• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, it looks like I might just get through the 9th Shiyu Defense mission without Soldier 11.

RIdmlXq.jpeg

Before I got Lucy, lvld her and support W-Engine to lvl 40 (but her skills are at lvl 1 - don't have the materials yet to lvl them up) I could barely get B rating, but now there's just 1m and 9s left to save and get an S rating which I'm sure won't be a problem when Lucy, W-Engine will be lvl 50, her skills will be at least at lvl 7 and 4 passives will be unlocked. I think I can deal with 10th missions as well with the same Ether team, I only need to level up Soukaku and her W-Engine to lvl 50 and I've everything to make it happen already. I still want to get Soldier 11 though, but now she'll be a nice bonus instead of an urgent necessity.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Whoops, kinda forgot about Lumina Square so for the past couple of hours I've been doing all the comissions that are available in this area. I like this city zone, but too bad it drops fps a bunch on PS5 during the day when there's lots of NPCs around. Hopefully HoYo will fix this in a future patch.

Last edited:
As mentioned before, it's not always better to use a full team, or force elements, if you have strong bangboo
qoiiv4t.png

1raEPRg.png

All of these were done with sub level 40 w-engines, pretty sure I didn't level nicole's w-engine at all, but my bangboos are at lvl50 and they shred, I'm sure if I had rocketboo it would be an easy s-rank, even without any fire characters.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
As mentioned before, it's not always better to use a full team, or force elements, if you have strong bangboo
I've a few bangboos at lvl 40, the rest and most at lvl 1 and a couple at lvl 10 maybe. I don't have resources (the thing you need to promote them) to level even one up to lvl 50.

So, what do you guys think? v1.1 will release on Aug 14, less than 2 weeks from now!:messenger_grinning:

Imho, Qingyi has much better and badass fighting style than Jane (not to mention her ultimate), so I'm kinda on the fence whether I'll be searching for Jane or not, I guess I'll decide after I test her in a demo trial which I'm sure will be available at launch. Jane looks cool, but just cuz of that alone I won't be wasting my polys + she'll be the second anomaly agent and there's no enemy type in the game with anomaly weakness.

Seth being an A rank agent is good, it means that pretty much everyone will get him much sooner than Jane or Qingyi. It also looks like there'll be more life and stuff added to the world which is great, cuz right now there's barely anything interesting there to do after you finished 1.0s story. All in all, 1.1 looks great, can't wait to check it out with all the new content.
Im am skipping both of them, saving for Miyabi and then just hoarding for now, until I see someone I really want.
Jane looks super generic to me \_0_/

Last edited:
I won't pull on Qingyi, but I will pull on Jane Doe, primarily because I actually do want seth; super amped elemental discharge.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I won't pull on Qingyi, but I will pull on Jane Doe, primarily because I actually do want seth; super amped elemental discharge.
Well, I do want Qingyi to replace Anby and get AOE goodness but... I'm starting to think that maybe I should skip her as well since she's just a replacemet (as well as Jane) and I already have plenty of Stun characters.

If I skip both Qingyi and Jane, it means I'll have to wait 2 months for whoever is going to be next, which might not be Miyabi. And Speaking of Miyabi btw, she's Ice and Physical so she'll be a replacement for Ellen. Basically and in the next few months we'll be getting replacements, so I guess it all comes down to personal preference here and visual design of said characters more than anything else when it comes to decision making, isn't it?

Neon Xenon

Forget about dupes (maybe even W-Engines as well) for S rank characters if you're 100% F2P, it'll take you forever and a shit ton of money to max S rank character passives that way even and if you're 100% F2P... forget it.
Decided against what I originally said. I think Im very done with pulls right now (but I got Rina from the Limited, so...eh), and next banner I'm really unsure of what I'll do. I really want to like ZZZ more, but that inital (and ongoing, really) experience I described from rolling was frustrating.

Personally, it's genuinely fun gameplay and some nice character and world designs that get undermined by the gacha elements. I dont hate it, but I am frustrated.

Miyabi is ice??? goddamit, that's another skip for me. I can't waste pulls on the only element where I have a strong character.

