• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League |OT| Tell Me...Do You Still Bleed?

sol_bad

Kevin Smith be fanboying. I muted and closed the screen for the Darkseid scene.

*EDIT*
And of course Ray Fisher makes a guest appearance, he the only 1 with no job right now.
LOL

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Nah, I love the man, I listen to his podcast very week. He is a happy positive man and I love that.

Same. Sometimes I can't watch/listen when it's live, but the man spouts nothing but positivity. He never bad mouths anyone and him and Marc usually have me bustin up! LOL! Plus... that's a lot of geek knowledge they both have.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm watching the digital premiere and literally the first thing I'm confronted with is a race-based shooting somewhere in the US with a speech and even a wall of text on how this is not okay.

What a country.

Jasonadream

Jesus this was incredibly long movie.
Glad that Zack Snyders got to finish the movie his way.
Plenty of characters got fleshed out in this iteration,.
Cg looked good for some characters...
The movie has flaws but it was an entertaining watch.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Just after finishing it. Really enjoyed it, yes it has its flaws but nothing that ruins the whole experience of watching it. I have a feeling the first hour or so will have a slight drag to it when I re-watch it over the weekend. Really hope they release a 4K blu-ray of this.

Ovek

7Member7
Why the flying fuck is this a SKY exclusive in the UK? Especially when I could just buy Wonder Woman on any fucking streaming platform I wanted to when they shat that out. I wanted to support it and buy it but fuck it time to open QBittorrent.... sigh...

Did I miss this detail somewhere in the movie or am I misunderstanding something?
The Anti-Life equation is on the primitive planet that fought back and managed to drive away Darkseid's forces, right?

So how could they ever forget the location of the only planet to managed to do that?

ye that made no sense to me either and how in the hell didnt darkseid return to take revenge already after "destroying thousands of worlds" and seemingly becoming more and more buff.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

ye that made no sense to me either and how in the hell didnt darkseid return to take revenge already after "destroying thousands of worlds" and seemingly becoming more and more buff.
Thinking about it some more it gets even weirder...
They imply that they only ever had these 3 mother boxes at the end so if one gets found on a world, it would strongly suggest it being the world they were pushed back from. Finding the 2nd one on the same planet should've practically confirmed it before Steppenwolf ever brought it up. 👀

Last edited:
This is a great movie, best of the DCEU. Even its worst bits (the singing scene stands out) are never as bad as the many dumb Man of Steel or BvS moments.
I absolutely hated BvS theatrical and now I wish the Snyderverse continued.

Why the flying fuck is this a SKY exclusive in the UK? Especially when I could just buy Wonder Woman on any fucking streaming platform I wanted to when they shat that out. I wanted to support it and buy it but fuck it time to open QBittorrent.... sigh...
Get a 7 day FREE trial to Now TV

Mahadev

That was actually a good movie, I'm surprised. Good pacing, more fleshed out characters, plot points that finally made sense, great action. The movie misses a step only during the epilogue that just seems like a collection of scenes mashed together one after the other. Cyborg was fucking butchered in the original and is maybe the most interesting character in this one.

Btw I can't believe I'm saying this but fucking Leto does a pretty fucking good Joker for once, another surprise, Lex Luthor is still a fucking awful miscast though, the boat scene reminded it me of it. Anyway, the movie shits all over Whedon's monstrosity, definitely recommend it, it wasn't anything amazing but it's both entertaining and interesting.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

It was much better than I expected. Cyborg was great and I liked Flash too. The long run time was a good thing because it gave more time for character development. I don't think this would have been very good if Snyder had finished the movie in 2017. WB would have made it 2 hours so I don't think it would have been any better than the Whedon's version. This needed to be long. Still wasn't as good as The Avengers. I don't really need to see JL2. If it happens then I hope it will be directed by someone else than Snyder.

Last edited:

fallingdove

Loved the Snyder Cut. I feel like it was the best of the Snyder DC movies thus far and better than the 'Avengers' titled movies IMO (not as good as Winter Soldier - Avengers Lite).

ZSC Justice League > Batman V. Superman UE = Man of Steel >> Batman V. Superman Vanilla

sol_bad

Signed up to shitty Australia streaming service Binge for a month. Currently downloading 4K torrent.
LOL

I shouldn't have to do this.

>tfw you have to conquer 50000 more worlds before you can go home

stk6j8p.png

This guy was really cool and had a good motivation.

Soodanim

I had no interest in the original and had no interest in this version, but all the positivity is winning me over.

AmuroChan

Really enjoyed it. Such a vast improvement over the original. It's sad that there won't be a proper sequel to this, but nonetheless I'm glad the Snyder cut happened at all.

It sounds like the Cyborg stuff is way better and all of it was cut from the final movie. Fisher got Finn'd.

Last edited:

GloveSlap

So far in the DCEU, Zack is the only one who knows how to direct a Wonder Woman action scene. Her movements are spot on. She looked ridiculous in WW84.
Diana is a savage under Snyder, doubly so in this movie. Still love that theme too.

Anyway, it was an entertaining movie and much improved. Didn't feel long to me either.

The story is better
Characters even bad ones have a better backstory/motivation
I know this won't be any longer cannon, but shows that the executives shit on the original vision(which was far better than we got with Whedon)
Fuc@ the executives who decided to go for a more (Avengers type of comedy movie "Whedon's version"), which was not needed. It needed to be its own, not trying to emulate someone else. Finally, I am happy with the reviews and hope the executives who shit on this universe, are fired due to the bad decisions they made. (I know hopeful wishing)

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The movie upset me. It gave me a glimmer of hope and it also showed me that Zack Snyder, given full reigns and creative potential, could have created something great that would have brought DC into a place that comes close to Marvel's success using Young Justice, Comic, and Elseworlds ideas. Yes, he had a mis-step with BvS but this was a hell of an upswing. I didn't need that glimmer of hope because I was immediately grounded back to earth when I realized that this is going nowhere and we're already halfway into another reboot/recast.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no guarantee movies are coming back anytime soon, given the ominous recent statements by officials of things not being back to normal for at least another year. So there is a good chance that they have to go another year without movies, and in that case, might as well throw a bunch of money into streaming content that you can milk forever. In that event, there's a chance he gets to make more.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I just wanted to drop in here to say:

The Flash turning back time is one of the best sequences in comic book movies ever. The visuals, the music, and Barry hyping himself up, it's all wonderfully executed. By far the best scene imo.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I just wanted to drop in here to say:

The Flash turning back time is one of the best sequences in comic book movies ever. The visuals, the music, and Barry hyping himself up, it's all wonderfully executed. By far the best scene imo.
The visually most impressive scene in the movie. Makes him seem pretty much god like.

Astral Dog

I really liked it! 👏👏👏👍

Got a little bored around the middle, but it picked up the pace, and started really strong, its a really cool Justice League movie where all the characters shine and i would be excited to see a sequel one day

Last edited:
Top Bottom