• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

mxgt

Banned
I've played this basically all day, I think I'm on the home stretch. Shit is getting real.

Edit:
2074?!
what the fuuuuuuck

Edit2:
Sigma is Zero, Akane and Sigma's clone were K. my mind has been blown. No wonder everyone kept getting creeped out by Sigma's comments to the females

And finished, 34 hours. This will likely end up being my GOTY.

Mistle

Just arrived in the mail.

Hell. Yes.

I really need to finish Tales of the Abyss first though ;_; it's so loooooong...

LProtag

Haha. I'm pretty sure I know.

Just finished Tenmyouji ending.

;_; I got all teary eyed. I think I know what's happening now... somewhat.

Just two more endings left...

Vibed

This game just makes so many major plot points too obvious early on if you go about it in certain orders. I know it did for me.

I went:
Quark lock, Clover, Tenmyouji, Luna lock, K, Dio, Alice, Phi lock, Sigma, Quark, Luna, Phi
. Bad ends go along with each one at the first time I reach them (meaning bad ends are reached when I get to the lock).

I was able to predict so much, I almost have a hard time believing people were shocked at
the game taking place on the moon
or
being in the future

LProtag

Luna ending.

I thought they were done giving me all the stuff they would and just giving me a teary ending, but then that last word she says, haha.

Well... I'm ready for the final ending now.

Jintor

This game just makes so many major plot points too obvious early on if you go about it in certain orders. I know it did for me.

I went:
Quark lock, Clover, Tenmyouji, Luna lock, K, Dio, Alice, Phi lock, Sigma, Quark, Luna, Phi
. Bad ends go along with each one at the first time I reach them (meaning bad ends are reached when I get to the lock).

I was able to predict so much, I almost have a hard time believing people were shocked at
the game taking place on the moon
or
being in the future

I can't remember the vibe I took... I think it went through nearly all of the lock endings before I even begun getting actual endings, so almost nothing made sense until I got near the end
and shit begun resolving like crazy. I think it went Alice lock, a whole bunch of crazy locks, then Clover, K, Tenmyouji, Quark, Dio, Sigma, Alice, Luna, Phi

Vibed

Can I play this game and get all the endings without the need for a guide/chart (like 999)?

Yeah, you can do that no problem. There's a lot more locks than 999, but there's a handy flow chart that can jump to story branches. Every branch is different. Even the puzzle rooms have an easy mode if you get stuck, but be sure to complete them on hard later to unlock the final epilogue.

Mistle

The game actually will lock off endings until you play them in the 'right' order, so you're good

Yeah, you can do that no problem. There's a lot more locks than 999, but there's a handy flow chart that can jump to story branches. Every branch is different. Even the puzzle rooms have an easy mode if you get stuck, but be sure to complete them on hard later to unlock the final epilogue.

Sounds like they've really refined the formula. Can't wait to play!

I finally got this game!
Got it yesterday

Played for 10 hours and just got my first ending, it's the
Dio
ending.

All I can say is, wat. I'm amazed they've almost made the plot more batshit insane than the entirety of 999 :lol I'm really enjoying it, but seriously wut

LProtag

I knew it.

We're on the moon. I knewww it.

But... I have to go to bed soon because I have work tomorrow... I don't want to... gahhhh!

Edit: Oh man, oh man, I gotta stop here. I just know too much is coming. I only have like an hour before class after work tomorrow and I want to make sure not to rush myself at all, wanna just finish the rest. I think I have a solid 2 hours after class and before bed tomorrow... I'll have to wait.

milkham

looks like that weird bug that happened to me where a gold file didn't show up when i opened the safe with the secret password kept me from platinum :(

Jintor

I knew it.

We're on the moon. I knewww it.

But... I have to go to bed soon because I have work tomorrow... I don't want to... gahhhh!

Edit: Oh man, oh man, I gotta stop here. I just know too much is coming. I only have like an hour before class after work tomorrow and I want to make sure not to rush myself at all, wanna just finish the rest. I think I have a solid 2 hours after class and before bed tomorrow... I'll have to wait.

Dude it's gonna be

tumblr_mec7n3EFvv1qfsssio2_400.gif

Coen

I've just started Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS. Finished the introductory puzzle, hooked up with Alice, finished that part (crew quarters I guess?) and had the prisoners dillema explained to me in the AB room by Phi, who I'm already starting to grow fond of.

I have to say the game's super intimidating. I've yet to play 999, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I've obviously picked up on the multiple endings thing, but is there a way to fuck up a play-through? I'm a bit anxious because I don't really feel like starting this game over several times?

