• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

sensui-tomo

Important question !
Anything about the sound of the 3DS version ? IIRC the demo was really compressed in term of audio, is it still the case on the retail game ?

Yes what you got in the demo is what you get in the full retail, I'll get some sources from the japanese release that also stated this.

Mr. Fix

You would need to internet to track down all the endings right? Or does the game sort of help you avoid getting the same ending twice?

I'm hoping there's something similar to this Ending Tree

CorySchmitz

Important question !
Anything about the sound of the 3DS version ? IIRC the demo was really compressed in term of audio, is it still the case on the retail game ?

It seems OK so far. Kind of compressed. Could just be the 3DS's kind of crummy speakers, though. Might want to get the Vita one if that's important to you.

Mr. Fix

This ending tree is actually INSIDE the game... :)

xtrGW.gif

Well amazon is preparing it too ship! I should have my 3DS version with watch on Thursday! :D

Anywayz: I make these sorta random videos about different things and my latest episode that I uploaded to youtube today is about Virtue's Last Reward. Just me and my mom talking about it. These videos usually get off track but watch it since some have apparantly found them funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70oqnxDb1vM

I am really excited to play this game and can't wait to see what happens next with the story :)

CorySchmitz

Playing it through on 3DS first, so when I eventually play it on the Vita, it will seem like the graphics and sound got a lil' upgrade.

It does seem like it was made for 3DS though, judging by the UI.

ALSO: Vita ppl, don't forget to grab Frobisher Says for free while you're on the store.

CorySchmitz

People are playing it right now... x_x

I am trying pretty hard to ignore it and get some work done, but it's sitting right in front of me!

And I have to hang out with HUMAN FRIENDS tonight so I probably won't be able to play it until I am slightly drunk & in bed :(

Esura

Banned
Screw it, putting it on Easy.

I'm not getting any where on Hard in the chrome room. Damn throw me some bone or something, not asking for the puzzle to solve itself.

I would have been disappointed if there weren't Sailor Moon references.
We've got a game full of rabbit puns, a character named Luna and another character with a cat fixation.

I love the rabbit. NONARY GAAAMMME! AMBIDEX EDIIIITIIIONNN!!!

That's because it's the same actress. :p

Ah, learn something new every day.

Ok, just tried it with some EarPods and it all sounds good, except the voice acting (which still sounds prettttty compressed)

Edit: I'm using the JP voice track.

Ah okay... That's too bad. :( Hopefully the English track is better.

But even if it isn't, I doubt it'll be something I won't get used to.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Does vita have any kind of 'notepad' feature in the game or on the os level?
Yes, it has the exact same in-game notepad as the 3DS version (although finger touch controls are terrible, capacitive stylus recommended), or you can simply press the home + start button to take a screenshot at any time.

Ferrio

Banned
Sigh...I so want to play this but have neither handheld which sucks cause it's the only game on either that I'm interested in.

Yes, it has the exact same in-game notepad as the 3DS version (although finger touch controls are terrible, capacitive stylus recommended), or you can simply press the home + start button to take a screenshot at any time.
What do you need screenshots for?

And oh game is cheaper on psn and not first party?

Would give akys a kiss if I could.

Esura

Banned
English. We worked real hard on it, and the delivery will match the jokes better than the Japanese.

I can see the effort. Zero III is really freaking funny.

Oh, quick question,
who is lying? The father, the mother, or the son? I spent an hour on this puzzle and its not clicking even with Easy.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I can see the effort. Zero III is really freaking funny.

Oh, quick question,
who is lying? The father, the mother, or the son? I spent an hour on this puzzle and its not clicking even with Easy.

Might want to make sure you spoiler tag anything you mention VLR related, for those who haven't played it yet :)

It's the
child who is lying.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
What do you need screenshots for?

And oh game is cheaper on psn and not first party?

Would give akys a kiss if I could.
Like in the demo where you do a sequence of events to obtain a 4 digit code that you have to enter somewhere else. Instead of writing down the code you could just take a screenshot and hit the home button + flip over to the photo app when you need to recall it. Not necessarily efficient for small things, but you never know, it could come in handy

Esura

Banned
Might want to make sure you spoiler tag anything you mention VLR related, for those who haven't played it yet :)

It's the
child who is lying.

No problem.

Thanks for confirming that for me as I now know what I effed up on.
Originally I thought the son was lying but the puzzle still wasn't completing itself so I second guessed myself. I put the drinks in the wrong order. I didn't know I had to put them in the order from the bartender's perspective instead of my owns...facepalming myself, lol.

Top Bottom