Yesterday night I pulled another copy of Nekomata, thank god I like her and use her often. Also got a second Anby, so it wasn't too bad. I use both a lot.

I loved the third boss of the game. Impressive set-piece and music.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Miyabi is ice??? goddamit, that's another skip for me. I can't waste pulls on the only element where I have a strong character.
Yeah, + - the same fighting style (slash attacks, except Miyabi using katana), 3 hit combo of physical and then ice damage.

You know what, this made me realize something. I mean, if we'll be skipping every replacement (which I'm sure won't be the last after the next 2), then what's the point in saving polys for exclusive channels if there's plenty of S characters with unique fighting styles in the stable one already? Like, there's no character like Rina in the game at all, there's no character like Lycaon and Lucy with her cute af boar minions as well.

Zhu is just an effin' badass though and I think everyone should at least try to get her within the first 90 searches, cuz there's literally no Ether attack character in the game and won't be for quite a while... and she's a great character as well beyon her combat stuff. Ellen... well, it's a bit too late if you don't have her already, but if Miyabi will be next after Jane... then there's no reason to get Ellen (when she'll be available again) provided luck will be on your side.

Yeah, it's the best boss in the game so far, and the worst being those huge robots in the story and in the later stages on Hollow missions - I got two of them spawning in the tiny af room with no room for my characters to evade attacks and all that, it was AWFUL!

Last edited:
Yeah, + - the same fighting style (slash attacks, except Miyabi using katana), 3 hit combo of physical and then ice damage.

Zhu is just an effin' badass though and I think everyone should at least try to get her within the first 90 searches, cuz there's literally no Ether

My fear about pulling for Zhu is that I don't like Ben and though I use Nicole (as my only Ether character), I don't want to invest my precious pulls just to get her x2 and a bunch of B-grade junk. If Anby were in this banner, I'd go all in.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Yesterday night I pulled another copy of Nekomata, thank god I like her and use her often. Also got a second Anby, so it wasn't too bad. I use both a lot.

The twin marionettes are cool in the story since the fight is not difficult, but in the high lvl challenges they're a manance and I'm starting to hate them, lol.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The twin marionettes are cool in the story since the fight is not difficult, but in the high lvl challenges they're a manance and I'm starting to hate them, lol.
Yeah, they're much harder in the high level missions, but the trick to them is to make sure that they're both go down together as cloes to each other as possible however many times in needs to happen so that one of them could't revive the second one and for you to damage both with your ults etc.

My fear about pulling for Zhu is that I don't like Ben and though I use Nicole (as my only Ether character), I don't want to invest my precious pulls just to get her x2 and a bunch of B-grade junk. If Anby were in this banner, I'd go all in.
How many polys and exclusive tapes you have now?

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Yeah, they're much harder in the high level missions, but the trick to them is to make sure that they're both go down together as cloes to each other as possible however many times in needs to happen so that one of them could't revive the second one and for you to damage both with your ults etc.
Yeah, I know that; it's just an annoying fight overall imo due to their invulnerability phase when they start doing that dance of death and all the dodging you have to do in order to avoid getting your HP bar shredded. Luckily I have both Ellen and Sukaku at lvl 50 with everything upgraded which makes dealing with them less of a pain, but still I prefer to avoid this boss if given the option. :p

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Time to get some more disc drives! XD

"Coffee Sorcery: Tuning" Event Details

Event Duration
2024/08/07 04:00:00 (server time) – 2024/08/12 03:59:59 (server time)

Requirements
Begin Main Story Chapter 2 - Intermission and unlock Routine Cleanup.

Event Details
• During the "Coffee Sorcery: Tuning" event, Proxies can obtain double Drive Disc rewards by drinking Ginseng Americano and clearing any stage in Routine Cleanup while the coffee is in effect!
• During the "Coffee Sorcery: Tuning" event, Proxies can obtain double Plating Agent rewards by drinking Mint Espresso and clearing corresponding stages in Combat Simulation while the coffee is in effect!
※ Proxies can enjoy 1 cup of coffee per day. Coffees and their effects are reset at 4:00 (server time) each day.

