• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, as expected, New Eridu City Fund is one time ticket per major update and you have to buy one again, even rewards are all the same and in the same order. Have anyone even use those replacements for resources? I'm collecting these bitches for the very last moment to skip the grind and max characters quickly, cuz the amount of grind you need to go through to craft max level upgrades and the amount of money you need for each agent... :messenger_confounded:

A7M8pyK.jpeg

No new trials were added for the new story content (not to mention agent stories), which is a huge shame cuz they had decent rewards and free polys:messenger_pensive:

ALZHZ30.jpeg

And this is what I'd like to see when it comes to Shiyu defence, pure action and skill oriented challenges without BS timers which are only in the game to annoy the fuck out of ya and even more BS predetermined characters builds, which are preventing you from completing challenges with S and even A rank just cuz you stupid motherfucker built your characters the wrong way and not how miHoYo want you to (Fuck that 24/7/365). Again, just pure action and test of your reflexes, skills, how good you are at dodging, parrying etc. so, if you manage not to lose an agent during the fights, here's an S rank for ya and take as much time as you want to complete the challenge. That's effin' great! But it's such a shame though that these challenges are just one time thing and when you finish them all, there's no point in going back.

Q6CWEXL.jpeg

But this motherfucker on the 6th stage is no joke, I'm not doing even close to enough damage to him and his attacks are brutal af, but no big deal, I'll come back when all agents will be level 60 with fully lvld discs (don't have the money and resources yet to lvl up all HP and DEF disc yet, but I'm getting there).

sgG0p4X.jpeg

There's also a huge number of commissions they throw at you as soon as you update the game etc. so if you're lvl 49, they can help to get to lvl 50 faster. Haven't seen new rally missions yet, didn't check new stuff in Hollow Zero but I tried to beat the hive boss again and I'm just not there yet in terms of discs (haven't leveled them all up - HP and DEF) to fight her cuz she does a lot of damage along with all the BS she throws at you just like the first time, I'll try with lvl 60 agents and before then there's plenty of stuff to do:messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, as expected, New Eridu City Fund is one time ticket per major update and you have to buy one again, even rewards are all the same and in the same order. Have anyone even use those replacements for resources? I'm collecting these bitches for the very last moment to skip the grind and max characters quickly, cuz the amount of grind you need to go through to craft max level upgrades and the amount of money you need for each agent... :messenger_confounded:
I'd consider the pass if they gave more standard banner pulls. The rest of the stuff is just luxury goods that you'll eventually have stockpiles of over time, but they're (predictably) stingy with standard pulls. It's probably the 2nd best overall value after the 4.99 pass though, so no shame for buying if you want the materials and don't want to wait/farm them.
And this is what I'd like to see when it comes to Shiyu defence, pure action and skill oriented challenges without BS times which are only in the game to annoy the fuck out of ya and even more BS predetermined characters builds, which are preventing you from completing challenges with S and even A rank just cuz you stupid motherfucker built your characters the wrong way and not how miHoYo want you to (Fuck that 24/7/365). Again, just pure action and test of your reflexes, skills, how good you are at dodging, parrying etc. so, if you manage not to lose an agent during the fights, here's an S rank for ya and take as much time as you want to complete the challenge. That's effin' great! But it's such a shame though that these challenges are just one time thing and when you finish them all, there's no point in going back.
Sadly this is a HoYo staple in all of their games. An endgame mode where you either buy your way (usually favoring the latest banner character so they can create the problem and sell you the solution), or pay your way in the form of time spent grinding for substats on disks. Each one of their gachas have it, from HI3 to Genshin to Star Rail and now ZZZ. They don't make any money off of players actually gittin' gud, so they will never incentivize that.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Prydwen 1.1 tier list update

wlxhe9b66kid1.png

Changelog notes:

