• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

FatCat

"WTF" for Clover's? Granted I had a similar reaction, but now.... All I can say is:

Be Prepaaaaaared...

The link has no relevance to VLR, but a lot of relevance to my post, and the desired status of your mind.

Not saying it was a great or bad ending, heavy spoilers
just kind of abrupt in what it brought up, there was me thinking everyone was still alive beyond the second puzzle

Not saying it was a great or bad ending, heavy spoilers
just kind of abrupt in what it brought up, there was me thinking everyone was still alive beyond the second puzzle

Ah yes... I understand.
Everyone just being dead was totally unexpected... If that was your first ending, that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's much more crazy heading your way. Although, this shouldn't be a surprise if you played 999.;)

beril

Just started playing the 3DS version.

I have to say I'm actually rather impressed by the graphics. 2x2 AA in 3D is really nice and the character models are very clean. However the characters are rendered a bit with 3D. It doesn't seem like their projection matrix is affected at all by the depth slider, so they appear completely flat. Not the type of game where I bother to use 3D anyway though; but still, it looks rather odd.

Noi

yay, got my VLR watch from the Aksys fundraiser sale. Am I right in remembering that it has a very hard to remove film cover on top of the watch?

beril

Somewhat dissapointed by the lack of brutal murders so far. Maybe I've just been very lucky with my choices but so far I've gotten two "to be continued" and gotten hit in the head once for being an arse. Seems a bit tame compared to 999. Even if I've stumbled on the best paths from the beginning it could have used a murder or two in the beginning to give the story a bit more impact.

Durante

I'm about to finish the game and just entered the last room, and it seems like the final puzzle is
minesweeper
. Lol.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Got my first ending... not a bad ending, actually!

To be continued, with Phi leaping to escape. I'm not sure what theories I can make from this!

Jintor

Been playing for some hours. Zero III is awesome lol, all those rabbit puns.

Had my first AB game
FUCK YOU ALICE

Hahah

8c6ddd8f_this-is-gonna-be-good.gif

After clawing away at the game for the last few days i'm finally done, I remember finishing 999 and thinking "well things got perhaps a bit too crazy here".
hahaha.....yeah....
MY MIND!

Just for kicks my very first ending was...
naively trusting my man K and getting a lame game over ending, he was supposed to be my ally!

Mistle

Played the demo, and navigating around rooms feels a bit fumbly, especially with the touch screen. It's so sensitive! Unless I'm doing it wrong.. lol

Roubjon

Played the demo, and navigating around rooms feels a bit fumbly, especially with the touch screen. It's so sensitive! Unless I'm doing it wrong.. lol

It's always a little awkward, but you get used to it pretty quickly and it's not a problem.

soultron

Banned
I've gotten Tenmyouji's, Clover's, and Luna's endings in that order. After sitting through *so much* exposition, I don't know if I have the time or the desire to finish the rest of the endings. Is it worth it?

I mean, I like the game, but after sitting through 17 hours of talking heads and maybe 6 admittedly superb puzzles, I feel like I'd be better served reading an actual mystery novel. The story is interesting (not saying that it's incredible though) but I don't know if I care enough to get the eventual answers that are explained in long-winded VN sections.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I've gotten Tenmyouji's, Clover's, and Luna's endings in that order. After sitting through *so much* exposition, I don't know if I have the time or the desire to finish the rest of the endings. Is it worth it?

I mean, I like the game, but after sitting through 17 hours of talking heads and maybe 6 admittedly superb puzzles, I feel like I'd be better served reading an actual mystery novel. The story is interesting (not saying that it's incredible though) but I don't know if I care enough to get the eventual answers that are explained in long-winded VN sections.
I'd say it's worth it. You really won't see most of the ending twists coming, although the game will have a lot less impact and meaning if you didn't play 999. Are you using the text skip function to make already-read novel sections go faster?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

Didn't play 999? I think Tenmyouji and Clover's endings don't pack much of an impact if you didn't play that one. If you didn't like Luna's ending though, might not be for you.

yami4ct

Been playing for some hours. Zero III is awesome lol, all those rabbit puns.

