• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Got Tenmyouji ending. SPOILERS

I will take a guess and say he is
_______________ Junpei __________

Also
the game is set in a bad future. So this nonary game is to change the past, different from the last which was to ensure the current present.

Jintor

Holy shit, I didn't realise how... extensive the additional dialogue in easy mode is.

Sigma: Hmm... A small hand-held scanner... It doesn't seem to be on.
Phi: La-la-la! Lu-lu-lu! Look at all the cats today~!
Sigma: Stop singing! ...That's not a microphone!

Phi: La-la-la! Lu-lu-la! Timeeeee gooooooes byyyyyyy~!
Sigma: For God's sake, that's not a microphone!

Phi: La-lu-la! Lu-lu-lu~! Whenever I think of you, my heart is set on fire~! Nothing can come between me and you~!
Sigma: No! No! You can't rhyme "you" with itself! That's not how rhyming works! You are bad at songs!

Tenmyouji: Yo yo yo, where my boys at~? Tee to the en to the myo-yo-gee~! Droppin' the sickest beats till this puzzle completes!
Sigma: Not you too....This is the most embarrassing thing I've seen in my life...

I really do hope everyone who loves this game votes for it to win GAF's GOTY...I mean even if you simply only nominate this game and don't make a list.

I feel like this getting a lot of votes is deserved and it'll draw in more people to try out the game. We need to rally together and really back this game up!

LProtag

Got my first ending. Clover's ending.

I thought I was going to see GAME OVER and that I got a bad ending, haha. I'm going to assume most all of the endings are morbid now...

I really do hope everyone who loves this game votes for it to win GAF's GOTY...I mean even if you simply only nominate this game and don't make a list.

I feel like this getting a lot of votes is deserved and it'll draw in more people to try out the game. We need to rally together and really back this game up!

In any other year, this would probably be 5 or 6 for me, but I'm seriously considering it for 1 just because of how underwhelming this year was.

LProtag

Oh god, getting my first ending just unlocked some other stuff.

K's ending

WHAT THE SHIT MAN, WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON

Edit: Also, I'm liking the implications going on,
the subtle hints about knowing things from other timelines and stuff, like when Tenmyouji switches his vote in the two timelines during the first round.

In any other year, this would probably be 5 or 6 for me, but I'm seriously considering it for 1 just because of how underwhelming this year was.

HSTIH.gif

Oh god, getting my first ending just unlocked some other stuff.

K's ending

WHAT THE SHIT MAN, WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON

The build up to the reveal was masterful. Definitely a highlight of the whole game!

also

Banned
I've done some of the right and middle path and gotten a lot of ''To be continued'' messages. So far Dio is an asshole and Clover is just otaku bait.

While I'm enjoying the game so far, the game breaking bugs really soured my experience. I didn't encounter any of them, but I was so nervous when I was going through the problematic rooms. The controls are also kind of clunky.

Holy shit, I didn't realise how... extensive the additional dialogue in easy mode is.

That's it, I'm playing on easy from now on. What were they thinking? Why hide dialogue in a VN?

Got Clover Ending.

I would be saying wat if I didnt know why everybody was already dead but I did know, even so I liked it.

Edit: K ending HOLY SHIT. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT

God, that took forever

I think... it's time... for swimsuit pinups.

Compare the fanart I drew when I finished 999!

Woah, i'm getting nostalgic flashbacks to that 999 one, no idea you were behind it.
But now I know and will leap back into the past armed with this knowledge, lock open!

Anyway, nice work.

LProtag

Dio ending.

So that explains why he's completely fucking everything up when it comes to voting.

I'm starting to put the pieces together... I think. Only have Clover, K and Dio endings so far though.

I love the idea that
you have to betray people in order to get the information you need to create the 'true' timeline. You feel bad because you have to do it and it is completely real in one timeline, but it's for the greater good. Nice juxtaposition. At least... that's what I think I'm doing.

LProtag

I've gotten through Alice's ending.

Also...
I think I stumbled upon the true ending timeline. It just got extended like crazy and I'm deactivating all the bombs. Don't know the password for two yet though.

milkham

can someone explain the PEC room puzzle to me?

It's not that I can't figure it out, I just don't understand what i'm supposed to be trying to figure out in the first place. I have the doll with the suit on in the scanner, i select a part of the "8" on it and it shows me a color, and i have to enter three numbers. I have no idea what I'm supposed to figure out here. I see the little color chart affixed to the scanner and i have the paper with the colors and arros and the . .. and ... marking.

Am I the only one frustrated by the Infirmary Gold File puzzle solution? I had to look up a guide and now feel stupid. Seems a lot less clever than the other solutions.

can someone explain the PEC room puzzle to me?

It's not that I can't figure it out, I just don't understand what i'm supposed to be trying to figure out in the first place. I have the doll with the suit on in the scanner, i select a part of the "8" on it and it shows me a color, and i have to enter three numbers. I have no idea what I'm supposed to figure out here. I see the little color chart affixed to the scanner and i have the paper with the colors and arros and the . .. and ... marking.