The second Shiyu Defense phase is well under way and more players have far better Disc Drives and higher level Agents and W-Engines to work with. When updating our tier lists we like to align them with the release of endgame character play rates and score data to ensure what we’ve observed in the community and tested ourselves aligns with the bigger picture. As we’ve now got our first batch of proper endgame data with players close to or at max level with reasonable Disc Drives we feel it necessary to make a few changes to the tier list.
  • [Nicole] T1 -> T0.5. Nicole is currently one of the most dominant characters in Shiyu Defense, thanks to her incredible synergy with Zhu Yuan - one of the strongest damage dealers in the game. And with the release of Qingyi and replacement of Anby this powerhouse team gets even stronger, further boosting Nicole’s power level and meta relevancy. On top of this Nicole also has a number of other lower power team compositions she see’s regular use in such as Nekomata or Billy teams making her a flexible unit if need be as well. We feel even at Mindscape 0 Nicole has proven herself to be one of the top supports in the meta and are raising her up a tier.
  • [Rina] T0.5 -> T1. Rina currently feels like she’s falling short of her placement on the tier list when compared to the power houses of Soukaku and Nicole who each have a solid spot in the two most powerful meta teams (Ellen and Zhu Yuan teams). Rina can be played alongside Soukaku and Ellen in double support set-ups or as a substitute for Soukaku if desired but neither option is currently the go to or highest performing variant of this team. Alternatively, Rina can be played in Anomaly based teams as well, but unfortunately these teams haven’t quite seen the same success as the two aforementioned powerhouses just yet. We’re downgrading Rina from tier 0.5 to tier 1 for now given the sheer dominance of Nicole and Soukaku but are keeping a close eye on her as more anomaly and electric characters are released.
  • Stun Characters: With the release of Qingyi we contemplated making large adjustments to the Stun category of the tier list given the flexibility and potency of Qingyi’s kit. Thanks to her comically easy to activate additional ability requirements and her completely generic Stun damage amplification she can be played in literally any combat based team to very great effect. For these reasons we considered placing her as the sole T0 character above Lycaon as even in Ice teams she isn’t too far behind his damage amplification. For now though as we expect both Lycaon and Qingyi to achieve incredible Shiyu results and as Lycaon does still have a small edge in one of the two best teams we’re placing Qingyi alongside him but keeping an eye on the situation.
  • M0/M6: Considering that the banners in ZZZ feature only 2 A-Rank characters compared to the usual 3, it's easier to obtain their dupes. Because of that we're planning to introduce a toggle switch similar to the one we have in Honkai: Star Rail tier list that allows you to switch between A-Rank characters at M0 and M6. This feature will be introduced most likely with Jane Doe release, so in a few weeks - as we need to test all the characters at M6 now to judge their power level.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So after I got Zhu last month, I was just 15 searches away from getting an S rank character in the exclusive channel so I though.... eh, what the hell, they gave us almost 20 free exclusive tapes with 1.1 release, I've got almost 8K polys saved as well as a bunch of currency to buy the tapes later and after refresh and search progress carries over to the next exclusive character so... maybe I'll finally get Rina...?

Got Qingyi after the first 10 searches...:messenger_open_mouth::messenger_face_screaming:
1ReN8CH.jpeg

I'm sure that Zhu will be happy and these two will have a great time together:messenger_tears_of_joy:

ezgif-5-21cb5d50b6.gif

It means I'm back to 50/50:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

[*][Rina] T0.5 -> T1. Rina currently feels like she’s falling short of her placement on the tier list when compared to the power houses of Soukaku and Nicole who each have a solid spot in the two most powerful meta teams (Ellen and Zhu Yuan teams). Rina can be played alongside Soukaku and Ellen in double support set-ups or as a substitute for Soukaku if desired but neither option is currently the go to or highest performing variant of this team. Alternatively, Rina can be played in Anomaly based teams as well, but unfortunately these teams haven’t quite seen the same success as the two aforementioned powerhouses just yet. We’re downgrading Rina from tier 0.5 to tier 1 for now given the sheer dominance of Nicole and Soukaku but are keeping a close eye on her as more anomaly and electric characters are released.
What the....? How can Rina be so bad and why there's no mention of the fact that she's the only Electric support character in the game for the foreseeable future? Can't she synergize well with Electric DPS and Stun characters, provide support, energy regen and stuff just like Nicole is a huge help for Zhu in combat? Am I missing something here? It's just doesn't make sense to me:messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

So after I got Zhu last month, I was just 15 searches away from getting an S rank character in the exclusive channel so I though.... eh, what the hell, they gave us almost 20 free exclusive tapes with 1.1 release, I've got almost 8K polys saved as well as a bunch of currency to buy the tapes later and after refresh and search progress carries over to the next exclusive character so... maybe I'll finally get Rina...?

Got Qingyi after the first 10 searches...:messenger_open_mouth::messenger_face_screaming:
1ReN8CH.jpeg

I'm sure that Zhu will be happy and these two will have a great time together:messenger_tears_of_joy:

ezgif-5-21cb5d50b6.gif

It means I'm back to 50/50:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:
You're one lucky mf....
What the....? How can Rina be so bad and why there's no mention of the fact that she's the only Electric support character in the game for the foreseeable future? Can't she synergize well with Electric DPS and Stun characters, provide support, energy regen and stuff just like Nicole is a huge help for Zhu in combat? Am I missing something here? It's just doesn't make sense to me:messenger_expressionless:
Idk, but I don't like her playstyle at all. I hope that my next agent from the permanent banner is Lycaon or a good W engine, lol.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Anyway, I've played a fair bit of the new stuff that's been with 1.1 patch. Finished all those new combat missions, and also did that hollow zero special mission. It was pretty tough and after beating it I've unlocked this new end-game activity. 😳

OtGMBWY.png

I've also gotten the last drive disc I was missing for Zhu (had an A disc before getting this one) so I redid the shiyu defense 10th node and managed to shave off another 15 sec or so from the first encounter. :D

Fw5bKor.png

ynfbTuc.png

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
You're one lucky mf....
Am I though?:messenger_open_mouth:

Along with Qingiy I also got a bunch of effin' Antons I don't give a shit about:messenger_weary:, so my luck is not as good and I wish I got a bunch of Lucy dupes instead, cuz unlike stupid Anton and his Bro who I will never use ever (not to mention lvl him up), I use Lucy a lot and she's great(y)

I mean, as good as Qingiy is (I'll never use Anby every again from now on), I still don't have great fire DPS character which I really need cuz I'm stuck with Lucy and Koleda as Stun and Support characters and... they're not so good at dealing damage some challenges need, I can use Zhu of course and I do but... bosses weak to fire damage don't give a shit and Pen is not Zhu's stronger suit.

