• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Favorite Weapon in Elden Ring?

jwaxeman

Honestly I love the longsword. I respec 60 INT into the Carian Knight’s sword for the drip with the matching shield and armor but run through most of the game with the basic vagabond knight set and longsword.

I grabbed the Eccentric set and zwiehander from defeating the witch hunter in the Sorceress Sellen quest line, and I ran that through a lot of the DLC. I’m close to the end though and plan on using Leda’s Sword with her armor once I get to the end.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Longsword, think I've beaten every souls game with it.

I like it's simplicity, and it's quite versatile too thanks to it's moveset.

I also don't like the design of some of the later weapons, they look kinda weird or impractical. I prefer more grounded stuff.

We are the same person. I prefer the more grounded stuff and have beaten every game with the longsword.

Though with the DLC I’m using the entire Solitude set including the greatsword. It’s just so badass.

jwaxeman

We are the same person. I prefer the more grounded stuff and have beaten every game with the longsword.

Though with the DLC I’m using the entire Solitude set including the greatsword. It’s just so badass.
Me too. I just like realistic weapons and armor. The longsword is perfect.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Still rocking my Zweihander with Braggart’s Roar. Great Stars is my secondary weapon with Prayerful Strike.

MiguelItUp

Only played the base game, but once I got Bloodhound Fang, I swept the rest of the game with it. Shit was awesome.
Yuuup. I rotated between this and Backhand Blades. I was pushing on bleed the entire time, it was just nice to rotate between strength and speed when necessary.

I like to upgrade a ton of weapons and switch between them for the most useful weapon art depending on my situation. So there's many weapons I love, I can't really pick just one.

But I will say it was a lot of fun destroying Rellanna yesterday on my quality build/solo run with the Dragon King's Cragblade. I figured as an armoured knight who likes fire and magic she must be weak to piercing and lightning, and I must have been right because that was a massacre.

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Longsword, think I've beaten every souls game with it.

I like it's simplicity, and it's quite versatile too thanks to it's moveset.

I also don't like the design of some of the later weapons, they look kinda weird or impractical. I prefer more grounded stuff.

You described my personal preferences perfectly, word for word. The longsword is the definition of beauty and elegance in simplicity.

Bartski

Gold Member
Eleonora's Poleblade. But now I mostly play light greatswords, all tree. Milady with wingstance ash is great

Lux R7

straight swords.
Blood infused Lordsworn's and Broadsword in particular. For Shadows i used the Broadsword.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I used the gold knight halberd for a good part of the game so i guess that one.

If i'm ever gonna buy the dlc, i wanna try the fist weapons.

Last edited:

Valt7786

Eleonora's Twinblade or Blasphemous Blade did me for most of the main game depending on which character I was using.
Once I got the Kung Fu fists and feet in Shadows I found them hard to drop, used the Dragon hunters great katana for a while too.

Freeman76

Hand of Malenia

Too much choice in this game lol, i made a dex build and havent found anything better, plus i like special move

SSfox

RGLcMhL.jpeg

winjer

Gold Member
So I decided to try the Greatsword, mostly because I wanted something different from the Bloodhound Fang.
I put the Lion's Claw on this thing and it destroys enemies. Haven't tried it on a boss yet, but it has potential.
It's really heavy and slow. But it hits like a truck and has good range.

winjer

Gold Member
Wow, so many weapons are getting named, the game must have good balance.
Never played it but will change soon.

There are several great weapons, that fit a lot of play styles.
But there is also a ton of weapons that are really bad.

But don't worry, there are quite a few that can be picked early on, that can be top tiers to the end game.

amigastar

There are several great weapons, that fit a lot of play styles.
But there is also a ton of weapons that are really bad.

But don't worry, there are quite a few that can be picked early on, that can be top tiers to the end game.
How? Do weapons level up or something?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’ve only used a fraction of them.

My favorite is Marikas Hammer from the ones I used. It picks you up into the air then slam down into the ground to do a giant holy AOE.

This weapon helped me beat 90% of the dlc.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Bloodhound Fang is a treasure.

Inseparable sword when I need to kill the undead.

And I used that new Dragon Katana in SotE and it was great on Dragons.

I should level up more weapons but I am afraid I am going to run out of crafting stuff.

I forget the name but I use a short japanese blade that scales well and causes massive blood loss build up. Really quick too. Nothing special but crazy effective and minimal stamina, slash away for days. Beefy Halberd as secondary for thrust attacks. Thumbprint shield. Agile tank w/ incantations for days.

Zug

Wow, so many weapons are getting named, the game must have good balance.
Never played it but will change soon.
That's the thing with Souls games, you get new armors and weapons with new movesets and sometimes flashy abilities, but you can complete the whole game with the starting knight set and an upgraded longsword.
Elden ring allows to swap some weapon special abilities around too, which allows some creative combos.

Bartski

Gold Member
Scrap that, it's backhand blade with swift sash on bleed affinity. It's like the ultimate dex weapon with a huge upgrade to mobility.
Demolishing everything on DLC NG++ solo with it so far, but I can already see final boss being the ultimate test. I'll try!

Facism

Running through the DLC with a Magic Great Club with Dark Waves ash of war. FROM seemingly forgot to enable enemy poise because I've been stun-locking 90% of the enemies/bosses with repeated R1s followed by an L2.

Great Club goes BONK

nkarafo

My favorite weapon is the heaviest shield in th game. I like hiding behind it and poking everything to death with a spear while blocking at the same time. Beats every other strategy 99% of the time in PVE. I killed the hardest bosses 1st or 2nd try with this one and i didn't even care about their move sets. They would dance and shriek and do their fancy poses but they were all the same fodder to me. I kinda even felt bad for them and let them do their thing during the first tries.

starscourge great swords for me. I've just used them so long anything else feels weird. Respec'ed to try some new stuff and immediately switched back so i could continue crushing with my sweet sweet baby boys.

Blindy

Blood Uchigatana then Sword of Milos to Bloodfiend Arm has been my practical run of Elden Ring, both regular and DLC.

Feels like a 3 phase starter pokemon evo NGL lol.

jwaxeman

That's the thing with Souls games, you get new armors and weapons with new movesets and sometimes flashy abilities, but you can complete the whole game with the starting knight set and an upgraded longsword.
Elden ring allows to swap some weapon special abilities around too, which allows some creative combos.
My favorite aspect of Souls game progressions (and surprisingly, Fallout 4 in particular) is that the weapon craft/leveling system allows you to excel with weapons that you also enjoy aesthetically. I beat every Souls game with a classic longsword and basic knight armor because aesthetically I love the realistic medieval soldier weapons and armor over the more elaborate stuff.

Soodanim

I’ve only used a fraction of them.

My favorite is Marikas Hammer from the ones I used. It picks you up into the air then slam down into the ground to do a giant holy AOE.

This weapon helped me beat 90% of the dlc.
It only dawned on me yesterday that a big chunk of the DLC is reasons to use the Holy stuff that saw so little practical use in vanilla. A bit of a facepalm moment when I've gone out of my way to use Holy and wished I had more occasions to use Marika's Hammer

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It only dawned on me yesterday that a big chunk of the DLC is reasons to use the Holy stuff that saw so little practical use in vanilla. A bit of a facepalm moment when I've gone out of my way to use Holy and wished I had more occasions to use Marika's Hammer
There are bosses that I thought would have resistance to this weapon and it still does more than most of my arsenal.

It rocks.

Top Bottom