• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, I got that part. It's the part after getting the shapes is what getting me stuck. Trying to figure out what numerical values they all hold for the phone (assuming that what they are meant for)

You uncovered the poster right? Should be 1986

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yeah, I got that part. It's the part after getting the shapes is what getting me stuck. Trying to figure out what numerical values they all hold for the phone (assuming that what they are meant for)

Did you check the poster?

EDIT: AGAIN, KAGARI!! ;P

Necrovex

You uncovered the poster right? Should be 1986

I completely forgot about the poster. Dope. Thanks for the help, Time to use this box cutter for some fun times.

Edit: And that plan failed. At least I know I am on the right path...

Belisarius

Neo Member
Do all the puzzles have an associated silver/gold file, or do some rooms just give you an escape password and nothing else? I'm in the
infirmary
and am wondering if I'm missing something.

All puzzle rooms have a silver file and a gold file. That includes the
infirmary
. :3 That room's gold file is super hard, though.

NateDrake

I'm over tired and I'm definitely missing some small detail during the opening sequence so I'll ask here and forever be in shame.
I have the gold password for the safe but I can't find the last SD card to escape the elevator.

Pharros

Kagari, did I hear you say on Twitter that this was your GOTY so far? 999 was my 2010 GOTY and hearing you say that seriously makes me excited to play this...

RurouniZel

I'm over tired and I'm definitely missing some small detail during the opening sequence so I'll ask here and forever be in shame.
I have the gold password for the safe but I can't find the last SD card to escape the elevator.

On the elevator, a 0 or a 3 will give you different SD cards assuming you have already entered the old men and children. Zero the 3rd, get it?

zulux21

to much black text going on so uh... how about those watches going for $60 plus on ebay already
91c27eab4c404534bc5ec34.png
the first two are just the watch the third one is the watch and vita game. All 3 are completed listings meaning they sold at that amount.

Necrovex

I understand your pain. I am stuck on the second puzzle. I never had this issue with 999. Is it just me, or are the puzzles harder in this one?

Also, poster help? I feel really bad having to ask this but I don't want to stop playing yet.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I understand your pain. I am stuck on the second puzzle. I never had this issue with 999. Is it just me, or are the puzzles harder in this one?

Also, poster help? I feel really bad having to ask this but I don't want to stop playing yet.

IIRC there's a coin in room 04.

Necrovex

IIRC there's a coin in room 04.

Going to ask one more thing before I call it quits for the night. I am in room 04, examined everything. Phi is saying to examine the right ankle of the silhouette, but no matter what I do, nothing is occurring. I cannot seem to find the coin in room 04. Any additional help you can give?

Edit: I really blow at puzzle games. Math, languages, I can handle those, but toss me a puzzle and my mind falls apart. Must perserve and reach VN stuff!

Vlaphor

For the people afraid of the black bars running around, 95% of these have been puzzle solution spoilers.

Just as a heads up.

A 1/20 chance of a story spoiler is still too much for me.

Also, why hasn't mind shipped yet? Vita version, pre-order bonus, ordered Sep 18. Still says hasn't shipped. Delivery estimate: Friday.

TheExodu5

Banned
I get home and want to download the game...and I need to update my PS Vita. This process apparently takes over 30 minutes.

And I wonder why I never want to play anything but my PC or DS these days.

Seriously...how slow is PSN? It's downloaded 10MB in 3 minutes. What the hell?

Noi

So right after my last freakout...

(After reaching Lock 8 and
watch Phi "pay me back" for betraying her, go back to the choice and watch said betrayal actually happen
, get my first bad end, unlock Lock 8 and reach Lock 9.)

I've read Ever 17 before so I'm familiar with setups involving characters remembering choices made in alternate universes, but I don't think I fully got the "your choice in the future changes thing Phi was talking about. Though I understand what happened in the route where she betrays me... but Alice changing her decision isn't explained yet, unless I'm just not getting what happened there with the info they gave me. Then the bomb accusation cutting off, GAH. Such a tease!

Also,
Phi reaches 9 and she gets let off with a scolding after actually trying to ditch us, but Sigma barely does anything when he reaches 9 and he immediately gets BAD ENDded?
I get no respect around here!

This game =

ibS9VSBT7Zg7o.gif

zulux21

A 1/20 chance of a story spoiler is still too much for me.