Idk, but I don't like her playstyle at all. I hope that my next agent from the permanent banner is Lycaon or a good W engine, lol.
myHoYo fucked it up. I like Rina, she's so fast and smooth to play, her fighting style is not super exciting like Zhu's for example, but Nicole is way, WAY worse and she can't keep distance from enemies like Rina, deal great damage and move fast. Uh, I wish I got Rina, man:messenger_pensive:

Anyway, I've played a fair bit of the new stuff that's been with 1.1 patch. Finished all those new combat missions, and also did that hollow zero special mission. It was pretty tough and after beating it I've unlocked this new end-game activity. 😳

OtGMBWY.png
Yeah, I also finished all combat commisions they thrown at me after the update with an S rank easily, except the one with the hive which requires level 55 I haven't even started - I'll get back to it later with lvl 60 characters. I like these missions and there's no BS timers there which is a HUGE PLUS as well!

I've also gotten the last drive disc I was missing for Zhu (had an A disc before getting this one) so I redid the shiyu defense 10th node and managed to shave off another 15 sec or so from the first encounter. :D
I think I've most agents with good discs (still have to craft 1 or 2 though for a few characters to optimize better), but there's 2 agents like Koleda and Lucy which I need to get good discs for still - they have S rank ones already, but I need to replace a bunch cuz they're not good, which means I need to deal with RNG again and I don't want to waste S rank tuning items just now, cuz they're so effin' rare and there's no guarantee that I'll get good secondary stats and 4 of them instead of 3. I need to think and decide what's the best course of action here on my own without wiki and such.

Btw, have you played Nikke? I was watching videos about it yesterday and this game has some great stuff when it comes to character management, like, there's a shit ton of characters with a bunch of replacements, you need to level them up and their stuff anyway but than the game tells you - Hey, dude, um, did you know that you can downgrade character and all her stuff you don't need anymore, get all the resources you've spent back, level up and upgrade the new and much better one you just got? Now how fuckin' cool, generous, convinient and time saving is that? ZZZ needs this BADLY!

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Am I though?:messenger_open_mouth:

Along with Qingiy I also got a bunch of effin' Antons I don't give a shit about:messenger_weary:, so my luck is not as good and I wish I got a bunch of Lucy dupes instead, cuz unlike stupid Anton and his Bro who I will never use ever (not to mention lvl him up), I use Lucy a lot and she's great(y)
I mean, haven’t you won all of your 50/50s so far? If so, then yeah, you're one lucky mf, lmao. But maybe I'm wrong, and it was someone else who has won all their 50/50s so far? 🤔 Now you made me curious so I'll have to ask - how many pulls have you spent in the limited banner (exclusive channel) in total?
Btw, have you played Nikke? I was watching videos about it yesterday and this game has some great stuff when it comes to character management, like, there's a shit ton of characters with a bunch of replacements, you need to level them up and their stuff anyway but than the game tells you - Hey, dude, um, did you know that you can downgrade character and all her stuff you don't need anymore, get all the resources you've spent back, level up and upgrade the new and much better one you just got? Now how fuckin' cool, generous, convinient and time saving is that? ZZZ needs this BADLY!
I've played it for 20 or so hours. Their gacha is indeed better, but I didn't particularly enjoy the gameplay. I mostly used the auto-battle feature, and then I got bored and ditched it.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I mean, haven’t you won all of your 50/50s so far? If so, then yeah, you're one lucky mf, lmao. But maybe I'm wrong, and it was someone else who has won all their 50/50s so far? 🤔
Now that I think about it... yeah, I haven't lost a single 50/50 cuz I'm getting S rank characters within the first 90 searches and I never thought that I'll get Qingyi wihtin just first 10 after getting Zhu. But you know what, I've seen a bunch of screens from people who got 2-3 copies of Ellen and Zhu for example within a single 10 search roll so... maybe if I'd continued searching after getting Zhu, I would've got a her dupe I think since I got Qingyi right after Zhu. Idk, it's just super RNG and unpredictable, which is of corse exacly the way they designed this system to work in the first place.

Now you made me curious so I'll have to ask - how many pulls have you spent in the limited banner (exclusive channel) in total?
It's 240 searches in the exclusive channel and 215 in the stable one so far. So it looks like I got only one S rank character and an S rank Rina's W-Engine in the stable channel and 3 S rank characters within 240 searches in the exclusive channel - Ellen, Zhu and Qingyi. So, does it mean that I'm lucky?

