• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Hmm I can't get any further with a simple button mashing. In which order should I use the characters? For the maximum damage?

I have Anby, Anton, Grace and Ellen, Soukaku, Anby

You list Anby twice but
Ellen and Soukaku as the core of 1 team (ice) then a flex spot for whatever you need

Grace, Anton as the core of another team (electric), with a flex spot there too

Yes, I am currently using her in 2 groups. I also have Zhu Yuan, but she's only lvl 10.
Even better, since you will have Nicole as well, you can pair her up with Zhu to form the core of an Ether team.

That’s 3 potential teams right there. Now it’s just a matter of getting them leveled and built, weapons, etc. personally I’d save discs for last as it’s RNG, but all the other stuff like skills is guaranteed progression, so do those first (imo)

Well, I have like 60+ E.Master Tapes and around 12k polychrome, and thought to myself, if I’m not pulling for at least the next 2 patches and I don’t have a good weapon for Zhu… (have been using star light engine) I should try and pull for her weapon… 50 pulls later I have Zhu’s signature W Engine lol

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yes, I am currently using her in 2 groups. I also have Zhu Yuan, but she's only lvl 10.
Depending on your financial situation in game (as well as how much upgrade items and disc you have etc.), you need to level her up to lvl 50, farm / craft Ether S rank discs, upgrade core skills to 9 (at least) and... well, W-Engine is a bit diffucult cuz there's only one good engine for her (except her signature S rank Engine you need waste polys on), it's behind a paywall and it's Cannon Rotor (I have it, it's lvl 50 and it's great):

new-eridu-city-fund-growth-plan-upgrade-v0-pfsucnvqwycd1.jpeg

Zhu is an insane damage dealer and invaluable when it comes to building the Ether team which you need to build,... well, unless you don't care about the endgame stuff in 1.0 that is.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So, after thinking about it over the last few days and seeing that I don't have an Electric team ready (I don't like Anton with his stupid Bro at all and he's not a support character), I decided to skip Qingyi and go for agent select to get Rina cuz she's the only Electric Support character in the game, I need her, I got her signature engine now (I wish it was Rina instead but you can't argue with RNG:messenger_weary:) and there's Bangoo with high Electric damage I unlocked ~ month ago so it'll cover this part of the team nicely:messenger_relieved:

Db0YStb.jpeg

I also got a bunch of characters and W-Engine dupes specifically for the characters I needed (Soukaku, Lucy and Anby) since I started to level their shit up for the future anyways, so it was the good investment in my eyes. I mean, go figure how and why the RNG decided to do this for me, but outside of not getting Rina, I've no complaints:messenger_smiling_with_eyes::messenger_ok:

If I'll manage to save enough polys and exclusive tapes to try and get Jane, I'll think about searching for her, but if not, I'll at least get Seth and that'll be the end of it until the next character will go live.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Well, I have like 60+ E.Master Tapes and around 12k polychrome, and thought to myself, if I’m not pulling for at least the next 2 patches and I don’t have a good weapon for Zhu… (have been using star light engine) I should try and pull for her weapon… 50 pulls later I have Zhu’s signature W Engine lol
Congrats dude! Her signature w engine looks really powerful and I would've given it a shot as well, bud sadly I'll probably only have like 30 pulls by the time Zhu banners ends, lol. Imma save my pulls for when Jane Doe's gyatt drops in-game.

Aenima

Depending on your financial situation in game (as well as how much upgrade items and disc you have etc.), you need to level her up to lvl 50, farm / craft Ether S rank discs, upgrade core skills to 9 (at least) and... well, W-Engine is a bit diffucult cuz there's only one good engine for her (except her signature S rank Engine you need waste polys on), it's behind a paywall and it's Cannon Rotor (I have it, it's lvl 50 and it's great):

new-eridu-city-fund-growth-plan-upgrade-v0-pfsucnvqwycd1.jpeg

Zhu is an insane damage dealer and invaluable when it comes to building the Ether team which you need to build,... well, unless you don't care about the endgame stuff in 1.0 that is.
The Starlight Engine is good for her and you can craft it. Its ranked as the 3rd best engine available for her. And the best one for F2P.

https://www.prydwen.gg/zenless/characters/zhu-yuan

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The Starlight Engine is good for her and you can craft it. Its ranked as the 3rd best engine available for her. And the best one for F2P.

