• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys 7 - US Release August 17th - $29.99 retail and PSN |OT|

Just finishing the last parts of this game, I am trying to farm all the components to make every item, looking forward to Felghana and 1-2 for sure. Perfect timing to finish, on to VC2.

Volcynika

Oy. Very late game spoilers.

Gave the Moon dragon a quick run. His first form was pretty easy, but his second form can do a heapin helping of damage if you get caught. It sucks that (as long as I lasted) his tail is the only thing you can damage for a good bit. Gotta figure out the best way to save up some money so I can get some fancy new weapons and armor at Iska! Might as well head back to the water sanctum and level up my other party people as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Volcynika said:
Oy. Very late game spoilers.

Gave the Moon dragon a quick run. His first form was pretty easy, but his second form can do a heapin helping of damage if you get caught. It sucks that (as long as I lasted) his tail is the only thing you can damage for a good bit. Gotta figure out the best way to save up some money so I can get some fancy new weapons and armor at Iska! Might as well head back to the water sanctum and level up my other party people as well.

Hmm, I have to admit I was pretty drunk when I fought
the moon dragon
, but I don't remember having that much trouble.

I'm curious, is there a trinket besides the Knight's Crest that can aid me in leveling up my team quickly? (keep in mind that I'm at the end of the game and I never got the Fortune Orb because I didn't get the ingredients for Quest 3 until after it was unavailable)

Volcynika

thetrin said:
Hmm, I have to admit I was pretty drunk when I fought
the moon dragon
, but I don't remember having that much trouble.

I'm curious, is there a trinket besides the Knight's Crest that can aid me in leveling up my team quickly? (keep in mind that I'm at the end of the game and I never got the Fortune Orb because I didn't get the ingredients for Quest 3 until after it was unavailable)

Mostly it was my lack of preparation, I thought
there would be a dungeon before the fight so I didn't have many items.

I wish you could change difficulty on the fly. Final boss(es) were way too easy, took just like 2-3 special abilities each to wipe the floor of them. Didn't help that I had max gear, lv 10 skills and was Lv 74-76, but that was just from my usual obsession with having to get every item synthesized.

Thinking about doing a nightmare run after a month or two break.

Enron

Banned
Is it just me, or is this game waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy? I'm playing on Nightmare, and the boss fights are a cakewalk
once I get Aisha. All i have to do is keep distance, run, dodge, and spam arrows while the rest of my party runs in and beats on the boss.

:/

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Where's a decent place to level? I want to overpower my guys before I go tackle the last boss again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
thetrin said:
Where's a decent place to level? I want to overpower my guys before I go tackle the last boss again.

The area before the final boss is good, plus you can hunt for a specific stone/rock there that creates the strongest weapons via synthesizing.

thetrin

ULTROS! said:
The area before the final boss is good, plus you can hunt for a specific stone/rock there that creates the strongest weapons via synthesizing.

What level were you for the last boss? I was having a hell of a time at 60.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
thetrin said:
What level were you for the last boss? I was having a hell of a time at 60.

60-61. I was very lucky actually.
Adol's HP was around 15-30 and I had no more healing items. That was during the last part of the final boss.

thetrin

The PSP makes my hand into a claw, so I have pretty much no hope of perfecting flash guarding. I'm going to have to just level up.

mauaus

help!
Where am i supposed to go after clearing the
wind and fire dragons, i have no idea how to get to kylos

Been busy, but making progress again.

Beat Earth Dragon second attempt, first form is crazy easy. Second form was a bit of a bitch but fine with a full stock of healing items. I really need to finish this up soonish.

thetrin

Finished the game this evening. The last boss WAS pretty easy with just a few extra levels.

Finished the game with everyone at lvl 63-65, and had little trouble (also ended up with most of my health items still in tow).

I was a little disappointed that the game doesn't save for clear data when you complete the game. Did I miss something??

Volcynika

mauaus said:
help!
Where am i supposed to go after clearing the
wind and fire dragons, i have no idea how to get to kylos

Go to the
Byway cave (fought giant troll thing), go straight west from entrance closest to Altago, there should be a secret path to open up with the bell

Ricker

Augemitbutter said:
yea, i'm gonna fire this up later for the first time. still pondering if i should go with hard or nightmare.

I don`t know how you guys do it on nightmare...the Bosses on normal are a nightmare for me :lol the Rock Monster`s pattern of attack are annoying as hell...time to grind a bit again ;)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Finally got the game today. Started on Nightmare. What a great game, the first boss fight felt more like Bayonetta than an RPG, though. :lol

thetrin

Augemitbutter said:
yea, i'm gonna fire this up later for the first time. still pondering if i should go with hard or nightmare.

I wouldn't go with nightmare. The bosses take forever.