GUMJMK5aYAAHB1x

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
HHHA-HAHHH!:messenger_tears_of_joy:

bevPbaX.jpeg

0X5qre1.jpeg

There's no effin' way I'm doing all that untill I'll be level 70-75🖕:messenger_angry:

u0C2HhH.jpeg

7SP0L0L.jpeg

The boss fight even though cool lookin', but way too annoying and I lost one agent the first time around. I can't even imagine how much annoying and frustrating it'll get with all those modifiers all of which not in your favor.

I'll get all this by other, much less annoying and frustrating means, thank you:

fYHkwK8.jpeg

Don't make this fool you btw, you'll get all this by going through all those modifiers and just look at how stingy they are at giving you only 1 thing to search for bangboo and 1 goddamn disc tuning item of which there's only maybe 6 in the game at best:messenger_face_steam:

Last edited:

Aenima

Time to get some more disc drives! XD

"Coffee Sorcery: Tuning" Event Details

Event Duration
2024/08/07 04:00:00 (server time) – 2024/08/12 03:59:59 (server time)

Requirements
Begin Main Story Chapter 2 - Intermission and unlock Routine Cleanup.

Event Details
• During the "Coffee Sorcery: Tuning" event, Proxies can obtain double Drive Disc rewards by drinking Ginseng Americano and clearing any stage in Routine Cleanup while the coffee is in effect!
• During the "Coffee Sorcery: Tuning" event, Proxies can obtain double Plating Agent rewards by drinking Mint Espresso and clearing corresponding stages in Combat Simulation while the coffee is in effect!
※ Proxies can enjoy 1 cup of coffee per day. Coffees and their effects are reset at 4:00 (server time) each day.

GUMJMK5aYAAHB1x
Perfect event for me, cuz just yesterday i finishing farming the skill materials i needed and today wanted to start farming disks. My Anby and Soukaku are still running around on my main team with B and A rank level 0 disks :p

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The thing about Routune Cleanup is that it's 100% RNG, so if you decide to get all 6 discs for one agent in a day or two - good luck. In my case I got I bunch of dupes I don't need and wasted energy.

The awful thing about discs is that we simply can't craft tuning items at all and are forced to dismantle discs and get a bunch of useless and lesser value junk you don't need. Just look at how much of this shit I have now after a month since release and compare it to the S rank ones or even A rank? This is awful, AWFUL!

AYnC5Df.jpeg

9lo9Qvp.jpeg

WV1MlpI.jpeg

r45eU7m.jpeg

Why should I waste resources to craft junk discs which are worse than the S rank ones? We can't even dismante the damn things. Now, imagine if they'd done that with the skills crafting items and you'll get the picture of just how bad this actually is. Routine Cleanup is extremely ineffective use of energy of which you only have so much of and should be free just like Hollow Zero and Shiyu Deffence.

Last edited:
S-rank disc drives are literally the most powerful things you can put on a character, it's reasonable you can't just get them easy, but it's also not that hard to get them; as you can see in the menus, every 5 tunes you get a higher ranked one guaranteed, so tune 5 b-ranks and you get 1 a-rank, tune 5 a-ranks and you get 1 s-rank.
So just going by your screenshot alone, you can get 6 s-rank disc drives guaranteed, if you tune all your b-ranks as well that's 18 a-ranks extra, so that's another ~2 s-ranks; so that's 8 s-rank drives you can get and dismantling s-rank drives does give you s-rank tuning materials, so then if you have one of those orientation drives (you can get one from the z-merit vendor every reset, and I think two more have been given away somewhere else), you can pretty much guarantee a good roll on the 4-6 drives of your choice.

edit: was looking at the wrong numbers.

Last edited:

Aenima

One thing i hate about hoyoverse games is that you cant reroll the sub stats like in other games. But the music shop is already a great help compared to how things was in Genshin when i played it.

In ZZZ i start by farming the sets i want in the outposts and then use the shop to draw for the specific slots im still missing a disk. Its still very RNG but allowing to pick the slot is a great help. And if u have the very rare Tunning Callibrator, is even a bigger help to pick the main stat you want for the disks 4, 5 and 6.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
S-rank disc drives are literally the most powerful things you can put on a character, it's reasonable you can't just get them easy, but it's also not that hard to get them; as you can see in the menus, every 5 tunes you get a higher ranked one guaranteed, so tune 5 b-ranks and you get 1 a-rank, tune 5 a-ranks and you get 1 s-rank.

