• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly thinking about cancelling my preorder - I would have already if it wasn't the only place to get the damn watch. Waiting a week for a game is utterly ridiculous, think I might just go digital on my Vita or grab a copy at GS. I hate Amazon so much, I don't even know why I have Prime at this point.

Good news for everyone who wanted the watch ...For me i cancelled my first ( old ) amazon preorder ..
Why ? because i can't get the watch .. i did receive the mail from amazon but considering that i can't get this ( new ) item given my geographical localistion.

So i'll get the game by other means .. It's too bad about the watch but i'll live without it ..

Anyway can't wait to get this game as soon as possible.

Eusis

Congrats. :) But wouldn't it be better to let someone else who wasn't able to get a watch get that extra watch? Not trying to be a buzzkill but... The was the original purpose of the third wave. >.>

However, I may be wrong about that. Perhaps there was more to this than met the eye?
Well...
Honestly thinking about cancelling my preorder - I would have already if it wasn't the only place to get the damn watch. Waiting a week for a game is utterly ridiculous, think I might just go digital on my Vita or grab a copy at GS. I hate Amazon so much, I don't even know why I have Prime at this point.

Good news for everyone who wanted the watch ...For me i cancelled my first ( old ) amazon preorder ..
Why ? because i can't get the watch .. i did receive the mail from amazon but considering that i can't get this ( new ) item given my geographical localistion.

So i'll get the game by other means .. It's too bad about the watch but i'll live without it ..

Anyway can't wait to get this game as soon as possible.
... This is why I wouldn't really sweat it. With the address out there it's inevitable we'll have some people outright abuse it, at least here it's a passionate fan, and one in a place that gets screwed out of these goods all the time anyway.

Well...

... This is why I wouldn't really sweat it. With the address out there it's inevitable we'll have some people outright abuse it, at least here it's a passionate fan, and one in a place that gets screwed out of these goods all the time anyway.
That is true. It is good that it's a fan getting it and not a shameless scalper. :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I might pick up the 3DS version eventually but the Vita version looked great on the larger screen. Plus... screenshot mode came in handy a bunch.

Esura

Banned
Well the Vita has a built in screenshot function so I assume that is what she is talking about.

Ohhh, I thought it was some sort of special Vita version feature VLR had.

Seems like a lot of people here are getting it for the Vita. Anyone getting it for the 3DS?

Seems like a lot of people here are getting it for the Vita. Anyone getting it for the 3DS?

I'm getting this for the 3DS, since I already bought that system a while back and I don't have money right now to pick up a Vita.

So there is no screenshot mode for the 3DS version? :(

It got two cameras.
Technically 3, but unfortunately, screenshots aren't do-able on a 3DS unless the software does it. My understanding is that Vita has it built in.

But from what I've seen, there is the memo pad you can use to take notes. (it works a lot better on the 3DS than Vita because of the stylus.) Someone with a review copy feel free to correct me.

Pharros

It's built in to the Vita OS.

While probably not as useful as the Vita screenshot function, you can switch to the 3ds notes with the game screen available to take notes. I haven't played VLR yet but I assume this could come in handy if needed.

Cbajd5

I am, I carry around my 3DSXL more often and I want to play it as close as possible to 999 since I liked how that worked.

Esura

Banned
It's built in to the Vita OS.

Oh. That is one cool feature. Would make GAF Play walkthroughs easy to do that's for sure.

I'm getting this for the 3DS, since I already bought that system a while back and I don't have money right now to pick up a Vita.

I'm still waiting for the Vita's memory cards to get cheaper before I plunge. Really my only barrier keeping me from getting one.

I paid off the 3DS version in full at Gamestop. One of these days I would get the Vita version too because I hate having multiplatform games on one console (or handheld) usually.

Technically 3, but unfortunately, screenshots aren't do-able on a 3DS unless the software does it. My understanding is that Vita has it built in.

But from what I've seen, there is the memo pad you can use to take notes. (it works a lot better on the 3DS than Vita because of the stylus.) Someone with a review copy feel free to correct me.

Oooh, I'm gonna love that memo pad.

I am, I carry around my 3DSXL more often and I want to play it as close as possible to 999 since I liked how that worked.

I wonder do this game have a special event like [999 spoilers]
that incinerator time traveling puzzle thing
that takes advantage of the second screen.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I had no issues but you can use a capacitive stylus if you really want.

Yeah, I'm using a capacitive stylus and it works pretty well.
A501MK_CMAEp3ir.jpg

GSR

Well, as far as I can tell there's no reason for me to hold on to my Amazon order from March now that I've got a watch order. Anyone able to think of any reason to (other than having an extra copy to show off?)

Derrick01

Banned
I had no issues but you can use a capacitive stylus if you really want.

Would a normal DS lite stylus count as that? Not really sure what capacitive is but I have a couple of DS spares laying around.

Also I have to say that youtube channel you sent me to is really helpful. I'm slowly going through 999 and it's pretty solid so far.

CorySchmitz

999 was probably my favorite DS game, but I am having a hard time remembering the (true) end.

Is there a *fairly quick* written/video/audio/anything recap somewhere?

Edit: NVM Wikipedia will do, hehe.

Ice Mage

Neo Member
I bet Zero this time is
.......Luna........

Would sort of make sense/wouldn't be that surprising -- 999 spoilerses
Akane was the least suspicious in 999 as well, so it was a nice surprise... However, it would seem a little predictable to me if they're going to turn the most innocent-appearing character into Zero again... PLEASE LET THIS BE UNTRUE

I'm sticking to the theory that Luna is actually Akane. The resemblance is fucking uncanny.

I thought that too for a while. Now I've seen that
even the girl in the Code of Princess cover resembles Akane... :)

Anyway, I don't think Luna is Zero/Evil or something like that. Uchikoshi already played that card.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Would sort of make sense/wouldn't be that surprising -- 999 spoilerses
Akane was the least suspicious in 999 as well, so it was a nice surprise... However, it would seem a little predictable to me if they're going to turn the most innocent-appearing character into Zero again... PLEASE LET THIS BE UNTRUE

Play the game and find out! Ohohoho.

Top Bottom