• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

How niche of a run is this going to be? I'm hoping I'll be able to just walk into my local Gamestop at the end of the week and pick this up.

Koroviev

Oh ok so basically one that is meant to work on all those smartphones. It's good to know for when I get a Vita because I really don't want a screen protector and I definitely don't want to put my fingers on that beautiful screen.

I use a microfiber cloth to interact with the screen. No smudges and there is less risk of accidentally scratching the screen, as can happen with a stylus if a speck of dust gets caught under it and dragged.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I use a microfiber cloth to interact with the screen. No smudges and there is less risk of accidentally scratching the screen, as can happen with a stylus if a speck of dust gets caught under it and dragged.

You'd probably want to use a hori screen protector anyways. I got one on my vita and it's like it looks lke it's not even there most of the time, so it keeps the screens clarity intact.

Koroviev

You'd probably want to use a hori screen protector anyways. I got one on my vita and it's like it looks lke it's not even there most of the time, so it keeps the screens clarity intact.

I can't apply those things to save my life. The only scratch I had on my DS Lite was caused by my attempt to apply one of those damned things.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I can't apply those things to save my life. The only scratch I had on my DS Lite was caused by my attempt to apply one of those damned things.

Yeah, I went through three of them before I got it on properly. D: I was fine without with my PSP and never had any scratches on that but I was more concerned with the Vita since some games require you to touch the screen.

Iirc, Hori made the screen protectors for Vita super easy to apply. Anywho, I just checked Amazon and my estimate is now for the 25th. Neato.

chrono01

More copies [with the pre-order bonus] are available at Amazon [both the for 3DS and Vita]!

I already [hopefully] have my 3DS copy secured, but if you missed out, definitely purchase one ASAP!

Busaiku

Well, finishing 999 deflated a lot of my hype, but maybe the cartoon can get me excited again.

It's on the main site, right?
Or is it on Aksys's Youtube channel or something?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My copy is set to arrive on monday... of NEXT WEEK.

DAMN, MAN.

I'm tempted to cancel, but I want a watch I can sell for hundreds of dollars(lol).

Well, finishing 999 deflated a lot of my hype, but maybe the cartoon can get me excited again.

It's on the main site, right?
Or is it on Aksys's Youtube channel or something?

Both. It's in the Video section where the teaser trailer is on the main site, it's from their youtube, so it's there as well.

Sheik

I really wish they would have just released a collector's edition that included the watch instead of making it a US-only preorder bonus. All my tears ;_;.

I decided to cancel my Amazon.ca preorder and preorder it at Best Buy for the $5 discount. I'll probably get it on Wednesday, and then all other games will be shelved until I get at least 5 different endings! Vita copy of course.

Will you guys be playing with English or Japanese dubs? I think I'll go Japanese first run.

chrono01

I really wish they would have just released a collector's edition that included the watch instead of making it a US-only preorder bonus. All my tears ;_;.

I decided to cancel my Amazon.ca preorder and preorder it at Best Buy for the $5 discount. I'll probably get it on Wednesday, and then all other games will be shelved until I get at least 5 different endings! Vita copy of course.

Will you guys be playing with English or Japanese dubs? I think I'll go Japanese first run.

If you don't mind importing, it's not US-only. Amazon.com will ship both the 3DS and Vita version here to Canada [with the pre-order bonuses]. Amazon.com had issues prior to shipping the 3DS version here, but thankfully, they corrected it.

Sheik

If you don't mind importing, it's not US-only. Amazon.com will ship both the 3DS and Vita version here to Canada [with the pre-order bonuses]. Amazon.com had issues prior to shipping the 3DS version here, but thankfully, they corrected it.

Wait, what?!? Since when?? I tried to order the Vita version on Amazon.com a while ago and it said it couldn't be shipped to my location. Aren't they out of watches now anyway?

chrono01

Wait, what?!? Since when?? I tried to order the Vita version on Amazon.com a while ago and it said it couldn't be shipped to my location. Aren't they out of watches now anyway?
Nope, they are available to be shipped to countries other than the US now.

I just checked the site, and they're still offering pre-orders for both the 3DS and Vita versions. I know I'm not supposed to post the link [as per Aksys's request], but a Google search should bring it up for you. ^_^

Busaiku

Alright, just checked it out.

I like that they decided to go for a more outlandish nature (haven't really kept up with media much, but I guess a simple glance over the characters would've revealed as much).
I think that'll definitely help.

Sheik

Nope, they are available to be shipped to countries other than the US now.

I just checked the site, and they're still offering pre-orders for both the 3DS and Vita versions. I know I'm not supposed to post the link [as per Aksys's request], but a Google search should bring it up for you. ^_^

I don't see any mention of the watch though? :S

Mupod

So when I first played 999 my immediate reaction was 'wow, this reminds me of Ever17'. Of course, after finding out WHY I decided that I'd go back and finish that VN once I was done with 999.

