• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
In that case...that makes me wonder if the employee who supposedly "preordered" the game actually didn't preorder and just hid one of the copies of the game while the other guy gutted the other one thinking it was supposed to be the one for sell. Because the other guy who rung me up was genuinely shocked while his co worker was oddly quiet. If someone gonna do something like that at least fill the co worker in so they can cover you better...damn.

This happens. Employees are allowed to put games aside for a single day to buy them themselves, but they're not allowed to then gut a copy that's on preorder. They're supposed to just say it's out of stock, and move on.

Esura

Banned
This happens. Employees are allowed to put games aside for a single day to buy them themselves, but they're not allowed to then gut a copy that's on preorder. They're supposed to just say it's out of stock, and move on.

Ah, the more you know.

Luckily the price sticker wasn't on there too long where it would be hard to remove. I just hope nothing shady like this happens with my ZoE HD Collection LE. Sold out on Amazon so I have no alternative.

CorySchmitz

Yesss. Got 'em.

IMG_4107.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ah, the more you know.

Luckily the price sticker wasn't on there too long where it would be hard to remove. I just hope nothing shady like this happens with my ZoE HD Collection LE. Sold out on Amazon so I have no alternative.

This is what sucks so much about Gamestop. Even when the rules work in your favor, the fools that work there will break them constantly. I should know. I worked with some of those fools in college.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Since my watch order supposedly doesn't come until Friday, I couldn't resist. I checked Gamestops around me that supposedly had the game in stock. Only one in my area showed regular stock, and I got there as the dude was putting them away. It was nice to see the guy at least curious about it since he never heard of it before. Now to relax for a bit before diving in. Excite!

Nibel

EU 3DS version will be released in January

This will be my first game I'll play on my planned white 3DS XL. Until then I need to finish 999 a few more times!

And Sigma is the coolest name for a dude who looks that cool :lol

mollipen

Aww, a bit disappointed you didn't play 999 before hand :(

You are NOWHERE NEAR as disappointed in that fact as I am. Unfortunately, it just ended up that there was no possible way for me to do so before I'd have to review Virtue.

This is one of the reasons that, sometimes, I hate playing games as a job. :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You are NOWHERE NEAR as disappointed in that fact as I am. Unfortunately, it just ended up that there was no possible way for me to do so before I'd have to review Virtue.

Did you get all of the endings?

zulux21

Aww, a bit disappointed you didn't play 999 before hand :(

I actually prefer the fact that the review was done with out having played 999 first as I am planning on getting virtue for a friend for christmas and they haven't played 999 either so it's good to know people who haven't played 999 can still really enjoy it :p

zulux21

hmmm weird indeed there rating is different but the text is the same. Maybe they hired the same freelance writer because they are both written by the same guy.

both say they are done by Adam Larck
and it's not really a different score either as 9.4 would round to 4.5/5

GSR

And now begins the most torturous wait of them all. Will probably finish replaying the true ending in 999 to help pass the time 'til Thursday.

Koroviev

Do I use a guide to get the true ending in 999, watch the endings on Youtube, or just read about them? I've only been through the axe ending, and that was more than a year ago. Repeating the puzzles annoyed me, but it has been a while... <_<

Man why is this game getting good reviews T_T.

Now I'm feeling the urge, but i still have pokemon to finish.

Few questions,

How is the 3d on 3ds? It is lead platform right? Thinking holding me back atm, if it ain't too hot ill just get vita.

How big is the file on psn?

Also, do you get burned out? I know you can skip puzzles now, but my mind was glazing past the last few playthroughs for 999 (probably shouldn't have marathoned it), and i'm a bit wary that the game has many endings.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Do I use a guide to get the true ending in 999, watch the endings on Youtube, or just read about them? I've only been through the axe ending, and that was more than a year ago. Repeating the puzzles annoyed me, but it has been a while... <_<
I'd recommend playing through it. If you're impatient for getting to VLR asap, just do the minimum required safe end -> true end.

Yes, I am very impatient. I think I'll do that :p

Just be sure to remember to go back a play through the other endings later down the road. They're pretty amazing on their own, and even better after you've gotten the True Ending. So many little dialogue details I missed! o_O

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Man why is this game getting good reviews T_T.

Now I'm feeling the urge, but i still have pokemon to finish.

Few questions,

How is the 3d on 3ds? It is lead platform right? Thinking holding me back atm, if it ain't too hot ill just get vita.

How big is the file on psn?

Also, do you get burned out? I know you can skip puzzles now, but my mind was glazing past the last few playthroughs for 999 (probably shouldn't have marathoned it), and i'm a bit wary that the game has many endings.

Because it's a great game?

Ryn

PSN where are youuuuu? No store even remotely close has any in stock. Gamestop only has enough copies for preorders. UGH

Hobohodo

I don't wanna go delving into this thread as to avoid spoilers so if anyone could answer this for me that would be awesome. Has anyone got a video of say the opening ten mins or so to the Vita version? I just wanna get a feel for the voice acting during the story sequences to decide whether to import or not.

Esura

Banned
I love the random Sailor Moon reference.

I like the bunny too. Its funny. Also, the bunny sounds like Labrys for some reason, minus the Yorker accent.

I don't wanna go delving into this thread as to avoid spoilers so if anyone could answer this for me that would be awesome. Has anyone got a video of say the opening ten mins or so to the Vita version? I just wanna get a feel for the voice acting during the story sequences to decide whether to import or not.
Go to the OP and watch the OVA. It's exactly what you're looking for.

UberTag

I love the random Sailor Moon reference.

I like the bunny too. Its funny. Also, the bunny sounds like Labrys for some reason, minus the Yorker accent.
I would have been disappointed if there weren't Sailor Moon references.
We've got a game full of rabbit puns, a character named Luna and another character with a cat fixation.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I recommend against that, but if he can't spare 20 hours then I guess that's something that he can do.
I completely agree but I sometimes recommend doing just the minimum from the get-go if I know the person isn't likely the type to replay a game 5 times. Actually unless the person is used to reading adventure games / visual novels I think it's absolutely normal to assume that they wouldn't.

I got the sub ending my first time, thought the game was mediocre and left it sitting there for a year before someone convinced me to go back and do the rest of the endings. Same as with Koroviev, if there wasn't someone to egg me on I would have probably kept that opinion. So my stance on 999 is doing minimum playthroughs for true end > all playthroughs and getting burnt out without seeing the true end.

Luckily with VLR it seems like this won't be a problem anymore since apparently you don't have to repeat any puzzles

Important question !
Anything about the sound of the 3DS version ? IIRC the demo was really compressed in term of audio, is it still the case on the retail game ?

Top Bottom