• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
3 hours in, and after switching between the English and Japanese voices several times, my primary thought is: poor Europeans. You guys will be missing out on Zero III's fantastic English performance. (._. )
Definitely. English Zero III is way better than the Japanese one.

The Oprahness really shines. It makes me feel like I can bust out the BEES gif.

Belisarius

Neo Member
Do you get to go back to rooms and try for gold files? I think I know what to do for the file in the crew quarters, but I didn't get a chance to try before I was ushered out of there. I know the game mentions you can move back and forth through doors, but I want to be sure I can go back before saving again or I will just reload my old save.

I believe you can use the flowchart to go back and replay them on hard.

Roto13

I believe you can use the flowchart to go back and replay them on hard.

It's so easy to get both sets of files. As long as you find the file password on one difficulty, you can just go back and immediately input the password on the other difficulty. No need to even do any of the puzzles again. :p

So yeah, you can do it on easy, get both passwords, grab the silver file, then immediately (without even putting in the escape password) go back to the beginning and put both passwords in on hard mode.

TheGrue

It's so easy to get both sets of files. As long as you find the file password on one difficulty, you can just go back and immediately input the password on the other difficulty. No need to even do any of the puzzles again. :p

So yeah, you can do it on easy, get both passwords, grab the silver file, then immediately (without even putting in the escape password) go back to the beginning and put both passwords in on hard mode.

Thanks for the answers everyone. I ended up saving where I was and then loading my old save just to see where it was. Turns out it was right before unlocking the locker to get the safe codes, so I got to attempt my hunch and it turned out correct, so I got the gold file and really don't have to repeat very much to get back to where I was. I think from now on I will make sure I have both passwords before punching anything into the safe as I really was startled I didn't get a chance to hang around the room and work on getting the gold file. I'll enter the gold file password first and then the escape one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, I regret not having gotten all the files in every room before I moved on. Having to go back to the six locations I missed was a bit time consuming.

Eusis

A lot of Americans seem to forget that America is a continent and not a country.
Doesn't help that anyone talking about Americans IS going to typically refer to people from the USA. Maybe Canadians would work too given they're practically the USA's lesser known sibling, but I can't imagine any of them thinking of applying that to South Americans... though that works just fine.

Leeness

Anyone in the Vancouver area heard anything yet? :/ Still no word...

Edit: well, GameStop.ca says they're around so even though I have no phonecall, I'm gonna go see.

Walked in the house, UPS man was basically right behind me. Now all I have to do is resist the temptation to bust this bad boy out right now and play it as opposed to studying for my Trig test. (P.S. I'm wearing my watch as I type this :D)

Umm what... I solved the optional puzzle for one of the puzzles (to get background data) but I can't figure out how to solve the main puzzle.

I am VERY early in the game. Like... the first puzzle of the Magenta chromatic door. Can anyone help?

Lounge Area. There is a beam of light where the globe should be, but I can't find the last part to complete the globe. Where are the fucking globe parts?

Noi

Umm what... I solved the optional puzzle for one of the puzzles (to get background data) but I can't figure out how to solve the main puzzle.

I am VERY early in the game. Like... the first puzzle of the Magenta chromatic door. Can anyone help?

Lounge Area. There is a beam of light where the globe should be, but I can't find the last part to complete the globe. Where are the fucking globe parts?

Did you find the one hidden behind the liquor bottles?

Mupod

Oh, amazon.ca finally shipped. It's in Mississauga, I'm in Sudbury...I've seen stuff from there get here in a day, it could happen. I want to believe.

Clott

My amazon package just came with the watch, really cool. I am still tied up with work but will be running off to buy a vita immediately after I am done.

Let me get this straight, the game provides you with file, but the files spoil the game, so I shouldn't be reading any of it?

not story spoiler but just some help on the gold folder in one of the early rooms

so im with clover and alice in the room with the food rations where you have make the acidic water etc and ive pretty much got the key to exit the room, but i reaaaaly want the secret folder too. I've got the sign with the message that says "the day the man was abducted" , i just dont understand what it means at all! is it an anagram? im fucking terrible at those lol, just a yes or no answer whether its anagram would be a great help!

anyone?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my first ending!
----------Dio.
Now onto other branches with all this new info. :O

Also... damn that last puzzle in the Pantry. I pumped my fist into the air alongside Sigma's reaction to solving that one, haha.

Just checking, I've been going down the leftmost path and have just reached
the password in the Director's Office. I'm assuming I'm not supposed to be able to enter it the first time I reach it; I need to come back later with information from one of the other paths, right?

Vlaphor

Arrgh. I stepped out of the house for 45 minutes today, and that's when UPS decides to show up and leave a notice saying they couldn't deliver my package.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Is it an anagram?
--Nope.

More of a hint:
Haven't you had a discussion with some of your fellow participants of the Nonary Game about how you all ended up there?