I had the same problem.
You need to be thinking in terms of numbers as they would appear on an LCD display (like an old calculator or something). In other words, imagine how you could form numbers by highlighting certain lines on that 8.

milkham

I had the same problem.
You need to be thinking in terms of numbers as they would appear on an LCD display (like an old calculator or something). In other words, imagine how you could form numbers by highlighting certain lines on that 8.

so i'm supposed to find the colors and figure out what number it makes on the display? thanks

vita version, in the laboratory, i got the secret password by
sticking the colored containers into the microsocope
but when i opened it, it was empty.

check the flowchart, it tells you how many files you have got and how many are still there, in the escape squares.

milkham

check the flowchart, it tells you how many files you have got and how many are still there, in the escape squares.

i used the flowchart to go back and redid it and the file was there this time. weird!

edit: but i don't see anything that says "new" in my secrets

I think I finished it.
There are two END OR BEGGINING endings right?

That was awesome.
In the second epilogue I guess the mysterious conciousness is the MC for Vol3. Man Akne talking was pretty chilling.

After I read the gold files I will hit the spoiler thread.

LProtag

Sigma ending.

I really would have thought he was a robot even more had I seen the G-OLM scene, but I ended up seeing it on this current run, oh well!.

Uh I *mind blows*

Edit: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
egneGNiewnvignieviembibrnibnvibnirbnirbnirbni

Oh, at THAT moment, everyone seems to go CRAZY!!!! I should make a compilation of reactions... :D

EDIT: Man, I keep looking at your comment and laughing alone like an idiot! So funny!!! :D

Just a note for people who haven't played VLR yet or are still playing it, do not read any of the articles about Vol. 3 that have been posted everywhere in the past few days.

Many of the sites are playing fast and loose with a bunch of spoilery stuff from the previous games and I'd hate to see people get spoiled inadvertently by them.

How much of a hassle is it dealing with the 3DS version's bugs? I liked 999 well enough, but didn't think it was amazing or anything. If the game is really borked on the 3DS I might just pass for now. And is the consensus that 999 was better?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
How much of a hassle is it dealing with the 3DS version's bugs? I liked 999 well enough, but didn't think it was amazing or anything. If the game is really borked on the 3DS I might just pass for now. And is the consensus that 999 was better?

I haven't experienced any bugs simply by avoiding saving in certain rooms. It is avoidable, I think.

also

Banned
Here's the thread.
To be 100% safe, you should only save during novel sections and never in any of the puzzle rooms. The PEC room is the most problematic, as it can crash, thus forcing you to redo the puzzles. The fastest way to reach it is:
PEC:
.............................Yellow door-->Ally-->Blue door
Spoilers only include the color of the doors and whether you choose ally or betray.

I haven't encountered any bugs and I did save multiple times while being in a puzzle room (but never while in PEC or Crew Quarters).
The game (both versions) may also occasionally crash, but it shouldn't corrupt your save file. I haven't experienced any crashes myself.

mxgt

Banned
So I just got
Clover's
ending.

what the FUCK is going on here.

edit: So with the info about the
antidote I got from Clover I went back to the K/Phi escape lock and just got K's ending. Holy fucking shit this game.

Just a note for people who haven't played VLR yet or are still playing it, do not read any of the articles about Vol. 3 that have been posted everywhere in the past few days.

Many of the sites are playing fast and loose with a bunch of spoilery stuff from the previous games and I'd hate to see people get spoiled inadvertently by them.

Wait what articles? I've been looking around and haven't seen one yet! O.O

PK Gaming

God, that took forever

I think... it's time... for swimsuit pinups.

Compare the fanart I drew when I finished 999!

nice art mate, i love the associated colors

Sigma: Hmm... A small hand-held scanner... It doesn't seem to be on.
Phi: La-la-la! Lu-lu-lu! Look at all the cats today~!
Sigma: Stop singing! ...That's not a microphone!

Phi: La-la-la! Lu-lu-la! Timeeeee gooooooes byyyyyyy~!
Sigma: For God's sake, that's not a microphone!

Phi: La-lu-la! Lu-lu-lu~! Whenever I think of you, my heart is set on fire~! Nothing can come between me and you~!
Sigma: No! No! You can't rhyme "you" with itself! That's not how rhyming works! You are bad at songs!

Tenmyouji: Yo yo yo, where my boys at~? Tee to the en to the myo-yo-gee~! Droppin' the sickest beats till this puzzle completes!
Sigma: Not you too....This is the most embarrassing thing I've seen in my life...

I NEED TO REPLAY THIS GAME.

LProtag

Director's room.

I completely forgot Akane's last name, then realized that it was the same as the badge I found on the old lady in a different timeline. Whaaaaaaattttt.

Top Bottom