Jucksalbe said:
Finally got the game today. Started on Nightmare. What a great game, the first boss fight felt more like Bayonetta than an RPG, though. :lol

Imo, the first boss is one of the hardest, only because you don't have that many items to work with, and your health is relatively low. By the end of the game, you can drink potions like water. :lol

thetrin said:
I wouldn't go with nightmare. The bosses take forever.

too late, already beat the first boss :D

holy hell, he seriously took forever and it was a close fight too, i'm loving it!

will write more later.

Ricker said:
I don`t know how you guys do it on nightmare...the Bosses on normal are a nightmare for me :lol the Rock Monster`s pattern of attack are annoying as hell...time to grind a bit again ;)

i got training in bullet hell, mega man and Ys of course. it won't be that bad hopefully ;)

Beat Moon Dragon on Hard Difficulty. Not too bad at 51. Pentagram is a BEAST of a skill.

Final Dungeon and bosses last too long? I'd like to finish this up soon or I'm going to putting an awful lot of games on the backburner.

cyclenut

Finally an RPG that keeps my attention. Almost at the end. Great game with epic music!

If anyone is selling their OST from the premium bundle PM me. :D

I'm thinking of playing the older ones now.

It's kind a stupid complaint I know, but is anyone kind of bothered by the image on the spine? It looks they've got part of the Ys logo on there, I'm assuming they intend to complete it on the spines of the other two games, but I organize my games by their place in the series, and not their release date. Which means the image isn't going to make any sense.

thetrin

cyclenut said:
Finally an RPG that keeps my attention. Almost at the end. Great game with epic music!

If anyone is selling their OST from the premium bundle PM me. :D

I'm thinking of playing the older ones now.

Great idea! Ys is a great series.

thetrin

Freyjadour said:
Shit. Last boss fight phase 1 placed my three least used characters together :lol. Time to grind!

Yeah, I ran into the same problem. To be honest, once you have your guys around 63, the last boss is cake.

beat the second boss. i think i need to remember to use the charge attack more often whenever possible instead of beating bosses with 400 weak attacks :lol

the OST is as great as every other Ys soundtrack so far, i'm feeling it. i notice the colorful presentation has gotten rare if you go for the most hyped RPG these days, feels like a breath of fresh air. and omg, this game runs so smooth and it does it without looking ugly, i'm impressed.

but the outer box of the premium edition is a piece of shit. it got beat up in the shipping process, that's cheap cardboard for you. at least the contents are fine and sturdy.

Volcynika

Am I at the last dungeon? I'm at
The Well of Souls
. Though I see people beating the game at like 65, I'm like level 54 now :lol

ULTROS!

Volcynika said:
The Well of Souls

Gotta level up more. The final boss was a killer for me despite being level 60 (well... I did suck at using flash guard though).

the third boss kicked me around like a toy. i don't know how i beat him, but i think i drank every potion available.

that was a huge jump in difficulty, my fingers need a rest. so damn satisfying!

Just finished it. 8/10

Last boss was pretty hard. I stocked up on all potions (minus the +2000HP one since you have to synth them), and I still ended up eating all of them, barely surviving.
It's bullcrap how they suddenly forced you to use all members. I had to restart because of it, and retry because I messed up a lot with the second form. Adol laid the pwnage by himself.

I really love having this party:
a) Adol, best equips, mastered Pentagram, Crimson Jewel (1/2 SP usage)
b) Aisha, focused on just charged attacks, Battle Bandanna (x2 SP gain)
c) Dogi, pretty much just there lol, maybe with that accessory that grants SP with damage.

Combined with Ares' Urn, I could use Extra every 2-3 Pentagrams. :D I could fill up SP extremely quick.
Scias and Tia went down HARD and FAST.

Started Nightmare Mode, stuck on the turtle boss but this was solely because of my refusal to grind or dodge. I love Flash Guarding.

mauaus

holy hell... Las boss totally wiped the floor, walls and ceiling with me Adol is level 58 :lol
Grind fest here i come!!

Wolf Akela said:
Just finished it. 8/10

Last boss was pretty hard. I stocked up on all potions (minus the +2000HP one since you have to synth them), and I still ended up eating all of them, barely surviving.
It's bullcrap how they suddenly forced you to use all members. I had to restart because of it, and retry because I messed up a lot with the second form. Adol laid the pwnage by himself.

I really love having this party:
a) Adol, best equips, mastered Pentagram, Crimson Jewel (1/2 SP usage)
b) Aisha, focused on just charged attacks, Battle Bandanna (x2 SP gain)
c) Dogi, pretty much just there lol, maybe with that accessory that grants SP with damage.

