• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

God I wish there was a way to save this show. So much potential that's lost. Thing is, it's pretty much impossible at this point, the execs don't give a fuck about the fanbase, and I doubt the Young Justice fans are big/organized enough to actually make a stand. It would be nice to get a direct to dvd movie to tie things up like others have said, but I don't think it will happen.

I look forward to Wiesman answering questions on Wednesday. I hope at the very least he teases what they were building up to for season 3.

I dont see why he would have to hide it anymore since its done.

plus i feel alot of the questions will be about season 3 and it might reach to the point where it would be hard to ignore.

Cwarrior

Just watched "end game"

Man it burns no season 3 with darksied:(

I just realized Kid flash and The flash in the justice league animated series are intended to be the same character *mind is blown* wahtt? why is kid flash so lame? his been nothing but trolled for the entire series and been very lame, I refuses to believe those two characters have any relations.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I just realized Kid flash and The flash in the justice league animated series are intended to be the same character *mind is blown* wahtt? why is kid flash so lame? his been nothing but trolling for the entire series and been very lame, I refuses to believe those two characters have any relations.

Well they're the same character but the series are unrelated. They're different VERSIONS of the same character. Like Tim Burton Batman and Chris Nolan Batman.

Why does he suck?

Because current DC management hates Wally West for some reason. People tend to blame Geoff Johns because he was behind the big push for the return of Barry Allen. Which makes sense but is weird, because didn't he write Wally West as Flash for several years?

Gartooth

Did anyone post this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z6_B7UZxIxk

It's from Wally's voice actor. Very touching.

Absolutely loved this, he's a great guy for taking the time to do this. Goes to show how the people behind GL + YJ are just as disappointed as the fans that there won't be any more continuations. I can't praise both shows enough, loved YJ's take on teen superheroes and black ops style missions, and because I was never really into GL comics, GLTAS pretty much saved the property for me after the bomb that was the movie...which thankfully I never watched.
Would kill for quality Razor, Saint Walker, and Larfleeze toys.

Just watched "end game"

Man it burns no season 3 with darksied:(

I just realized Kid flash and The flash in the justice league animated series are intended to be the same character *mind is blown* wahtt? why is kid flash so lame? his been nothing but trolled for the entire series and been very lame, I refuses to believe those two characters have any relations.

Funny thing is Wally was a joke for most of JL/JLU, with a few shining moments of "well, he is the fastest man alive" sprinkled in so he wouldn't be as broken as he is in the comics. The end of the Cadmus arc justified all of his previous jobbing. This Wally never gets that moment.

Funny thing is Wally was a joke for most of JL/JLU, with a few shining moments of "well, he is the fastest man alive" sprinkled in so he wouldn't be as broken as he is in the comics. The end of the Cadmus arc justified all of his previous jobbing. This Wally never gets that moment.

I really liked that Justice Lords ep they did.

ReiGun

Because current DC management hates Wally West for some reason. People tend to blame Geoff Johns because he was behind the big push for the return of Barry Allen. Which makes sense but is weird, because didn't he write Wally West as Flash for several years?

He did. Johns actually loves Wally. He was on Kevin Smith's podcast recently talking about how he got when Wally became the Flash after Crisis.

People just like to blame Johns for everything.

Gartooth

Good god that moment is one of my all time favorites from any TV show, I was on the edge of my seat and on the verge of cheering when Flash started running. I still can't believe how spectacularly it was pulled off given all the lead up in the Cadmus arc, and it is easily my favorite moment in JL/JLU. Not sure if any DC animated series will ever be able to top that first season of JLU.

Cwarrior

Wally in JL/JLU was actually funny and a very enjoyable character to see interact with team this Fake has nothing going for him but just a long list of fails since the writers hate him so much and retiring was the best thing his done.

This fake is an insult to the memory of wally west from JL/JLU.

The current DC administration seems to hate a lot of characters. Take for example, Stephanie Brown (Spoiler/Robin/Batgirl.) She's so blacklisted that they've been removing her from elseworlds projects such as the Smallville comic and non-canonical drawings of kids trick-or-treating as superheroes. And yet they sneaked her into this series. They also called Billy Batson "Captain Marvel" instead of Shazam. Young Justice didn't tow the line on corporate anti-character biases.