https://www.prydwen.gg/zenless/characters/zhu-yuan
I considered going for Starlight Engine at first but here's the thing, I'm not asking wiki and such to tell me what I must do, I decided to go full-on Crit Rate + Crit Damage + Anomaly proficiency with Zhu and 20% to crit rates which Cannon Rotor provides along with specially tuned discs is exactly what I needed, I'm not even done tweaking disc yet, Zhu is already an unstoppable killing machine and everything else I get from Nicole and S rank Ether bangboo so....

h31WPHH.jpeg

Yeah, I'm fine my dude:messenger_peace::messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

The only potential downside is that you can't get dupes of Cannor Rotor to upgrade it in any other way but by subbing for battle pass, but if they'll be adding more levels to it with each update, it's not going to be a problem✋:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:
How are you guys building your Zhu’s discs?
4 - Energy Recharge
5- Pen Ratio
6- Crit Rate

I’m debating swapping Pen out for Ether Bonus, I but I feel like she’s already getting a lot of that from the set effect and the devilboo.

Last edited:

Aenima

Same as my Ellen,

Disk 4 - Crit Rate
Disk 5 - Ether Damage
Disk 6 - Attack

Zhu gets a 30% bonus crit rate when certain condicions are met, so if i get enough crit rate from sub stats i might go for crit damage for disk 4.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I went with Attack (disc drive 6) / Ether Damage (disc drive 5) / Crit Damage (disc drive 4). Have 30% crit rate and 160 crit damage without any active bonuses. I'm using Starlight Engine as my W engine.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm really hyped for Qingyi. I need an Electro attacker and I hate the way Anton plays, so she's exactly what I need for my account. Plus she's got some good deadpan humor writing so far.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm really hyped for Qingyi. I need an Electro attacker and I hate the way Anton plays, so she's exactly what I need for my account. Plus she's got some good deadpan humor writing so far.
But... she's a Stun character just like Anby, not a huge damage dealer...

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

What's the purpose of running 2 person teams? To get more Bangaboo switch assists?
Mainly to optimize DPS during the boss stun window since chain attack animations take too long and you don't want your lowest ATK agent hogging up those seconds. There's a bunch of discussion about this on reddit and why HoYo should add canceling animations which I agree with.

What's the purpose of running 2 person teams? To get more Bangaboo switch assists?
Yeah it's for dps, for full chain bosses you simply cut down on time with animations, for mid bosses (the ones that don't get a full chain) and regular mobs it can vastly increase your damage output because you get access to the bangboo attack without a full chain, and properly leveled combat bangboo do serious damage, by being able to activate it over and over again you can dispatch mobs really fast so you don't waste any time getting to the boss.

For hollow zero it can also be good to only run two, because the synergy resonia buff bangboo to insane levels and you can get two additional ones with you.

Mainly to optimize DPS during the boss stun window since chain attack animations take too long and you don't want your lowest ATK agent hogging up those seconds. There's a bunch of discussion about this on reddit and why HoYo should add canceling animations which I agree with.

Yeah it's for dps, for full chain bosses you simply cut down on time with animations, for mid bosses (the ones that don't get a full chain) and regular mobs it can vastly increase your damage output because you get access to the bangboo attack without a full chain, and properly leveled combat bangboo do serious damage, by being able to activate it over and over again you can dispatch mobs really fast so you don't waste any time getting to the boss.

For hollow zero it can also be good to only run two, because the synergy resonia buff bangboo to insane levels and you can get two additional ones with you.
They really need to rework the combat so it doesn't incentivize people to do this. Off the top of my head, chain attacks stop the timer, and bangboo gains or loses damage depending on how many members are in your party. That might work.

Last edited:

Pejo

They really need to rework the combat so it doesn't incentivize people to do this. Off the top of my head, chain attacks stop the timer, and bangboo gains or loses damage depending on how many members are in your party. That might work.
I remember the dev note saying they're going to implement a system to allow a button press to skip the chain attacks in the future, so maybe that will help. But yea, not stopping the timer during basically cutscenes where you can't do anything is bad design.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I remember the dev note saying they're going to implement a system to allow a button press to skip the chain attacks in the future, so maybe that will help. But yea, not stopping the timer during basically cutscenes where you can't do anything is bad design.
As well as for the timer to continue working for 5-6s after you killed bosses, which is BS and frankly - FUCK timers!