I've played it for 20 or so hours. Their gacha is indeed better, but I didn't particularly enjoy the gameplay. I mostly used the auto-battle feature, and then I got bored and ditched it.
Yeah, it's not something I'm going to play but man, this game sure as has a much better gatcha system, aside from the outsfits gacha of course which is really bad.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Now that I think about it... yeah, I haven't lost a single 50/50 cuz I'm getting S rank characters within the first 90 searches and I never thought that I'll get Qingyi wihtin just first 10 after getting Zhu. But you know what, I've seen a bunch of screens from people who got 2-3 copies of Ellen and Zhu for example within a single 10 search roll so... maybe if I'd continued searching after getting Zhu, I would've got a her dupe I think since I got Qingyi right after Zhu. Idk, it's just super RNG and unpredictable, which is of corse exacly the way they designed this system to work in the first place.

It's 240 searches in the exclusive channel and 215 in the stable one so far. So it looks like I got only one S rank character and an S rank Rina's W-Engine in the stable channel and 3 S rank characters within 240 searches in the exclusive channel - Ellen, Zhu and Qingyi. So, does it mean that I'm lucky?
The odds to win three 50/50s in a row like you did is about 12.5%. So yes you're indeed lucky that you've gotten all 3 limited S rank agents (Ellen, Zhu and Qingy) in just 240 pulls.
Yeah, it's not something I'm going to play but man, this game sure as has a much better gatcha system, aside from the outsfits gacha of course which is really bad.
Nikke is not a AAA gacha title, and in general, most, if not all, Korean gachas have more appealing gacha systems than HoYo titles like Genshin, HSR, and ZZZ. Don't expect any big budget HoYo game to make sweeping changes to its gacha systems when they’re the market leader by far. There’s zero incentive from a business point of view.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The odds to win three 50/50s in a row like you did is about 12.5%. So yes you're indeed lucky that you've gotten all 3 limited S rank agents (Ellen, Zhu and Qingy) in just 240 pulls.
Well, I only wish the same for the rest of you guys out here:messenger_spock::messenger_relieved:

Nikke is not a AAA gacha title, and in general, most, if not all, Korean gachas have more appealing gacha systems than HoYo titles like Genshin, HSR, and ZZZ. Don't expect any big budget HoYo game to make sweeping changes to its gacha systems when they’re the market leader by far. There’s zero incentive from a business point of view.
Oh, for sure they're not going to change unless there's real and very serious competion in AAA F2P gacha space. But I think that giving us the ability to downgrade the characters we don't need anymore is not something miHoYo can't do cuz it's not a huge negative thing for them - the game is great, a lot of people are into it already and will be playing it regardless, no?:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Well, I only wish the same for the rest of you guys out here:messenger_spock::messenger_relieved:

Oh, for sure they're not going to change unless there's real and very serious competion in AAA F2P gacha space. But I think that giving us the ability to downgrade the characters we don't need anymore is not something miHoYo can't do cuz it's not a huge negative thing for them - the game is great, a lot of people are into it already and will be playing it regardless, no?:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
Hmm... I would be quite surprised if they would do such a thing. Maybe at most you can retrieve like 25% of all the mats you've invested in an agent you no longer need, but again, this means that those players will no longer grind as much for the new agents they obtain and want to add to their main teams, which lowers player engagement, and potentially avg revenue per user. It's quite a difficult proposition, tbh, and I'm not sure if their economy design team would approve the feature. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Aenima

What i liked to see was the ability to reroll the substats of the disks. I play Nikke and Brown Dust 2 and both games allow you to reroll the substats. Farming disks/ aritifacts, etc forever expecting to be blessed by the RNG Gods is by far the worst part of hoyoverse games.

The level up and skill materials i dont mind to grind cuz they are not RNG, once you level up a charcter to the max, it stays like that and you can move to another one, but the disks could always be better cuz you end up with some substats you dont need.

And ZZZ already improved a little compared to they other games with the music shop, but the struggle to get decent substats continues the same.

For example for my Zhu, recetly i was farming disks in hopes to get a disk 5 with Ether damage as the main stat, and when i finally got it, the disk came cursed with 2 HP and 2 DEF substats, like WHHYYYYYYY???

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Hmm... I would be quite surprised if they would do such a thing. Maybe at most you can retrieve like 25% of all the mats you've invested in an agent you no longer need, but again, this means that those players will no longer grind as much for the new agents they obtain and want to add to their main teams, which lowers player engagement, and potentially avg revenue per user. It's quite a difficult proposition, tbh, and I'm not sure if their economy design team would approve the feature.
Nah. Say you don't like Anton, right, like, really don't like him (for which I won't blame ya) and don't have any other Electric character (Rina, Grace) and Anby is a girl and not so bad in combat, you won't have a choice if you want to go through the challenges, combat scenarios etc. to get the rewards and stuff for lvl ups and upgrades. And so, if there was such a system in place that could allow you to get all those resources back and upgrade much better character, it'll only incentivise people to play more cuz they know that if and when they get this much better character, they'll just get back all the resources. So no income stuff and player base will be compromised and people who play the game will be happy knowing that they're not wasting money and resources on some character they might no longer need one day, but what we have now is exact opposite of this. Like, why would you ever need Anby in your team if you got Qingyi? Right, there's no reason too at all and so there you have a lvl 50 A rank character you don't need and must grind to get the much better one up to lvl 50 again, but you could've done that for other agents or not for agents at all and for W-Engines so again, you're still playing the game, still doing dailies, nothing has changed except that you don't need to grind for the new character:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