Had my first AB game
FUCK YOU ALICE

I just had the same thing happen to me. It was hard to tell which to pick, as I didn't have a real read on the characters' personalities. I took the chance that they'd be nice to me
It didn't work out. Damn you Alice!

I'm interested to see where it goes from here. I just reached the
Garden
. The puzzle there was more annoying than tough. Particularly the
scale portion
. I mean, I know how to do it, but the limitations where ridiculous. I also wasn't sure what to do with that information as I reached that part out of order. Made that puzzle really dumb and kind of annoying, though partially my fault.

Still, I love this game. It's managing to top 999. It looks amazing on the Vita screen. Both the stick and touch controls don't feel precise enough, but that's my only current mechanical complaint. If it keeps this up, it may be my GotY.

I just had the same thing happen to me. It was hard to tell which to pick, as I didn't have a real read on the characters' personalities. I took the chance that they'd be nice to me
It didn't work out. Damn you Alice!

I'm interested to see where it goes from here. I just reached the
Garden
. The puzzle there was more annoying than tough. Particularly the
scale portion
. I mean, I know how to do it, but the limitations where ridiculous. I also wasn't sure what to do with that information as I reached that part out of order. Made that puzzle really dumb and kind of annoying, though partially my fault.

Still, I love this game. It's managing to top 999. It looks amazing on the Vita screen. Both the stick and touch controls don't feel precise enough, but that's my only current mechanical complaint. If it keeps this up, it may be my GotY.

It was so hard to figure out what to do to get the gold file password.

So I went back to the previous AB game and I picked Betray and I was like
this doesnt make any sense.It was good seeing Alice pissed.

BKJest

I'm playing this on the Vita and man, this game is long. I'm 4 endings and nearly 20 hours in. The game is starting to wear out a bit. I'm glad I don't have to redo room escapes and I am able to fast forward scenes I have already watched. But really having to play through all the endings and repeating the same scenario over and over again to finish the game is a bit much. In 999 I was able to look up the true path through the game after getting 2 bad endings. The new story bits and room escapes on each playthrough keep me hanging on though. And I trust the developers enough since everything fell into place in the real ending of 999 with a lot of stuff I didn't see coming but still kinda making sense.

Also, will I regret buying this on the Vita? In 999
the dual screen of the DS was such a pivotal point of the story and gameplay. Will the game punish me with a late twist for not having played it on a dual screen as well? Please don't answer this in too much detail. ;)

Lusankya

Also, will I regret buying this on the Vita? In 999
the dual screen of the DS was such a pivotal point of the story and gameplay. Will the game punish me with a late twist for not having played it on a dual screen as well? Please don't answer this in too much detail. ;)

No, you won't regret it. The Vita version is actually the better version.

soultron

Banned
Didn't play 999? I think Tenmyouji and Clover's endings don't pack much of an impact if you didn't play that one. If you didn't like Luna's ending though, might not be for you.
I liked both T and C's ending, and I got the impact even though I've not played 999. Luna's ending, even though I enjoyed it, felt like (do not read this unless you've got Luna's ending)
the authors of this game wanted to toss Isaac Asimov into the story at the last minute.
As for someone asking me how I got Luna's ending before getting K and Sigma's endings, I
used Google to get the password because I thought I was an idiot after seeing the memento mori flashbacks and not knowing what the password was... I got frustrated after trying password variants relating to memento mori, nineth lion, etc.
If I hadn't of done that, I'm guessing that event would've shown up as a Lock in the flowchart, right?

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally managed to grab a copy.
Any suggestions in which order I should go through all the endings? I'm probably gonna use the flowchart from gamefaqs but I'm not sure which route to go first.

Or does it make more sense to play without any guide?

Javier

I liked both T and C's ending, and I got the impact even though I've not played 999. Luna's ending, even though I enjoyed it, felt like (do not read this unless you've got Luna's ending)
the authors of this game wanted to toss Isaac Asimov into the story at the last minute.
As for someone asking me how I got Luna's ending before getting K and Sigma's endings, I
used Google to get the password because I thought I was an idiot after seeing the memento mori flashbacks and not knowing what the password was... I got frustrated after trying password variants relating to memento mori, nineth lion, etc.
If I hadn't of done that, I'm guessing that event would've shown up as a Lock in the flowchart, right?
The passwords are fixed so you can enter them at any time given you find them out, but you actually find them on different branches and then use them at that point in the game when you return. You are not supposed to deduce the password, you're supposed to "remember" it from a different timeline.