So just going by your screenshot alone, you can get 30 s-rank disc drives guaranteed, if you tune all your b-ranks as well that's 90 a-ranks extra, so that's another 20 s-ranks; so that's 50 s-rank drives you can get and dismantling s-rank drives does give you s-rank tuning materials, so then if you have one of those orientation drives (you can get one from the z-merit vendor every reset, and I think two more have been given away somewhere else), you can pretty much guarantee a good roll on the 4-6 drives of your choice.
But that's a much more compicated and time consuming system than it needs to be tbh. Why can't it be just like the skill items crafting? I don't get it.

It's better to just use 6 S rank items, get exactly what I need and that's what I did for 3 of my agents already + some tuning to add other main stats.

And if u have the very rare Tunning Callibrator, is even a bigger help to pick the main stat you want for the disks 4, 5 and 6.
I don't like this at all and the reason why is that they're intentionally limiting you to specific stats and not giving you the option to use all of them if you want more attack power which is not measured in % but in raw power like the second disc for example. I mean, if they're so afraid that people will make insane damage builds, then just limit 1 stat to two discs only and that's it, problem solved.

Last edited:
But that's a much more compicated and time consuming system than it needs to be tbh. Why can't it be just like the skill items crafting? I don't get it.
Because skill items aren't nearly as powerful and game changing as s-rank disc drives; if the powerful items system is easy to get, then the system isn't powerful.
And discs 1-3 simply have a fixed orientation, discs 4-6 are for getting the best stat you want, which isn't always atk power, sometimes the better option is energy regen or element damage etc.; having 1-3 also have a random orientation it would be far harder to get everything perfect.

You should read up on genshin artifact farming and how much bad rolls piss everyone off because everything is random.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Because skill items aren't nearly as powerful and game changing as s-rank disc drives; if the powerful items system is easy to get, then the system isn't powerful.
Are trying to justify some of their bad F2P mechanics and design here? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

All of their F2P systems in the game is ballanced towards junk and real money spending, which is why you're getting all of those junk w-engines 90% of the time to dismantle them right away and only a fraction of S rank materials to craft S rank discs etc. not only via crafting, but also via rewards and why there's one type of currency for exclusive channel and W-Engines. So, it's not because powerful items system needs to be hard to be powerful, it's because the game is F2P and they need to timegate you as much as they can to make you.... you know what.

And discs 1-3 simply have a fixed orientation, discs 4-6 are for getting the best stat you want, which isn't always atk power, sometimes the better option is energy regen or element damage etc.; having 1-3 also have a random orientation it would be far harder to get everything perfect.
The reason I mentioned the attack power is cuz stun characters don't have a lot of it, they're almost 2 times weaker than the attack characters. Now, I know how stun characters work, they're supposed to stun enemies, get chain attacks to trigger etc. so that attack characters could deal a lot of damage. But it could help a bit to up the damage for Stun characters as well, at least with one additional disc so that they could also do more damage as well as more energy regen and anomaly proficiency.

You should read up on genshin artifact farming and how much bad rolls piss everyone off because everything is random.
Your word is more than enough. But I still think that ZZZ is far from perfect F2P game and I highly doubt they'll change that. I mean, the game will be better in terms of content, stuff to do and all that, maybe they'll even change some things for the better, but I highly doubt they'll address any of my complaints cuz then the game won't be generating as much real money as they need.

Last edited:
Are trying to justify some of their bad F2P mechanics and design here? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
no, this is an endgame mechanic, it wouldn't matter if it was f2p or paid, this is something games have had for over 30 years; what point would something like diablo's endgame have if you get perfect rolls on everything without putting in any effort? People would just roll through the content and get bored and move on.
This is why a-ranks are relatively easy to get, so you can get reasonably strong but still have a goal to work towards with the s-ranks.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
no, this is an endgame mechanic, it wouldn't matter if it was f2p or paid, this is something games have had for over 30 years;
Except these games weren't F2P and not timegated you with timers, the ammount of materials you can get per week, per day so on and so forth. I mean, c'mon, it's not something the games have had for over 30 years cuz there weren't even such a thing as F2P games until mobile games become a thing that they are now (after smartphones, google play etc. were invented) with whales in mind first :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