I'd previously started it several years ago but only finished Tsugumi's route before a series of unfortunate events made me lose my save, the computer I was playing it on, and the apartment I was living in at the time so I never got around to completing it. The funny thing is, I consider it the thing that got me into VNs even though I had left it unfinished for so long. But with VLR's impending release I decided to finally power through it. And oh how I did.

cocosroute.jpg

...now that my brain is plastered all over the walls of my house, I'm all ready to have my mind blown by VLR all over again. I kinda regret ordering it online, I need it NOW but I have no confidence in stores around here actually having it in stock, and I didn't preorder. Oh well.

It's nice that there's dual audio, but the English cast sounds fine based on the OVA so I might go with that. I know some people a few pages back had Travis Willingham mixed up with Liam O'Brien, but sounds to me like Travis is voicing K. Anyone know for sure?

Vibed

I'm on Tsugumi's route in Ever 17 after just finishing my first playthrough with You. I really need to finish it before VLR comes around Thursday...

And Kagari, I agree the sort of 1998-2004 era anime design IS a turn off, and the game isn't paced too well, but the story is quite good and more shocking that 999 (from what I've heard).

Esura

Banned
I bet Zero this time is
.......Luna........

I have a feeling Zero this time might be
a character who was apart of the Nevada experiments 9 years prior to 999. Wasn't Akane mixed up with another girl when divvying them up in the receiver and transience group?

I've never played Ever17. The super anime character designs are a big turn off.

I recommend it if you liked 999. In my opinion, Ever17 hit the "ridiculous" point really late in the game and it kinda ruined the experience for me. But the twists are similar to 999's and up until that certain point, it was a mind-fu*kfest.

Still, if you've finished both 999 & VLR, why not play through one more of Kotaro Uchikoshi's masterpieces.

Torraz

Too many black bars appearing. Think I'll have to bailout for a month at least.

After just beating 999 I'm kinda tempted to pick up a (more expensive) US vita version if my local shop that carries some import games gets any in in the next few days :/.

Mupod

I've never played Ever17. The super anime character designs are a big turn off.

I understand what you mean. They are pretty uguu-lookin' sometimes, but it did come out like 10 years ago. The translation's a bit spotty as well, but if you liked 999 you really should give it a shot.

I recommend it if you liked 999. In my opinion, Ever17 hit the "ridiculous" point really late in the game and it kinda ruined the experience for me. But the twists are similar to 999's and up until that certain point, it was a mind-fu*kfest.

Still, if you've finished both 999 & VLR, why not play through one more of Kotaro Uchikoshi's masterpieces.

Let me guess...
Blick Winkel, right? I gotta say the ending seemed way too super-happy to me but it DID bring all of the game's plot strings together cleanly
. Whereas with 999's true ending
I was just left there with my mouth open saying 'HUH'?

atomsk

Party Pooper
just got a text from gamestop saying my preorder can be picked up "monday PM".... I guess I'm leaving the house tonight

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I might. I need something to play in between and now and... well, later.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
just got a text from gamestop saying my preorder can be picked up "monday PM".... I guess I'm leaving the house tonight

Me too. What the hell does "PM" even mean in the context of that sentence? Now? Two hours from now? Five hours from now?

Esura

Banned

I got a call about that too.

Is there some big game that has a chance of getting a midnight opening coming out?

Roto13

Apparently my preferred game retailer doesn't know if they'll have this game tomorrow, but they will definitely have it by the end of the week, so that's cool.

Just wanted to post that I'm excited. :p Leaving forever again!

creid

I just got a text from Gamestop that my preorder will be available tonight! Hopefully I can get down there to see.

Got the same. Given Aksys's statements 'round here about how they wouldn't even be shipping their copies out until tomorrow I'm doubtful, but it sure would be nice! Anyone call their local store to confirm?

Me too. What the hell does "PM" even mean in the context of that sentence? Now? Two hours from now? Five hours from now?
I think it's intentionally vague since different stores will naturally receive their shipments at different times.

Esura

Banned
Medal of Honor/Forza.
Oh, that would explain it.

Got the same. Given Aksys's statements 'round here about how they wouldn't even be shipping their copies out until tomorrow I'm doubtful, but it sure would be nice! Anyone call their local store to confirm?

I wonder do they do that for all their games. I remember getting Continuum Shift and CS Extend day one at my local Gamestop but I had to wait for them to get it out of this giant box they had which I assume was their shipments for the day.

Belisarius

Neo Member

I think it's intentionally vague since different stores will naturally receive their shipments at different times.

GameStop should have the game on release date, I believe. The whole shipping situation is a little more...complex than I made it out to be earlier.

Top Bottom