What i liked to see was the ability to reroll the substats of the disks. I play Nikke and Brown Dust 2 and both games allow you to reroll the substats. Farming disks/ aritifacts, etc forever expecting to be blessed by the RNG Gods is by far the worst part of hoyoverse games.
Yeah, fuck this BS 24/7/365:messenger_pouting:

I don't like the disc stuff at all and especially cuz it is the only thing you can use to make the characters better (aside from dupes with buffs - which is even worse for the S rank characters), while also wasting a lot of energy and resources. Like, they have this S rank tuning thing, effin' 5 in the whole game, let us chose all the stats and not just the main one, gaddmnit! It is already frustrating enough as it is :messenger_face_steam:

The level up and skill materials i dont mind to grind cuz they are not RNG, once you level up a charcter to the max, it stays like that and you can move to another one, but the disks could always be better cuz you end up with some substats you dont need.
And ZZZ already improved a little compared to they other games with the music shop, but the struggle to get decent substats continues the same.
I also don't mind skill materials and lvl ups, they're very easy to get and manage, but discs are by far the worst thing in the game when it comes to character progression.

For example for my Zhu, recetly i was farming disks in hopes to get a disk 5 with Ether damage as the main stat, and when i finally got it, the disk came cursed with 2 HP and 2 DEF substats, like WHHYYYYYYY???
It's just the effin' worse, no way around it. I had plenty of discs like that and still do on Koleda and Lucy:messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Nah. Say you don't like Anton, right, like, really don't like him (for which I won't blame ya) and don't have any other Electric character (Rina, Grace) and Anby is a girl and not so bad in combat, you won't have a choice if you want to go through the challenges, combat scenarios etc. to get the rewards and stuff for lvl ups and upgrades. And so, if there was such a system in place that could allow you to get all those resources back and upgrade much better character, it'll only incentivise people to play more cuz they know that if and when they get this much better character, they'll just get back all the resources. So no income stuff and player base will be compromised and people who play the game will be happy knowing that they're not wasting money and resources on some character they might no longer need one day, but what we have now is exact opposite of this. Like, why would you ever need Anby in your team if you got Qingyi? Right, there's no reason too at all and so there you have a lvl 50 A rank character you don't need and must grind to get the much better one up to lvl 50 again, but you could've done that for other agents or not for agents at all and for W-Engines so again, you're still playing the game, still doing dailies, nothing has changed except that you don't need to grind for the new character:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
I know what you're saying, but I still don't see them doing it, and especially not at a 1 to 1 exchange of agent materials like you've originally suggested.

Aenima

Back when i played Genshin ppl already complained about how the artifact system was so shitty (exact same thing as disks but its called artifacts in genshin) and after all this years the only thing they did to adress the complaints was a music shop with a very rare item you can get to pit a main stat.

These guys really need serious competition to pull them out of the gacha throne cuz they really dont care. The Nikke devs are working on a AAA open world action RPG that should be gacha as well as its also releasing on mobile as well as console and PC, if they keep the gacha rates and mechanics from Nikke in they new game, it could shake things up to alot of other gachas. The problem is the game is schedule to 2027 so untill then its up to games like Project Mugen, Azur Promilia, WuWa, N.T.E. and so on to try make a diference.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I know what you're saying, but I still don't see them doing it, and especially not at a 1 to 1 exchange of agent materials like you've originally suggested.
Okay, maybe that's going too far for their first time, let's make it 50% then, I'd say it'll be fair.

Back when i played Genshin ppl already complained about how the artifact system was so shitty (exact same thing as disks but its called artifacts in genshin) and after all this years the only thing they did to adress the complaints was a music shop with a very rare item you can get to pit a main stat.
But even this is not a fix I think since those 4 additional stats are also important and BS RNG 90/100% of time will fuck you over and you'll just waste resources.

These guys really need serious competition to pull them out of the gacha throne cuz they really dont care. The Nikke devs are working on a AAA open world action RPG that should be gacha as well as its also releasing on mobile as well as console and PC, if they keep the gacha rates and mechanics from Nikke in they new game, it could shake things up to alot of other gachas. The problem is the game is schedule to 2027 so untill then its up to games like Project Mugen, Azur Promilia, WuWa, N.T.E. and so on to try make a diference.
All these guys need to just copy miHoYo's qiality and do it better in terms of gacha, it'll change everything.

I'm going to level with ya guys, I've played Genshin, didn't like it, then I tried to get into Wuthering Waves and... I just don't like exploring huge open worlds like this, collecting chests, wasting a lot of time wondering around and shit cuz I got sick of it in regular AA/AAA/B space already, so a much more focused, much better narrative and character driven game is exactly what I need and ZZZ has this in spades, as well as excellent and addicting combat. So what I'm trying to say is that in my case, even if these games you've mentione will have better gacha systems, I'm still not going to play them if they'll be similar to Genshin and Wuthering Waves and will be completely open world. ZZZ showed this year that this is what F2P SP only gacha games should be like, not 1608916098627 wanna be Genshin game cuz they're all pretty much the same with a few differences.