what point would something like diablo's endgame have if you get perfect rolls on everything without putting in any effort? People would just roll through the content and get bored and move on.
I've been playing Diablo since the very first one was released and believe me when I say, that I could not care less about the endgame at all, which by the way didn't stop me from replaying the first two games 50+ times over the past 20+ years and these games didn't had any engame content like Diablo III and Diablo IV. Diablo II had multiplayer, but it wasn't the main focus of the game as it was and is now since Diablo III. I just don't see any point in hunderds of hours of loot grinding instead of replaying the game with another class 4-5 times depending on how many classes are in the game. I mean, I get that there's like new world bosses and stuff, but when I'm done with that.... I'm going back to the beggining and playing the game as a Rogue, Barbarian, Mage etc.

This is why a-ranks are relatively easy to get, so you can get reasonably strong but still have a goal to work towards with the s-ranks.
I only see it as extreme timegating to prevent you from completing, upgrading, leveling everything / everyone too fast since it's a F2P game and they need to make you login each day and continue playing. Isn't it obvious?:messenger_winking:

Last edited:
RNGesus was finally on my side, and I managed to snag Zhu Yuan in my 50/50 attempt. :messenger_sunglasses:

Quickly leveled her up to 40 and tomorrow Imma start farming her disc drives.

e1vkdZV.jpeg

Glad to see it, but I'm kind of sorry you also have Ellen. I think Ellen may have been a bit of a trap. She could still be amazing if combat and exploration are merged together a bit more later on, because her movement is great, and it's the main thing that got me to pull for her. Well, that, and I already pulled a copy of Lycaon twice. What I didn't know is that:

This game has an equivalent of the gods from Genshin Impact, Ellen of course is not one of them, and the first one to be released will likely also be an ice DPS. Zhu really looks like the way to go for an early pull, though. Most of the other early characters seem like stronger versions of existing characters. I have enough for Zhu if I would win the 50/50, but I'm going to pass for now, because I just can't stand the idea of getting copies of Ben. I'm just going to keep saving up for now.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Glad to see it, but I'm kind of sorry you also have Ellen. I think Ellen may have been a bit of a trap. She could still be amazing if combat and exploration are merged together a bit more later on, because her movement is great, and it's the main thing that got me to pull for her. Well, that, and I already pulled a copy of Lycaon twice. What I didn't know is that:

This game has an equivalent of the gods from Genshin Impact, Ellen of course is not one of them, and the first one to be released will likely also be an ice DPS. Zhu really looks like the way to go for an early pull, though. Most of the other early characters seem like stronger versions of existing characters. I have enough for Zhu if I would win the 50/50, but I'm going to pass for now, because I just can't stand the idea of getting copies of Ben. I'm just going to keep saving up for now.
Don't feel sorry, I wanted Ellen badly and she's my fav agent from the ones I have (well that might change now that I pulled Zhu Yuan since I really like her as well lmao). Her playstyle is cool and she combos well with my C6 Soukaku. HoYo even went and did a very good dualsense haptic feedback implementation for her combat moves, so it's very satisfying whenever I pull combos or ult with her.

Plus I really like her as a character and that matters a lot for me, and tbh I don't really care if the meta changes and she'll lose some relevancy. Anyway, wishing you luck in case you'll decide to try for Zhu for your 50/50. If not gl on the next banner. 🤞

Neon Xenon

RNGesus was finally on my side, and I managed to snag Zhu Yuan with my 50/50 pity roll. :messenger_sunglasses:

Quickly leveled her up to 40 and tomorrow Imma start farming her disc drives.

e1vkdZV.jpeg

Happy you managed to pull her. Zhu Yuan really is a charming character (on top of being hot). Meanwhile, I've done enough from questing to where attempting (really need to emphasize "attempting") to roll a copy isn't off the table for me...

Really don't remember the last time I've had such a like-hate relationship with a game.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So close yet so far to get the S rank in Shiyu Defense 10th node. :lollipop_pensive: Need to improve my time a bit in that first boss encounter.