Also, why hasn't mind shipped yet? Vita version, pre-order bonus, ordered Sep 18. Still says hasn't shipped. Delivery estimate: Friday.

my guess... the shipment of vita games didn't reach amazon today in time to ship them out thus they are planning on shipping them tomorrow. Meanwhile it seems the 3ds package did show up in time for them to fill orders.

RurouniZel

Going to ask one more thing before I call it quits for the night. I am in room 04, examined everything. Phi is saying to examine the right ankle of the silhouette, but no matter what I do, nothing is occurring. I cannot seem to find the coin in room 04. Any additional help you can give?

Edit: I really blow at puzzle games. Math, languages, I can handle those, but toss me a puzzle and my mind falls apart. Must perserve and reach VN stuff!

Have you tried clicking the poster a 2nd time? It should give you a zoomed in view where you have to scratch stuff off.

Ken

What if the copies of the game are playing the Nonary game in Amazon's warehouses.

What if the lack of watches is because some of them didn't make it.

AniHawk

i think this may have a good chance at hitting gaf's top 10 list this year. it'd be the first time a handheld game would do so since 2006, i think, and it'd be especially nice since it's multiplatform.

Necrovex

Have you tried clicking the poster a 2nd time? It should give you a zoomed in view where you have to scratch stuff off.

Believe me, I have spammed the hell out of that poster with everything I had. Alas, the all-glorious coin must be found first.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

watch Phi "pay me back" for betraying her, go back to the choice and watch said betrayal actually happen

I've read Ever 17 before so I'm familiar with setups involving characters remembering choices made in alternate universes, but I don't think I fully got the "your choice in the future changes thing Phi was talking about. Though I understand what happened in the route where she betrays me... but Alice changing her decision isn't explained yet, unless I'm just not getting what happened there with the info they gave me. Then the bomb accusation cutting off, GAH. Such a tease!

Also,
Phi reaches 9 and she gets let off with a scolding after actually trying to ditch us, but Sigma barely does anything when he reaches 9 and he immediately gets BAD ENDded?

]

Poor Sigma. He really gets screwed whenever he gets to 9 BP ;-; Everyone must be jealous of his swag.

RurouniZel

Believe me, I have spammed the hell out of that poster with everything I had. Alas, the all-glorious coin must be found first.

Hold on, I'm gonna save my game and try to go that way for a bit, see if I can't help. Give me a bit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Try entering 6811 into the phone number. I think it might get you the coin. That section was the first room I did the puzzles for so it's hard to remember.

Necrovex

Hold on, I'm gonna save my game and try to go that way for a bit, see if I can't help. Give me a bit.

I appreciate it, it'll be a nice treat to see the answer pop up in the morning if I cannot figure it out tonight.

Try entering 6811 into the phone number. I think it might get you the coin. That section was the first room I did the puzzles for so it's hard to remember.

Answer:
The coin is inside the locker...

Which I am unable to access atm. All I have right now is the box cutter and foil. I got the shapes, but I cannot distinguish their meaning.

Noi

I
Which I am unable to access atm. All I have right now is the box cutter and foil. I got the shapes, but I cannot distinguish their meaning.

Hint:
There are markings in every room that have to do with the lockers. Examine your roll of foil again.

Answer:
Double tap the desks below the markings on the wall to slide out the metal plate, but the sheet on it, then slide it back to reveal the password for the lockers. You can make multiple sheets of shapes out of the single roll of foil.

You're lucky that we both ended up going down the same route first!

AniHawk

i'm waiting until the best buy near me gets it.

because patience is a virtue

hahahaha, haha, oh man. i think i need to lie down.

RurouniZel

Necrovex, just got it.

In Room 4, if you use the right paper with the desk (room 3 has an open locker with a roll of paper and a knife is on the desk, keep combining to get 4 sheets of paper), you should get the code 3472. Enter the code into the locker in the same room by making sure the button you push adds up i.e the first should be 3+0, which equals 3 etc.) Open the locker and a wallet with a coin is inside.

It's funny, cause (story spoilers for up to where Noi is)
that was the point where the game really fucked my brain up big time. I did the timeline straight up to betraying Phi, since I wanted to get the negative routes out of the way (lol). I felt bad about it so I went back immediately and decided to trust her, only to have her betray me and tell me she remembers what I did. I freaked the FUCK out. That was a huge holy shit moment for me

Just fantastic.