The current DC administration seems to hate a lot of characters. Take for example, Stephanie Brown (Spoiler/Robin/Batgirl.) She's so blacklisted that they've been removing her from elseworlds projects such as the Smallville comic and non-canonical drawings of kids trick-or-treating as superheroes. And yet they sneaked her into this series. They also called Billy Batson "Captain Marvel" instead of Shazam. Young Justice didn't tow the line on corporate anti-character biases.

the Captain Marvel thing is so they can stop fighting Marvel comics for the stupid name.

Wally in JL/JLU was actually funny and a very enjoyable character to see interact with team this Fake has nothing going for him but just a long list of fails since the writers hate him so much and retiring was the best thing his done.

This fake is an insult to the memory of wally west from JL/JLU.

this Wally is exactly the same as Wally in the comics shortly after he took over for the deceased Barry Allen.
edit: personality wise I mean. and actually, his speed was killing him at one point and he was eventually cured but reduced to the speed of sound. it was later on that he accessed the speed force

Although I have many sad faces for Green Lantern and YJ, YJ's finale felt even more rushed with story beats than in recent memory. Right off the bat when Aqualad and Beetles confronted Black Beetle I was like, "Oh, that was some random transition in time and space." And while I appreciate the (forever) cliffhanger, this season's episodes always happened to end on a dire note with the Light/Reach. It's okay to end on a peppy ending, guys.

Still... Sad faces.

This is how I feel. Like they tried a little too hard to be super complex, deep, and edgy, I think the series would have become similar to 24, where the twists and overall writing would have just gotten sillier and more convoluted to the point of ridiculousness (The Light always winning and having a backup plan reminds me of Naraku from Inuyasha, also known for its convoluted twists and lazy writing). If by some miracle they DO get around to making more DC movies, something like Young Justice would work great in movie form with the little scenes with the Light making for a great Post Credits scene.

will star in Titans Go? The same characters as teen titans? When does it start airing? I really liked Teen Titans because outside of Robin i did not know any of the other titans, and it gave me Slade.

Tell me this is not it, because fuck this art style.

Ugh, just saw the commercial, I would have been okay with the shorts, but this series looks UGLY!

the Captain Marvel thing is so they can stop fighting Marvel comics for the stupid name.

Captain Marvel is one karmic-ally vindictive property.

DC sues Fawcett out of publication due to Captain Marvel outselling Superman while having similarities that would not make a case today.

Marvel, in the meanwhile, snatches up the name to ride it for easy sales.

DC buys Fawcett, including the Captain Marvel characters.

End result:

DC Has a character whose name they can never use to market him.

Marvel has a name they must always keep active or else lose it, but none of the books using that name can sell enough copies to justify keeping them alive.

The ghost of Fawcett Comics laughs maniacally.

Nice easter eggs at the end on the watchtower (or I'm overthinking)

Batgirl operating the computer = Oracle
Captain Atom handing chairmanship position to Black Canary = BC was chairman of the League in the pre-new 52 JLA
Luthor becoming a positive public figure = Leading to his eventual presidency

Cwarrior

I have too say "endgame" was rather disappointing it may not have been as stupid as s1 "new year final" but it was by far the weakest episode of season 2 it didn't feel like s2 episode but more like an S1 with a dumb random shipping at the end like last season, still enjoyable but green lantern final was better.

Anyways every other episode for this Season has been nothing but superb,Incredible consistent through out with lots of surprises,new developments and exciting turns,I hereby knight this bitch but only this Season.

Takao

Banned
Must suck for the team making the game based on this to know they'll be shipping a product with no future.

The game will probably instill the same disappointment onto people who buy it.

Slayven

Well they're the same character but the series are unrelated. They're different VERSIONS of the same character. Like Tim Burton Batman and Chris Nolan Batman.

Why does he suck?

telg3yF.jpg

Where was Stephanie Brown in this series?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So I just caught the last 8 episodes.

FUUUUUUUU~

It's like he can't help himself. Even Gargoyles didn't end cleanly.

This finale felt less rushed and nonsensical than Spectacular Spider-man's, but still. That ain't saying much.

He did. Johns actually loves Wally. He was on Kevin Smith's podcast recently talking about how he got when Wally became the Flash after Crisis.

People just like to blame Johns for everything.