I mean, if I'd to write everything everything there is that needs to be fixed and improved in this game, it can take a few pages here:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Biker mommy 👀

:messenger_hushed:That's one hell of defence character!:lollipop_fire:Amazing design as well:messenger_smiling_hearts:
The fire team will be unstopable:messenger_horns::messenger_open_mouth:

Added her to the first post. Can't wait to see her combat style and how she plays:messenger_grinning:

I dont think thers any content yet that asks for a defender type of character.
Maybe by the time they'll release her, there will be.

Here's the thing though, I think they should turn these types of characters into tanks, high DPS dealers and defence buffers for the team while also making the game harder to emphasise the use of characters like this to make through the challenges etc. This will also fix the issue which is that you literally can't die in the game unless you go for missions that are 10 or so levels above you, but what I'm talking about will make the game more interesting with fair challenge and also add skill checks etc.

But for now, yeah, the way they think defence characters should be like in the game and in combat, is really not what they should be like and combat is not designed the way I describe it to make a difference and make it more deep, complex, diverse, interesting etc. I'll let them know what I think in the next survey cuz there's still time before they'll release Caesar:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Man, it's a tad annoying to play this game on mobile just with the touch controls, but at least I can quickly do my dailies and battery. 😅

Pejo

Biker mommy 👀

I don't understand the purpose of defenders as a class in a game with an invincible dodge/invincible parry (assist swapping) and where most of the important modes have DPS checks or timers that penalize slower play. Stunners make sense, even Supporters, but not Defenders.

Anyways, love her design, but I fail to see the point.

*edit*

New hot mod just dropped:
66b869c25512c.jpg

Last edited:

Aenima

Finally equiped enough disks on my Zhu and Nicole to be able to do a 2nd team for Shiyu Defense, managed to get all 10 stages at rank S and the 1st stage of the new sector also at S.

Still need to farm material to level up they skills and engines cuz both my Zhu and Nicole still using lv40 engines and my Nicole still with all disks at lv 0.

After leveling up all the material for skills, engines, disks, its going back to farming disks cuz alot of my substats could be better. I see Hoyoverse still have the stats rigged t mostly drop HP and Defense stats.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
my Nicole still with all disks at lv 0.
Same. I honestly haven't decided what to do with her.

The thing with Nicole is that she's so weak in combat at close range and don't have range attacks (except EX attack which you need to build the energy for) that... Idk. We stuck with her as she's the only Ether support character and god only knows when there'll be a much better replacement.

Do post an update when you level up her discs and tell if she's better or not in combat after that.

I don't understand the purpose of defenders as a class in a game with an invincible dodge/invincible parry (assist swapping) and where most of the important modes have DPS checks or timers that penalize slower play. Stunners make sense, even Supporters, but not Defenders.
Well as I've said, there is a purpose for defence characters, but the problem is that there's no proper combat design for them in the game yet... at least the way I see it - they need to rework their approach to combat, challenge and emphasize the use of defence characters (make them more like tanks with high DPS) to finish combat encounters and boss fights.

she's not fire, she's physical, sons of calydon only have one fire type so far and it's just lucy;
Oh I know that:messenger_grinning_smiling:

It's just my fire team is Lucy, Koleda and Piper sinse myHoYo likes to pair enemies with Fire and Physical resistances in almost all challanges, so I'll gladly replace Piper with Caesar and it'll be a killer team even visually as well:lollipop_fire:

Speakin' of Lucy btw, her EX attack in combination with Koleda follow-up attack is great and helps build up Fire and apply Burn anomaly much faster than Keleda can do it on her own, plus you can launch Koleda follow-up attack right after Lucy launches her EX attack each time which helps a lot in clearing out crowds of enemies and trigger chain attacks faster(y)

lighter is probably fire as well going by his name.
If it's a male character, I don't care.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
What the hell!? :messenger_open_mouth: One more :lollipop_fire:af character for the biker faction already?:messenger_grinning:

f74845ece53e888094de7c7681fdba9c_6088761050726551506.png

How on earth we'll be able to save up so many polys for them both? I'm starting to think that I should skip Jane as well:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Also, 1.1 pre-download is LIVE!

