• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

tumblr_mccyrvE6Fy1qgdj69.gif

Another edit that had to be done because this is going to be all of us that for one reason or another couldn't pre-order >__<

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
tumblr_mccyrvE6Fy1qgdj69.gif

Another edit that had to be done because this is going to be all of us that for one reason or another couldn't pre-order >__<

Someone needs to replace the screen with a GAF post with spoiler tags on it. Considering I read a lot of GAF on my iPad, it would be perfect. lol

Peagles

Unfortunately there are no plans at this time >.<

Man, do you have any idea how much money you'd make if you did this for both of the watches? Or even the games themselves? I'm in New Zealand and really disappointed at this. Heck, the 999 game didn't even come out here, I had to import it.

Esura

Banned
Hey guys, get this.

My local Gamestop only got two copies of the 3DS version of VLR in and only two preorders for it, one for an employee and another one for me. So why in the fuck would they gut my copy? It hasn't been 48 hours yet! Normally I'm not bothered by stuff like that but if I'm going to preorder something I want it exactly how it came in your box. They didn't even have the game for like a half a damn day. "Ooooh shit, I'm soooo sorry!" dude kept saying over and over.

Whatever, this the first time something like this happened at my local one.
Should of preordered on Amazon...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hey guys, get this.

My local Gamestop only got two copies of the 3DS version of VLR in and only two preorders for it, one for an employee and another one for me. So why in the fuck would they gut my copy? It hasn't been 48 hours yet! Normally I'm not bothered by stuff like that but if I'm going to preorder something I want it exactly how it came in your box. They didn't even have the game for like a half a damn day. "Ooooh shit, I'm soooo sorry!" dude kept saying over and over.

You should have done that to begin with.

Just think of how hard it was to avoid spoilers from the Japanese release. So glad I did.

Honestly, I find it easier to avoid those (I still failed though...) because I couldn't play it anyways so it was easier to put it at the back of my mind, but now that it's out I feel really impatient D:

Esura

Banned
The reality is the game isn't exactly something that would sell like hotcakes? It's high risk for them.

I think it varies. I never preordered Persona 2: IS but I walked in and got the boxed copy before.

In their 3DS new release section, its pretty much nothing but Nintendo made games. Everything else is games someone traded in.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Im going to wait until GCT, if amazon hasnt shipped my order by then, that shit is getting cancelled. screw the watch. I want the GAME.

Esura

Banned
Im going to wait until GCT, if amazon hasnt shipped my order by then, that shit is getting cancelled. screw the watch. I want the GAME.

Well, if you got the preorder watch already I wouldn't cancel it.

Might as well wait. At least you get an ungutted copy of the game AND a watch....man I feel boned.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to snag a shrink-wrapped 3DS copy at my local Gamestop without pre-ordering... guess I lucked out. The store I went to had 3 non-reserved copies when I asked.

Can't wait to dive into the game! Big fan of 999, but I've been studiously avoiding info on VLR to not run into any kinds of spoilers. Looking forward to going back through this thread and the spoiler topic after I've beaten the game. :p

kiryogi

Banned
I think it varies. I never preordered Persona 2: IS but I walked in and got the boxed copy before.

In their 3DS new release section, its pretty much nothing but Nintendo made games. Everything else is games someone traded in.

Atlus vs XSeed I suppose? Think the SMT name has more behind it to reassure Gamestop unlike VLR or something.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
GameStop finally found my copy in their shipment, and I just picked it up. I can't believe I am going into this game so blind, it is an amazing feeling! I won't be able to start playing until Thursday night (two exams coming up in the next two days), but I can't fricken wait! I'll join you guys/gals in discussion around then. :)

atomsk

Party Pooper
Hey guys, get this.

Girl didn't even apologize when I said "Really? You only got my reserve in and you gutted it and put it on the shelf?", just shrugged her shoulders.

I'm not normally one to complain but I filled this out as soon as I got home

I doubt it will do any good, but I felt a little better.

Totally done with gamestop for niche games though, this is the first time I've ever had them pull this shit. (no issues with Atlus, XSeed, NISA, Aksys, etc before, even my copy of 999 was sealed!)

kiryogi

Banned
vs Xseed? Isn't this published by Team Blazbl....I mean Aksys?

Sorry Aksys yah. Had Corpse Party on the brain, and which again Aksys probably doesn't have as much backing them I imagine.

Girl didn't even apologize when I said "Really? You only got my reserve in and you gutted it and put it on the shelf?", just shrugged her shoulders.