Outright answer:
Input the date Sigma was abducted by Zero into the machine next to all the ration boxes. 12/25 -> 101112, B, 13.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bob Mackey gave this A- on 1up.

I haven't read it yet due to being paranoid about spoilers.

I seriously doubt they'd put spoilers in a review for a game whose biggest draw is its story.

Noi

Just checking, I've been going down the leftmost path and have just reached
the password in the Director's Office. I'm assuming I'm not supposed to be able to enter it the first time I reach it; I need to come back later with information from one of the other paths, right?

Correct.

Leeness

Lol gooood thing I know the release date. My GS tried to tell me it was street dated for next Tuesday and they'd already turned a few people away.

Now they have to call and apologize haha.

kiryogi

Banned
Definitely. English Zero III is way better than the Japanese one.

The Oprahness really shines. It makes me feel like I can bust out the BEES gif.

Think they both have their perks. While Tarako doesn't have the variety Cindy offers, her Zero is a lot more sadistic/demented and there's engrish emphasis on bits.

On a different note, I didn't realize Omigawa was Phi in JP. Not a bad role for her @ all I suppose considering how horrid she's been in most other things.

Noi

Yo damn.

(Lock No.1 spoilers)
What kind of sadist would break Dio's bracelet to kill off Phi and K? Not cool, man. :(

Also, way to miss both Clover and Tenmyuouji, who were likely in the same place as last time.

zulux21

Arrgh. I stepped out of the house for 45 minutes today, and that's when UPS decides to show up and leave a notice saying they couldn't deliver my package.

i know that feeling, twice I went to the bathroom and missed a package last year.
best part about my new place is that 95% of the time ups doesn't require me to sign anymore so they just knock and drop it off. far less stress over packages anymore.

Hoping to play this soon! I've heard nothing but good things about the Zero Escape series, and 999 is on its way to me from Amazon at the moment. Do we have a preferred version of this? Which is better for this particular game, the 3D on 3DS, or the higher resolution on Vita?

kiryogi

Banned
Hoping to play this soon! I've heard nothing but good things about the Zero Escape series, and 999 is on its way to me from Amazon at the moment. Do we have a preferred version of this? Which is better for this particular game, the 3D on 3DS, or the higher resolution on Vita?

The choice is hifidelity/iq or better controls/2 screens between the two.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I love the crisp images on the Vita, but supposedly 3DS players prefer the 3DS controls with stylus. No issues with VLR Vita here.

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
I played about 15 minutes of 999 and then put it away for a couple months. I picked it up again on a plane ride and spent the entire vacation unlocking all the endings. 999 is way up there in terms of using the media of games to effectively deliver a story. It does something the way a book or movie could never do. On the same level with Shadow of the Colossus and the first Bioshock.

I'm super pumped about this new one.

Walked in the house, UPS man was basically right behind me. Now all I have to do is resist the temptation to bust this bad boy out right now and play it as opposed to studying for my Trig test. (P.S. I'm wearing my watch as I type this :D)

Yeah, the temptation to start playing is killing me! I have to hold out until next weekend. The ultimate test of self control!

Awesome! What color watch did you end up getting?

Koroviev

Think they both have their perks. While Tarako doesn't have the variety Cindy offers, her Zero is a lot more sadistic/demented and there's engrish emphasis on bits.

On a different note, I didn't realize Omigawa was Phi in JP. Not a bad role for her @ all I suppose considering how horrid she's been in most other things.

I really like Phi's VA. Same goes for that* of Alice and Quark. And the music is great, but I already knew that ;)

*referring to the JP track

UberTag

Typos I've caught so far in the game (I'm making a list)...

Hanger --> Hangar
Hutch --> Hunch
Though --> Through
Athelete --> Athlete
Probaby --> Probably
Stalk --> Stock
Midde --> Middle

In addition to the rampant use of "donno".

These are kind of bonehead mistakes.
Do you think it was, like, a kid who handled the QC of this game?
3AQmK.gif

Or... as Phi would suggest, perhaps these typos weren't a mistake at all?
Can't wait until the I run across the nineth typo. (Or should I be saying ninth? Or perhaps the ninth unintentional typo?)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Typos I've caught so far in the game (I'm making a list)...

Hanger --> Hangar
Hutch --> Hunch
Though --> Through
Athelete --> Athlete
Probaby --> Probably
Stalk --> Stock
Midde --> Middle

In addition to the rampant use of "donno".

These are kind of bonehead mistakes.
Do you think it was, like, a kid who handled the QC of this game?
3AQmK.gif

Or... as Phi would suggest, perhaps these typos weren't a mistake at all?
Can't wait until the I run across the nineth typo. (Or should I be saying ninth? Or perhaps the ninth unintentional typo?)

I noticed these as well, it's unfortunate but maybe Aksys can somehow patch it later. Based on the credits it looks like QC was done by an outside company.

Top Bottom