I really hope that other F2P devs will seriously look at what miHoYo did with ZZZ and abandon open world completely in favor of more focused SP only narrative driven games with gacha elements, if we're talking about dethroning miHoYo. The sooner they all will realize that, the more they'll be investing into writing and animation teams, the faster miHoYo will change and Genshin / Wuthering Waves type of games are not the answer here.

Last edited:

Aenima

Okay, maybe that's going too far for their first time, let's make it 50% then, I'd say it'll be fair.

But even this is not a fix I think since those 4 additional stats are also important and BS RNG 90/100% of time will fuck you over and you'll just waste resources.

All these guys need to just copy miHoYo's qiality and do it better in terms of gacha, it'll change everything.

I'm going to level with ya guys, I've played Genshin, didn't like it, then I tried to get into Wuthering Waves and... I just don't like exploring huge open worlds like this, collecting chests, wasting a lot of time wondering around and shit cuz I got sick of it in regular AA/AAA/B space already, so a much more focused, much better narrative and character driven game is exactly what I need and ZZZ has this in spades, as well as excellent and addicting combat. So what I'm trying to say is that in my case, even if these games you've mentione will have better gacha systems, I'm still not going to play them if they'll be similar to Genshin and Wuthering Waves and will be completely open world. ZZZ showed this year that this is what F2P SP only gacha games should be like, not 1608916098627 wanna be Genshin game cuz they're all pretty much the same with a few differences.

I really hope that other F2P devs will seriously look at what miHoYo did with ZZZ and abandon open world completely in favor of more focused SP only narrative driven games with gacha elements, if we're talking about dethroning miHoYo. The sooner they all will realize that, the more they'll be investing into writing and animation teams, the faster miHoYo will change and Genshin / Wuthering Waves type of games are not the answer here.
If you want a linear game with a great story and great character stories, you play Nikke. Thats pretty much the main reason the game surprized alot of ppl thinking the game is just fan service. Also the reason i play that game for more than 1 and a half year and have no intention to ever stop playing it. Nikke is by far my favorite gacha game.

Personally, what i look forward in AAA gacha games are well crafted open worlds with alot of exploration, cuz when im tired to do quests i love just exploring the world. This was also the reason a played Genshin for a year, cuz they did a great job with open world exploration filled with puzzles, hidden stuff etc.

ZZZ gets boring fast to me cuz it lacks exploration, the only hook is the combat system that i enjoy, but if Project Mugen that is also a urban rpg lives up to the expectations, that will make me drop ZZZ faster than a hoe drop her panties.

Last edited:
As expected qingyi puts out serious damage and is mechanically very fun/interesting; if the banner had seth instead of starlight knight/corin I would pull, but I'm not really interested in getting dupes for either character.
Not sure about the soukaku voice change, it sounds like they sucked all the energy out of her, "blow away your troubles" and "just don't blink", don't nearly have the same impact anymore.
It's not as bad as what they did with barbara in genshin, but this isn't great.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
ZZZ gets boring fast to me cuz it lacks exploration, the only hook is the combat system that i enjoy, but if Project Mugen that is also a urban rpg lives up to the expectations, that will make me drop ZZZ faster than a hoe drop her panties.
All they need to do to fix boring stuff in ZZZ is make absolutely all missions (except strictly combat ones) into rally stuff with even more exploration, lite puzzles, hidden stuff to find and bigger levels, but at the same time mix everything just right so that combat and other stuff would gel really well together with great pacing as well, cuz you know what, boring and awful af shit like this will kill ZZZ if they'll continue doing this knowing full well that A LOT of people hate this shit with passion and I'm one of them - can't wait in one of the future updates to make AI to do all this shit and get the rewards so that I don't have to. You can't even guess just how fast I quit this shit after launchin' it the first time.

Now I am wondering, have you played any (if not all) Persona games (or maybe Tokyo Mirage?) before and have you finished them? The reason I'm asking is because ZZZ is more compact version of these games a lot of people find them too long, boring and don't finish them even though they have much bigger levels for example. Like, in case with Tokyo Mirage, the combat in this game IS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD (not to mention combat animations, transofrations, assists, all out attacks etc.) that I even closed my eyes on a lot of not so great things I don't like, so if someone will finally replicate combat from this game (Persona 5 is not better btw), I'll fuckin' buy it at $70 and will play it for hundreds of hours.

I mean, how can you not like this?

And combat....

Last edited:

Aenima

All they need to do to fix boring stuff in ZZZ is make absolutely all missions (except strictly combat ones) into rally stuff with even more exploration, lite puzzles, hidden stuff to find and bigger levels, but at the same time mix everything just right so that combat and other stuff would gel really well together with great pacing as well, cuz you know what, boring and awful af shit like this will kill ZZZ if they'll continue doing this knowing full well that A LOT of people hate this shit with passion and I'm one of them - can't wait in one of the future updates to make AI to do all this shit and get the rewards so that I don't have to. You can't even guess just how fast I quit this shit after launchin' it the first time.