Totally done with gamestop for niche games though, this is the first time I've ever had them pull this shit. (no issues with Atlus, XSeed, NISA, Aksys, etc before, even my copy of 999 was sealed!)

Actually it does. The surveys are the next big thing for them besides driving reserves.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Well, if you got the preorder watch already I wouldn't cancel it.

Might as well wait. At least you get an ungutted copy of the game AND a watch....man I feel boned.

Yeah, Ill probably buying it today on PSN and just selling the physical game. Eff money.

Esura

Banned
EDIT: Anyone else's eyes hurt playing this in 3D? I hate 3D...

I'm pissed but I dunno if I'm pissed off enough to file a complaint against my Gamestop. If it's anything like my job is, those surveys could easily be the kiss of death for a job. They weren't rude to me like how that girl who you dealt with was and they never ID me since I come there so much so I'll chalk this up as a mistake that hopefully wouldn't happen again.

If this was the first time that happened to you too, then maybe Gamestop got some sort of vendetta against VLR or something LOL.

Sorry Aksys yah. Had Corpse Party on the brain, and which again Aksys probably doesn't have as much backing them I imagine.

Actually it does. The surveys are the next big thing for them besides driving reserves.
True.

Yeah, Ill probably buying it today on PSN and just selling the physical game. Eff money.

The collector in me would keep the game but for any sane individual, selling the sealed copy wouldn't hurt lol.

sensui-tomo

depending on the color watch i get i might sell that when it ships.. Red(will probably sell) , blue(dont know yet) Green(keep and try to get a cosplay going for it for some anime convention) but yeah, been avoiding the threads due to that sliver of chance i get spoiled.. .. i do however need to read up on other endings for 999 (got that true ending and knife <_< that ending taught me to never go with my moral decisions ever again)

Thoraxes

Would uh, anyone be interested in me doing a livestream of the game when it's available for download?

I'm pretty sure I have the time to do a couple hours if enough people are interested.

So, now that the game is out, can I ask what's under the 3 question mark section on the official site? Also, when is Zero III's character profile gonna be unveiled?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey guys, get this.

Er wait...why did they gut a preorder? That makes zero sense. Those guys sound like fucking idiots. They're supposed to pile preorders behind the counter and not touch them at all.

Would uh, anyone be interested in me doing a livestream of the game when it's available for download?

I'm pretty sure I have the time to do a couple hours if enough people are interested.

I'd love to do a live stream, but I don't have the equipment to livestream a handheld game. Oh well, good luck on yours.

Thoraxes

What's your setup anyways? (I didn't watch your demo recordings.)

On the recordings I was just using an iPod touch.

For this though, I would just use an Eyetoy (yes the text/resolution is still good enough to read) and then have a direct feed of the audio running into my PC.
I'd love to do a live stream, but I don't have the equipment to livestream a handheld game. Oh well, good luck on yours.

I'd like it! Maybe the beginning and the first room! :D
That would be great!
I can do that then.

Volcynika

On the recordings I was just using an iPod touch.

For this though, I would just use an Eyetoy (yes the text is still good enough to read) and then have a direct feed of the audio running into my PC.

Ahh.

My kingdom for a Vita with video-out! (For consumers).

atomsk

Party Pooper
I'm pissed but I dunno if I'm pissed off enough to file a complaint against my Gamestop. If it's anything like my job is, those surveys could easily be the kiss of death for a job. They weren't rude to me like how that girl who you dealt with was and they never ID me since I come there so much so I'll chalk this up as a mistake that hopefully wouldn't happen again.

I voiced my grievances in a calm and concise manner, and simply told them the actions were unacceptable and I would no longer be making reserves with the company.

It'll probably fall on deaf ears, but who knows.

thetrin

I voiced my grievances in a calm and concise manner, and simply told them the actions were unacceptable and I would no longer be making reserves with the company.

I stopped shopping at GS a long time ago because of the same shit. Nowadays I get my new releases from either my local mom n pop, or from Amazon.

Esura

Banned
Phi is adorable. Clover got some competition.

Er wait...why did they gut a preorder? That makes zero sense. Those guys sound like fucking idiots. They're supposed to pile preorders behind the counter and not touch them at all.

In that case...that makes me wonder if the employee who supposedly "preordered" the game actually didn't preorder and just hid one of the copies of the game while the other guy gutted the other one thinking it was supposed to be the one for sell. Because the other guy who rung me up was genuinely shocked while his co worker was oddly quiet. If someone gonna do something like that at least fill the co worker in so they can cover you better...damn.

Not if you do that survey. They'll get the message loud and clear.

Top Bottom