PRl3vtE.png
I'm yet to level up Soukaku to lvl 50 to make an attempt on beating the 10th stage. There's only 5 more levels left but I need to get some more resources for the future (those event buffs via coffee for discs and upgrade items are great btw!) and there's this... stupid trust mission for Billy where you need him to be lvl 25 and go through lvl 25 Hollow.... ugh, so I need to waste resources on that as well... or not... idk what I'll do with this one yet.

Anyway, maybe next week, I still need to beat the 9th stage and get an S rank there - still can't do it, but I'm close:messenger_open_mouth:

Really don't remember the last time I've had such a like-hate relationship with a game.
Yeah, well, I mean, after reading some of my posts here someone might (and probably will) think that I hate the game, but it's not the game really (which is great), it's some of the F2P aspects of it that I really dislike and... well, it is what it is, not my fault. I've no intention of stop playing the game though cuz the good stuff in it overweighs the bad:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Pejo

So damn you Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives and your gifs...

I ended up trying this game anyways, and the game is actually really good. I'm still miffed about the censorship, but there are certain doors you can open that allows you to peer into a world where it never happened. Also some doors open new paths to things that never were, but could be...

WeScvFe.jpeg
08WB6oa.jpeg

The gameplay is really solid though. A bit easy and the harder stuff is mostly just due to timers/dps checks, but I really like the TV gameplay too. They've already found a lot of different minigames they can emulate using the TVs, I was impressed. My biggest complaint is that there isn't enough combat in the repeatable modes. Like that roguelike mode with the resonances, you only fight 1-2 things per map.

I really like the "Rally" stage types, where you spend more time in the combat levels and solve simple puzzles/do barebones exploration. Those are the absolute pinnacle of the game for me, so far.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Happy you managed to pull her. Zhu Yuan really is a charming character (on top of being hot). Meanwhile, I've done enough from questing to where attempting (really need to emphasize "attempting") to roll a copy isn't off the table for me...

Thanks, man! Here's hoping you'll manage to pull her soon as well. 🤞 It took me 250 pulls in total in the limited banner to get both Ellen and Zhu Yuan, so I understand where you're coming from with your love-hate relationship for this game. 😅 I'm just happy that I managed to snag Zhu in my 50/50 instead of going all the way to the guaranteed roll.

So close yet so far to get the S rank in Shiyu Defense 10th node. :lollipop_pensive: Need to improve my time a bit in that first boss encounter.

PRl3vtE.png

I’m on stage 10 as well, just can’t quite get S rank lol, that said other then leveling up and working on skills I haven’t done much else for my characters. They have appropriate discs in their W engines, but none of the discs are that great, just placeholders to enable the set effects. I figure once I get proper discs going I’ll give it another try

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I’m on stage 10 as well, just can’t quite get S rank lol, that said other then leveling up and working on skills I haven’t done much else for my characters. They have appropriate discs in their W engines, but none of the discs are that great, just placeholders to enable the set effects. I figure once I get proper discs going I’ll give it another try
Yeah, we'll get there eventually once we farm more disc drives. XD

I think from my team only Ellen and Soukaku have good disc drives. Zhu and Grace have decent ones, while Nicole has placehorder ones just to activate the set effects. So yeah, there's a lot of room for improvement still.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I also need to put this game down for a bit now that I cleared almost all the story content and have gotten both Ellen and Zhu, but it's like crack and I just can't lol.

The gameplay coupled with the slice-of-life elements keeps pulling me back, and I've already clocked 100+ hours since launch, which is quite a lot for me considering it's been only a month since ZZZ's release.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Okay, this is probably the last update for today, but I've managed to snag a couple of good disc drives for Zhu Yuan with the help of those increased drop rates, and tried the Shiyu Defense 10th node again.

Suffice to say that the 1st phase went much better with Zhu DPSing the shit out of that boss lol.

upqstzU.png

VFb5okf.png

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Finally S ranked the 9th stage...

0Z25kwq.jpeg

The 10th stage though is complete trash with terrible first boss - you're wasting a lot of time chasing this motherfucker around, his attacks for parries are complete BS and he likes to spawn this effin' death from above move a lot wasting precious seconds and you can hit him. I simply hate giant boss robots in this game with passion.