Now I am wondering, have you played any (if not all) Persona games (or maybe Tokyo Mirage?) before and have you finished them? The reason I'm asking is because ZZZ is more compact version of these games a lot of people find them too long, boring and don't finish them even though they have much bigger levels for example. Like, in case with Tokyo Mirage, the combat in this game IS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD (not to mention combat animations, transofrations, assists, all out attacks etc.) that I even closed my eyes on a lot of not so great things I don't like, so if someone will finally replicate combat from this game (Persona 5 is not better btw), I'll fuckin' buy it at $70 and will play it for hundreds of hours.

And combat....

Never played Tokyo Mirage, but i love Persona games and finished P3, P4 and P5.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

And combat....

Thanks for reminding me to play Tokyo Mirage. I picked up a copy for the Switch a few months ago, but I still haven't gotten around to playing it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Pure downgrade; this line got the worst of it, all of that "asura" rage she has when she slams down the hilt is gone now, and the timing is completely botched on the initial line since it ends quite a bit before the animation is over.
It looks like lucy got it bad too.
The new voices sound like they were just phoned in on a single afternoon without any consideration for the characterisation already set by the previous ones.
Shame.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Thanks for reminding me to play Tokyo Mirage. I picked up a copy for the Switch a few months ago, but I still haven't gotten around to playing it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
moon-sailor-moon.gif

It's so good. Aenima Aenima if you'll get a chance to play and finish TM (no matter which way you'll choose - PC or original hardware) - do it:messenger_winking:

Pure downgrade; this line got the worst of it, all of that "asura" rage she has when she slams down the hilt is gone now, and the timing is completely botched on the initial line since it ends quite a bit before the animation is over.
It looks like lucy got it bad too.

The new voices sound like they were just phoned in on a single afternoon without any consideration for the characterisation already set by the previous ones.
Shame.

Man, I haven't played in english yet but this is so much worse. Why on earth have they changed VA?

Last edited:
Nobody knows why, there's some speculation that because her VA was unknown, soukaku was always going to be recast and her previous voice was a beta voice, just like how billy got recast just before launch, but it could be because any other number of reasons.
Lucy's VA also voices someone else in star rail and she got replaced there as well, so in her case there's probably something bigger going on; changing the VA isn't that big of a deal, but at least keep the direction/characterisation the same, which they completely fumbled here.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Yo WTF why i can't go to Shiryu defence stable nodes? is this a bug or something?
That's odd. I replayed stable node 10 earlier today after downloading the 1.1 patch since I wanted to beat my previous record and it worked fine. Or do you mean that you can't access the new 'disputed nodes'? If it's the latter then you'll need to clear stable node 5 in order to unlock them.

Pejo

So after pissing around in the VR trainer, I think I'm most comfortable letting the "auto" setting on for assists. The manual stuff is nice but it conflicts with a few characters that have "hold attack" commands. I also noticed that they added the ability to immediately cancel out of the auto assist with the X button (on Dualsense), so that's both stylish and practical to use since you get the momentary slowdown for effect and then can just tap X and continue your combo. It feels really good now with that cancel option.

*edit*

Modders do what miHoYon't:
66b4855441d33.jpg

Last edited:
So after pissing around in the VR trainer, I think I'm most comfortable letting the "auto" setting on for assists. The manual stuff is nice but it conflicts with a few characters that have "hold attack" commands. I also noticed that they added the ability to immediately cancel out of the auto assist with the X button (on Dualsense), so that's both stylish and practical to use since you get the momentary slowdown for effect and then can just tap X and continue your combo. It feels really good now with that cancel option.

*edit*

Modders do what miHoYon't:
66b4855441d33.jpg

Ya there’s something up with it or I’m not understanding it correctly, went back to auto as well after noticing I can just hit X to cancel if I want.

They way they should have done it is have a button prompt come up, and if you want you can hit the button and if you don’t, don’t.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
:messenger_fearful::messenger_face_screaming::messenger_confounded::messenger_loudly_crying:

unhmdPI.jpeg

rolls-eyes-498-x-263-gif-40zer28huyvoclwf.gif

Please tell me that the rest of the Agent stories (already finished Soldier 11's story last month, it wasn't bad and actually kinda good) are better than this annoying af, god awful abomination and borefest you guys🙏:messenger_grimmacing_

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I'm halfway through Jane Doe episode so expect some new content on the 🍑 thread soonish. 👀

I've also reached IK level 50, and I've started the grind to level up my agents to 60, starting with Ellen. I got her to 55 and her W engine to 60. It's going to take a while until I have at least one full team at level 60. 😅 I'm not really in a rush though, so it's okay.

Also, those bosses starting from Disputed Node 5 hit like a mf truck. I have to dodge and parry non-stop to get them S ranks. 😳 Good times!

Last edited:

Pejo

She might be really good with Bernice, and / or some other members of her team.
I haven't built her properly yet, but she seems fun paired with Lucy and a stunner.