Necrovex

Hint:
There are markings in every room that have to do with the lockers.

Answer:
Double tap the desks below the markings on the wall to slide out the metal plate, but the sheet on it, then slide it back to reveal the password for the lockers. You can make multiple sheets of shapes out of the single roll of foil.

You're lucky that we both ended up going down the same route first!

Bloody hell, I didn't even think recutting the foil. Dope for the second time of the night.

I should be able to figure out the rest by myself now. Thanks for all the help, mates.

Koroviev

I get home and want to download the game...and I need to update my PS Vita. This process apparently takes over 30 minutes.

And I wonder why I never want to play anything but my PC or DS these days.

Seriously...how slow is PSN? It's downloaded 10MB in 3 minutes. What the hell?

The game downloaded pretty fast for me. PSN is a fickle beast :\

Astral

Also,

This game =

ibS9VSBT7Zg7o.gif

You finished your first playthrough already? How long is this game? Four or five hours?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
This game... just spent 6 hours straight going down the leftmost branch, getting to my first "To Be Continued..." screen.
And man, has it been a blood bath. D: Also, I had no idea what the username/password combination was for the computer in the Director's Room. Is it something that I missed or will I figure it out after completing other branches?
Have to stop myself from starting on a different route or else I'm gonna be up all night, haha.

I've been stubborn and played on Hard the entire way through so far.
And I've gotten all the gold files as well, but haven't been reading them though as per Kagari's warning up thread about spoilery stuff being in the Archives.
While I probably will get more satisfaction about solving the puzzles this way, I'm a little worried about the missed dialog since the banter/interaction in 999 during the puzzle-solving portions was lot of fun.

Must... wait till tomorrow... to turn on 3DS again... T.T

RurouniZel

This game... just spent 6 hours straight going down the leftmost branch, getting to my first "To Be Continued..." screen.
And man, has it been a blood bath. Old lady, Alice, Luna, Clover and Tenmyouji, Dio and K - all dead. D: I had no idea what the username/password combination was for the computer in the Director's Room. Is it something that I missed or will I figure it out after completing other branches?
Have to stop myself from starting on a different route or else I'm gonna be up all night, haha.

And I've gotten all the gold files as well, but haven't been reading them though as per Kagari's warning up thread about spoilery stuff being in the Archives.
While I probably will get more satisfaction about solving the puzzles this way, I'm a little worried about the missed dialog since the banter/interaction in 999 during the puzzle-solving portions was lot of fun.

That is the exact same route I started on the first time... and the route I'm doing first again! :D

Don't know how this always happens to me with Gamestop. A couple weeks ago I was looking online to buy 999 and could have sworn it was $17 and there were multiple copies in my area. Now all of a sudden it's 20 and there are no new copies in sight, only one store with a used copy that I have to make a drive to.

Last time this happend it was with Gamecube games where they all of a sudden disappeared from all my local stores.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
And man, has it been a blood bath. D: Also, I had no idea what the username/password combination was for the computer in the Director's Room. Is it something that I missed or will I figure it out after completing other branches?

All questions will be answered in due time.

The first door I went through was the cyan one, for the record.

hum and now it's time for the black bars to arrive ..it's also time for me to avoid this thread untill i've finished my copy ( still not yet shipped )

kiryogi

Banned
So regarding the Lounge. . . I just have to know about the 2nd safe puzzle.

Am I missing another hint outside of the bartender's note? Was I supposed to just brute force it since one the mentioned drinks was a lie?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So regarding the Lounge. . . I just have to know about the 2nd safe puzzle.

Am I missing another hint outside of the bartender's note? Was I supposed to just brute force it since one the mentioned drinks was a lie?

The son's words are the lie.

Cheska

Damnit, I'm trying to hold out for my Vita version on Friday but this is haaard. I wonder if I can find someone to trade me a 3DS version for my extra Vita version if I decide to go out and pick it up.

I was hoping that keeping myself occupied with games I still need to beat would be enough to keep my mind off of this, but so far it's not working :/

kiryogi

Banned
The son's words are the lie.

That's what I thought! But I'm still getting a no go. . . Maybe I'm mixing the drinks wrong. . . . Or placing them wrong. When the bartender means left/center/right. It's from his prospective huh.

Top Bottom