• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

tha_devil

Finished the game, awsome. Can not wait for the next game. Also some nice references to 999. I thought the game would be more seperate, but actually its not.

The only two bad things are the pec room save bug and crashes.

Also one puzzle, quite on the end where you have to pick the right letter with the string of numbers. I entered my memo, and i couldnt get back to the string anymore, making it impossible to decode.

Finished the game, awsome. Can not wait for the next game. Also some nice references to 999. I thought the game would be more seperate, but actually its not.

The only two bad things are the pec room save bug and crashes.

Also one puzzle, quite on the end where you have to pick the right letter with the string of numbers. I entered my memo, and i couldnt get back to the string anymore, making it impossible to decode.

I was forced to Game Over in that part for the same reason. Clearly badly designed... :(

xxczx

about the left side of the flow chart endings:

Got Dios ending, got a to be continued for Lunas (guessing what you get in Dios ending is to help for Lunas ending) and now I get another to be continued for Ks ending? Going to go for other paths but don't understand what you have to do for Ks ending..

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I've finally managed to start this (damn you Americans) and I'm only a few hours in (just got past the demo room) and yes, it is excellent. The tone and the writing are great. I'm not really far enough into the story to have a clue even where it is threatening to go, let alone to theorise on it.

Jintor

about the left side of the flow chart endings:

Got Dios ending, got a to be continued for Lunas (guessing what you get in Dios ending is to help for Lunas ending) and now I get another to be continued for Ks ending? Going to go for other paths but don't understand what you have to do for Ks ending..

Don't worry, it'll be obvious. Just keep playing until you don't get more game overs. Protip: branch locations will go green when you've gotten a solution to unlock it

mxgt

Banned
Question.

I'm going down the far left side, and I just got to
The Director's Room, where I need to enter a user ID and password and I'm totally stumped
. Do I need to explore other routes and come back to this?

Jintor

Yes, even though it's not explicitly designated a lock. You'll know it when you see it. [Left path where you're already up to spoilers]
Momento mori if the nineth lion eats the sun
, after all.

Sadist

So I got this yesterday (EU folk here) and I wonder...

Did I allready saw two of the endings? My screen faded to a To Be Continued screen twice and I had to start over again.

Yes, you first have to get other endings, before you can finished that path.

I recommend you check this...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/641334-zero-escape-virtues-last-reward/faqs/65172

Hmmmm.... I'd actually advise against using this flowchart until later in the game. It's nothing major, but it will could spoil a couple (minor) details. >.>

The best way (IMO) to do it is just keep picking paths until you hit the "To Be Continued" points. Then go back and jump to a different path. Just remember what stories happen in which path and you shouldn't have a problem getting confused when jumping around. The paths will tell you what event has what information, and the different story locks you hit will turn green when you are able to pass them.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I'm about to start this on my 3DS...
I should avoid saving in the
PEC room and the Crew's Quarter's
, right? Anywhere else?

Alrus

Got the game today (Digital version, couldn't find it in any store around here and didn't want to wait any longer). Only played a few hours but so far it's good.

I have a question though, is there anyway to do the first escape in Hard? It started on Easy and you can't switch back obviously, and I'd like to get every gold files if possible...

MechaX

Despite how I need to start exam prep, this game has been so addicting as of the past few days.

But personally, after playing 999, I thought that most of the stuff so far was pretty tame. No real crazy plot-twists and whatnot (hell, I got locked out of progressing on most routes).

... But then I got K's ending and I literally shouted "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Oh man, this game...

Vibed

It's too boring to go straight from left to right on the flowchart intentionally, because it almost seems like you're not making the choices you want to make. So many people do the leftmost first and get stumped...

Personally, I went straight down the middle to
Quarks tbc, then Tenmyouji
. Certainly set up a bunch of mystery hearing finding out
who Tenmyouji is and what Zero looks like
and hearing talk of
a greater plan and bombs that weren't mentioned once
until much later.

Vee_One

Probably been asked a 100 times already so please accept my apologies
Any consensus on which is the better version, 3DS or Vita?

Vita. 3DS version is bugged.

Agreed. I initially thought that 3DS version would be better, but it turns out Vita version is better in ALMOST every aspect.

Downsides of 3DS version
Game-breaking bug (even if it's easy to avoid if you know it)
Crashes (those happen even on Vita, but there are less and they don't corrupt your save)
One save slot (Vita has three)
Lower resolution and bad framerate during cutscenes
Lag during certain puzzles
Some say the audio is compressed, but I don't hear any differences from the Vita one
No trophies (if you care)
Unskippable credits
A couple of Archive files have writing that goes beyond the screen, making some lines unreadable.

Downsides of Vita version
ONE SCREEN! (This can be terrible during puzzles that require Archives and it's the only thing that 3DS does REALLY better)
The animation when opening the Archives or any other icon is more fluid on 3DS
Slightly clunkier controls
Memo can't be used without a proper stylus

If you want to ally or betray something on this list, feel free to do it!
BTW, I played the Vita version and I'm watching my gf play the 3DS one.

also

Banned
Agreed. I initially thought that 3DS version would be better, but it turns out Vita version is better in ALMOST every aspect.

Downsides of 3DS version
Game-breaking bug (even if it's easy to avoid if you know it)
Crashes (those happen even on Vita, but there are less and they don't corrupt your save)
One save slot (Vita has three)
Lower resolution and bad framerate during cutscenes
Lag during certain puzzles
Some say the audio is compressed, but I don't hear any differences from the Vita one
No trophies (if you care)
Unskippable credits
A couple of Archive files have writing that goes beyond the screen, making some lines unreadable.

