• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Esura

Banned
I hope the official site gets a fansite kit like 999 did. Literally been waiting over for a year for Alice's art in a nice hi res transparent png.

999 got a fansite kit? What's that?

She looks much older on the official artwork.

VTs2u.png

Give her a different hairstyle and no one would doubt her age. ;)

I've always been fond of that pose. So good.

Reminds me of those Bettie Page pin ups. Sexy.

Sheik

I played nearly straight through with very little sleep in between, lol.

I bet you, even while suffering from sleep deprivation, are far intellectually superior though! I enjoy puzzles even though I'm mediocre at them. How long did your first playthrough take?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I bet you, even while suffering from sleep deprivation, are far intellectually superior though! I enjoy puzzles even though I'm mediocre at them. How long did your first playthrough take?

31:37. I was only missing a few things to get the platinum.

Torraz

In a so good I couldn't put it down way. This game gripped me in a death hold and wouldn't let go until the end.

May I ask how good the soundtrack is?
a) in an absolute sense and
b) compared to other games from the genre like Phoenix Wright, Ghost trick, Umineko, Higurashi etc. (if you have played any of those)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
May I ask how good the soundtrack is?
a) in an absolute sense and
b) compared to other games from the genre like Phoenix Wright, Ghost trick, Umineko, Higurashi etc. (if you have played any of those)

The OST is very similar in tone to 999, even remixing certain themes. The right tracks are played during appropriate scenes. I'll admit that there's at least one that really creeped me out, especially playing the game so late at night.

Torraz

The OST is very similar in tone to 999, even remixing certain themes. The right tracks are played during appropriate scenes. I'll admit that there's at least one that really creeped me out, especially playing the game so late at night.

Thank you, a fulfilling, yet at the same time slightly disappointing answer. On the one hand the 999 soundtrack was functional and pretty good, but on the other hand, after playing some more ghost trick yesterday night, and from memory of other such games, it could have been a lot better.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thank you, a fulfilling, yet at the same time slightly disappointing answer. On the one hand the 999 soundtrack was functional and pretty good, but on the other hand, after playing some more ghost trick yesterday night, and from memory of other such games, it could have been a lot better.

The music in VLR is very ambient... nothing really super-standout except for a couple tracks.

I was listening to the 999 OST a few weeks ago, and it's so creepy. It may be the scariest thing about the game.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So which stylus are you Vita guys using? I wanna make sure I get something decent lol.
I use this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BUI76S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's a bit more than the cheapo ones but it has great reviews and seems to be built to last. Has been working great so far and with a little practice you can flick the screen to turn the room view comfortably without overshooting and remove the need for the L/R buttons

Esura

Banned
It's just...awful. I don't think any of the character designs in 999 are all that great, but Clover's is glaringly bad.

My eyes must be twisted then. I like the style of it. It's distinctive and it has a nice stylized, detailed look to it. I want to make it my GAF avvy.

EDIT: I'm still looking at it hard and I'm not seeing the issue. :(

Maybe the proportions are off and I'm not seeing it or something...

A nice bunch of assests (character art, game logo etc.)
http://www.aksysgames.com/999/media

Oooo, I wish they did fankits for Blazblue, lol.

Dantis

My eyes must be twisted then. I like the style of it. It's distinctive and it has a nice stylized, detailed look to it. I want to make it my GAF avvy.

I agree as far as that goes, but I don't care much for the design itself. She looks miles worse in VLR in my opinion though.

I'm very partial to more skin showing, provided it's done right. Less is more.
I'm hoping the character in the skimpy outfit in the third Zero Escape game is a dude. Perhaps a wrestler/bodybuilder that was gassed right after a competition?

Make it happen Spike Chunsoft.

Esura

Banned
I'm hoping the character in the skimpy outfit in the third Zero Escape game is a dude. Perhaps a wrestler/bodybuilder that was gassed right after a competition?

Wait...there is a third Zero Escape game in the making? Holy shit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Eh heh heh heh. About that third game... well, you'll see.

Esura

Banned

....I have another rule too.

Bigger is better. It goes good with "Less is more" but it works with fully clothed females with great results too.

I love Yasuda's work as well as Nishi's. I love how they do their female characters. It inspires my work.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyway, my review will be up some time this afternoon... after I get some sleep. Look forward to it, etc etc.

Torraz

The music in VLR is very ambient... nothing really super-standout except for a couple tracks.

I was listening to the 999 OST a few weeks ago, and it's so creepy. It may be the scariest thing about the game.

VLR definitely has those same unsettling moments in its music.

I actually agree. The creepy, ambient, parts of the soundtrack were fantastic.

Even in general, the soundtrack was good. I simply think it could have been better, as shown by other games from a similar genre. That could have pushed this game from a 9.x/10 (strong personal GOTY contender) to a guaranteed 12/10...

I was just missing some more "exciting", standout, tunes for situtions like
the final puzzle(s), the confrontation(s) with the killer(s), the unmasking of Ace, the unraveling of the mystery etc.

Think of, for example:
- Justice - Umineko
- Rougoku - Umineko
- Any "Cornered" theme from the Phoenix Wright series
- Any announcing the truth theme from Phoenix Wright
- Ghost Trick - Deepending of the night
- Ghost Trick - Countdown

Top Bottom