Literally every portrayal of Barry animated (Brave and the Bold, JL Doom, New Frontier, Young Justice), he has his full powerset and is portrayed as competent. Wally gets short sticked every time, and in this show he gets regularly clowned by Bart.

ReiGun

Literally every portrayal of Barry animated (Brave and the Bold, JL Doom, New Frontier, Young Justice), he has his full powerset and is portrayed as competent. Wally gets short sticked every time, and in this show he gets regularly clowned by Bart.

I don't see how that proves there's some sinister conspiracy by Geoff Johns specifically to wipe Wally off the face of the Earth and reveal Barry Allen as the ONE TRUE FLASH.

Also, I think you're selling Wally in JL/JLU short. Sure, he was the goofball/"kid brother" of the team, but he was still a competent hero who came through for the League every time they needed him.

Dali

So I just caught the last 8 episodes.

FUUUUUUUU~

It's like he can't help himself. Even Gargoyles didn't end cleanly.
It didn't? I wouldn't know. I watched like 30 seconds of goliath chronicles and was like fuck this shit. Gargoyles was like my favorite after school cartoon. Can't recall any really pressing mcguffin or other threads that needed to be resolved though. I was happy with what I got.

Wiseblade

It didn't? I wouldn't know. I watched like 30 seconds of goliath chronicles and was like fuck this shit. Gargoyles was like my favorite after school cartoon. Can't recall any really pressing mcguffin or other threads that needed to be resolved though. I was happy with what I got.

Weisman wrote the first Episode of The Goliath Chronicles, introducing the Quarrymen, a Gargoyle hate group planning to kill them during the day. Then he left the show.

pants

Ah, I didnt know the new ninja turtles was good, how many seasons so far? Season long arcs or stupid monster of the week bullshit?

Ah, I didnt know the new ninja turtles was good, how many seasons so far? Season long arcs or stupid monster of the week bullshit?

its a weird mix of the two I guess. The show has "memory" of the history it creates, moves the plot forward and characters change. But each episode can be enjoyed on its own, and has monster of the week elements in it. It certainly doesn't stray into GL:TAS or Young Justice territory.

About 2/3 of the way through its first season. It has been renewed for two more seasons so far.

EDIT:

Weisman's answering questions, nbut don't expect any "Season 3" "Spoilers":

http://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/latest.php?qid=18041&ppp=50

1. Let's start here: OBJECTIVELY we're not over. YOUNG JUSTICE: LEGACY is due out in the fall, and it will contain new content - a SUBSTANTIAL amount of new CANON story content, based on ideas suggested to Little Orbit by Brandon Vietti and myself, and all vetted after the fact by us, as well, to make sure everything from dialogue to timestamps is consistent with the property as a whole. Now, LEGACY is set during the five-year-gap. So I'm not going to be inclined to answer questions that require me to reveal things that happened during our time skip. And not just Legacy related stuff either, because if I answer some questions about the gap but refuse to answer others, I'll be de facto spoiling. That I will not do, so please refrain from asking questions about the missing five years.

2. If I've learned anything from the long haul on GARGOYLES, it's that things sometimes DO come back. So SUBJECTIVELY I don't feel like we're over either. I still have hopes - however slim - of returning to Earth-16 one day. So there are secrets that I still may want to keep. Particularly about "Season Three"
. I'm not saying I'll never reveal anything. Sometimes a tidbit here or there helps keep fan interest alive. But I'm not going to wholesale give away the plans that Brandon and I came up with for what happens next. In general, I'm much more inclined to clarify what's already been shown then reveal what hasn't been shown. So try focusing your questions on what's aired or seen print and try to refrain from asking What Happens Next questions. When I feel like revealing something, I will.

Brickhunt

It's still on Season One, but season 3 is already confirmed.

I do say the show is akin to YJ season one. It's mostly episodic with monster/henchmen of the week flavor. But the episodes do leave characters and plot points that picked up later and results in great pay offs.

It's definitively the best show airing right know. And since it is Ninja Turtles, we do know the show is safe from cancelling bullshit.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Bro, bring it, bro.

EDIT: LMAO! Wrong thread.

Anyway, the ending was a bit meh, although I expected Barry Allen to die and Wally taking the mantle, COIE style.

Darkseid design was weird, too.

Top Bottom