain. They played the Robin's obsession with finding who he was well I thought. But it was far from the best super hero cartoon since the 90's. Spectacular Spider-man, Justice League, and in recent years Young Justice and Avengers: EMH are better. I may have enjoyed Static Shock and Batman Beyond more than Teen Titans as well.

Man Nightwing is useless.

Hopefully he steps it up the next few episodes.

Also where the heck is Wally?

Off in space with Hal Jordan and Kilowog having adventures and stuff.

Dumb voice actor joke.

So yeah wow what an episode. That sure escalated quickly. Also I just lost it at the Gem world short. It's sad we're getting TT instead of this. I mean it's clear that CN wants to play it as safe as possible, but ugh. I thought the original TT was *okay*. It had its moments but the obnoxious wannabe anime style really killed it for me and it's just not re-watchable at all. The shorts were enjoyable because they were short but I just don't see it working as a full program.

ReiGun

Mongol to the Jobber of Steel: Sit yo ass down.

iE15wBivRFuog.gif

Damn, Superboy is free in this series.

Mal is fucking pathetic.

i was like "daaaamn son" but i guess he at least got a kiss outta the ordeal.

Arsenal got the same with 1/100 of the effort and maintained his dignity.

Slayven

man, i bet if they had a season 3 with a 40 year time jump, the light would STILL be a few steps ahead in their plan.

i was like "daaaamn son" but i guess he at least got a kiss outta the ordeal.
If they do a 40 year skip Lex Luthor would just randomly show up to mush YJ members and they will thank him for it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just watched War and WHAT THE FUCK!?

You can't end an episode like this! You just can't! Especially when there's that ever present fear that the show will be put back intro hiatus for no reason and no warning.

And for God's sake, set it up, Superboy. Superman can take on Mongul by himself.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

You can't end an episode like this! You just can't! Especially when there's that ever present fear that the show will be put back intro hiatus for no reason and no warning.

And for God's sake, set it up, Superboy. Superman can take on Mongul by himself.

Super boy isn't a full blooded krytonian

Guess what? You won't get closure on this plot point next week, either. You'll hve to wait two weeks.

Next Two week's solicits, and the following week's title:

Invasion: 216 - Complications
Original Airdate - February 16th, 2013
Black Manta gives Miss Martian twenty-four hours to live, but that may be more time than Aqualad has with Sportsmaster and Cheshire on the hunt for his head!

Invasion: 217 - The Hunt
Original Airdate - February 23rd, 2013
A band of misfits is put to the test when Lex Luthor sends them behind enemy lines… to rescue the team!

Invasion: 218 - Intervention
Original Airdate - March 2nd, 2013
Coming Soon!

Top Bottom