• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Noi

Stylus is more responsive but you can also buy one for Vita as long as it's capacitive.

I wish I had a stylus whenever I go to type on the memo, haha. I can at least understand my finger scribbles, and I haven't had to jot down anything TOO complicated.

I wish I had a stylus whenever I go to type on the memo, haha. I can at least understand my finger scribbles, and I haven't had to jot down anything TOO complicated.

Yeah, honestly Im going to grab a capacitive stylus tomorrow, most games Im using touch on the vita would benefit from it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I ended up writing down a ton during puzzles so I resorted to using actual paper.

- J - D -

Game and watch get!

bhKDK.jpg

Ok are the puzzles for the golden files supposed to be easier than the main puzzle?

I keep solving those while not being able to get enough thingamajigs to complete the actual main puzzle...

-_-

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ok are the puzzles for the golden files supposed to be easier than the main puzzle?

I keep solving those while not being able to get enough thingamajigs to complete the actual main puzzle...

-_-
Sometimes yes... sometimes no. It's all subjective and depends on the room. But I definitely ran into the same thing.

Noi

Did as much as possible on the left path. Didn't unlock a single lock on the right. I am dissapoint.

Kagari, how much mindfuck should I expect from the middle path? Left certainly didn't let me down after doing the right path.

Clott

Someone needs to answer my question, am I not supposed to read the files I find in the game in light of spoilers? I still haven't started up and this sounds very integral into the experience.

Sometimes yes... sometimes no. It's all subjective and depends on the room. But I definitely ran into the same thing.

I'm stuck in the rec room currently.

I've done:

I solved the billiards, I solved the keyboard, I solved the armor dudes. I got the darts and got the gold file code... now I'm at a loss of what to do for the regular code...

UberTag

I noticed these as well, it's unfortunate but maybe Aksys can somehow patch it later. Based on the credits it looks like QC was done by an outside company.
I was amused by the fact that an intentional misspelling found its way into the story structure of the game after all of the mistakes so I directly borrowed from the game script around the "nineth" musings as it served as ironic commentary.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I've done:

I solved the billiards, I solved the keyboard, I solved the armor dudes. I got the darts and got the gold file code... now I'm at a loss of what to do for the regular code...
There is another way to create the solution with the darts.

Noi

I've done:

You got the
gold file code
before the
escape code
? Weirdo.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Did as much as possible on the left path. Didn't unlock a single lock on the right. I am dissapoint.

Kagari, how much mindfuck should I expect from the middle path? Left certainly didn't let me down after doing the right path.
You have just scratched the surface.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member

I've done:

Green > Blue > Red got you the gold file, right? Take a look at the dart box again...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Someone needs to answer my question, am I not supposed to read the files I find in the game in light of spoilers? I still haven't started up and this sounds very integral into the experience.
I suggest avoiding them. Some show up before you get to their point in the game and could ruin potential surprises.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Stylus is more responsive but you can also buy one for Vita as long as it's capacitive.

Does the Vita version also give you the option to compare between 2 different sources (e.g., you can put a Memo page on the top screen while solving a puzzle on the bottom)? I've been employing that a lot in the Escape Rooms and it's easily my favorite aspect of the 3DS controls.

Himself

I assume this spoils 999? I only ever got one (bad) ending in that...

I have a related question. Are the events of 999 clearly explained during VLR, or is it something that only those who know what happened in 999 will recognize? I'm just worried I'll be playing VLR and get to a certain point where I'm supposed to remember something from 999 for maximum effect, but won't.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Does the Vita version also give you the option to compare between 2 different sources (ie you can put a Memo page on the top screen while solving a puzzle on the bottom)? I've been employing that a lot in the Escape Rooms and it's easily my favorite aspect of the 3DS controls.
You can overlay any scene with the memo on the Vita version.

Noi

Does the Vita version also give you the option to compare between 2 different sources (e.g., you can put a Memo page on the top screen while solving a puzzle on the bottom)? I've been employing that a lot in the Escape Rooms and it's easily my favorite aspect of the 3DS controls.

Almost. You can hit a "button" on the side of the screen that brings up the memo/archives during a puzzle, but you can't have both up at the same time like you can on the 3DS, for obvious reasons.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I have a related question. Are the events of 999 clearly explained during VLR, or is it something that only those who know what happened in 999 will recognize? I'm just worried I'll be playing VLR and get to a certain point where I'm supposed to remember something from 999 for maximum effect, but won't.
Most of the 999 references in VLR stem from the events that happened in the true ending. So if you can recognize a bit of that then you'll be okay.

hank_tree

Loving this game so far. I've done all of the left branch as far as I could go and now I'm starting down another path.