Dear Proxy:

Version 1.1 is now available for pre-download. Proxies can follow the instructions below to download part of the files in advance. This will allow you to access the game faster once the update maintenance ends.

[Pre-Download Details]

● PC

The pre-download file is about 12 GB.

● Mobile (Android and iOS)

The pre-download file is about 8 GB.

Due to the large size of the download, please ensure that you have sufficient space on your device and that you download the files using Wi-Fi.

※ The Voice Pack(s) installed on the client will affect the space required for the pre-download.

[How to Pre-Download]

● PC

Open the HoYoPlay Launcher, and the "Pre-Download" icon will appear next to the "Start Game" button. Click the corresponding icon to being the download.

※ PC users can continue playing the game during the pre-download.

● Mobile (Android and iOS)

Open the game, tap the "Pre-Download Resources" icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen to start downloading.

※ Mobile users will not be able to play the game during the pre-download. Please plan your pre-download time accordingly.

In addition, the dev team are scheduled to perform version update maintenance. During this time, you will be unable to log into the game. Please stay tuned for info related to the game update.

[Version Update Time]

2024/08/14 06:00:00 (UTC+8) We estimate this will take five hours.

For details on aspects such as new gameplay, optimizations, bug fixes, and compensation, please look out for future version update info.

[Version Update Compensation]

Server Update Compensation: Polychrome ×300

Server Update Compensation Eligibility: Proxies who are lv. 4 or above before 2024/08/14 06:00:00 (UTC+8).

Server Update Compensation will be issued via the in-game mail after the update has been completed. The claim deadline is before the end of Version 1.1.

[How to Update]

Once the update maintenance starts, Proxies can follow the in-game instructions to update their game.

● PC

Exit the game, restart, then select update.

● Android

After entering the game, follow the in-game pop-up instructions to complete the update.

● iOS

Go to the App Store and select update.

● PS5™

Open the PS5 home screen > Highlight Zenless Zone Zero > Press the Options button on your controller > Select Check for Update.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Obviously we need to see their combat styles (especially for Caesar), but Burnice and Caesar are much more appealing characters than Qingyi (replacement of Anby) and Jane (replacement of Piper with not so great fighting style, although I still want to see and check for myself in a couple of days to make sure) to me. And given that we'll be waiting for them at least 2-3 months (I bet they'll launch them just like Qingyi and Jane), we'll manage to save a lot of polys to get them both and what's even more important - Burnice and Caesar are not replacements for anyone in the game.

Um... speaking of VA btw. Am I the only one here who plays the game with Japanese VA? I've seen people mention online that English VA is not the best in these Chinese F2P gacha games, so I didn't even bother to play with English VA. In general, I think Japanese VA is always better cuz it's a lot more emotional, expressive and just better overall, but I get that some people might not like to read subs:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:
but Burnice and Caesar are much more appealing characters than Qingyi (replacement for Anby)
Is Qingyi the police chick? I like Anby so if she only just replaces her I will save my 25 odd pulls for now. I'm still really early game (I only play occasionally for like a mission or so) so probably not a big deal but I don't want to waste my limited reels .

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Is Qingyi the police chick? I like Anby so if she only just replaces her I will save my 25 odd pulls for now.
Yeah, Qingyi is from Zhu's squad and replacement of Anby. Here's the thing though, Qingyi has much better fighting style with Electric AOE attacks while Anby is only good against one enemy at a time unless they're grouped together but even then you can only hit them all with the EX attack, not regular attacks.

I'm still really early game (I only play occasionally for like a mission or so) so probably not a big deal but I don't want to waste my limited reels .
If you like Anby and how she plays, don't waste polys on Qingyi.

I don't like Anby's fighting style myself but I'm not going to be waste polys on a replacement character cuz then I need to level up Qingyi to lvl 50 with all of her skills, passives and stuff instead of dedicating resources, time and energy on other characters which is much more important and.... Well, just F that, it's not worth it, especially cuz the game is so stingy on polys, tapes and other stuff at the moment, not to mention that we don't know yet if they'll be extending battle passes to 50/100 more levels etc. which could help us to get more resources and stuff.

Top Bottom