Roubjon

I've just started Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS. Finished the introductory puzzle, hooked up with Alice, finished that part (crew quarters I guess?) and had the prisoners dillema explained to me in the AB room by Phi, who I'm already starting to grow fond of.

I have to say the game's super intimidating. I've yet to play 999, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I've obviously picked up on the multiple endings thing, but is there a way to fuck up a play-through? I'm a bit anxious because I don't really feel like starting this game over several times?

No, you can't screw anything up. Just play the game, enjoy it, and don't worry about what ending you might get.

Just remember that VLR will spoil 999's twists!

I'm a sucker for the scenes where someone starts explaining something (like Phi with the prisoner's dilemma) and that music kicks in

I could actually play a whole game of people explaining stuff and never get bored :lol

BTW is there any reason why the thread is already in community? It's a bit of a bummer considering the game only came out in the UK like a week ago

Question about the D
io
ending

Earlier Zero III says there's no rules about how many people can pass through the no.9 door, it could be one, two or the whole group, the only rule is that it closes after 9 seconds. So why doesn't Sigma and the rest just charge on through when Dio runs to open the door?

I've only seen the 'bad' ending directly relating to the previously mentioned one, so if the answer lies in another ending then don't tell me!

Adamator

Finished the game up today and loved every second. The writer's did a masterful job and I love how the FLOW Chart was part of the story.

One thing that is bugging me is that I can't find a list of US Voice Actors for the game. The game itself doesn't even have them in the credits!

I really want to know who does the Old Woman's voice, among others. It sounds a lot like Linda Hunt.

After hitting three dead ends, I finally got Clover and K's endings.

Regarding the latter:

HOLY CRAP. K's my favourite character in the game; and seeing him unmasked was a twist of Shyamalan-like proportions. Can someone comfirm if this carries over to other endings or if it's just a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment? Also, finding out who the old woman is was quite cool, too. I'm still convinced that Dio is a wanker of epic proportions in every timeline, and that K was justified in making him suffer.

Question about the D
io
ending

Earlier Zero III says there's no rules about how many people can pass through the no.9 door, it could be one, two or the whole group, the only rule is that it closes after 9 seconds. So why doesn't Sigma and the rest just charge on through when Dio runs to open the door?

I've only seen the 'bad' ending directly relating to the previously mentioned one, so if the answer lies in another ending then don't tell me!

It's not really a spoiler, since I do believe Zero III explained that
You can't just rush out of the number 9 door without 9 BP. If you do, then you get penalized.

PKrockin

I don't know who is worse, the guy who is actually playing the game and making Sigma's voice or the two lame dudes making fun of him with an endless supply of bad/cringe worthy jokes.

Yeah, I can't possibly imagine worse commentary from the LPer, but they were off their game too... to the point where I bet the reason for uploading it was to bring the series to the attention of their large subscriber base. Slowbeef has already pitched the game to retsupurae fans once before.

PK Gaming

Dude it's gonna be

tumblr_mec7n3EFvv1qfsssio2_400.gif

goddamn adorable

did you make that?

I remember chancing on a blog dedicated to junpei / 999 fan art comics, but I lost the link...

@ Scraftybro

Yes this does factor into one of the endings. One of the most important ones in fact

Jintor

goddamn adorable

did you make that?

I remember chancing on a blog dedicated to junpei / 999 fan art comics, but I lost the link...

I'm making other stuff but I'm poking around the tumblr fandom

I always get the impression tumblr is inhabited almost solely by girls from the age of 13 - 29 who are absolutely engrossed in fandom

LProtag

whhaaattt

I need to... research.

Actually could someone that's beaten it answer this for me:

I've gotten all the trophies except for finding all the files, it seems like I missed one. I just did the ending where I was Kyle, it's done, right?

How did this take me just over 50 hours? I guess I did the puzzles slower than most? Or maybe I thought a lot between reading.

Don't worry it took me that long too. I think the main time-adder for me was falling asleep while playing (Note to self: Stop playing games in bed) I think certain puzzles like the last one, I was just working out on paper for a while, and left the 3DS open, which clocked in a couple extra hours... I dunno. Either way, the time I had with the game was enjoyable, and that's what matters.

Vibed

How did this take me just over 50 hours? I guess I did the puzzles slower than most? Or maybe I thought a lot between reading.

Don't worry, it took me 48. Don't know how I could have done the puzzles THAT much slower though. Maybe I had left the game on?

At least I solved every puzzle but one or two bullshit ones by myself.

Top Bottom