• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your "My love was under my nose this whole time" moments in games.

A character/mechanic/whatever made exactly for you, that was there the whole time, but you never noticed it or tried it, for some reason. But then you did! And the rest you guys can describe yourselves.

- Leo, from Tekken.

images

Have heard of them at the time, never bothered trying or seeing anything of them, because I thought (still do) that their design is awful and generic.

Two things though, that I didn't know:

1 - They do Baji Quan. A martial art I have been obsessed with since I was 13 years old.

And 2 - They are a stance character.
I play Xiaoyu, Lei, and Zafina.
Needless to say, I love stance characters.

And It was only when their Tekken 8 trailer came out, and I said "sure, why not", and watched it, that I felt like a fool for never trying them.

I audibly said "Where were you this whole time? Oh my god!"
Well, they were always there.

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
In my childhood, I was playing Monkey Island always from the start because I didn't know "save" option exist and you can start from where you left it.

Then I found my love and it changed my gaming forever.

A character/mechanic/whatever made exactly for you, that was there the whole time, but you never noticed it or tried it, for some reason. But then you did! And the rest you guys can describe yourselves.

- Leo, from Tekken.

images

Have heard of them at the time, never bothered trying or seeing anything of them, because I thought (still do) that their design is awful and generic.

Two things though, that I didn't know:

1 - They do Baji Quan. A martial art I have been obsessed with since I was 13 years old.

And 2 - They are a stance character.
I play Xiaoyu, Lei, and Zafina.
Needless to say, I love stance characters.

And It was only when their Tekken 8 trailer came out, and I said "sure, why not", and watched it, that I felt like a fool for never trying them.

I audibly said "Where were you this whole time? Oh my god!"
Well, they were always there.
The fucking pronouns I swear to god. Couldn’t understand this drivel with the singular they. Retarted, stop.

The fucking pronouns I swear to god. Couldn’t understand this drivel with the singular they. Retarted, stop.
It's actually quite simple.
The word "they" is one you use everyday, and have been using since you were a kid.

Leo, according to the people who created them, can be referred to as him or she, their gender doesn't matter.

So I choose to call them "they".

I know it makes you feel like a woke "f word" if you put an ounce of energy into understanding something as simple as this.
But that's something for you to work through.

If you don't have an example of what I asked for, you didn't need to comment.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Anybody who uses the singular they should also use the correct form of the verb.

“They does Baji Quan.”

“They is a stance character.”

“Well, they was always there.”

Do better next time.

Top Bottom