2Nl6jWy.jpeg

This is the best I can do now and I simply can't do better no matter what I do. I can't help but think that everything here was designed by a masochist as well as this joke:

aJuk922.jpeg

oOt9rWG.jpeg

How can you ever finish all this BS in 8 days without spending a fortune on MTX and without overleveling by 5-10 lvls at least? I can't even beat the first fight out of two fast enough (A rank after the fight and before the second one lol) cuz I don't have a good Electric team and it doesnt even matter cuz it's impossible unless you're overleveled by 5-10 lvls at least and that's including characters, engines, discs etc. at max levels.

I'm starting to think that I'm not gonna like the Shiyu Defense endgame stuff in this game at all based on what's in the 1.0 release after the first node (and even with the last 2 stages in it) and will be skipping all this entirely and not going to look back.

Last edited:
Critical shiyu defense is like the superstring dimension in honkai, you can safely ignore it if you aren't at max level.
The time limit isn't really a time limit, the mode isn't going anywhere, the time limit is for the weather rotation (combat modifiers); so where shiyu defense is just static and you beat it once and move on, critical shiyu defense is the endgame variation where it changes every time it resets so you can keep challenging it with different teams.
Suffice to say that the 1st phase went much better with Zhu DPSing the shit out of that boss lol.
considering how low grace's score is, and how your time is only a few seconds faster than mine, you'd probably do even better by dropping grace entirely.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

considering how low grace's score is, and how your time is only a few seconds faster than mine, you'd probably do even better by dropping grace entirely.
I messed up during that second boss with Ellen, and frankly Soukaku managed to salvage the fight for me since I was seconds away from not getting the S rank lol.

Yesterday I had better results with the same team composition, but used a different bangboo, and Ellen did around twice the damage Soukaku did. But yeah, I'll probably do some more tinkering. I also need to upgrade the other bangboos since only Butler is at lvl 50, while the other two (Ether and Ice) are lvl 40.

PRl3vtE.png

VFb5okf.png

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Critical shiyu defense is like the superstring dimension in honkai, you can safely ignore it if you aren't at max level.

The time limit isn't really a time limit, the mode isn't going anywhere, the time limit is for the weather rotation (combat modifiers); so where shiyu defense is just static and you beat it once and move on, critical shiyu defense is the endgame variation where it changes every time it resets so you can keep challenging it with different teams.
Yeah, I just don't see myself going through all this unless I'll have all characters and all their shit 10 lvls above (except disc which have fixed lvls) the needed level. It's not even a matter of how good you are at playing the game, it's just a matter of BS team pairing (related to the lack of A rank characters cuz of which you can't build teams if you don't like free characters) and locking everything behind max levels, so even if most of what you have characters, engines etc. matches the lvl needed, it doesn't matter, you're not gonna win it.

If I had played HSR I'd probably know what to expect and wouldn't be so mad and frustrated, but it's my first ever experience with all this so it is what it is:messenger_expressionless:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Hmm I can't get any further with a simple button mashing. In which order should I use the characters? For the maximum damage?

I have Anby, Anton, Grace and Ellen, Soukaku, Anby

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Hmm I can't get any further with a simple button mashing. In which order should I use the characters? For the maximum damage?
1) Support 2) Stun 3) Damage for chain attacks and party formation - you need to always finish chain attack with your best damage dealer (based on the enemy weaknesses) and use ults after you stagger an enemy and going through chain attacks, cuz if you won't do that, the damage won't be as high.

Last edited:
Haven't played star rail, so I don't know if it has an equivalent, but it's definitely like honkai's superstring dimension.
I messed up during that second boss with Ellen, and frankly Soukaku managed to salvage the fight for me since I was seconds away from not getting the S rank lol.
I was actually just talking about the first part; boot off grace and get that bangboo to level 50, you'll probably do better.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I was actually just talking about the first part; boot off grace and get that bangboo to level 50, you'll probably do better.
Oh, I misread that as Ellen instead of Grace for some reason. :messenger_grinning_sweat: I don't even know why I used Grace for that first fight, tbh. XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom