• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
(HUGE DAMN SPOILER)
*Expect this path to play out the same way as all the others in this branch*

>DEAD STABBED ALICE OUT OF NOWHERE.

YO DAMN, THIS CHANGED QUICKLY.

There's a reason the Japanese title is called "Good People Die" ;)

Man, I'm two rooms in just got to the
lounge
and my head is spinning, although I am starting to question some of the voice acting decisions.

Spoiler for Zeros explanation after the first room
Am I totally nuts or do Phi and Zero share voice actors? If so...that's a bit on the nose isn't it? Although it'd probably be a weird curveball instead, considering Zero outright tells us one of us is the real Zero...AHHRSGHHGHG ALREADY MY HEAD

MooMoo

Freaking love Zero the III's voice work by the way.

Also
damn Clover, why you always smiling like the creepy person you were for most of 999?

Bah, still hasn't shipped. Fuckin Amazon.

And that shall be my only post in the thread until I get every ending I need to. These spoiler tabs are so damn tempting to highlight.

protonion

So about the difficulty levels. I read that easy has hints from characters but what about the files you're talking about here? Do I miss content by choosing easy or hard?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So about the difficulty levels. I read that easy has hints from characters but what about the files you're talking about here? Do I miss content by choosing easy or hard?

Easy will give you access to the silver files, Hard gives you access to the gold files which have more information.

Noi

Luna casually sits my ass down and
asks me if I'm a robot. Then we go into discussion about the laws of robotics.

Having played 999, I know that this type of tangent is going to be part of the plot somehow. THIS GAME...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ugh, stuck on the
colored roots problem

it's wayy to late and I'm obviously either overthinking this or just retarded... any hints? :(

The colored roots need to add up to the percentages. For reference, scroll up and you can see the fractions. Solve for the decimal and you'll have your answers. The roots need to add up to 100 so that should take care of the ?? one.

Luna casually sits my ass down and
asks me if I'm a robot. Then we go into discussion about the laws of robotics.

Having played 999, I know that this type of tangent is going to be part of the plot somehow. THIS GAME...

Are you human? Well... are you? Ohohoho

Noi

Oh boo, this branch ends on the same
bomb accusation
cliffhanger lock as the other one. Oh well, they had to make me play the left and middle paths at some point.

Just gotta
betray Clover when she's caring for Alice and Quark
to finish the right path (for now)... Really don't want to though, it makes me feel like such a jerk.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh boo, this branch ends on the same
bomb accusation
cliffhanger lock as the other one. Oh well, they had to make me play the left and middle paths at some point.

Just gotta
betray Clover when she's caring for Alice and Quark
to finish the right path (for now)... Really don't want to though, it makes me feel like such a jerk.

Just think of how she treated you in 999... :(

Noi

Just think of how she treated you in 999... :(

But she hasn't done anything bad this time...! maybe....! yet...! ;_;

Maybe it's the voice acting, but I SERIOUSLY don't want to know the outcome to this choice. I felt bad enough betraying someone I don't care much about, more so when it's someone I actually like. Doesn't help that I can tell it's a bad end from the roadmap too.

Edit: Yup, Sigma continues to get the short end of the stick. I'm gonna call it a night here.

Me:

R5K0Q.gif

i think this may have a good chance at hitting gaf's top 10 list this year. it'd be the first time a handheld game would do so since 2006, i think, and it'd be especially nice since it's multiplatform.

That's a given at this point. Honestly, I won't be surprised if it makes the top 5 on GAF, because at the moment it sure as hell seems to deserve to be in the top 5! It's getting quite a bit of attention.

kiryogi

Banned
This game and it's POV bits are murdering me on these puzzles. Like I know how to solve them but the fact that I'm not knowing the difference between right and left in terms of prospecitve. . .

Gaulem's Room and the damn robots

I eventually figured it out though.

I had a nightmare this night!
I dreamed of watchin' a FULL anime of VLR, thinking it wouldn't spoiler anything (really?). But even the ending was spoiled in the first scenes!
There were aliens and monsters...
What the hell???
I really DO want this game...

Torraz

Dang it, being in Europe is not fun atm. So very tempted to wipe my vita, buy a US PSN card and buy/download the game... But then I'd be stuck with two accounts with content etc. :///

Noi

Said "fuck sleep" and trucked on with the left path. Finally, someone nice who
didn't betray me at the first chance.
<3

Ath

How's the English voice acting compared to the Japanese voice acting so far? As a European 3DS owner we won't get the English dub so am I missing out?

Koroviev

I resumed playing 999 last night...then proceeded to cave and read plot explanations. TV Tropes is pretty thorough. I am a bad human (._. )

Omikaru

When they say this game is 30+ hours.. Is that one playthrough or going through each of the routes?

I think it's going through each of the routes, and not one solitary beginning and end.

One thing I learned about 999 is not to treat one "playthrough" as completing the game, and I imagine VLR is exactly the same. Competing the game in 999's case was, literally, getting all of the endings, because the story isn't complete without them. It's not superfluous fluff added once the initial story has been told to add replay value, and is integral to the experience. Because of this, I expect when someone says 30+ hours to complete, they mean 30+ hours to get the whole story, which explicitly means unlocking every story path.

It's a bit much for some people wrap their heads around because they're so used to a "playthrough" being a complete experience, but Zero Escape games really do change what it means to complete a game. On the outset it's pretty offputting, but I think a lot of people change their tune when they see how the game forks and isn't just a bunch of multiple choice questions that have minimal impact, so the feeling that you're retreading old ground is not something that often happens.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I spent like, two or three days deciding what the hell I was going to do about
his accent. Cockney seemed like the best bet,
and the VA nailed it.

Well I'd say you made the perfect choice! Well done! :D

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's crazy seeing people have trouble on the first puzzle. I didn't really get stumped until I entered the
Lounge

The lounge was only tough for me because I couldnt find
the last piece of the globe that was behind some of the liquor bottles. So I was going nuts, racking my brain again the red/black lettering. I even figured out Red Moon, but I would've never figured out blue planet, thus the angst
. Everything else was fine though.

Lusankya

How do I get past the GAULEM Bay? Desription of the problem under the spoiler tags:

I need a rag or something like that to clean up the oil and I have a bunch of stuff I can't use anywhere.
The star shaped thing doesn't fit the hole, I don't find anything I could open with the silver key, nor any screws I could unscrew.

I pushed the button and the robot's eyes turned red, but that's it.

Wonder what the V means on the map (I thought of voltage, but I can't find the spot anywhere in the real room) anyway).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How do I get past the GAULEM Bay? Desription of the problem under the spoiler tags:

I need a rag or something like that to clean up the oil and I have a bunch of stuff I can't use anywhere.
The star shaped thing doesn't fit the hole, I don't find anything I could open with the silver key, nor any screws I could unscrew.

I pushed the button and the robot's eyes turned red, but that's it.

Wonder what the V means on the map (I thought of voltage, but I can't find the spot anywhere in the real room) anyway).

Take the radio from next to the gaulem's head. Go over to the computer monitor and set it to the frequency you need. The drawer underneath it will unlock and you can put the star-shapped thing in it. Inside the middle drawer is a wheel you can use on the star area in the wall by the door.

So these files are hidden in the environment right? In both modes the way to get them is the same?

No, you unlock them with a second safe code.

Lusankya

So these files are hidden in the environment right? In both modes the way to get them is the same?

They're in the same safe, where you find the key for the exit in each room. They just need a different combination. The game will tell you in the very first room.

Lusankya

Take the radio from next to the gaulem's head. Go over to the computer monitor and set it to the frequency you need. The drawer underneath it will unlock and you can put the star-shapped thing in it. Inside the middle drawer is a wheel you can use on the star area in the wall by the door.

Thanks. I feel so stupid now, because I didn't even realize
that there actually was a drawer to open...

stupei

i think this may have a good chance at hitting gaf's top 10 list this year. it'd be the first time a handheld game would do so since 2006, i think, and it'd be especially nice since it's multiplatform.

I had to go back to double check, but Super Mario 3D Land was #9 last year.

You're right that it's very rare, though. (Obviously you would know!)

It'd be great to see this on there.

Top Bottom