Combined with Ares' Urn, I could use Extra every 2-3 Pentagrams. :D I could fill up SP extremely quick.
Scias and Tia went down HARD and FAST.

Started Nightmare Mode, stuck on the turtle boss but this was solely because of my refusal to grind or dodge. I love Flash Guarding.

Dogi and Cruxie are really OPed, their SP skills that is.

cyclenut

Beat the game on Normal last night. The ending could've been better but was an overall fun ride.

My main characters were: Adol, Dogi, & Aisha with their Ultimate/Soul items. All around lvl 60.

All the other characters were wearing up to date armor and weapons but not their ultimates. I rarely used them or their skills.

So I started this game last night, it's actually really damn fun. Story is serviceable though I already know where it's going times ten but still enjoyable.

I heard this game was supposed to be quite easy but I actually had some trouble on the first boss at the shrine, I guess I was just overzealous rather than taking it slow.

Good game though!

And finished on Hard. 24 hours, 7 minutes.

Took me a bit to fight my way up to Adol, but once I was there I cleaned shop. Rank 10 Penta does almost as much as an Extra skill.

Overall, terrific gameplay and terribly dry/boring story. I don't skip much dialogue in games, but this made me want to. Almost makes me want to put down JRPGs for a bit. Then again, I'm playing BBS soon, so that'll probably put me back in the mood for something less convoluted.

Volcynika said:
The Well of Souls

You've probably already finished it, but that's not uncommon. I came in at 53 and beat the game with Adol at 63 and everyone else at 61. The area before the final boss is good for grinding, can get a level every 5-10 minutes with the EXP trinket.

RuGalz

I've been really busy at work this past couple weeks but I simply couldn't go on without spend some time with the game each day... Finally beat it this morning and I'm in tears because of how good the game was. You are a monster if you don't buy this game! I really think this is the best Ys ever made.

D23

i just bought this game along with lunar and persona 3. NOW, im still having a hard time which one i should play first??

Jigsaw

Banned
started it totay and played for 2 hours,really good game...love the catchy music and fast combat,i'm also impressed by the (nearly non-existent) load times for an umd game

ULTROS!

D23 said:
i just bought this game along with lunar and persona 3. NOW, im still having a hard time which one i should play first??

I'd say this game first, since it's probably the shortest among the other 2. Followed by Lunar, then followed by P3P (it's quite long, longer if you decide to collect all the demons).

beat the fourth boss. best decision to play on nightmare for me. either you play perfectly or you die.

the music kicks so much ass and i have so many more tracks to look forward to :D

Volcynika

Ok, endgame related stuff (haven't beaten it, but only people that have should look)!

Is the last boss a set of battles in the sense that when I beat Scias, it goes straight to the fight after? Or can I go back and save beforehand?

Also, I thought there was an accessory or something that would increase rare items received, because getting a ton of soul stones is a pain in the ass, though I can do it along with my leveling up!

Salaadin

Volcynika said:
Ok, endgame related stuff (haven't beaten it, but only people that have should look)!

Is the last boss a set of battles in the sense that when I beat Scias, it goes straight to the fight after? Or can I go back and save beforehand?

You can save after you beat Scias and go back to town, restock, etc but after you enter the room behind Scias, its all fighting without leaving or saving.

RuGalz

Volcynika said:
Also, I thought there was an accessory or something that would increase rare items received, because getting a ton of soul stones is a pain in the ass, though I can do it along with my leveling up!

Yea you can buy Luck Medal from the shop in Altago.

Volcynika

Rargh. Last boss rage.

Made it to the second phase before I got whipped. Seemed a bit easier compared to the first one which was just annoying. Wasted way too many items on the first one! Everyone has their best armor and only 3 are missing their highest possible weapon.

My levels are around 60 minimum from all, with Adol at 65.

Ferga

Volcynika said:
Rargh. Last boss rage.

Made it to the second phase before I got whipped. Seemed a bit easier compared to the first one which was just annoying. Wasted way too many items on the first one! Everyone has their best armor and only 3 are missing their highest possible weapon.

My levels are around 60 minimum from all, with Adol at 65.

what mode are you playing on?

I had adol at 63 and the others on 61 and i beat it on nightmare without using all my items

First one was hardest, the last 2 were a breeze though

(i was equipped with the best stuff btw)

Volcynika

Ferga said:
what mode are you playing on?

I had adol at 63 and the others on 61 and i beat it on nightmare without using all my items

First one was hardest, the last 2 were a breeze though

(i was equipped with the best stuff btw)

Nightmare here as well.

ULTROS!

Volcynika said:
Nightmare here as well.

Just remember to take you time in the 3rd part. Also one of your characters should try equipping an anti-freeze accessory (like Dogi). Also flash guard would definitely help. :p

Top Bottom