Please tell me that the rest of the Agent stories (already finished Soldier 11's story last month, it wasn't bad and actually kinda good) are better than this annoying af, god awful abomination and borefest you guys🙏:messenger_grimmacing_
Yea taken from the classic HoYo playbook of "make a character quest REALLY about some generic NPC that you'll never see again instead of the playable character that you're interested in."

I've only played those two, but I agree, Soldier 11 one was decent, Neko got a bum rap having to center around "wah i'm scared" man. I'd have much rather seen her difficulties and hangups with becoming a member of the Cunning Hares and having funny standoffs with Anby than what we got.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
The new story is well done. And you finally get to play someone else. I don't like the gameplay of Jane or Quingi, only Seth.... I was actually planning to get Jane. Now I don't know if I'd rather get someone else, we'll see.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
This (along with the Nest) is such a wasted oportunity on so many levels, that I can't even put it into words.

MkmwkUA.jpeg

o2qXkU3.jpeg

So, what do we have for the endgame with the lvl 60 cap? Well giant, mediocre, annoying and unimaginative boss fights of course, with insane HP bar, stupid timer, very strict character builds to deal the damage to get all the rewards and lots of other stuff to make your life miserable. Now, it's not about that its hard (which it is), it's about the most lazy, unimaginative, stupid and the safest thing they could've done - just make two pieces of the same exact and really bad content under a different sauce as if the first time it wasn't bad and completely uninteresting enough. Aren't there more than enough cool bossfight designs out there to borrow things from? Why does it have to be one of the worst content the game has two times and the 2nd one even worse than the 1st? :messenger_weary:

Why can't you goddamn design more interesting multiple stage missions, combine a few separate rally missions into them and make us do something to weaken the boss and make her vulnerable to one of the many damage types in the game and then make us choose which one? Why also not let us control 4 agents instead of 3 along with a few bangboos? Why not make it so that characters from other squads can participate in all out attacks along with agents under your control, instead of just randomly do shit damage (which is pointless) and go away? Terrible, just terrible endgame. Ugh. Do you have an effin' imagination miHoYo or not? Goddamnit:messenger_face_steam:

teq-majin-buu-teq-super-buu.gif

Back to positives.

Finally lvld Qingyi to lvl 50 (gave her Anby's lvl 50 W-Endine) and she is insanely good in combat and blows Anby out into space. You can literally shock and stun multiple enemies at once and then smash them with the assembled staff after you get full energy charge (which is separate from the standard EX energy), EX energy builds up very quickly and you always have 2 EX AOE attacks ready to go for additional stun in case someone is still standing.

4BkLurm.jpeg

E22UqdH.jpeg

Gmtxmcv.jpeg

Anyway, I've got 4 really good and max level discs for her already and just need to get 2 more to finish tuning. Plus there's skills to lvl up at least 2 more times (for now) each and unlock the 4th passive which I think will be done at the beginning of next week. All in all, along wioth Zhu and Ellen, Qingyi is the best character in the game so far.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I've already watched the recent Qingyi MV about 10 times, so I must resist the temptation to not pull for Maomao... I mean, Qingyi. 😅

I do really appreciate that HoYo went all out with both the Zhu Yuan and Qingyi MVs though. They've been doing a great job on all 3 fronts with their MVs (ZZZ, HSR and Genshin).

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I've already watched the recent Qingyi MV about 10 times, so I must resist the temptation to not pull for Maomao... I mean, Qingyi. 😅
K2sPAbu.jpeg
do-it.gif

I do really appreciate that HoYo went all out with both the Zhu Yuan and Qingyi MVs though.
Yup, completely agree.

If only they'd also greenlit anime which I'm sure could be great, especially if they'll focus on Zhu's squad. Or at the very least implement such great animated stuff into the game's story for example and it can also work as a reward for maxing out character's trust as well.

Last edited:

Aenima

Yeah, definitely pulling on Jane banner. Love her fighting style based on dodge counters. Dunno how much stronger she is compared to the story bosses cuz cant see her build, but she was melting the enemies and bosses pretty fast and all solo.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Jane Doe's special episode was really dope, and I'm def going to save all my pulls for her.

I've also made a few gif reactions with Jane from some of the game footage I've captured today.

ak4s1Yq.gif

ZdJN4zn.gif

m6oKinR.gif

Aenima

Leaked Burnice and Caesar animations.

Love Caesar design alot, but i dont think i will be pulling for a tank. Burnice also looks good and the fighting style looks more usable for the current content. If this are the banners after Jane Doe i might have to skip them and wait for the Miyabi crew, cuz im pulling on Jane, and depending on luck i might not have Polys left for these 2 banners.

Last edited:

Pejo

Leaked Burnice and Caesar animations.

HoYo is making it tough for me to plan out a "skip" banner. They all look good so far. I still don't get the point of "defender" class in this game though. Nothing Caeser did really screamed defense. They should just get rid of the role and transfer them to stun or something. It's probably just there to let them monetize by forcing you to acquire W-engines for Defender class.

Top Bottom