Considering how much Luna's ending reveals and all the stuff you need to go through to get the Passwords, it's definitely meant to be seen very late in the game

yami4ct

There's a flowchart in the game and you can't really miss anything. There's really no need for a guide.

Quick question abut the flowchart. Are there multiple paths that lead to the same ending? I'd rather not get a repeat ending, even if I get there a different way. I want to know if I can just follow the flow chart and see everything with no repeats.

and no it doesn't show as a lock if you don't input them

RedSwirl

I'm in the infirmary and I think I just ran into a glitch:
Phi referenced a note containing a clue to the puzzle before I actually got it. Either that's a minor glitch or she knows more than she's supposed to.

Peagles

yay, got my VLR watch from the Aksys fundraiser sale. Am I right in remembering that it has a very hard to remove film cover on top of the watch?

I got one just now that I bought off a gaf member, and I can't get the film off either. I think I'll just leave it on, lol.

I'm in the infirmary and I think I just ran into a glitch:
Phi referenced a note containing a clue to the puzzle before I actually got it. Either that's a minor glitch or she knows more than she's supposed to.

The fact that she knows more than she should is evident since her first lines, but I didn't encounter this "glitch". Can you be more specific?

RedSwirl

The fact that she knows more than she should is evident since her first lines, but I didn't encounter this "glitch". Can you be more specific?

When I backed out of
the bed sheet scanner puzzle a few times she started mentioning the note that displayed the numbers and colors. I hadn't gotten that note yet though. I could've ended up skipping half the stuff in that room because of this.

I thought maybe it was a minor glitch or oversight by the developers in terms of the scripting, or
Phi herself knowing more than she should about the puzzles. Upon her first lines I assumed it had something to do with the morphological fields that became the major plot point of 999. Why would she openly reveal that she knows more than she should about a person if she was trying to hide something? Specifically concerning puzzles though, she always seems to be ahead of everyone in regards to solving them which has made me suspicious.

milkham

hi all, i'm late to the game since I just got a vita, i just finished the garden but i never
found a key to the grave stone. is that something that I will come back to later or did i miss something?

Kind of random, but I just picked up this bad boy in a (highly unusal, but) reasonably priced Amazon Marketplace interaction. Was worried the listing would be wrong and the watch wouldn't show up, but totally awesome seller.

Unfortunately the mirrored face and poor lighting conditions made it pretty much impossible to take a quality picture, but it is brand new.

I had (and have) an extra red watch that I will sell or whatever separately, but I stuck this in the little can that came with the VLR watches. I have to say, the weight and quality of this kind of puts the new watches to shame, but it is understandable why, and they are all very cool to have.

Peagles

Kind of random, but I just picked up this bad boy in a (highly unusal, but) reasonably priced Amazon Marketplace interaction. Was worried the listing would be wrong and the watch wouldn't show up, but totally awesome seller.

Unfortunately the mirrored face and poor lighting conditions made it pretty much impossible to take a quality picture, but it is brand new.

I had (and have) an extra red watch that I will sell or whatever separately, but I stuck this in the little can that came with the VLR watches. I have to say, the weight and quality of this kind of puts the new watches to shame, but it is understandable why, and they are all very cool to have.

That's the 999 watch? It didn't originally have it's own can did it?

So you have a red one without a can? I'm kinda tempted as I really want the red...

I never saw the original watches, glad to hear they were better quality than the VLR ones, I was pretty disappointed by it.

Very heavy. All the segments are metal, with the exception of the black portion behind the red enameled crown. Still, the bands are made of flexible plastic, so I doubt it would hold up as a real watch. Also too small for my wrist, which are medium-large for a man.

That's the 999 watch? It didn't originally have it's own can did it?

So you have a red one without a can? I'm kinda tempted as I really want the red...

No, just a bubble enclosure.

You don't happen to have a blue, do you? That is the one I am looking for. I was leaning towards eBaying it later, but if you want to PM me an offer I'll consider it. Looks like eBay prices are fluctuating around $40-$60 at the moment.

Top Bottom