Ugh, didn't know about these. This game's a mess. If 999 wasn't that good I would never bother.

Omikaru

Ugh, didn't know about these. This gasme's a mess. If 999 wasn't that good I would never bother.

In the scheme of things and how good this game is, I think these are small issues.

But I think weighing up the pros and cons, Vita version is the one to get if anyone has the choice.

I finally got this game after a month of delay and procrastination, but I'm stuck in the Crew's Quarters. Can I have some hints to help me out (I want the Gold file without replaying the room)? Thanks!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Can I have some hints to help me out (I want the Gold file without replaying the room)? Thanks!

So you already got the code for the key? Then
take another look at those symbols in room 1. They are mirrored but you can interpret it in two different ways. The other way leads to a different order of the numbers you have to put in. Or if you don't get it, just try different combinations, there aren't that many possibilities.

also

Banned
In the scheme of things and how good this game is, I think these are small issues.

But I think weighing up the pros and cons, Vita version is the one to get if anyone has the choice.

I may get a Vita eventually, but certainly not any time soon, so I don't really have a choice. Also, the second screen and memos were really handy during the demo, so while Vita's version is technically (mostly) superior, it seems to be inferior in the gameplay department, therefore I would probably end up getting the 3DS version anyway.

So you already got the code for the key? Then
take another look at those symbols in room 1. They are mirrored but you can interpret it in two different ways. The other way leads to a different order of the numbers you have to put in. Or if you don't get it, just try different combinations, there aren't that many possibilities.

I haven't even opened the phone in room 1 for the pin. Can you give me a hint on how to get it and open the lockers? Thanks!

I'm kind of daft today -_-;

How much did you do in that room?

I unlocked Cabin 3, used the tinfoil to create the pattern in Cabin 1, got a code by phoning Cabins 2&4, and now I'm just rubbing everything against everything to see what works. I still need to get the pin from the phone in Cabin 1, unlock the lockers in Cabins 1, 2 & 4, and do whatever needs to be done with the poster and the cots.
I'd look up a hint elsewhere, but I'm at work right now and I don't want to accidentally spoil myself. I knownI'm stupid, but could someone please help me out?

I unlocked Cabin 3, used the tinfoil to create the pattern in Cabin 1, got a code by phoning Cabins 2&4, and now I'm just rubbing everything against everything to see what works. I still need to get the pin from the phone in Cabin 1, unlock the lockers in Cabins 1, 2 & 4, and do whatever needs to be done with the poster and the cots.
I'd look up a hint elsewhere, but I'm at work right now and I don't want to accidentally spoil myself. I knownI'm stupid, but could someone please help me out?

Well...
You don't need the pin for lockers in room 2 and 4, just the code. An item you have can help you. Hint: you created just one tin foil with the cutter?

Well...
You don't need the pin for lockers in room 2 and 4, just the code. An item you have can help you. Hint: you created just one tin foil with the cutter?

Good lord, I'm thick. I didn't know you could make more than one!

Thanks for the help. The game (and K) is great so far!

Omikaru

I may get a Vita eventually, but certainly not any time soon, so I don't really have a choice. Also, the second screen and memos were really handy during the demo, so while Vita's version is technically (mostly) superior, it seems to be inferior in the gameplay department, therefore I would probably end up getting the 3DS version anyway.

I've played both (PAL 3DS and NTSC US), and I didn't feel the benefits of the 3DS version were that significant. The only thing the 3DS genuinely has over the Vita version is the note-taking feature. It's really difficult with my fingers, but the Vita's screenshot function more than makes up for that shortcoming. On the same virtue, I don't think the benefits of the Vita version were significantly better either, save for the image quality. I'd still choose the Vita version as I like the bigger screen, crisp AA and higher resolution, but it's not a gamechanger in my view.

That said, the 3DS version is still fantastic, save game bugs notwithstanding. It's all around an amazing game and I don't think 3DS players will get a "lesser" experience, as this game is all about the writing, and that's the same on both systems.

Zoibie

Wait... so I just picked up the game for Vita, is there any reason why isn't English voice-overs for the European version? Is there any way to turn the Japanese voices off?

Wait... so I just picked up the game for Vita, is there any reason why isn't English voice-overs for the European version? Is there any way to turn the Japanese voices off?

The reason is that RSG had enough cash to bring to Europe only one voice-over, and their policy dictates that the original is "better", so they imported only the Japanese voices.
And no, there's no way to turn voices off...

Zoibie

The reason is that RSG had enough cash to bring to Europe only one voice-over, and their policy dictates that the original is "better", so they imported only the Japanese voices.
And no, there's no way to turn voices off...

That's a little odd. It's not ideal but I think I'm getting used to it.

Artemisia

Banned
Quark's ending was shit. The same thing happened in another line IIRC.

ANYWAY I have all the character endings except Luna and Phi.

Is Phi's the true ending or will one open up after hers?

Quark's ending was shit. The same thing happened in another line IIRC.

ANYWAY I have all the character endings except Luna and Phi.

Is Phi's the true ending or will one open up after hers?

Quark's ending was shit, I agree. It is named after him because the actions you take revolve around him... Anyway, you can say that Phi's ending is the True one. But after her ending there's something like an epilogue, plus a secret epilogue if you finished all the rooms on hard!

Top Bottom