• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Quick question, do they EVER give a reason for why the characters couldn't just choose to ally 3 times in a row so that everyone could have 9 points and get out just like that? Or is it just like in 999
where it was entirely trust issues?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Quick question, do they EVER give a reason for why the characters couldn't just choose to ally 3 times in a row so that everyone could have 9 points and get out just like that? Or is it just like in 999
where it was entirely trust issues?

People aren't that simple.

creid

Called my Gamestop, the guy is too busy to look in the box to see if my pre-order is in there. "Sorry, I've got a line, call back tomorrow morning." So glad I pre-ordered.

Edit: Called them back 20 min before closing, then ran and bought it 10 minutes later. Great success!

Noi

Assistance needed!

I'm at
B. Garden,
after the second set of CD's opened up.
I've solved everything in the room except for the damn "press the stars in the right order", to which I only figured out that I haven't found the clues relating to because I bumped it down to easy. Problem is, I can't for the life of me find whatever it is that has to do with it.
Someone throw me a bone!

Also, Zero III makes this game, holy shit.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oh, and just for people who think they can cheat their way out of doing puzzles, you can't. ;P

There's a Safe in every Puzzle Room that you have to enter a password into in order to escape. This password... is randomly generated. I'd read about it before, but I just tested it now to make sure (started game with English dub, then erased the save and started again on Japanese audio) and sure enough, the password was indeed different.

It's worth knowing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Assistance needed!

I'm at
B. Garden,
I've solved everything in the room except for the damn "press the stars in the right order", to which I only figured out that I haven't found the clues relating to because I bumped it down to easy. Problem is, I can't for the life of me find whatever it is that has to do with it.
Someone throw me a bone!

Use the crank to turn off the lights near the door. The stars appear in the small river.

RurouniZel

Assistance needed!

I'm at
B. Garden,
Someone throw me a bone!

Turn off the lights. There's a switch by the door.

EDIT: Damn it Kagari! ;P

Roubjon

I've got a question:

I played, beat, and loved 999 more than a year ago so naturally I forgot some of the minor details of the story. Should I read up on them again for this game? Are those really small details some of the stuff I should know so when some crazy revelation comes up in VLR I know what's going on, or does VLR do a good job at refreshing your memory of what happened?

RurouniZel

I've got a question:

I played, beat, and loved 999 more than a year ago so naturally I forgot some of the minor details of the story. Should I read up on them again for this game? Are those really small details some of the stuff I should know so when some crazy revelation comes up in VLR I know what's going on, or does VLR do a good job at refreshing your memory of what happened?

You'll be refreshed enough.

Necrovex

My download has finished, it is nice and cool outside, so it is time to turn off the lights, and play some Virtue's Last Reward. :p

Noi

Use the crank to turn off the lights near the door. The stars appear in the small river.

Turn off the lights. There's a switch by the door.

...I guess I haven't solved everything else, haha.

I have a metal rod, but I haven't found whatever piece you have to combine it with. I'm assuming the switch you turn off the lights is the one covered with the butterfly-shaped hole, but I've got nothing to open it with. I did solve the weighted coin puzzle though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yes! Score!

I had to go to four Gamestops, but the last one I visited (and the only one I had to wait in line at...for like 30 minutes) had one copy in stock!

Can't wait to play this tonight!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
...I guess I haven't solved everything else, haha.

I have a metal rod, but I haven't found whatever piece you have to combine it with. I'm assuming the switch you turn off the lights is the one covered with the butterfly-shaped hole, but I've got nothing to open it with. I did solve the weighted coin puzzle though.

IIRC it was inside the drawer on the scale and the other part is on a bench.

CronoShot

Amazon said:
Your Amazon.com order of "Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (with Pre order bonus item)" has shipped!

Your estimated delivery date is:
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Woooooo! Wasn't expecting it until Thursday!

Noi

IIRC it was inside the drawer on the scale and the other part is on a bench.

..Yeah, somehow it didn't hit me to
check the drawer on the scale. Just assumed the whole thing was used for just the coins.
Now I feel silly. Thanks!

Caelestis

Newegg didn't even update the status for this game yet. If I knew I would have just gotten the digital version over pre-ordering. :[

The Kid

So I recognize this is blasphemy but I want to play Virtue but I don't want to play 999 (namely because I don't have a DS and I don't have the time to do so). Is there a good place to read or watch what happened in the game so I will be caught up?

The game is killing it with the great reviews! (like anyone was expecting anything less than great! : P)

Anyway, everybunny have fun and remember to mark your spoilers. If I get spoiled I'll not be happy.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Technically yes, but you have to manually move the cursor, which can be annoying...
I thought the keypad input sequences in the demo were touch only? I think ideally you would want it the other way around - playing the whole game with touch only, especially if you have a stylus.

Top Bottom