One small problem I have is that the ally/betray system is cool initially but when it's so easy (and mandatory) to go down all the different paths then it removes a bit of the tension from those decisions. I'm going to see both outcomes anyway so it doesn't really matter what I pick.

Quick slightly off topic question. I downloaded this game from PSN. When I finish it do I have to keep the full 1.3Gb installed to keep my save data? Or is the save data separate from the app? I've never been too clear on how this works for PSN downloads on Vita.

Koroviev

Loving this game so far. I've done all of the left branch as far as I could go and now I'm starting down another path.

One small problem I have is that the ally/betray system is cool initially but when it's so easy (and mandatory) to go down all the different paths then it removes a bit of the tension from those decisions. I'm going to see both outcomes anyway so it doesn't really matter what I pick.

Quick slightly off topic question. I downloaded this game from PSN. When I finish it do I have to keep the full 1.3Gb installed to keep my save data? Or is the save data separate from the app? I've never been too clear on how this works for PSN downloads on Vita.

You have to back up the game and the save. Yes, it's remarkably stupid.

GSR

I remember seeing the first Famitsu scans. The excitement, the speculation, the squabbling over how the hell to translate Zennin Shiboudesu. I remember following every bit of the new media they released. I remember seeing the characters' profiles for the first time and knowing that was just the first piece of the puzzle. I remember seeing here on GAF the announcement that the game would indeed be localized, by Aksys.

A year and spare change it's been. And now it's here in front of me. The watch is red; guess I'm Sigma.

Time to dive back into the Nonary Game.

Koroviev

I remember seeing the first Famitsu scans. The excitement, the speculation, the squabbling over how the hell to translate Zennin Shiboudesu. I remember following every bit of the new media they released. I remember seeing the characters' profiles for the first time and knowing that was just the first piece of the puzzle. I remember seeing here on GAF the announcement that the game would indeed be localized, by Aksys.

A year and spare change it's been. And now it's here in front of me. The watch is red; guess I'm Sigma.

Just don't forget to breathe ;)

Busaiku

Bah, I can't believe it took me like an 1.5 hours to do the
Security room puzzle.
Took me like 30 minutes to figure out that what "not needing" some of the words meant that you had to switch them off, and then another 15 minutes to figure out that you can actually move stuff into the black panels. I kept thinking you could only move stuff on the green panels.

God, I'm quoting everything you said!
I've been waiting for this game for so long...
And tomorrow...
*shiver*

What what what what whaaaaat?!!?!?!?!

Holy fucking shit no... this didnt happen during the first game!

MEGA MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ~2 PUZZLES.... after rec room puzzle and the lounge puzzle.

TWO PEOPLE ALREADY DEAD AFTER ONLY 2 PUZZLES? WTF... no....

Roto13

People in this game certainly like to leave things until the last second. "Oh, we have 45 minutes until we have to vote? See you in 44 minutes and 59 seconds."

They're also all super impressed with that one TV trope.

Noi

What what what what whaaaaat?!!?!?!?!

Holy fucking shit no... this didnt happen during the first game!

MEGA MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR ~2 PUZZLES.... after rec room puzzle and the lounge puzzle.

TWO PEOPLE ALREADY DEAD AFTER ONLY 2 PUZZLES? WTF... no....

Good people die. Ain't it sad?

Chairhome

a few questions: how long does it take to do an average first run through? My wife and I both want to play but she doesn't think she'll start soon, and I am going on a trip but take notoriously long to finish games like this so I don't want to keep her waiting.

Also, is there a scratch guard on the watch? I have a scratch on the face (it came like that), but not sure if its on the actual face or on a scratch guard on the face that I can't seem to take off (probably the former...) :-(

If you are reacting like this already... well, I can't wait until later...

Honestly I saw it coming 100 miles away. I still walked into it in the hopes the character would do the unexpected. But nope.

I'm sticking with Tit for Tat for certain now. I pick whatever the person I'm playing against picked last.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
a few questions: how long does it take to do an average first run through? My wife and I both want to play but she doesn't think she'll start soon, and I am going on a trip but take notoriously long to finish games like this so I don't want to keep her waiting.

Also, is there a scratch guard on the watch? I have a scratch on the face (it came like that), but not sure if its on the actual face or on a scratch guard on the face that I can't seem to take off (probably the former...) :-(
It took me 31 hours to clear the entire story.

Top Bottom