• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's what I thought! But I'm still getting a no go. . . Maybe I'm mixing the drinks wrong. . . . Or placing them wrong. When the bartender means left/center/right. It's from his prospective huh.

They also need to be placed in the correct order on the coasters, if that helps.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oh GAWD!! XD Aksys, I fully approve of you giving (translation/story(?) spoiler)
Gaulem a Cockney accent!
WHOLLY APPROVE! XD

d0c_zaius

game is really good! digging the whole style and voice over work. The only thing I dont like is trying to write notes with my finger on the vita, but that is minor.

great job so far!

I saw The Infirmary's Gold file being mentioned as ridiculously hard earlier in the thread. Any ideas? I'm totally stumped. :/

maybe my brain is fried from playing too much, but what is the deal with gold files? I thought I would get another chance to open the safe to get the file or something, but twice now I've entered the solution and got the escape key.

Gambit61

mbM3C.png

This is gonna be a long week.

Drakken

Gaaaah. My copy should be shipping from Amazon soon. Only problem is I never bought a system to play it on. :p

Looks like I'm gonna have to snag a 3DS off eBay; there's no way I'm missing out on this.

Belisarius

Neo Member
Oh GAWD!! XD Aksys, I fully approve of you giving (translation/story(?) spoiler)
Gaulem a Cockney accent!
WHOLLY APPROVE! XD

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I spent like, two or three days deciding what the hell I was going to do about
his accent. Cockney seemed like the best bet,
and the VA nailed it.

Noi

Current progress in the game.

Pretty much went entirely right, somewhat by accident. I could have
opposed what Alice said, but didn't want to tick her off anymore after "betraying" her
, haha. I should really stop since I've got class in the morning but, GAH, just one more path...

Edit: Ben, you had too much fun writing up all these cat puns didn't you?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Current progress in the game.

Pretty much went entirely right, somewhat by accident. I could have
opposed what Alice said, but didn't want to tick her off anymore after "betraying" her
, haha. I should really stop since I've got class in the morning but, GAH, just one more path...

Edit: Ben, you had too much fun writing up all these cat puns didn't you?

Many nights of sleep were lost in pursuit of finishing VLR ;-;

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The game is still not available on my local store. ;_;

CorySchmitz

I love this game so much. It makes me super happy.

Only con so far on the 3DS version is the 3D is kinda bad. A lot of 3D ghosting-stuff and it just doesn't look that good in 3D. Everything else about the 3DS version is pretty rad. The UI and the fidelity of the graphics (3D withstanding) seem tailor made for the system.

Already excited to someday replay the game, but on the Vita. Slightly different experience should be cool.

Yep pretty sure this will end up in my top 5 of 2K12.

Tagg9

Does anyone know of a good synopsis for 999? I don't really have time to play through it all again, but I'd like a good refresher.

Okay, I need some help. I just cleared the first room, but I feel it was completely by accident.

I got the number of old people and babies correct, that's sure, but why the hell did the bunny rabbit number spit out memory cards at 3 and 0? I just mashed through all the buttons on that one, and I can't make heads or tails over what caused that to be the correct answer.

If anyone could clear this up for me I'd be much obliged.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I just got it and I feel dumb as rocks.

It's not a bunny. It's Zero. Zero the 3rd.

Noi

Okay, I need some help. I just cleared the first room, but I feel it was completely by accident.

I got the number of old people and babies correct, that's sure, but why the hell did the bunny rabbit number spit out memory cards at 3 and 0? I just mashed through all the buttons on that one, and I can't make heads or tails over what caused that to be the correct answer.

If anyone could clear this up for me I'd be much obliged.

Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I just got it and I feel dumb as rocks.

It's not a bunny. It's Zero. Zero the 3rd.

You got it. :p

If that makes you feel dumb as rocks, you better watch for the rest of the game, oooh man.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's crazy seeing people have trouble on the first puzzle. I didn't really get stumped until I entered the
Lounge

MooMoo

What's up with the lounge room?
I already did all the drink mixing stuff right, opened the safe, but there's nothing else in the room?

Looks great! Over 30 hours? I'm down!

Had to ask though...Vita or 3DS? I'm having a hard time deciding. Glad it's only $35 on PSN. I'm thinking about going digital with it.

EDIT: Decided to go with Vita...sharper visuals and better audio. Plus, I need more games for my Vita.

This, SFxT, and P4 next month...the Vita needs more games like these.

MooMoo

Did you do the globe puzzle?
Well here's what I've done so far:
1. Read the bartender's notes on the family drink mixing which gave me a code to unlock the safe (yielding some astronomy book).
2. I put the pin on the dial to reveal green sun, which combined with the blue planet and red moon, gave me another (now somewhat useless?) set of combos for unlocking the safe.
3. I switched to easy mode and the only thing Phi points out to me is the whole black letters spells out red moon and red letters spell out lion.
I've spent an hour trying to figure out what else I'm supposed to do. It's probably something obvious too...

Managed to switch over to the pre-order bonus version of the 3DS copy on Amazon, and I've got the email saying it's coming over on Thursday. This is going to be the fourth work by Uchikoshi that I've read, so I'm already well prepared for the lack of sleep to follow.

Ah, so much hype. Just two more days of resisting spoilers and I'm golden.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well here's what I've done so far:
1. Read the bartender's notes on the family drink mixing which gave me a code to unlock the safe (yielding some astronomy book).
2. I put the pin on the dial to reveal green sun, which combined with the blue planet and red moon, gave me another (now somewhat useless?) set of combos for unlocking the safe.
3. I switched to easy mode and the only thing Phi points out to me is the whole black letters spells out red moon and red letters spell out lion.
I've spent an hour trying to figure out what else I'm supposed to do. It's probably something obvious too...

Use the green sun, red moon, blue planet to create a new set of drinks and get the second safe code.

MooMoo

Use the green sun, red moon, blue planet to create a new set of drinks and get the second safe code.
OH huge herpderp moment. Not really spoilery but
I just realized that when you get that particular code, it shows up on the left side of the passcode screen. I assumed it was the right side since it was the second code I got.
Heh :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
OH huge herpderp moment. Not really spoilery but
I just realized that when you get that particular code, it shows up on the left side of the passcode screen. I assumed it was the right side since it was the second code I got.
Heh :p

Yep.
Green screen = escape password. Blue = archive file password.

Noi

(HUGE DAMN SPOILER)
*Expect this path to play out the same way as all the others in this branch*

>DEAD STABBED ALICE OUT OF NOWHERE.

YO DAMN, THIS CHANGED QUICKLY.

Top Bottom